• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

zugzug

wow that drama about a 60 boxer reporting the same guy and that guy getting permabanned. Eve if Blizzard auotmated permabanning somehow I can't help but think Blizzard got this all wrong and the sellout is in effect.

Luck is on my side! I got the Str heirloom ring mission on my paladin and got it with a 87% success rate. Right after on the same character I got the Agi heirloom ring mission and I bumped my success rate to 98%. What kind of sucks is that I'm leveling a priest, warlock and mage right now on my Horde server.

Edwardo

Well this sucks. Every time I log out, my key bindings reset. It especially sucked because I kept disconnecting last night. Has this happened to any of you before?

In better news, I've been playing some battlegrounds with my mistweaver monk and I'm starting to kind of get the hang of things. I feel like the hardest part for me right now is getting used to having so many abilities to use and finding good spots on my keyboard to keybind them all.

I got a lvl 3 garrison with my Monk and I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with it. I'll probably look for a guide or something. All I've done is collect the resources next to my keep each day I log in.

ampere

Well this sucks. Every time I log out, my key bindings reset. It especially sucked because I kept disconnecting last night. Has this happened to any of you before?

If you set keybinds or change UI config and then disconnect, your settings are generally not saved. Try changing your binds and then manually logging out and that should save them.

Edwardo

If you set keybinds or change UI config and then disconnect, your settings are generally not saved. Try changing your binds and then manually logging out and that should save them.

Ok cool, that's probably what happened. I'll give it a try tonight after work.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This sums up my experience with my Fury Warrior pretty aptly.
Like many other crit based specs it's heavily dependent on gear, so these problems tend to be most notable at cap with low gear levels. Some amount of downtime isn't really unreasonable in this game, but with Fury if you're not pulling an Enrage it's generally a bad idea to even spend the rage you have, and you can whiff on it multiple times in a row with only Beserker's Rage to save you as a hard cooldown you can rely on. Rampage can fill this role moving forward because the damage on it isn't reliant on enrage.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I was just thinking about how this time last year WoD raiding was in full swing, and then how quickly I soured on it and the expansion in general. I need them legions to get the wow juices flowing again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Am I understanding this right that the Legion Artifact weapons will be unique to each specs? Because I looked at some of them yesterday, and I prefer the look of the Arcane Mages staves than the Frost Mages ones, yet I prefer playing Frost.

dimb

Am I understanding this right that the Legion Artifact weapons will be unique to each specs? Because I looked at some of them yesterday, and I prefer the look of the Arcane Mages staves than the Frost Mages ones, yet I prefer playing Frost.
Yes. Artifact weapons have unique passive and active abilities on a spec by spec basis. Each of these weapons has its own talent tree to enhance the abilities utilized by that specialization. Building out these weapon talent trees is one of the core mechanics to powering up in Legion. They are designed to be unique from one another, and as a result they cannot be transmogged to look like other artifacts. You can swap their appearance to that of older weapons.

In case you missed this: http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-calc

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ok thanks. And we're pretty much going to use that weapon during all the expansion right? So no blue or epic weapon drops from quest, dungeons and raids?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Although it would be nice to have weapon drops from dungeons/raids for the sake of getting more transmog skins for the artifacts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to get Shaman into beta so my main switching decision can be made more easily.

Or they just need to go into beta and give me access to find out myself

dimb

Although it would be nice to have weapon drops from dungeons/raids for the sake of getting more transmog skins for the artifacts.
It'd be cool to see more artifact appearance options unlock from new raid dungeons after Legion is released.

ampere

Ok thanks. And we're pretty much going to use that weapon during all the expansion right? So no blue or epic weapon drops from quest, dungeons and raids?

There still are "weapon drops" in the form of relics that you socket into your artifacts to buff the ilevel, but not the appearance. It looks like all of the appearance changes will be unlocked certain ways other than boss drops, though it's possible a certain boss or raid could help unlock a special appearance (but I don't know that this is planned)

So the age old question...

Master one class or be an altoholic? I feel like alcoholism is a disease I can't get away from and feel I'd be pushing limits and being a better player if I just played one class

JSoup

Banned
wow that drama about a 60 boxer reporting the same guy and that guy getting permabanned. Eve if Blizzard auotmated permabanning somehow I can't help but think Blizzard got this all wrong and the sellout is in effect.

It's not surprising, really. If you use certain key words in your complain, blues will dole out punishments without fact checking. I knew a guy who would abuse the report feature to get back at anyone who mildly annoyed him.

Granadier

There still are "weapon drops" in the form of relics that you socket into your artifacts to buff the ilevel, but not the appearance. It looks like all of the appearance changes will be unlocked certain ways other than boss drops, though it's possible a certain boss or raid could help unlock a special appearance (but I don't know that this is planned)

Right, but it would still be nice if there were other actual new items for mogging rather than 5 models + colors.

Master one class or be an altoholic? I feel like alcoholism is a disease I can't get away from and feel I'd be pushing limits and being a better player if I just played one class

Bro, there are support groups for you.

ZenaxPure

Well def don't do that.

But for what characters you should play, just do whatever makes you happy man. It's your time and you should spend it doing whatever the heck you want.

Well I thought it over and want to be just one class and master that.

I want to focus mostly on pvp. I've played tank/heal/dps and enjoy all.

What is the easiest class to master?

ampere

Right, but it would still be nice if there were other actual new items for mogging rather than 5 models + colors.

I gotcha. 5 models per spec is actually a shitload of weapon models overall, even though you only have access to 5 per spec. Think about how often times in a tier there are maybe 3 2 handers for all strength melee, so maybe 6 - 9 over an expac, vs 5 for Fury, 5 for Arms, 5 for Unholy, 5 for Blood, 5 for Ret... etc so 25 or so total

So it's just a trade off for having class specific weapons

Granadier

I gotcha. 5 models per spec is actually a shitload of weapon models overall, even though you only have access to 5 per spec. Think about how often times in a tier there are maybe 3 2 handers for all strength melee, so maybe 6 - 9 over an expac, vs 5 for Fury, 5 for Arms, 5 for Unholy, 5 for Blood, 5 for Ret... etc so 25 or so total

So it's just a trade off for having class specific weapons

You know, I take back my previous comment about the lack of weapon skins because this is a very good point. There are ~170 different models for the artifacts, and almost all models have <3 color variations. That's a lot more that what we've gotten before.

So yeah, complaint redacted.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some artifacts skins lack in variety compared to others though. Like hte WW artifacts look crazy different between each other, but the Shadow Priest ones all look fairly same-y

Entropia

No One Remembers
Apparently this is the 'big drama' on the WoW forums atm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXAVmU54PSk&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Bobreezy

Some multi boxer got killed because an Alliance put the wand of lightning shield on a Horde guy who ran in to where this multi boxer was (where an Alliance couldn't go) and he wiped him. The multi boxer through the 60 characters/account he was running reported the Alliance guy and he got banned presumably because of some sort of red flag that gets thrown up when you get reported that many times.

New info: https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/676852481989541888 Lore saying the person violated the TOS

Granadier

Extreme multiboxers are a cancer.

Agreed. This is on my home server of ED as well.
Watching his characters get destroyed while he's going on his elitist rant about multi-boxing was sooooo satisfying though.

ampere

Apparently this is the 'big drama' on the WoW forums atm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXAVmU54PSk&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Bobreezy

Some multi boxer got killed because an Alliance put the wand of lightning shield on a Horde guy who ran in to where this multi boxer was (where an Alliance couldn't go) and he wiped him. The multi boxer through the 60 characters/account he was running reported the Alliance guy and he got banned presumably because of some sort of red flag that gets thrown up when you get reported that many times.

New info: https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/676852481989541888 Lore saying the person violated the TOS

Supposedly the guy who got banned was using honorbuddy

But multiboxing 60 characters... lol. That is some weak and nutzo shit

Tenebrous

"Multiboxing takes so much skill."
Proceeds to lose 1v60.

Exploit or not, that is still kinda funny.

What is the point of multi-boxing 60 of the same character. Level up an account just so you can sell it? Be able to "solo" any content in the game?

Fishy that he was only banned after the multi-boxer reported him.

I long for the day that multi-boxing is shutdown.

People have been longing for that since TBC. Ain't gonna happen you just gotta deal with it. One day there will be exactly 120 subs left in WoW and two people playing all of them.

strafer

7546.jpg

I'm betting it's going to be like Onyxias Lair and drop a mount.

Please be a Deathwing model mount.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

zugzug

Every single command issued to every single character is done by a player. There is no automation of any kind, and so it's not botting at all.

Yeah, I'ma disagree with you. If you are using a program to send the same exact command to 59 other chracters you have logged in at same time. Sure seems like automation to me.

Just like having all 60 of your multiboxer accounts sending in the same complaint against 1 person is just wrong.

Lore is such a sellout on twitter. Toeing that company line of bullshit. Suddenly this guy gets a ban for using honorbuddy a completely unrelated event not attached to the drama at hand. Do we have a confirmed banwave. Since they have said forever they ban in waves.

Tenebrous

Yeah, I'ma disagree with you. If you are using a program to send the same exact command to 59 other chracters you have logged in at same time. Sure seems like automation to me.

*Snip* having all 60 of your multiboxer accounts sending in the same complaint against 1 person is just wrong.

I agree with the bolded.

If I plug my guitar into an amp & play a chord, there's no automation. If I plug my guitar into a splitbox into X number of amps & play a chord, there's still no automation. Everything that comes out of those speakers is something I control and input, and that's the same with this guy.

ampere

Lore is such a sellout on twitter. Toeing that company line of bullshit. Suddenly this guy gets a ban for using honorbuddy a completely unrelated event not attached to the drama at hand. Do we have a confirmed banwave. Since they have said forever they ban in waves.

CM_Lore is his work account, he's literally posting as the voice of the company. Kinda silly to rip on him for that

Yea I get what you are saying about the wave bit. Wouldn't make sense for an individual honorbuddy ban if that was the cause of the ban. Could be another ToS violation, they do individual bans for certain things (or Blizz could be lying, idk)

Top Bottom