• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Gold farmers and botters provide sub money as well, doesn't mean it should be permitted.

Yeah, I removed that quote/reply from my post because it came off as me condoning what they were doing. I was more trying to make a stupid snarky comment that Blizz doesn't care because money.

CM_Lore is his work account, he's literally posting as the voice of the company. Kinda silly to rip on him for that

Yea I get what you are saying about the wave bit. Wouldn't make sense for an individual honorbuddy ban if that was the cause of the ban. Could be another ToS violation, they do individual bans for certain things (or Blizz could be lying, idk)

Super weird that the dude got banned mere hours after he wiped Prepared. Like you said, if it was botting violation they wait on those to ban em all at once. Otherwise the bots just adapt and they lose them.

Tenebrous

They have, but I've already everything at 100 (some classic multiple times), so I just want a limited boost so I can make a twink. They'd make decent money selling level 60/70/80/90 boosts for £5/10 less per level drop.

Eh. Multi-boxing WoW would be pretty much impossible without input broadcasting. It's too fast a game compared to EVE where multi-boxing is still viable without it. They play way differently too - in WoW you couldn't realistically play two characters at once without broadcasting. Versus EVE where at the lowest level there's value having scout characters, market characters in different hubs, etc. You don't necessarily have to be actively flying both into combat. In WoW there's no real equivalent purpose that would have value.

JSoup

Banned
Some multi boxer got killed because an Alliance put the wand of lightning shield on a Horde guy who ran in to where this multi boxer was (where an Alliance couldn't go) and he wiped him. The multi boxer through the 60 characters/account he was running reported the Alliance guy and he got banned presumably because of some sort of red flag that gets thrown up when you get reported that many times.

I looked up the item and watched the video, but I'm still not clear on one point. Multiboxer didn't accept a PvP thing, yeah? Then why did the wand wipe him on a Horde character, who wouldn't normally be hostile?

Edit: AH, I see. None of the text made it clear that all toons in range means ALL TOONS.

Granadier

looks like this alpha build didn't add any new specs for testing. just a heads up. (from streamer info)

Eh. Multi-boxing WoW would be pretty much impossible without input broadcasting. It's too fast a game compared to EVE where multi-boxing is still viable without it. They play way differently too - in WoW you couldn't realistically play two characters at once without broadcasting. Versus EVE where at the lowest level there's value having scout characters, market characters in different hubs, etc. You don't necessarily have to be actively flying both into combat. In WoW there's no real equivalent purpose that would have value.

I don't see how this makes it any more reasonable to let multi-boxers using input broadcasting.

Back in MoP I got matched with a multiboxer in lfr. He was all disc priests, like 15 of them or so. He was all of the healers and the rest were queued as the dps role, but they were all disc. He just cast smite on things with all of the characters at the same time. His dps was terrible on each priest, but he argued that since all of the healers in the raid were dpsing it averaged out to be good dps. I don't know, but it was one of the slowest and most painful LFR groups I ever joined. He was constantly arguing with people and talking trash and the tanks were dying non-stop because the smite healing wasn't keeping them up. That first SoO boss took forever.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Must be hard keybinding Outbreak/Frost Strike/Obliterate.

That actually seems like too many keybinds for dual-wield Frost. In pvp at least. Nowadays i hardly ever use anything other than Howling Blast in Ashran or bgs. My base unbuffed Mastery is at 65% so my unbuffed Howling Blasts hit for 2k less than my Obliterates. Buffed my Mastery is over 80% so my HBs hit harder than my Oblits. My general strategy in group pvp situations is to take Chilblains talent, spam Howling Blast at center of enemy pack, identify healer to Death Grip and dump Frost Strikes and HBs on them until dead. ive even played around with Shifting Presence glyph so i can stay in Unholy Presence to get more HBs off on the group and then switch to Frost Presence to focus the gripped healers.

Granadier

Oh gotcha. So it's Howling Blast/Frost Strike/Death Grip that need to be bound.
That simplifies things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of ability bloat

I didn't see Unleash Elements on the Enh Shaman preview. But I didn't see lightning bolt on there either. Are we finally rid of that god awful, clunky Unleash Elements ability that managed to get even clunkier in WOD?
Oh gotcha. So it's Howling Blast/Frost Strike/Death Grip that need to be bound.
That simplifies things.

tRp4KHS.jpg

Granadier

I didn't see Unleash Elements on the Enh Shaman preview. But I didn't see lightning bolt on there either. Are we finally rid of that god awful, clunky Unleash Elements ability that managed to get even clunkier in WOD?

tRp4KHS.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!

RBYKSN0.gif

Lomax

Not bought a character boost before, but I'd be damn tempted if they still offered a level 90 boost (I wanna make a 91/99 twink).

If you buy WoD you still get a 90 boost. So you could do a new account for $17.50 right now and get the boost you wanted and then you could do a character transfer to your old account (as long as the new account is on your same battle.net account). A bit of a hassle, but net cost would still be less than a normal boost.

I was thinking about it, and I think that if you're not already F2P it might actually be a good investment to boost an extra 100 just for the purpose of getting gold for tokens.

There are 9 months left until Legion. Tokens are about 35,000 gold on NA. A month's subscription is $15 and a character boost is $60.

So in the next 9 months (not making any assumptions about gold income in legion) you would need to make 140,000 gold on your boosted character for it to be worth the boost. I think it's pretty safe to say that with minimal effort you can make 7k gold per week on a level 100 character just doing garrison missions and kazzak. Maybe in the first couple weeks you would need to do Firelands, too, in order to make up for the fact that you don't have enough followers.

So that's about 28k per month. In 9 months you could easily make 252,000 gold from your boosted 100, which is about 7 months of tokens or $105 saved in subscription fees. Seems like a good deal to me, but only if you're not already F2P and the extra 100 makes the difference.

The caveat is that you have to log in about twice a day, every day, to refresh your garrison missions and also spend an extra 20 minutes every week to do Kazzak. Also the initial cost of getting your garrison to gold-farming mode would set you back a couple hours and a few thousand gold initially.

Tenebrous

If you buy WoD you still get a 90 boost. So you could do a new account for $17.50 right now and get the boost you wanted and then you could do a character transfer to your old account (as long as the new account is on your same battle.net account). A bit of a hassle, but net cost would still be less than a normal boost.

Not a terrible idea, actually. Might be something to keep in mind - Thanks!

Any news on where this Winter Veil mount is obtained from? I hope it's a daily boss, because I'll farm the shit outta it.

Granadier

I was thinking about it, and I think that if you're not already F2P it might actually be a good investment to boost an extra 100 just for the purpose of getting gold for tokens.

There are 9 months left until Legion. Tokens are about 35,000 gold on NA. A month's subscription is $15 and a character boost is $60.

So in the next 9 months (not making any assumptions about gold income in legion) you would need to make 140,000 gold on your boosted character for it to be worth the boost. I think it's pretty safe to say that with minimal effort you can make 7k gold per week on a level 100 character just doing garrison missions and kazzak. Maybe in the first couple weeks you would need to do Firelands, too, in order to make up for the fact that you don't have enough followers.

So that's about 28k per month. In 9 months you could easily make 252,000 gold from your boosted 100, which is about 7 months of tokens or $105 saved in subscription fees. Seems like a good deal to me, but only if you're not already F2P and the extra 100 makes the difference.

The caveat is that you have to log in about twice a day, every day, to refresh your garrison missions and also spend an extra 20 minutes every week to do Kazzak. Also the initial cost of getting your garrison to gold-farming mode would set you back a couple hours and a few thousand gold initially.

Here I am at 6k gold net worth thinking...what the fuck.

Tenebrous

Here I am at 6k gold net worth thinking...what the fuck.

7k gold per week, per character, just from soloing DS/Firelands/BoT/BWD 25HC. A boosted toon could pretty much break even in the US on the cost of a token just by doing that.

Would need to boost a lot more in EU for that to be profitable, though!

Granadier

7k gold per week, per character, just from soloing DS/Firelands/BoT/BWD 25HC. A boosted toon could pretty much break even in the US on the cost of a token just by doing that.

Would need to boost a lot more in EU for that to be profitable, though!

Shit, I need to start doing this. I have a single 100 (Warlock) so it won't be crazy, but that's a fuck ton better then the couple hundred I've been making in my garrison so far.

Lomax

Is this potentially a new player? Because a new player with a boosted character definitely couldn't do this "with minimal effort." I just picked up WoD a couple weeks ago and I think you may have forgotten how long it actually took to get things set up in your garrison initially, plus it takes a ton of gold, so you'd probably need to get gold with a token to start with as well. In addition, a new player won't be clearing 25 man heroic Firelands any time soon, it does still take a certain level of competence, and the other versions give a fraction of the gold. Unless you're talking about someone potentially doing this as a secondary income with an additional account. It's still a lot of money and effort up front compared to the potential benefit. I bought WoD partially in hopes of easier gold for tokens, but thus far it has been a money pit compared to when I was just playing with MoP.

If you're new, boosting a toon just makes you hit different walls faster. Instead of being low level being your main impediment, now you lack resources for everything and you need so many things. The higher flying license tiers, bags, gold, more bags, gold and more gold for your garrison. At least with a high or max level toon you can start doing weekly runs of legacy raids for gold and trash to sell for more gold.

Is this potentially a new player? Because a new player with a boosted character definitely couldn't do this "with minimal effort." I just picked up WoD a couple weeks ago and I think you may have forgotten how long it actually took to get things set up in your garrison initially, plus it takes a ton of gold, so you'd probably need to get gold with a token to start with as well. In addition, a new player won't be clearing 25 man heroic Firelands any time soon, it does still take a certain level of competence, and the other versions give a fraction of the gold. Unless you're talking about someone potentially doing this as a secondary income with an additional account. It's still a lot of money and effort up front compared to the potential benefit. I bought WoD partially in hopes of easier gold for tokens, but thus far it has been a money pit compared to when I was just playing with MoP.

I was imagining someone who already had a 100 but wasn't able to afford f2p quite yet. So, someone who understands the game fairly well but just needs another firelands reset and garrison.

100 boosts starts you off with 640 items which is plenty to do firelands heroic. I did it with my moonkin immediately after using my Legion boost. Yeah, you have to be sneaky to do shannox but the other fights are pretty simple. If you lack dps you might need to spend a few hours in ashran for the easy 700s but if you boosted a pet class or a tank class you would have 0 issues.

Also it really doesn't take much gold to get your garrison up to speed for the single purpose of farming gold. You start with a level 3 garrison and then you just need to level up your inn and salvage yard and get followers.

I don't know how you can call WoD a money pit. Like I said, this expansion has given me millions of gold and I barely play.

ZenaxPure

I don't know how you can call WoD a money pit. Like I said, this expansion has given me millions of gold and I barely play.

I think it really depends on how you made gold in the past. The insane gold generation in WoD is really only truly insane if you are someone with a bunch of alts. If I only had 1 character I was doing stuff on I'd say my gold generation would probably be pretty similar to what it was during MoP as well.

Mythic Archimonde down, woo!

Missed realm first by like an hour too! Had a 2% wipe that could have been it :x

We're only a 2x4hr guild so I think we did a pretty good job.

Grats, very nice.

I definitely feel like my team could be at least a boss or two up if we were 2x 4 hours instead of 2x 3 hours. Or even 2x 3.5 hours. But the raid leader has been pretty stringent on times, even though I've brought it up before. But it's not an issue that's driving enough that I'd change teams/guilds for.

Robin64

So you want the new mount, Minion of Grumpus? TURN OFF AUTOLOOT. The mount drops from the Savage Gift you can purchase after doing some dailies, but is super rare. However, if you only open the box and take nothing out, you can get a refund and buy another. Thus you can just keep looking inside new boxes until you get the mount. Enjoy!

erawsd

Yeah UE is gone but LB is still there strictly as something to fire off at a distance. The way things are looking, Enh is getting a pretty massive overhaul. On one hand Im worried theyve ruined it, but on the other I do like that almost everything is exclusive to it.

I kinda figured hunters would be the ones to get a Warden themed tier instead of

whatever this is

Its suppose to be inspired by Sylvanas.

So you want the new mount, Minion of Grumpus? TURN OFF AUTOLOOT. The mount drops from the Savage Gift you can purchase after doing some dailies, but is super rare. However, if you only open the box and take nothing out, you can get a refund and buy another. Thus you can just keep looking inside new boxes until you get the mount. Enjoy!

Ooo.. thanks for the tip, gonna do this before they hotfix it.

Daniel R

Yeah UE is gone but LB is still there strictly as something to fire off at a distance. The way things are looking, Enh is getting a pretty massive overhaul. On one hand Im worried theyve ruined it, but on the other I do like that almost everything is exclusive to it.

Its suppose to be inspired by Sylvanas.

Ooo.. thanks for the tip, gonna do this before they hotfix it.

Knowing my luck this will be hot-fixed before I get home from work.

Lomax

I was imagining someone who already had a 100 but wasn't able to afford f2p quite yet. So, someone who understands the game fairly well but just needs another firelands reset and garrison.

100 boosts starts you off with 640 items which is plenty to do firelands heroic. I did it with my moonkin immediately after using my Legion boost. Yeah, you have to be sneaky to do shannox but the other fights are pretty simple. If you lack dps you might need to spend a few hours in ashran for the easy 700s but if you boosted a pet class or a tank class you would have 0 issues.

Also it really doesn't take much gold to get your garrison up to speed for the single purpose of farming gold. You start with a level 3 garrison and then you just need to level up your inn and salvage yard and get followers.

I just mean in the beginning it has been, getting my garrison up to speed. I know it will be profitable long term. I didn't know the boost came with it already largely done though. I guess I could see what you're saying working for those people, but for me part of the appeal of the token is spending no money at all, which is doable (at least on NA realms) without extreme effort, even in just MoP content.

ampere

Grats, very nice.

I definitely feel like my team could be at least a boss or two up if we were 2x 4 hours instead of 2x 3 hours. Or even 2x 3.5 hours. But the raid leader has been pretty stringent on times, even though I've brought it up before. But it's not an issue that's driving enough that I'd change teams/guilds for.

Thanks! Yea 2x4 is probably a good sweet spot in terms of relaxed schedule, but enough time to actually get stuff down. We waste a lot of time too sadly. Would be great if we could optimize time between pulls and get things even better

Grats man!! :D

Thanks!

Tenebrous

I was expecting it would be decorated or something. Tinsel on it, that sort of thing. As it is, it's pretty crap.

I was hoping for Christmas lights around the horns. But nope, just a recolour, locked behind some terrible quests, locked behind a Level 3 Garrison.

Top Bottom