• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

Grats. I think I would have tried to sell it considering how high it's being listed atm. Not sure if people are biting though

CWZtwq7U8AALj5l.jpg:large

uNhr4gS.png

giphy.gif

If I get one of those things I'll probably try to sell it if the price remains over 100k. Same model as the CM mount, and I can buy CMs from my guild for like 80k whenever.

Might even consider leveling some more characters in the next couple days to have more chances.

Especially if they still go for like 200k+. Rather have ~6 months of game time than a mount that isn't that amazingly cool to me.

By the way, I did get that new Frost enchant illusion or whatever on my warlock. Hoping to get the Ragnaros one. Apparently both will be in the wardrobe system in Legion, so account-wide.

Also got that sepia-toned toy - lorewalker's map or whatever.

ZenaxPure

I'm not sure how this is surprising to anyone, they confirmed class hall followers/missions at gamescom when they first announced the xpac.

Personally I'm glad they are sticking with it trying to improve the system. Getting really tired of them ripping stuff out of the game because some shitbags on the internet complain about it. Hopefully learned their lesson about that with Warlords and their removal of most features from the game followed by record shattering sub losses.

Robin64

So do any of the decorations this time do something extra? Like how the spiders gave us the rare mob to fight at Hallow's End.

So is Garrosh's change of character a thing you witness or is that external lore? There's a sizable leap from the mewling whinger in Outland's Nagrand and the Garrosh you meet in Northrend.

Robin64

Garrosh's character is all over the place.

But anyway, what you're missing between TBC and WotLK is a pre-expansion event where Garrosh requests to be sent to Northrend to take care of the Scourge once and for all. Thrall says no, so Garrosh challenges Thrall to a fight to the death. As they are fighting, and Garrosh seems to be the one that will emerge victorious, the Scourge attack Orgrimmar. Once the Scourge are dealt with, Thrall is then all "okay you can go to Northrend"

CassSept

Garrosh changed after a pretty cool horde-only chain in TBC Nagrand that has now been removed. It culminated with Thrall visiting Nagrand (which was announced zone-wide) and ultimately showing Garrosh that Grom did not doom the orcs, as he believed, but sacrificed himself killing Mannoroth. This made Garrosh believe in himself or whatever. You can probably find it on youtube.

It's a shame they removed stuff like that.

The quest chain leading up to the part where you're supposed to go to Azeroth and fetch Thrall is still in, only he's already sitting in front of Greatmother Greya so it instantly completes.

Tenebrous

Garrosh changed after a pretty cool horde-only chain in TBC Nagrand that has now been removed. It culminated with Thrall visiting Nagrand (which was announced zone-wide) and ultimately showing Garrosh that Grom did not doom the orcs, as he believed, but sacrificed himself killing Mannoroth. This made Garrosh believe in himself or whatever. You can probably find it on youtube.

Why the hell did they remove that?!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
To be fair they said that the UI is placeholder and that the finished product will be far different from the trash that is current garrison/shipyard missions.

But they've also said a lot of things.

I would bet all of the money that I will make in my lifetime that there will not be a 5 copper garrison mission from the class halls in Legion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'll take that bet. Because I bet there will be now as a gag reference to this.

I was thinking of that as I made that post, lol. They would leave it in as a sort of intentional "this is how class missions work garrisons are great right lulz" thing. So meta.

Tacitus_

So much for more meaningful missions. I was expecting a tad more than "you get to order a few known NPCs around instead of a bunch of unknowns"

StMeph

I would bet all of the money that I will make in my lifetime that there will not be a 5 copper garrison mission from the class halls in Legion.

Yeah... I want in on this bet. If we can get just a rock from the current Garrison, keeping a 5c mission reward just for a joke is absolutely within reason.

RIPIP Captain Placeholder.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm not sure how to feel about them doubling down on the follower mission stuff. I thought they said that these people in our class halls would be sending us on missions...

Daniel R

Awhile back Wowhead posted something about that mount and pet being added to the store at some point. I'll look for the link and edit this post to include it once I've found it.

Edit: Can't seem to find a link but I know I read it on Wowhead some time last month, lol.

You seem to have misunderstood me. I did not ask for more information about it.
I was informing everyone that the mount and pet from the WOD digital deluxe are there to buy as a separate upgrade package in the wow store at battle.net.
It does not appear to be available in the in-game shop.

I had personally skipped the deluxe version of WOD but had since started collecting mounts so this was an opportunity for me personally.

Anoregon

I'm not sure how to feel about them doubling down on the follower mission stuff. I thought they said that these people in our class halls would be sending us on missions...

Honestly I wouldn't be too concerned about any of the class hall follower/mission stuff you currently see. It's pretty clearly just placeholder stuff using existing garrison missions as a template, it is definitely going to change throughout the beta.

Anoregon

As long as I can continue to make a shit load of gold each week from garrison missions then I'm fine with this.

I wouldn't expect that, either. I fully expect some kind of nerf with 7.0 in order to prevent people from still feeling compelled to make multiple daily Draenor trips in order to have a solid gold income. Which I am totally for, because the alternative is to still keep having to fucking do garrison shit after Legion launches, and fuck that.

I wouldn't expect that, either. I fully expect some kind of nerf with 7.0 in order to prevent people from still feeling compelled to make multiple daily Draenor trips in order to have a solid gold income. Which I am totally for, because the alternative is to still keep having to fucking do garrison shit after Legion launches, and fuck that.
Why you gotta be a killer of dreams?

Anoregon

Why you gotta be a killer of dreams?

Because if your dream involves continuing to spend time in your garrison once Legion launches it is an absolute shit dream that needs to be destroyed.

Really digging all of these PVP changes that are coming. Seems like the first total overhaul of the system from the ground up. Even how stats work in PVP look dope.

Exciting stuff.

Also, Trailer Park Boys in the WoW thread?! DEEEECENT.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I was thinking of that as I made that post, lol. They would leave it in as a sort of intentional "this is how class missions work garrisons are great right lulz" thing. So meta.

It'll be the first mission to transition players from the garrison to the class hall missions. It'll be salty too.

"Hey boss! We've heard reports that a certain settlement in Draenor was receiving an unusual amount of complaints. Go talk to this person to get more information about it, and see if you can get to the bottom of things."
- Rewards 5c

Anoregon

Really digging all of these PVP changes that are coming. Seems like the first total overhaul of the system from the ground up. Even how stats work in PVP look dope.

Exciting stuff.

Also, Trailer Park Boys in the WoW thread?! DEEEECENT.

PvP balance isn't rocket appliances, stormy.

JSoup

Banned
Garrosh's character is all over the place.

But anyway, what you're missing between TBC and WotLK is a pre-expansion event where Garrosh requests to be sent to Northrend to take care of the Scourge once and for all. Thrall says no, so Garrosh challenges Thrall to a fight to the death. As they are fighting, and Garrosh seems to be the one that will emerge victorious, the Scourge attack Orgrimmar. Once the Scourge are dealt with, Thrall is then all "okay you can go to Northrend"

There were also several single panel 'see what's there' events in the comics showing that Garrosh challenging Thrall to an arena fight over some petty slight or another was a near weekly thing up till the Scourge attack.

Lomax

My guess is the biggest garrison "nerf" will be killing the garrison hearthstone. Just being inconvenient is a big enough thing to remove it from most people's normal use. After all, you can still pretty easily make 400+ gold a day running your pandaria farm, but how many people do that?

You seem to have misunderstood me. I did not ask for more information about it.
I was informing everyone that the mount and pet from the WOD digital deluxe are there to buy as a separate upgrade package in the wow store at battle.net.
It does not appear to be available in the in-game shop.

I had personally skipped the deluxe version of WOD but had since started collecting mounts so this was an opportunity for me personally.

Oh, I'm sorry. I definitely misunderstood you, haha.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My guess is the biggest garrison "nerf" will be killing the garrison hearthstone. Just being inconvenient is a big enough thing to remove it from most people's normal use. After all, you can still pretty easily make 400+ gold a day running your pandaria farm, but how many people do that?
Easiest way to make it inconvenient would be to nerf missions that yield garrison resources.

ampere

What are you doing to make gold off the farm, selling old reagents?

The farm doesn't directly produce gold the way the garrison does, unless I'm mistaken.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why would Blizzard even nerf the garrisons. It's not you have to put any effort into them (other than sending followers into missions), like soloing old raids for easy gold. It's working as intended right now. Whether it's current or outdated content, I don't see any reason to nerf them.

Anoregon

Why would Blizzard even nerf the garrisons.

It's not you have to put any effort into them (other than sending followers into missions)

You answered your own question. The effortless gold gets a pass in WoD because garrisons are themselves so integrated into the rest of the the expansion. They won't be in Legion, so having them exist entirely just as an essentially required source of gold generation would be a pretty unhealthy precedent.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You answered your own question. The effortless gold gets a pass in WoD because garrisons are themselves so integrated into the rest of the the expansion. They won't be in Legion, so having them exist entirely just as an essentially required source of gold generation would be a pretty unhealthy precedent.

True, but if they do nerf them, I hope they will include another way to easily generate gold in Legion. I want to keep being able to pay 35-37k WoW tokens without needing to do ridiculous farming or playing the AH.

Panthers

True, but if they do nerf them, I hope they will include another way to easily generate gold in Legion. I want to keep being able to pay 35-37k WoW tokens without needing to do ridiculous farming or playing the AH.

I wouldn't expect it. But if gold becomes harder to farm, prices should come down. Gold right now is just unbelievably easy to farm right now. I remember when 10k gold was a lot. Now it's nothing.

ZenaxPure

Buy more than 1 month at a time. Right now is an amazing time to just farm a ton of gold and stock up on tokens if you really care about not paying real cash for your account. Buying just 1 token a week (which really isn't that hard to do) you can easily add a few years to your game time before Legion comes out.

Top Bottom