• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Already down to 80k on my AH. I'd buy it if it wasn't so horrible...

Speaking of which, I'm going to do the WoD boost/transfer method recommended a page or two back (sorry, I forgot the posters name already). Warlock, Balance Druid, or Shadow Priest? 91-99 bracket... 91 druids can do this.

Thanks! Yea 2x4 is probably a good sweet spot in terms of relaxed schedule, but enough time to actually get stuff down. We waste a lot of time too sadly. Would be great if we could optimize time between pulls and get things even better

You raid weekdays right? I might have to consider joining you in Legion as a second team :p

Oh and heads up, Winter Veil starts today. Don't get gouged on the AH - farm small eggs in Eversong Woods off the dragonhawks.

Is this potentially a new player? Because a new player with a boosted character definitely couldn't do this "with minimal effort." I just picked up WoD a couple weeks ago and I think you may have forgotten how long it actually took to get things set up in your garrison initially, plus it takes a ton of gold, so you'd probably need to get gold with a token to start with as well. In addition, a new player won't be clearing 25 man heroic Firelands any time soon, it does still take a certain level of competence, and the other versions give a fraction of the gold. Unless you're talking about someone potentially doing this as a secondary income with an additional account. It's still a lot of money and effort up front compared to the potential benefit. I bought WoD partially in hopes of easier gold for tokens, but thus far it has been a money pit compared to when I was just playing with MoP.

To get a the flow going really well, it would probably take 6-8 weeks playing conservatively. But, it is totally worth it. I have five 100s. I havent stepped out of my garrison since june, or so. Since Oct 13th, Ive made over 200k gold from garrison and naval missions. Ive made close to another 200k selling stuff on the AH that i get from missions (rep token, honor token, ogre cache, exp potion, savage blood, ect). Draenic dust goes for 400-800g per stack on my server and I have 30 stacks sitting for when the price gets higher. I buy the dust with extra resources.

I hope garrisons stay this lucrative once Legions comes. Its nice not paying for myself, or the wife.

Robin64

The Smokywoods Pastures gift you can get from a daily can contain a new winter illusion enchant for weapons but can also contain the illusion enchant from the Ragnaros 10th Anniversary event.

Kuntz

I hope the quest where you have to use an item to destroy presents has been hotfixed too because it's as bad as the nightmare that was the garrison building tree tagging quest from the start of wod. 40 people for 5 presents that respawn every minute. Genius.

Robin64

Holy shit I think this might be the worst set of dailies ever designed. The area they take place in is SO FUCKING TINY and the spawn rates on the gifts to bomb is ludicrously slow.

Tenebrous

Holy shit I think this might be the worst set of dailies ever designed. The area they take place in is SO FUCKING TINY and the spawn rates on the gifts to bomb is ludicrously slow.

It's hilarious. 11 years of World of Warcraft, and more than 20 years of making games, yet someone thought this was a good idea.

Amazing.

ZenaxPure

I imagine the bomb thing will be hotfixed soon. Spawn rate doesn't seem influenced by how many people are in the area. Rest of the quests were fine even on a high pop server.

Daniel R

It is possible to buy the Deluxe edition items for Warlords of Draenor as a separate package (again) Mount + Pet and other stuff. $20 or 15 euros.

Zelias

Banned
Yeah, the presents quest is terrible. I just did it by joining a party on a low-pop realm as there's no way I was doing it solo on mine.

It is possible to buy the Deluxe edition items for Warlords of Draenor as a separate package (again) Mount + Pet and other stuff. $20 or 15 euros.

Awhile back Wowhead posted something about that mount and pet being added to the store at some point. I'll look for the link and edit this post to include it once I've found it.

Edit: Can't seem to find a link but I know I read it on Wowhead some time last month, lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just got Star Wars spoiled at Mmo-champion forums. Beware of going there until the idiot has been banned.

Nowhere is safe for Star Wars spoilers. Might as well stay out of forums, youtube comments, or twitter until you see the movie. I'd even suggest turning off all chat channels except guild chat ingame. Even guild chat might be dangerous.

JSoup

Banned
Just got Star Wars spoiled at Mmo-champion forums. Beware of going there until the idiot has been banned.

Can't be any worse that the official commercials that has pretty much already shown off all the key points and major spoilers. :/

Robin64

As someone who hates trying to get into PvP late, I welcome the PvP changes. Sounds like a good system overall to me, especially the PvP exclusive talents.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just now realized that all of the store stuff is 50% off. (except Mystic Runesaber/Brightpaw and services).

Hot damn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All the new features, the new class, the new animations, the artifact system, etc make me really not want to play live.

Daniel R

Savage gift bag results so far:

1/4 - > Medallion of the legion
2/4 - > Frozen arms of a hero
3/4 -> 300 garrison resources
4/4 -> Frozen arms of a hero

Robin64

7sKEgSl.png

"How did we not see this coming?"

I will actually play PVP actively in Legion with those changes, so Allies will have a new Horde player to dunk on. There will be dozens of us, dozens!

I just want the Belf battle chicken.

empyrean

As a noob (i have a lv 52 mage) i have my character on a realm which is described as 'for new players' - which after some googling now looks like it means 'very low population', does this matter too much? should i look to transfer/re-roll on somewhere like argent dawn which has a high population?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
As a noob (i have a lv 52 mage) i have my character on a realm which is described as 'for new players' - which after some googling now looks like it means 'very low population', does this matter too much? should i look to transfer/re-roll on somewhere like argent dawn which has a high population?

It's fine for now I would say. If you are looking to raid or have friends elsewhere then I would consider transferring, but not if you are leveling

ZenaxPure

Think the present hotfix is in the wild maybe. Just went to do the quests on an alt and the moment I bombed the unusual gifts they immediately respawned. Finished it in like 30 seconds.

Stick with the mage, buy and upgrade heirlooms from the Darkmoon Fair or through PVP and/or Guild vendors. If you end up wanting to raid and find another server in your timezone, it will be easy to re-roll a new toon and level up quickly. Or you can pay the fee to move your toon.

_DrMario_

Noob question: Can I keep a daily in my quest log and complete over a couple days?

Fuck Unseen Influence. And fuck the grind to get flying in Draenor. I'm struggling so hard to stay awake while doing these extremely boring dailies.

Robin64

Noob question: Can I keep a daily in my quest log and complete over a couple days?

Fuck Unseen Influence. And fuck the grind to get flying in Draenor. I'm struggling so hard to stay awake while doing these extremely boring dailies.

You can, though keep in mind you won't get a new one on the day you complete it.

CM Teleport to Scarlet Monastary is the fastest way to get to Hillsbrad by the way. Acherus port if you're a DK is about the second fastest if you don't have a port to Undercity. If you're otherwise Alliance, you're kinda boned.

Has anyone seen the Minion of Grumpus mount for sale on the Auction House yet? Wondering how much it will cost by the end of this event.

Current price (and someone in my guild actually sold one for) about 250k. Though it might be dropping fast, especially if people bark in trade and devalue it quickly with undercuts.

Current price (and someone in my guild actually sold one for) about 250k. Though it might be dropping fast, especially if people bark in trade and devalue it quickly with undercuts.

There's one on my Auction House set at 500K, lol. Hoping it gets really cheap by the end of this so I can buy it, in case it doesn't drop for me. I'm not much into collecting mounts but this is one I really want.

Eklipsis

I've obtained basically ever holiday mount I've tried for so what are The odds of getting this one? Seems real low based off what I read on wowhead

Granadier

Neat.

ED just crashed. Wonder if Prepared or Maleph had anything to do with it.

Godan

Cool. Will wait till after new year and that then to see if any deals come up if not then I will just move my bear tank over to Silvermoon EU.

Granadier

Lore said:
So, here's the thing.

Through various studies (conducted both here at Blizzard and by other companies/groups), and by monitoring player behavior, we've discovered that suspensions are actually more effective than permabans for preventing repeat offenses by the same people.

There's some really interesting sociological hocus pocus behind it, but from what I understand, the TLDR is that if a botter gets permabanned, they'll often just buy a new account and go right back to botting. However, if we only suspend them -- meaning, they'll get their account back later -- they're less likely to buy a new one. Furthermore, once they do get their account back, they're EXTREMELY unlikely to bot again.

I'm not a psychology expert, but there's something about "I'll get this account back later" that leads more of these sorts of people to give up their botting ways than if their accounts had been permanently closed. It's kind of fascinating (at least I find it to be).

Side note: please avoid referencing bot programs directly by name, you're only making it easier for people to find them!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20043676375?page=2#24

Top Bottom