• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Didn't you QQ about Garrisons and how you hated them/they made you quit?

I'm surprised some people tend to remember unimportant posts from nobodies made months ago...

Yes i still think garrisons are crap, but they're the only thing keeping me from playing this game without paying 20$ a month. I would rather make that easy gold doing quests and dungeons only. If i skip garrisons and only focus on 25h Cataclysm raids, heroics & LFR gold rewards + Tanaan dailies + selling enchanting mats & worthless items, I doubt that will be enough.

I resubbed recently because i haven't played since the latest content released, so that give me something new to play, my girlfriend wanted to play again(with me of course), and well... Legion hype and everything.

Buy more than 1 month at a time. Right now is an amazing time to just farm a ton of gold and stock up on tokens if you really care about not paying real cash for your account. Buying just 1 token a week (which really isn't that hard to do) you can easily add a few years to your game time before Legion comes out.

Oh I know, I bought a bunch of WoW tokens back when they got introduced, enough to keep being subscribed until September 2016. Shouldn't have used them all at once though, considering I took a 6 months break. Oh well. At least, it was back when tokens were 20k gold. Hopefully that time will come back.

Robin64

Oof. So the parcel that can drop the Ragnaros illusion enchant from the anniversary event is one time only per character over level 30. Let's hope luck is on my side!

Lomax

What are you doing to make gold off the farm, selling old reagents?

The farm doesn't directly produce gold the way the garrison does, unless I'm mistaken.

Yeah, most of the various veggies are worth 3-5 gold each, just farm and sell. Not as easy or as much gold as missions, but it's still a couple hundred good a day for maybe 5-10 minutes of work. But unless you have level 90 alts still, going out there isn't going to be something most people will do.

Oof. So the parcel that can drop the Ragnaros illusion enchant from the anniversary event is one time only per character over level 30. Let's hope luck is on my side!

Wait really? I have to actually do this now, I assumed it was some daily thing and I never do the holiday daily stuff. One time I can handle though.

Arcayne

Welp, resubbed again with the gf last night after a 9 month break. Was extremely giddy since we've since upgraded our PC rigs and monitors from 1080p to 1440p. Damn, WoW looks good.

ampere

Wait really? I have to actually do this now, I assumed it was some daily thing and I never do the holiday daily stuff. One time I can handle though.

Yeah it's a daily, but the first time you turn it in for the year each toon you get a quest where greatfather winter gives you another box. That is the box that can contain it

Lomax

My showing didn't have it for some reason :/

How was the trailer?

It was the same trailer as from Blizzcon. It looked pretty good on the big screen but no one around me seemed that impressed with it or interested. Honestly seeing it again like that, the plot seems even more cliché and unappealing, and the entire movie seems spoiled by the trailer.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It was the same trailer as from Blizzcon. It looked pretty good on the big screen but no one around me seemed that impressed with it or interested. Honestly seeing it again like that, the plot seems even more cliché and unappealing, and the entire movie seems spoiled by the trailer.

Well I mean...the entire movie plot is pretty much spoiled by the lore. But seeing it created and put into a movie is what makes me so interested in seeing it.

ZenaxPure

Xmas quests are kinda crazy, so much free gold for doing basically nothing. Then again that seems to be the motto of WoD. Hopefully I can unload the mounts before prices drop which I assume will happen by the end of the event.

1NMD4Jo.png

I guess I should give the holiday event a shot then. Getting that mount to sell if the prices maintain their value seems worthwhile.

Also, Outland sucks. Rather the questing is awful, I actually enjoy most of the dungeons and few raids I've played but the questing is awful. Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh, Terrokar, Nagrand, Blade's Edge Mountain, it just hasn't picked up at any point and by now I kinda don't think it ever will. I sorta liked Terrokar, that's it. I'll farm dungeons and raids for rep and mounts but I don't think I will ever bother with questing through The Burning Crusade content again. Can't wait to finish this slog and get Outland Loremaster.

phierce

How was the trailer?

edit: Is it the same one that was released earlier, or was there new content?
Yeah, same one from Blizzcon, but it looked better on the big screen. Seemed like it got pretty positive reaction from the audience.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I guess I should give the holiday event a shot then. Getting that mount to sell if the prices maintain their value seems worthwhile.

Also, Outland sucks. Rather the questing is awful, I actually enjoy most of the dungeons and few raids I've played but the questing is awful. Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh, Terrokar, Nagrand, Blade's Edge Mountain, it just hasn't picked up at any point and by now I kinda don't think it ever will. I sorta liked Terrokar, that's it. I'll farm dungeons and raids for rep and mounts but I don't think I will ever bother with questing through The Burning Crusade content again. Can't wait to finish this slog and get Outland Loremaster.

Yet it was so much better than your average Vanilla quest back then.

Then Northrend came out and the quest standards made Outland look terrible and Vanilla downright awful. Then Cata came out and largely fixed Vanilla (save that you level too fast to fully enjoy it) but Outland was never fixed. If WOD had been a few years earlier they might have fixed the 60-70 content, but after Pandaland that wasn't on the table.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Xmas quests are kinda crazy, so much free gold for doing basically nothing. Then again that seems to be the motto of WoD. Hopefully I can unload the mounts before prices drop which I assume will happen by the end of the event.

1NMD4Jo.png

holy shit, the luck is strong with you

Daniel R

A tip for those of you with many alts.

The items from the winter veil dailies are account bound so you can mail them to a character more in need of resources/oil/apexis crystals.
Note: The character needs to have a lvl 3 garrison to see the vendor.

For some of you it might be a way to funnel apexis crystals to 1 character for buying the 150k apexis mount.

Well the chrismas daily area is great for farming nemesis quests while waiting for Ashran ques. And tons of ungeared alts for quicker kills.

Robin64

Where's that drop from? Metzen the reindeer?

Sort of. It's the Metzen daily, but you get an extra one-time quest the first time you hand it in. It's that extra one-time quest that offers the reward.

I believe you need to be level 30, so no spamming on newbie level 1s, sadly. :\

JSoup

Banned
Sort of. It's the Metzen daily, but you get an extra one-time quest the first time you hand it in. It's that extra one-time quest that offers the reward.

I believe you need to be level 30, so no spamming on newbie level 1s, sadly. :\

If you've got the patience, could just keep making DK's. :D

Yet it was so much better than your average Vanilla quest back then.

Then Northrend came out and the quest standards made Outland look terrible and Vanilla downright awful. Then Cata came out and largely fixed Vanilla (save that you level too fast to fully enjoy it) but Outland was never fixed. If WOD had been a few years earlier they might have fixed the 60-70 content, but after Pandaland that wasn't on the table.

I've played through a good portion of the WotLK content and it feels like that's where modern WoW begins. The questing experience is just so damned good. You really get rewarded for actually clearing everything. Dragonblight was such a pain in the ass to find all of the quests on but Wrathgate made it more than worth it. And there are so many smaller rewards peppered throughout the quests, Arthas keeps showing up like some boogieman.

CassSept

At least TBC didn't have quests that asked you to waste literally an hour of your time to travel half the world, talk to one npc and travel back. Or 1% drop rate quest items. Or chains that went nowhere.

Vanilla questing was a mess. An epic mess at times (shaman totems), but a mess. TBC was a huge improvement as far as questing structure goes.

Zelias

Banned
At least TBC didn't have quests that asked you to waste literally an hour of your time to travel half the world, talk to one npc and travel back. Or 1% drop rate quest items. Or chains that went nowhere.

Vanilla questing was a mess. An epic mess at times (shaman totems), but a mess. TBC was a huge improvement as far as questing structure goes.
Yeah, TBC questing was a vast, vast improvement over vanilla questing. It hasn't really stood the test of time though.

That said, I still quite like Zangarmarsh and Nagrand. Actually, I think I prefer TBC Nagrand to WoD Nagrand, hah.

On an unrelated note, I was wondering about the improved social features the Legion website vaguely hinted at. Did Blizzard ever elaborate on what they might be? I'd love the idea of cross-server communities you could join independent of guilds.

JSoup

Banned
So here's a question for all you xmog fans.
At 1:39 here, what the hell is that staff that toon has equipped? I don't I've ever seen that one before.

ZenaxPure

Or 1% drop rate quest items.

Well maybe not literally 1% but TBC had its share of low drop rate quests, that fucking eel one being the worst ever. Just read through the comments to remember the horror.

It personally took me around an hour to complete that quest at TBC launch. Insanely low drop rate + other people trying to do the quest made it a really unfortunate experience.

On an unrelated note, I was wondering about the improved social features the Legion website vaguely hinted at. Did Blizzard ever elaborate on what they might be? I'd love the idea of cross-server communities you could join independent of guilds.

I don't think they've mentioned anything specifically but since this xpac is just taking a ton of features from Reaper of Souls I assume their community system will make it into the game as well. Never found much use for it in D3 outside of RiF but in WoW it could be a very useful system.

ampere

How was the trailer?

edit: Is it the same one that was released earlier, or was there new content?

Mine didn't either, maybe it was only the Imax or 3D one or something

1NMD4Jo.png

That gold isn't created out of thin air at least, it'd be gold you get from other players

There's still a Nat Pagle quest that has you travelling the Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor for four fishing spots to get a decent fishing pole.

There are also still a few quests in TBC that have bounding back and forth between zones, it starts in Terrokar. The quest sends you to Nagrand and then all around Nagrand before going back to Terrokar. Later in Nagrand there's a quest chain that sends you Terrokar, Zangarmarsh, Blade's Edge Mountain for a single item each and back.

Now I imagine those are nowhere near as bad as they were in vanilla with the old mount speeds, not having flying or old level requirements to even have mounts but they're about as close as I would like to ever get.

Tenebrous

Woop woop! Heirloom ring (int) mission is up... Fingers crossed for a high % chance at completion (clearing the blockade at the moment).

Panthers

Wait, I never do holiday stuff. You can get mounts? Damnit, now I need to look this up and start doing them. Not sure why I dont. I would have my protodrake 6 times over by now.

ZenaxPure

Dang, I didnt realize I was missing so many mounts. Kinda stinks I wont be able to do Mists mounts until I get geared in Legion. I got burnt out grinding firelands and dragon soul. I still really want mimis head.

http://simplearmory.com/#/us/whisperwind/urmagurd/collectable/mounts

Are you not playing currently or?

Mostly ask because you only need modest gear to farm for the Astral Cloud Serpent and the Spawn of Horridon (though the first boss of ToT is not very solo-friendly). And the mounts under rare spawn you don't need any gear at all. The 4 mount bosses from MoP are pretty much killed the second they come back to life (during prime game hours), mostly just need to make sure you are there to poke them when they spawn for a shot at it. I try to do them at least once per week and I don't even need to mess with the group finder to get a kill.

Are you not playing currently or?

Mostly ask because you only need modest gear to farm for the Astral Cloud Serpent and the Spawn of Horridon (though the first boss of ToT is not very solo-friendly). And the mounts under rare spawn you don't need any gear at all. The 4 mount bosses from MoP are pretty much killed the second they come back to life (during prime game hours), mostly just need to make sure you are there to poke them when they spawn for a shot at it. I try to do them at least once per week and I don't even need to mess with the group finder to get a kill.

I tried first raid (4 winds, which ever one is the 2 open areas) on my lock at like 685-690 gear and couldnt get past the first boss. They kept healing each other. I kinda "quit" cause I got burnt out. I only sign in once or twice a day to do my missions.

Top Bottom