• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Tenebrous

i was always using the wowhead profiler but that was clunky as hell. not to mention their site's code is bloated as hell nowadays.

http://simplearmory.com/#/us/ner'zhul/zierkka/collectable/mounts

not a bad spread, but i definitely have a lot of work.

Shouldn't have put my info into this site...

Fuck sake. I could get to 250 so easily with just a few drops and questing... 250 Champion's Seals. NOOO!

Woop woop! Heirloom ring (int) mission is up... Fingers crossed for a high % chance at completion (clearing the blockade at the moment).

Quoting myself, because now I've the agil ring mission up. My twinks are loving this!

First time in Ulduar since level 80. Also maybe the last time?
Bw6VCRf.jpg

_DrMario_

Doing the grumpus dailies on my low-geared alts is not fun. Those mobs were not meant for 630 iLvl characters.

Your comment made me curious so I logged on my old fury warrior that I haven't played since the release of WoD (ilvl 605), set him up quickly then went and did the dailies with no problems at all.

Not sure what you're doing wrong. Or maybe there are harder dailies I'm not aware of?

edit: Tried it on the windwalker I boosted to lvl 100 and that I have no idea how to play and I almost died to a single gromling... interesting.

JSoup

Banned
Go farm the Vortex Pinnacle mount! The site inspired me to do it, and I managed to get it after
kills.

I've been, but not seriously, only in Normal mode, as that's all my mage could handle when I first started. I sort of thought it was like EoE in that the mount actually has a pretty high chance to dropping, since it wasn't built around people beating it weekly.

Robin64

There's nothing more disheartening than opening up your Savage Gift and finding 300 garrison resources or oil. I'd rather have nothing.

Robin64

I'm at 70k oil. All I run is the oil rig mission with fishing ships, blockades when they appear, and rares when they appear.

So a couple days ago I finally bought WoW for $5 after around 5-7 years of not playing (I quit during mid-WotLK). As I stated in this thread. So that means, no Cataclysm, MoP, or WoD. During my abstinence I still paid attention to gameplay/story updates on the game on a regular basis due to it being a huge part of my life.

Anyways, after 2-3 days I made it to 60 and I'm in Outland (again) and I have to say the leveling was pretty fun (if a bit empty, then again I expect most people to be sitting in their garrisons), atleast as a Forsaken throughout the Eastern Kingdoms (Tirisfal > Silverpine > Hillsbrad > Arathi > Hinterlands > Western Plaguelands > Eastern Plaguelands > Badlands > Searing Gorge > Burning Steppes > Swamp of Sorrows > Blasted Lands), I haven't touched Kalimdor for shit (though I eventually plan to) except Orgrimmar. Loved the goblins and their rocket travel during the latter areas and the Forsaken war machine plot was awesome.

In addition to leveling through zones, god damn do I miss the dungeons in this game and I'm having both fun and nostalgia bombs of running through old areas. I'm kinda dissapointed in how easy the dungeons are compared to their original versions and can see why many felt likewise; running them is super easy mode and super fast. I haven't participated in raiding yet.

Lastly, Outland. God damn is it easier to quest in Hellfire with a flying mount right off the bat; I remember years back then I had to run/ground mount everywhere due to so many quests thrown at you to direct you all over the zone.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game and yeah it's changed but I enjoy the changes for the most part (and hopefully activity picks up when Legion launches).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Lastly, Outland. God damn is it easier to quest in Hellfire with a flying mount right off the bat; I remember years back then I had to run/ground mount everywhere due to so many quests thrown at you to direct you all over the zone.

This is how Draenor will be, but the questing is far more enjoyable.

JSoup

Banned
I'm at 70k oil. All I run is the oil rig mission with fishing ships, blockades when they appear, and rares when they appear.

This, but I still need to set up the fishing nets. I also run cheap treasure missions just to cycle them, as the last rare I need is a treasure mission.

If I could saw off the part of the Blade's Edge Mountains that Ogri'La occupies and kick it into the Twisting Nether, I would. I feel like as a Goblin Engineer, that should be something I could engage in. Violent, explosive fracking

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If I could saw off the part of the Blade's Edge Mountains that Ogri'La occupies and kick it into the Twisting Nether, I would. I feel like as a Goblin Engineer, that should be something I could engage in. Violent, explosive fracking

That would be epic to see.

-----

I'd love the option to filter mounts by riding skill and faction.

I guess I have to come back later to Blade's Edge Mountain, just like I do Nagrand, in order to get the zone questing achievement? I've cleared every major questing hub but there's Sha'tari Skyguard base that isn't offering quests yet...despite me being over-leveled and having cleared the zone of every other available quest.

Outland questing is a pain in the ass, on to Netherstorm.

Daniel R

I guess I have to come back later to Blade's Edge Mountain, just like I do Nagrand, in order to get the zone questing achievement? I've cleared every major questing hub but there's Sha'tari Skyguard base that isn't offering quests yet...despite me being over-leveled and having cleared the zone of every other available quest.

Outland questing is a pain in the ass, on to Netherstorm.

You are sent to the Sha'tari skyguard base after you have reached a certain rep level by doing quests in Terokkar forest/Skettis I think.

Check the comment by pezz here:
http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1031/shatari-skyguard#comments

I have to rep grind just to get the zone questing achievement. I hate Outland. The only worthwhile things I've gotten out of this content are a few transmogs and my turbo charged flying machine that I farmed all of the mats for myself.

I think I need to take a break from this content and go back to Northrend.

I shouldn't complain too much about Outland, Khorium Ore and Primal Fire farming has paid for so many Neatherweave bags, it isn't even funny.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyways, after 2-3 days I made it to 60 and I'm in Outland (again) and I have to say the leveling was pretty fun (if a bit empty, then again I expect most people to be sitting in their garrisons), atleast as a Forsaken throughout the Eastern Kingdoms (Tirisfal > Silverpine > Hillsbrad > Arathi > Hinterlands > Western Plaguelands > Eastern Plaguelands > Badlands > Searing Gorge > Burning Steppes > Swamp of Sorrows > Blasted Lands),
This is probably one of the most straightforward leveling paths in the game, but I kind of have a hard time with the repetition that exists across Cataclysm's revamped line for the Eastern Kingdoms. Silverpine is great but it's visually pretty similar to Trisfal before it, although you do get to head into Gilneas to break from Silverpine being sort of bland visually. Hillsbrad feels particularly dry now as a Horde-centric zone, and Arathi has never had any kind of flavor to it. WPL and EPL are both strong zones but it's that thing again of having to these zones repeat one after the other that are thematically and visually very similar. This repeated on Badlands, Searing Gorge, and Burning Steppes, with Searing Gorge being the only standout zone of the three. Then you get the Blasted Lands, which is also all red sand that's been blown out and the only zone in its level range that really saw modernization through Cataclysm.

At this point I kind of prefer the leveling experience offered by Kalimdor, where the flow between zones feels a little more varied as you push through from location to location. Stranglethorn Vale holds a lot of appeal to breaking some of the monotony of EK, but it's not really something that's pushed towards Undead players.

I now have all the Heirloom rings from the Shipyard and anything else worth getting. Not sure if I should even bother trying to operate it on my new level 100s now as the gold missions are few and far between.

I think I'll try for the Fishing Contest ring tomorrow. I was so close last weekend getting third place a few seconds after second.

Man, the Forsaken leveling experience is one of the best in the game, that whole run up to the Western Plaugelands is pretty epic. You basically become Sylvanas' right hand ghoul, play a role in the fall of Gilneas and help secure Andorhol for the Forsaken.

I can't think of another race where you're that close to your racial/faction leader.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol, i had to take a screenshot because I never thought I'd see the day where DPS would be the role getting the extra rewards bag!

iVgrE69.png

Unain

Finally Archimonde Mythic down!
Took us way too long...

Made another fun intro for the kill video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CGlq6Fy5gk

We went with 4 healers, because we have bad dps (even with all those upgrades+ring) who can't make the dps check for 1 doomfire consistently.
The 3 healers tactic is so much easier and I can actually heal not just soak. Ah well, he's down at least, right before Christmas break!

ampere

Finally Archimonde Mythic down!
Took us way too long...

Made another fun intro for the kill video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CGlq6Fy5gk

We went with 4 healers, because we have bad dps (even with all those upgrades+ring) who can't make the dps check for 1 doomfire consistently.
The 3 healers tactic is so much easier and I can actually heal not just soak. Ah well, he's down at least, right before Christmas break!

Grats! Yea 3 healers 1 doomfire greatly simplifies P1/P2. We just got him down this past Tuesday and were able to do the 1 doomfire, although there were attempts where we'd get unlucky procs and not make the dps check.

Def agree it's nice to have it down before the year end :). Just hope we can clear farm painlessly

I need to make some gold quickly. My professions aren't useful (skin/leather).

Any tips on old raids to make some $ vendoring stuff? I'm a rogue 662 ilvl if it matters.

Unain

Grats! Yea 3 healers 1 doomfire greatly simplifies P1/P2. We just got him down this past Tuesday and were able to do the 1 doomfire, although there were attempts where we'd get unlucky procs and not make the dps check.

Def agree it's nice to have it down before the year end :). Just hope we can clear farm painlessly

Yeah, it might be a little composition based as well.
Some classes just have a bit better burst for those doomfires/boss dps (mages, hunters, rogues).

Farm is gonna be a challenge again, especially with this break :p.

M.D

Is the event with the savage gift or whatever a decent way to make gold? I'm thinking of buying a token and using that event to make some extra gold in addition to the usual ways

Robin64

Is the event with the savage gift or whatever a decent way to make gold? I'm thinking of buying a token and using that event to make some extra gold in addition to the usual ways

Not really. If you get really lucky and have something good in the Savage Gift, you can make a bit, but all my characters since day one have just had oil and garrison resources.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I should have sold my Grumpus mount. I don't like big mounts like this at all...

This is probably one of the most straightforward leveling paths in the game, but I kind of have a hard time with the repetition that exists across Cataclysm's revamped line for the Eastern Kingdoms. Silverpine is great but it's visually pretty similar to Trisfal before it, although you do get to head into Gilneas to break from Silverpine being sort of bland visually. Hillsbrad feels particularly dry now as a Horde-centric zone, and Arathi has never had any kind of flavor to it. WPL and EPL are both strong zones but it's that thing again of having to these zones repeat one after the other that are thematically and visually very similar. This repeated on Badlands, Searing Gorge, and Burning Steppes, with Searing Gorge being the only standout zone of the three. Then you get the Blasted Lands, which is also all red sand that's been blown out and the only zone in its level range that really saw modernization through Cataclysm.

At this point I kind of prefer the leveling experience offered by Kalimdor, where the flow between zones feels a little more varied as you push through from location to location. Stranglethorn Vale holds a lot of appeal to breaking some of the monotony of EK, but it's not really something that's pushed towards Undead players.

Eh I don't mind thematic repetition as a fan of lore. The zones being on the same general continent/areas I expected and I was most looking forward to the revamped questing design to which I enjoyed alot. Though I suppose if you generally don't care for lore/story I can see where one might grow tired of similar landscapes (the most boring areas imo in that list were Tirisfal (everything not Voss), Arathi, and SoS).

ZenaxPure

If you have enough alts and do it on all of them it can be pretty good. I've been doing it on 15 characters per day now and I've made roughly 300k gold so far. There is still RNG involved though which is why I wouldn't suggest it unless you have a shit load of characters.

Kraftwerk

I want to try something else than my warrior for Legion. Burnt out of my warrior since BC.

I think I am going to try a druid. I still want to tank, but want more variety.

Or a DK...cant decide.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If you have enough alts and do it on all of them it can be pretty good. I've been doing it on 15 characters per day now and I've made roughly 300k gold so far. There is still RNG involved though which is why I wouldn't suggest it unless you have a shit load of characters.

You can get gold from those savage gifts? All i see is oil, crystals and resources. How else are you making so much gold? From selling the mount?

phierce

You can get gold from those savage gifts? All i see is oil, crystals and resources. How else are you making so much gold? From selling the mount?
You can't get gold, but the mount, rapid mind elixir, medallion of the legion and call to arms item all = gold if you choose to sell them.

However, the only way he's made 300K is by selling a mount.

ZenaxPure

Mount, rapid mind elixir, medallion of the legion and call to arms item all = gold if you choose to sell them.

However, the only way he's made 300K is by selling a mount.

The mount is about half of it (I've sold 2 so far for 70k each, gotten a third but I decided to keep it). Medallions and elixirs on my server are still fairly okay cash (medallions are ~4k and elixirs are ~3k) and I've gotten a lot of those, they seem fairly common.

The frozen arms thing I've been keeping cause my Legion boosted character desperately needs them since gearing followers is insanely slow.

Top Bottom