• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

I want to try something else than my warrior for Legion. Burnt out of my warrior since BC.

I think I am going to try a druid. I still want to tank, but want more variety.

Or a DK...cant decide.

While Blood gameplay is interesting, the mobility is so atrocious I could never main it.

cdyhybrid

I want to try something else than my warrior for Legion. Burnt out of my warrior since BC.

Or a DK...cant decide.

Just level up all the tanks and you can play whichever one you like best at the time :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If someone has experience with other tank classes I dunno how they can stand playing bear druid right now. I want to like it but the toolkit is just hyper-simplistic, and all the dodge stuff is nonsensical.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Or a DK...cant decide.

Try Brewmaster

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saw the trailer for the new Kung Fu Panda movie while I was at Star Wars and man

I know the Kung Fu Panda jokes are dumb in WoW, but this new Kung Fu Panda looks like the devs played a LOT of MoP. Complete with storyline about the evil guy taking over and going back to the home of pandas to teach the pandas how to fight back. And the evil guy's weapons look like some WoW weapons
kung-fu-panda-3.png

I was dreading Netherstorm and its 120 quests but, at the halfway point, all of the quests have been so densely packed around their hubs and straightforward that it's been easy to blaze through it all so quickly. So far it's my favourite.

I saw the trailer for the new Kung Fu Panda movie while I was at Star Wars and man

I know the Kung Fu Panda jokes are dumb in WoW, but this new Kung Fu Panda looks like the devs played a LOT of MoP. Complete with storyline about the evil guy taking over and going back to the home of pandas to teach the pandas how to fight back. And the evil guy's weapons look like some WoW weapons
kung-fu-panda-3.png

Yeah no joke.

And I think the Warcraft trailer was slightly different than the one we've seen before? IDK.

What really got me pumped though was the new Independence Day.

Also, fuck Iron Maidens. 3 weeks and no goddamn trinket drop. Gotta find a new group too, since the one I'd been running with is going straight to Blackhand after this week.

_BtB_

hmm anyone having no luck with the christmas mount? Its headless horseman all over again :(

Been doing it on 9 characters everyday and no luck, atleast I been making bank on the drops :)
by any chance anyone know the estimated droprate of the mount? wowhead does not seem to have enough data on it. I was just curious about the percentage of it, thanks

hmm anyone having no luck with the christmas mount? Its headless horseman all over again :(

Been doing it on 9 characters everyday and no luck, atleast I been making bank on the drops :)
by any chance anyone know the estimated droprate of the mount? wowhead does not seem to have enough data on it. I was just curious about the percentage of it, thanks

No luck here so far but I've only got three characters to go after it. Thankfully the price is rapidly going down on the Auction House.

phierce

Seven toons a day and no mount, or really much or anything. I've gotten a few medallions of the legion, but other than that, not shit.

Tarazet

While Blood gameplay is interesting, the mobility is so atrocious I could never main it.

Thing about Blood is they are kings when the expansion first comes out. It feels like you could put on Cata greens and still be unstoppable. That's what makes them the Challenge Mode tank of choice - they do very well with little gear. With the changes to Brewmaster, I'm interested in playing the new spec at endgame, but not too optimistic about the leveling experience.

Granadier

Just went through the goblin starting zone for the first time. Blizzard really did a top notch job with that. The story, environment, and bosses were all a lot of fun.

Just went through the goblin starting zone for the first time. Blizzard really did a top notch job with that. The story, environment, and bosses were all a lot of fun.

It's so entirely ridiculous. You go from being one step removed from being a trade prince/princess, survive the destruction of Kezan, being stabbed in the back by Gallywix, save your people at the Lost Isle, meet the orcs, save Thrall, build a town out of an explosion, fight a giant robot chicken, fight some naga, fight off some old god related terror, fight a giant shark with Goblin-made frankenstiened shark submarine with missiles and lasers on its head, fend off the natives who are kidnapping and turning your people into zombies, fight a giant volcanic turtle god, fight off the Alliance, fly a plane and blow up gnomes in the sky, save your people from Gallywix, defeat Gallywix, are key in the Bilgewater Cartel joining the Horde and then you go to Orgrimmar. It's such a dramatic step down ending up in the Northern Barrens or Azshara after all of that.

So this just happened, made me laugh...

After a cutscene for Mists finishes playing there's two Warchiefs in Grommash Hold.

Milennia

20 mythic Archimonde kills as of this week already, 23 kills on most bosses and I even missed most of an instance one week, crazy.

Farm starting to ease up a bit though, guild doesn't raid this week but we raid the Monday and then Tuesday of the following into the next.

Was thinking about finding an alliance guild to raid with this week but I may just take the break lol.

I can almost solo Lady Vashj with my 85 ele shaman. The rest of Serpent Shrine Cavern is cake outside of the Lady Vashj fight. I can make it past the tainted elemental bit and drop her shields the problem is how hard she hits after. I can't stay on top of killing the slowing myrmidons, the water elementals powering Vashj, the fear walkers and deal with rng of the tainted water elementals. Where are they spawning, can I get to them quick enough, the answer is usually no.

Granadier

It's so entirely ridiculous. You go from being one step removed from being a trade prince/princess, survive the destruction of Kezan, being stabbed in the back by Gallywix, save your people at the Lost Isle, meet the orcs, save Thrall, build a town out of an explosion, fight a giant robot chicken, fight some naga, fight off some old god related terror, fight a giant shark with Goblin-made frankenstiened shark submarine with missiles and lasers on its head, fend off the natives who are kidnapping and turning your people into zombies, fight a giant volcanic turtle god, fight off the Alliance, fly a plane and blow up gnomes in the sky, save your people from Gallywix, defeat Gallywix, are key in the Bilgewater Cartel joining the Horde and then you go to Orgrimmar. It's such a dramatic step down ending up in the Northern Barrens or Azshara after all of that.

All before level 12 too! Goblins peak early.

ampere

I can almost solo Lady Vashj with my 85 ele shaman. The rest of Serpent Shrine Cavern is cake outside of the Lady Vashj fight. I can make it past the tainted elemental bit and drop her shields the problem is how hard she hits after. I can't stay on top of killing the slowing myrmidons, the water elementals powering Vashj, the fear walkers and deal with rng of the tainted water elementals. Where are they spawning, can I get to them quick enough, the answer is usually no.

You might just not be a high enough level post squish, but you could try Enhancement. Ele is a super terrible soloing spec

Thing about Blood is they are kings when the expansion first comes out. It feels like you could put on Cata greens and still be unstoppable. That's what makes them the Challenge Mode tank of choice - they do very well with little gear. With the changes to Brewmaster, I'm interested in playing the new spec at endgame, but not too optimistic about the leveling experience.

Eh, I don't think so. Death Strike scales from AP right now so having crap gear hurts them just as bad as anyone. DKs are CM kings this expansion because of Gorefiend's Grasp and Death Grip

Tenebrous

Wahhey! Finally cleared 8/8 DS25hc on my Ret Paladin. Their DPS in retro raids is appauling, and I only just evaded Ultraxion's one-shot timer, but hey, at least now I know I can do it.

Still 0/3 mounts, though.

My sham is enhance and damn near unkillable. Theres a lot of passive and active healing that helps keep them up. You probably dont have enhance gear, but its a fun spec. Ive never tried to solo that place, so I cant offer any advice :(.

I have no Enhance gear (all of my looms are int, so switching to that wouldn't be an option) so I think I'll just focus on getting higher level before tackling it again.

Lomax

When I was soloing Vashj on my demo lock, it was taking forever and I finally realized my imps were killing the tainted elementals and making them unlootable. That whole encounter just sucks to solo and once I got the minipet I've never gone back.

Any suggestions on a few essential critter battle pets?

I'm having problems beating the WOTLK master by Dalaran, he uses undead. I figure I need critters to beat him?

The questline to finish off Nagrand, the fourth zone in Outland, starts in Shadowmoon Valley, the seventh zone, and it has you fly from on side of Outland to the other only to receive three quests sending you all across Outland to fight three things, go back to Nagrand , to Terrokar, back to Nagrand and then back to Shadowmoon Valley.

ampere

The questline to finish off Nagrand, the fourth zone in Outland, starts in Shadowmoon Valley, the seventh zone, and it has you fly from on side of Outland to the other only to receive three quests sending you all across Outland to fight three things, go back to Nagrand , to Terrokar, back to Nagrand and then back to Shadowmoon Valley.

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms had a number of quests like that before they were revamped for Cataclysm. Honestly back then it felt super epic and exciting to travel all over... but now it definitely seems like a chore haha.

Gaming expectations change over the years as games evolve

pantsmith

Just went to resubscribe for the holidays, and I cant buy game time... its probably a sign from above to go finish my backlog, lol.

Got booted out of the game, can log back in but it takes me to the realm selection screen and doesn't log-in to the realm.

Correction: It seems to be realm specific, I can't log-in to Dalaran but I can log-in to Dunemaul.

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms had a number of quests like that before they were revamped for Cataclysm. Honestly back then it felt super epic and exciting to travel all over... but now it definitely seems like a chore haha.

Gaming expectations change over the years as games evolve

I can't even imagine doing stuff like that on-foot, with ground mounts only or with slower flying mounts. I just enjoy the modern questing experience more.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Best video on mage rotations in Legion? Tempted to go dual-main for the first time since TBC.
Maybe this?

Bellular doesn't usually have very good reads on specs because he doesn't understand most of them, but he puts enough information out to get the general idea. Only Fire is implemented right now.

Tacitus_

Got booted out of the game, can log back in but it takes me to the realm selection screen and doesn't log-in to the realm.

Correction: It seems to be realm specific, I can't log-in to Dalaran but I can log-in to Dunemaul.

Maybe the server crashed? It's rare these days so it might not have happened to you before.

I can't even imagine doing stuff like that on-foot, with ground mounts only or with slower flying mounts. I just enjoy the modern questing experience more.

Yeah, those were common during leveling in vanilla. Which is why I think people who want to go back have heavy nostalgia goggles on.

Granadier

I'm...I'm tempted to level a mage as well now. Can't really decide between mage and rogue.

Holy smokes, Icyveins Completed Quest Checker and Wowhead saved my bacon. Not only were there quests locked behind two different rep grinds but there was a sizable quest chain tied to a random loot drop--that did not drop for me while questing--in Blade's Edge Mountain. Now I just have Shadowmoon Valley's quest achievement left to get and I'll finally have Outland loremaster.

I'm...I'm tempted to level a mage as well now. Can't really decide between mage and rogue.

rkGUmkL.gif

I mean, there's plenty of time between now and Legion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mage is the only class I actually can stomach to level. Did one all the way up to Naxx in vanilla, did a new one right as Wrath was starting to drop and did a third to begin Cata.

Tamanon

Banned
Fire looks pretty good so far. I like some of the changes they've done. Think I'm going with mage as my dps to level.

Mage/DK/Demon Hunter most likely are my three.

Top Bottom