• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Killed Raganos for the 4th time on 25h and the mount dropped!!! And got the other one a run ago.

Still no holiday mount tho.

Damn you. I so regret passing on the Rag HC mount during Cata, as I've never seen it since in over 100 clears across 10 characters.

I haven't seen Grumpus myself. Just popped 36k n grabbed one from the AH.

Before Minion of Grumpus dropped for me I was consistently getting Medallion's, Elixir's, and Frozen Arm's in those presents. Now it's just resources and oil. It's like the game said, "Ok, you're done now" lol

Lomax

Bummer! Must be a real bastard to get exalted status without them then.

You either grind a ton of mobs or run dungeons during the bi-monthly event that just finished. But most of the reps only have mediocre mounts and cosmetic items gated now, except the Tanaan reps, and they have dailies.

In my opinion, it's the worst implementation of reps since vanilla. But I guess people complained too much about all the dailies in MoP.

Tenebrous

You either grind a ton of mobs or run dungeons during the bi-monthly event that just finished. But most of the reps only have mediocre mounts and cosmetic items gated now, except the Tanaan reps, and they have dailies.

In my opinion, it's the worst implementation of reps since vanilla. But I guess people complained too much about all the dailies in MoP.

Or buy Medallions which should be at their lowest price ever right now.

Lomax

Or buy Medallions which should be at their lowest price ever right now.

Even at 3k each that's 60k+ worth of medallions just to get to revered (and another 50k+ for exalted). Not something most people are willing to do, even if the grind is tedious. The Tanaan reps imo are better done than the initial WoD reps were, and at least they added the dungeon event for those. I just see very little reason to push any of them to exalted, the only mount that is appealing to me is the 150k apexis mount. But then I'm much more likely to do a series of dailies every day than I am to go out and kill mobs endlessly.

Tenebrous

The 150k Apexis mount is gorgeous indeed. I'd love to get it personally, but I've no idea how to effectively farm the Apexis crystals. The Saberstalker mounts look tame in comparison.

phierce

The 150k Apexis mount is gorgeous indeed. I'd love to get it personally, but I've no idea how to effectively farm the Apexis crystals. The Saberstalker mounts look tame in comparison.
Do Tanaan dailies first and then finish the other bonus objectives each day...you'll have it super quick (10 days or so with no extra Apexis income).

Edit: Maybe less days now that I think about it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
No maybe about it.

It's just a relaxing thing to do while waiting for a queue or something. After starting fresh on Dalaran alliance I've been spending more time on professions and have really enjoyed it.

I'm sure once I get to Draenor though it will shit all over that with their dumb idea of having the garrison do all of it.

Fuck garrisons.

Tenebrous

Do Tanaan dailies first and then finish the other bonus objectives each day...you'll have it super quick (10 days or so with no extra Apexis income).

Edit: Maybe less days now that I think about it.

I hate revisiting things on a daily basis. I just wanna get shit done in one big sitting... No way to power through it in a 15 hour session or two?

phierce

I hate revisiting things on a daily basis. I just wanna get shit done in one big sitting... No way to power through it in a 15 hour session or two?
Nope. You can definitely speed it up a good bit by doing the pre-6.2 apexis daileys...but one shot is out of the question.

ampere

Nope. You can definitely speed it up a good bit by doing the pre-6.2 apexis daileys...but one shot is out of the question.

Well... if a 15 hour session is a one-shot you can prob do it during the Apexis weekly event!

But I just get a ton of them over time from Garrison missions, my Monk is up to 415k and I bought all the stuff already

Tenebrous

Boo, okay.

Well... if a 15 hour session is a one-shot you can prob do it during the Apexis weekly event!

But I just get a ton of them over time from Garrison missions, my Monk is up to 415k and I bought all the stuff already

Shame it's not a dungeon event! No idea how you're upto 415k... I don't even have the last 5,000 crystals (x2) to get the two last vendor mounts with.

But yeah, I might just wait and get them through the Garrison over time.

ampere

Boo, okay.

Shame it's not a dungeon event! No idea how you're upto 415k... I don't even have the last 5,000 crystals (x2) to get the two last vendor mounts with.

But yeah, I might just wait and get them through the Garrison over time.

If you buy the follower from Tanaan, Solar Priest Vayx, you'll get double Apexis from Garrison missions if you send them on the mission. That means 800 - 1200 per Apexis mission and those pop up frequently. Adds up over time.

Tenebrous

If you buy the follower from Tanaan, Solar Priest Vayx, you'll get double Apexis from Garrison missions if you send them on the mission. That means 800 - 1200 per Apexis mission and those pop up frequently. Adds up over time.

Great advice, thanks. I'll go buy he/she as soon as I'm done with my DS runs.

ZenaxPure

It's just a relaxing thing to do while waiting for a queue or something. After starting fresh on Dalaran alliance I've been spending more time on professions and have really enjoyed it.

I'm sure once I get to Draenor though it will shit all over that with their dumb idea of having the garrison do all of it.

Fuck garrisons.

Fishing is the one thing they actually did a good job incorporating into garrisons. Fish at the garrison to buff your fishing skill up then go and fish in the outside world to catch Lunkers and bring them back to trade for coins.

Problem is that system didn't actually work in a particularly smart or well thought out way until 6.1 because Lunker catch rate didn't scale with your fishing skill at launch for whatever reason. But nowadays its fine, this has probably been my favorite expansion to actually fish in once they fixed the mess.

Fuck garrisons.

Garrisons don't do it all for you. They do augment your existing professions or functionally allow you to have a completely separate sub-set of professions through what buildings you choose.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Being able to disenchant junk and throw around basic enchants through my Garrison is great. I'm going to miss it.

drotahorror

Is there any world pvp in Warlords? If so, have they done anything to unbalanced ratio of horde/ally so world pvp isn't a slaughterfest one way or the other? I dunno, I'm sort of interested in picking up WoD since it's so cheap right now.

Is there a gaf server?

Godan

So got my level 100 boost for pre ordering. Is it best to get to level 60 then use the boost so that whatever professions i have get maxed out too?

Edwardo

So got my level 100 boost for pre ordering. Is it best to get to level 60 then use the boost so that whatever professions i have get maxed out too?

I leveled character to 11 then used it. I've never really cared that much about professions though.

Granadier

Also I really, really wish the ConsolePort addon worked on OSX as well because it would make casual playing like leveling so much more relaxing to just chill with a controller.

Video about it

ampere

If you really dislike early levels use it immediately, if you like em and really need maxed professions, level to 60.

People were upset that we have Warspear as a faction capital instead of Bladespire Citadel? Having both your garrison and faction captial in the same zone seems like it would be kind of redundant. Plus having two main hearths on the opposite sides of Draenor seems kind of more optimal while you still need to rely on flightpaths to get around.

Meier

I hit 100 and got to Tanaan but I don't seem to be offered any quests there yet. I know it's apparently super important to do a lot of stuff there.. what triggers the progression to there? I don't have the 3rd level of my garrison yet since getting 2000 materials is proving difficult.

Tenebrous

I hit 100 and got to Tanaan but I don't seem to be offered any quests there yet. I know it's apparently super important to do a lot of stuff there.. what triggers the progression to there? I don't have the 3rd level of my garrison yet since getting 2000 materials is proving difficult.

I believe it's the shipyard, which is locked behind the T3 garrison.

Tacitus_

People were upset that we have Warspear as a faction capital instead of Bladespire Citadel? Having both your garrison and faction captial in the same zone seems like it would be kind of redundant. Plus having two main hearths on the opposite sides of Draenor seems kind of more optimal while you still need to rely on flightpaths to get around.

I can't remember whether they removed the option of deciding where to put your garrison before they nixed the capital cities, but it's not the location people were annoyed about. They said that those would be our capitals and then quite late went "nah, on second thought, have this bunch of buildings next to the pvp zone"

The rest zones are still bugged in Warspear at least. Sometimes you get to logout instantly and sometimes not.

ampere

Your hearth is still set to Warspear? Shrine in Pandaria is way more useful I find, given that it has portals to all the cities, and puts you in Pandaria. The Garrison Hearth, Portal to Warspear and shipyard compass are sufficient.

phierce

I believe it's the shipyard, which is locked behind the T3 garrison.
This is correct.

How much gold do you have? You can buy those ogre caches (1000 garrison resources) off the AH.

Meier

This is correct.

How much gold do you have? You can buy those ogre caches (1000 garrison resources) off the AH.

Oh interesting, I didn't realize that. I have about 11k now.. was hoping to save up to the 30k or whatever it costs to buy a month of game time but that seems lke it'd be near impossible.

Your hearth is still set to Warspear? Shrine in Pandaria is way more useful I find, given that it has portals to all the cities, and puts you in Pandaria. The Garrison Hearth, Portal to Warspear and shipyard compass are sufficient.

I've only been to Pandaria through the dungeon queue. I intend to play through it all once but I figure Loremaster stuff will always be there, garrison/shipyard gold gain won't be after Legion. I want to get the most out of those things while I can.

I can't remember whether they removed the option of deciding where to put your garrison before they nixed the capital cities, but it's not the location people were annoyed about. They said that those would be our capitals and then quite late went "nah, on second thought, have this bunch of buildings next to the pvp zone"

The rest zones are still bugged in Warspear at least. Sometimes you get to logout instantly and sometimes not.

I figured there was a bit more to it than just nixed capital cities.

Granadier

Correct. It's more that what we got was some subpar faction "cities" and a fixed garrison. If they would have stuck to what they originally said and had multiple garrison spots along with the capital cities then I feel that Draenor would have been far more enjoyable.

As it stands Draenor is this place that I need to go once in a while to do quests or daily's, but I never actually want to hang out there. One Legion is out I don't think I'll ever go back there.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know if people are bothered as much about Bladespire being missing, but Karabour has an absurd amount of work and detail poured into its grounds that definitely doesn't get as much use as it needs to.

Ashran doesn't really have much personality as a zone, and that kind of peels out to the environment around the cities, even just outside of all the garrison pieces used to assemble the buildings on it. Being on both "sides" of Draenor is pretty irrelevant given the small space of it, and the ability to teleport to different areas through various portals, devices, and pieces of the Garrison.

Granadier

I guess my main gripe with it all is the art direction throughout the cities and areas of Draenor.

Horde = generic orc dwellings

Alliance = generic human dwellings

Whereas both of the scrapped capital cities had really interesting architecture and design attached to them.

TheYanger

This. The garrison was mobile before and you chose where it went, when they nixed that is when they nixed the bladespire/karabor bases

Top Bottom