• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

I've mained Warrior for about 8 years now, and in PvP gear (with a 725 weap), I find Arms to be a very decent soloing spec. I've not tried any MoP content, though... Maybe I should.

The gear requirement for Fury is probably not as high as they're sometimes made out to be, particularly if your goal is just soloing content. I've personally never had any problem with any of the specs for solo content, so if Arms or Fury are even remotely appealing you should try them out. It's pretty easy to switch between the two. I would say that Fury has a higher ease of use though. Prot is really strong for solo content, and the DPS it pushes out is high with or without Gladiator spec. It's probably the easiest spec of the three for people new to the class. Second Wind makes certain pieces of old raid content particularly non-threatening across all specs.

Well that's good to know. Arms is the most interesting to me so I'm happy the negativity towards it is a bit overblown.

I have a totally crap geared Fury Warrior, it's ilevel 610, mostly quest gear with some axes made from my forge and have no problem solo'ing any content. My only complaint is it feels a little rng dependent at times, there's dead spots of me just auto-attacking and fishing for rage or waiting for one of my abilities to proc but its dps has never felt inadequate. If your skillbar lights up like a Christmas tree, things die, really quickly.

Also with Mighty Leap you can get to so many places other classes can't. I would recommend buying Goblin Gliders just in case.

Ah, never even noticed that Leap skill. What's got me most interested in the Warrior class are the similarities between it and Barbarian from Diablo III. They share similar skills.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Used a second baleful arnament for my fury warriors second 2 hander

It gave me a 1 hander. I forgot to set it to arms to bypass the games own stupidity. I can't wait for artifacts

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Used a second baleful arnament for my fury warriors second 2 hander

It gave me a 1 hander. I forgot to set it to arms to bypass the games own stupidity. I can't wait for artifacts
I did the same thing the other day only I used a 695 item boost on it too because I wasn't paying attention.

Edwardo

Will there be an issue with me using PvP gear in dungeons and raids? All I've done since 100 is battlegrounds, so all of my gear this this season's blues and purps. I believe my item level is 697.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Will there be an issue with me using PvP gear in dungeons and raids? All I've done since 100 is battlegrounds, so all of my gear this this season's blues and purps. I believe my item level is 697.

dungeons, no issue

raids... LFR only. normal if you get carried.

Tenebrous

Just did 4 Mythic dungeons as a tank in mostly PvP gear without any experience doing them before.

Should be fine for Normal raids, honestly.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So excited for Legion and the PVP revamp. It's going to be nice not having to manage a different gear set.

ampere

Yea, have 0 gear and only being 2% behind people in stats? Much much better idea for PvP.

PvE gear progression is fine, but PvP should be much more equal.

Tarazet

I usually just come back and play a month or two.. raiding is probably not gonna happen at this point in my life. Definitely don't plan to be a primary healer or anything -- think I'll try and be a Druid I suppose. Should be pretty fun.

Which race would you guys suggest? I'm Horde. Blood Elf Hunter (90) and Orc Warlock (77) are my two characters.

I main a troll druid. With that background I assume you're going to play Balance.. the troll cat and bear look better, but the Tauren flight form and Moonkin form look better, IMO. The troll bat is egregiously oogly and is the one thing I would switch in a heartbeat. Either way, have a good time with it.. Balance feels pretty good right now.

The Biizzacl and gold farmer hijacked accounts are out in force on Dalaran tonight. I'm leaning towards downloading that add-on I've seen mentioned on reddit that filters out various kinds of spam.

The Biizzacl and gold farmer hijacked accounts are out in force on Dalaran tonight. I'm leaning towards downloading that add-on I've seen mentioned on reddit that filters out various kinds of spam.

The addon, BadBoy, is amazing. Everyone should have it installed and make sure to send the reports.

Tenebrous

Yea, have 0 gear and only being 2% behind people in stats? Much much better idea for PvP.

PvE gear progression is fine, but PvP should be much more equal.

I'm in two minds.

At face value, it's an exciting change. PvP should be balanced for everyone trying it out, and I applaud Blizzard for attempting that, even with the damage buff they feel like they have to give to experienced players.

But the other part of me thinks that WoW PvP is fucking terrible & unbalanced anyway, so why not just let things stay as they are? Having stat-perfect BGs aren't going to draw huge crowds back from the MOBA's that have dominated the multiplayer RPG industry for years now, so just let it continue being ridiculous.

Just remove all PvE gear from PvP.

Daniel R

The weapon stats for our current weapons (caster) look weird on wowheads legion page for each item. Normally the two different stats have somewhat similar values. Now one of them is like 400 and the other 2400. This matches what we see on the artifacts.

Is this intended?
Will I be getting 2000+ crit on my Spur of the great devourer come pre-patch?

ampere

I'm in two minds.

At face value, it's an exciting change. PvP should be balanced for everyone trying it out, and I applaud Blizzard for attempting that, even with the damage buff they feel like they have to give to experienced players.

But the other part of me thinks that WoW PvP is fucking terrible & unbalanced anyway, so why not just let things stay as they are? Having stat-perfect BGs aren't going to draw huge crowds back from the MOBA's that have dominated the multiplayer RPG industry for years now, so just let it continue being ridiculous.

Just remove all PvE gear from PvP.

Rated PvP should have efforts made at making it balanced, but world PvP can and will stay unfair.

WoW PvP isn't as bad as you say :p. Just follow a few rules: don't solo queue, and play a healer! Easy to guarantee your team has a healer if you play one :p

The weapon stats for our current weapons (caster) look weird on wowheads legion page for each item. Normally the two different stats have somewhat similar values. Now one of them is like 400 and the other 2400. This matches what we see on the artifacts.

Is this intended?
Will I be getting 2000+ crit on my Spur of the great devourer come pre-patch?

Probably not. Likely a datamining bug

Tenebrous

Rated PvP should have efforts made at making it balanced, but world PvP can and will stay unfair.

WoW PvP isn't as bad as you say :p. Just follow a few rules: don't solo queue, and play a healer! Easy to guarantee your team has a healer if you play one :p

They should just go back to the TBC system... That seriously had nothing wrong with it at all.

Not solo queuing is why I have a 85-90% BG win rate!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Yeah, I'm on the same server and noticed an unusual amount of it going on. Guess I should check out the same add-on.

The addon, BadBoy, is amazing. Everyone should have it installed and make sure to send the reports.

I report and block every gold farmer and phishing scammer. That usually does the job for a few days but recently it's becoming a daily ritual. Log-in, do my garrison stuff in the morning, report and block and bunch of gold farmers and scammers. Then do it all again on my second toon.

I've even been taking selfies with those level one gold farmer alts whose names look like they were made by smashing their head on their keyboard, you see them standing out in front of the AH in Stormwind or in front of Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar. Putting the selfie cam to use by sort of documenting how long those accounts last, seems to be two weeks on average.

Yeah, I'm on the same server and noticed an unusual amount of it going on. Guess I should check out the same add-on.

Cool, Horde or Alli?

Here's a link
I'm going to install it myself as well.

I don't want to start using a chat filter just yet, but if it gets worse or just persists and continues on as it is now, I might. There's an add-on where you can filter out whispers from players that are a certain level, I might look into grabbing that.

Tenebrous

3019/5000 Blackfang Claw farmed for the mount. Honestly, it's not a bad little farm. Gives me something to do while waiting for the old raids to reset. Method is this...

Prot spec, 638k with CS & trinket. Pull 15 mobs, survive, Bladestorm/Shockwave, 3x Artillery strikes. Kill, loot, fly up, wait artillery strike, and go again. 100-150 fangs every 12~ minutes with plenty of downtime to play guitar.

JSoup

Banned
"I wouldn't say it's a lack of learning, more "hey this is a new concept (illusions), how desired is it?" (Muffinus)"

It's adorable when they play dumb.

Meier

I can't actually find this supposed follower menu that I see referenced on follower guides. Can anyone give me a little more info on how to actually look at my followers? I just see the command table (mission info) and the architect table.

I can't actually find this supposed follower menu that I see referenced on follower guides. Can anyone give me a little more info on how to actually look at my followers? I just see the command table (mission info) and the architect table.

Click on the command table and it should be a tab under there. It might be assumed you have Master Plan though. No one should live without Master Plan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Secret luck stats jokes and all that but my rogue just procd a murloc crew on his first build. The same rogue that got both glaives within 3 weeks of each other and got mimiron's head.

Both. I've got two characters on Alliance; Dosuchin and Frazench, and one on Horde; Raggarakta.

Greezlix-Dalaran, Goblin Shaman. I've got an Orc Warrior but it's mainly just for its garrison at this point. I have a bunch of Goblin alts lined up and will be making a Gnome Hunter come legion.

I would totally join the Steamwheedle Cartel if I could.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've done this a million times before with stuff like Invincible farming, but this is a little different and I wanted to ask if anyone here has the experience to give me some specifics.

I want to get a H Garrosh lockout on one of my alts so I can use it to set up Garrosh farm groups on my warrior. I want to know if I should be setting up the groups outside the raid or do it in the raid, log out on the alt then autojoin on my warrior once other people are in. Then reset instance and repeat? I've joined several farms before, but I haven't set one up.

JSoup

Banned
If it's threatening server stability it's threatening their business.

Prepared and other were saying that it wasn't him specifically causing the lag. There was apparently another multiboxer on the Alliance team spamming firework items during the battles to cause the lag. Which sort of just enforces your point, really.

Greezlix-Dalaran, Goblin Shaman. I've got an Orc Warrior but it's mainly just for its garrison at this point. I have a bunch of Goblin alts lined up and will be making a Gnome Hunter come legion.

I would totally join the Steamwheedle Cartel if I could.

I've been wanting to make a Goblin character but can't decide on what class. Leaning towards a Rogue.

Robin64

Seems that dropping a shitload of guild banners causes insane lag. And that one multiboxer does it as part of a macro. Hooray.

Top Bottom