• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

phierce

Oh interesting, I didn't realize that. I have about 11k now.. was hoping to save up to the 30k or whatever it costs to buy a month of game time but that seems lke it'd be near impossible.
You'll make a lot more money with better gear you can get from Tanaan...which comes from a level 3 garrison. I would get to that point as quickly as you can and then it'll be much easier for you to farm old content for gold and get gold rolling from the garrison.

_BtB_

crap still no mount from the christmas dailies :(
Looks like I am waiting till next year it seems, no way am I paying 60k for the mount off the ah, as I am saving for my rare version spectral tiger

Rokam

Grinding Sha'tari Defense rep... all those legion medallions sitting in the bank are starting to look really tempting. Although this rep and Ashran are the only ones I have left so not much of a benefit.

ampere

Grinding Sha'tari Defense rep... all those legion medallions sitting in the bank are starting to look really tempting. Although this rep and Ashran are the only ones I have left so not much of a benefit.

My recommendation would be to grind it during the Draenor Dungeon weekly event where you can get rep from some of the dungeons. The next one for the US isn't until Feb 10th though.

Tenebrous

Been doing to Heart of Fear trash runs for Trillium. Pretty enjoyable little grind, honestly... Should save me around 80-120k on the 5 JC mounts.

ampere

Been doing to Heart of Fear trash runs for Trillium. Pretty enjoyable little grind, honestly... Should save me around 80-120k on the 5 JC mounts.

IIRC you're on EU realms, but you might want to shop around and see if there are cheap JC mounts available. On US-Illidan for example you can buy the Jeweled Onyx Panther for less than it costs to craft... how? I don't know if it's just from people trying to xfer gold past cap or duped items or what, but it's a better deal than crafting it yourself.

Helllp!!!

I booted up WoW again, since I found out about Veteran account stuff. I had a boat load of old bad addons, so I went into my addon folder and deleted them all and got a new version of TukUI, and put that in there.

...but when I booted up again, I still had all my old addons in the list but greyed out, which is annoying and TukUI was giving me some LUA errors or something in game while setting it up, so I decided to start fresh. So I renamed my Cache, Interface and WTF folders, which rebuilds them and resets everything. Cool great, start from scratch, awesome.

but now I dont have an addon button, Ive googled it, and cant get it to come back. haha

edit: Nevermind I'm dumb! I had a folder in my base WoW folder named Addons where I used to store my addons, it was confusing me with the Addon folder with in the interface folder, haha. Whoops!

Tenebrous

IIRC you're on EU realms, but you might want to shop around and see if there are cheap JC mounts available. On US-Illidan for example you can buy the Jeweled Onyx Panther for less than it costs to craft... how? I don't know if it's just from people trying to xfer gold past cap or duped items or what, but it's a better deal than crafting it yourself.

Cheapest I've seen is 25k, and even then, if I can farm the other mats myself (I already have all the Suns radiance, 90 of each Trillium, and 10~ or so blue gems from the ghost iron ore), sell any excess, and be much better off. They're back over 33k now, so I'd definitely rather just farm them myself...

Plus it gives me something to do! 10 runs in 18 minutes, 2 epsiodes of CYE, another 10 runs, repeat. It's good!

Peachpies

Helllp!!!

I booted up WoW again, since I found out about Veteran account stuff. I had a boat load of old bad addons, so I went into my addon folder and deleted them all and got a new version of TukUI, and put that in there.

...but when I booted up again, I still had all my old addons in the list but greyed out, which is annoying and TukUI was giving me some LUA errors or something in game while setting it up, so I decided to start fresh. So I renamed my Cache, Interface and WTF folders, which rebuilds them and resets everything. Cool great, start from scratch, awesome.

but now I dont have an addon button, Ive googled it, and cant get it to come back. haha

edit: Nevermind I'm dumb! I had a folder in my base WoW folder named Addons where I used to store my addons, it was confusing me with the Addon folder with in the interface folder, haha. Whoops!
The addons button only shows up when you have addons installed

JSoup

Banned

Dupping, mostly. I haven't seen it happen in a while, but a few months ago Jeweled Onyx Panthers went up on Draka/Suramar for under 10K. Currently the other panthers are up for than it costs to make them, but less than people normally sell them for.

Tenebrous

Dupping, mostly. I haven't seen it happen in a while, but a few months ago Jeweled Onyx Panthers went up on Draka/Suramar for under 10K. Currently the other panthers are up for than it costs to make them, but less than people normally sell them for.

Yeah this is another reason for me to want to do it myself. If I'm going to drop 160k into vendor mats and a few hundred HoF runs, I want to know for sure that what I'm getting is legit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Running that H Garrosh tusk farm on Horde-US right now if anyone wants in. Not sure how long we'll do it since Carbon needs things like 'food', whatever that is

Just spent the evening wrapping up Outland raids and Heroic dungeon runs to get the heroic dungeon and raiding achievement for Outland. Sunwell Plateau was the highlight of the unplayed raids and dungeons, the Battle for Mount Hyjal is somewhere in the middle, while Grull's Lair made me laugh almost as much as Magtheridon. Karazhan, with its labyrinthian layout and stupid chessboard mini-game, can fuck right off into outerspace. Glad those are done for the achievements but I still have a few more runs to go through for a missing a piece of the Skyshatter set.

I did manage to collect all of the Cataclysm and Cyclone Regalia pieces tonight though. Pretty happy with that. Now I just have three mounts to farm with Sethekk Halls, Tempest Keep and Magister's Terrace and one set piece from Black Temple and I can move on to Northrend farming.

ZenaxPure

Mages no good for clearing content?

Complete lack of self healing really makes them not fun for clearing old content, especially at low gear levels (can't really speak for higher since my mage is only 670 or so).

That said, for Cata stuff the mark of supreme doom from Kazzak is really awesome, gives you around 7% leech which is a lot of self healing for that stuff. Probably the only place that trinket has any use.

Just spent the evening wrapping up Outland raids and Heroic dungeon runs to get the heroic dungeon and raiding achievement for Outland. Sunwell Plateau was the highlight of the unplayed raids and dungeons, the Battle for Mount Hyjal is somewhere in the middle, while Grull's Lair made me laugh almost as much as Magtheridon. Karazhan, with its labyrinthian layout and stupid chessboard mini-game, can fuck right off into outerspace. Glad those are done for the achievements but I still have a few more runs to go through for a missing a piece of the Skyshatter set.

I did manage to collect all of the Cataclysm and Cyclone Regalia pieces tonight though. Pretty happy with that. Now I just have three mounts to farm with Sethekk Halls, Tempest Keep and Magister's Terrace and one set piece from Black Temple and I can move on to Northrend farming.

Yeah, I've only went through it once and I'm not sure if I'll do it again. I'd like to for some transmog stuff but it's just not a fun time at all.

Meier

Just got the 2nd level of my timeless ring and now I need to go to Highmaul. Is it possible to effectively do a raid with the finder tool? My ilvl is 646 personally..

Yeah, I've only went through it once and I'm not sure if I'll do it again. I'd like to for some transmog stuff but it's just not a fun time at all.

I wanna say I'll never go through that content again but I gotta look up what other loot drops in Kara.

At least the Kara mount is the first boss. Small benefit.

So can I just kill the Huntsman, exit the instance, reset my instances and try again?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Do you make videos or stream at all? Your stories about going through the content are always interesting.

Ha, no, I imagine it would be the equivalent of a Bronze League All-Star streaming matches in Starcraft. Lowbie Solo Adventures in WoW.

I've been having fun going through all of this old content though. It's been neat stumbling across all of these diffferent Shaman sets. I've got the Cataclysm, Cyclone and Shattersky (minus the pants) Regalia sets and am working on the Earthshatterer Regalia now.

I can also see why two tabs in void storage wasn't enough space for some people.

Tenebrous

Complete lack of self healing really makes them not fun for clearing old content, especially at low gear levels (can't really speak for higher since my mage is only 670 or so).

That said, for Cata stuff the mark of supreme doom from Kazzak is really awesome, gives you around 7% leech which is a lot of self healing for that stuff. Probably the only place that trinket has any use.

Frost has enough self healing (40% from Block, 22% from Snap, another 40% from Block) to see me through Majordomo, which is the only fight on 25HC my 665 Frost Mage struggles with. Other than that, Cata raids are a joke.

I have been tempted to try for the DLK trinket, but I'd be losing my "Use" trinket to do so, and considering my Cata raid macro is pretty much IcyVeins+Trinket+Berserking+Timewarp, I don't really wanna do that.

empyrean

Anyone have any advice about obtaining golden draenite? I've spent hours farming nagrand for ore and haven't found any. I also only have 1 character and they don't do jewelcrafting so can't prospect.

Tenebrous

Yeah. Imagine the people who have had the same main since Vanilla! I have some guildies who have "2 or 3 bag slots open" lol

Are they still using Mooncloth bags? How is that even possible?

I have full D2, two sets of D3, T1-16 complete, full AQ20/AQ40/ZG gear, 20 or so unobtainables (Onyxia attunement stuff, Quel'serrar, etc), 50~ pieces of non-set gear (Timewalking/Xmog), shitloads of crafting mats in my bags, every teleporting item available (inc all the engineering ones)...

Even then I usually rock with 60 bag spaces free, 80~ in the bank, and a few in void storage.

I don't get it.

Kurita

Haven't played the game since Cataclysm where I just re-started playing casually every now and then. Kinda want to come back after watching some videos on Youtube but I'm a bit afraid to be lost.
So what are the biggest changes to expect for someone returning to the party after all these years?

Bear in mind that I stopped with a level 65 goblin so I never experienced the high level content.

Tenebrous

The lack of apparent community spirit & socialization. Being social isn't forced upon you anymore - You're now forced to look for it.

Meier

A little confused about the Highmaul raid. Is it split into three distinct places if you use the LFR tool then? The guide for the legendary ring doesn't really tell you which particular raid to do.. I see Mar'gok listed and it seems he is a part of Imperator's Rise which is just him if I'm reading it right?

Shahadan

A little confused about the Highmaul raid. Is it split into three distinct places if you use the LFR tool then? The guide for the legendary ring doesn't really tell you which particular raid to do.. I see Mar'gok listed and it seems he is a part of Imperator's Rise which is just him if I'm reading it right?

yes

I recently hit level 100 and 4 new dungeons opened up. Any suggestions on which I should play first? I did Upper Blackrock Spire on normal and it was very difficult. Are they all the same difficulty? Did I just get a bad group or not play well or both? My ilvl is 597, should I focus on getting that higher first?

Tenebrous

I recently hit level 100 and 4 new dungeons opened up. Any suggestions on which I should play first? I did Upper Blackrock Spire on normal and it was very difficult. Are they all the same difficulty? Did I just get a bad group or not play well or both? My ilvl is 597, should I focus on getting that higher first?

597 is perfect for those instances, and in my experience, UBRS is the hardest, but I wouldn't rule out you playing bad as well (no offence). Check out the website Icy Veins for the best info regarding your class.

cdyhybrid

You can get gear between 650-695 very easily in Tanaan Jungle if you follow the shipyard questline in your level 3 Garrison.

Top Bottom