• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I've been wanting to make a Goblin character but can't decide on what class. Leaning towards a Rogue.

Have a goblin rogue and I can confirm that they are tons of fun.

Prepared and other were saying that it wasn't him specifically causing the lag. There was apparently another multiboxer on the Alliance team spamming firework items during the battles to cause the lag. Which sort of just enforces your point, really.

Malseph is the major boxer on the Alliance side. They both use server lag tactics to try and beat the other one.

Seems that dropping a shitload of guild banners causes insane lag. And that one multiboxer does it as part of a macro. Hooray.

He was even talking about that on his stream earlier. Going over his tactics of using the banners.

Daniel R

There is just no way that the ability Flash Freeze from the frost Mage artifact weapon will go live in its current form.

"Successful interrupts resets your cooldowns".
Does it also reset the cooldown of Counterspell, don' t think so. Would be able to totally lockdown a caster.

Counterspell is on a 24 second cooldown, so that is how often you can interrupt.

What are the cooldown for a Frost mage?

Ice Barrier - 25 seconds. After artifact talents the shield is upgraded to 16 x your spellpower.

Icy Veins - Increases haste by 30% for 20 seconds, 3 min cooldown.
Interacts with artifact talent Chilled to the core - increases your damage by 100%.

So in a scenario with interruptable mobs we could every 24 seconds gain 30% gaste and 100% damage increase for 20 seconds. Too overpowered.

Icy Veins + Chilled to the core + Ray of Frost =14296% spellpower damage over 14 seconds before haste from gear. Too overpowered.

With Rune of power x2 charges multiply those damage numbers by 1.5.
Of course the charge system on the new Rune of power doesn't work like a cooldown so that is not affected in the same way.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That Legion's Felbat mount on MMOchampion looks pretty cool. Although it only exist as a flightpath right now.

felbatMountDH.jpg

Lomax

That Legion's Felbat mount on MMOchampion looks pretty cool. Although it only exist as a flightpath right now.

If there's one thing the art design team is great at now, it's mounts. I've been repeatedly impressed with all the great little details the Sky Golem has, especially the animations.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If there's one thing the art design team is great at now, it's mounts. I've been repeatedly impressed with all the great little details the Sky Golem has, especially the animations.

Really? I felt most of the mounts in WoD were subpar at best, too many recolors. Especially the boars. They could have used such better running animations.

Edwardo

I noticed my game was chugging a little in combat when my laptop gets a little hot, so I decided to lower my settings to what the game recommends.

It was really smooth at first running around 90 fps. Now when i'm just walking around or on my mount i'll get a huge drop in fps for just a second. Anyone know what could cause this?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I noticed my game was chugging a little in combat when my laptop gets a little hot, so I decided to lower my settings to what the game recommends.

It was really smooth at first running around 90 fps. Now when i'm just walking around or on my mount i'll get a huge drop in fps for just a second. Anyone know what could cause this?

Tried rebooting?

Tenebrous

Clean the damn thing.

Canned air.

Now I want my goblin on Dalaran.

No you don't. Well maybe you would. I wish I wasn't but I didn't know what I was doing when I first started playing and blindly accepted the game's suggestion of Dalaran being the best place for me to start as a new player. I live in the Pacific Northwest and am playing on a server that's apparently in a New York data center and is EST. The ping is actually not bad and the server is decently populated and isn't heavily cross-realmed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was playing my shadow priest with the cursed feather toy and man...

just give me arrakoa so i can race change, blizz. the animations are already perfect

Meier

Wow, the dungeon queue times are brutal now! Up to 94 so felt like I was sort of back enough to be ready but this is taking ages.

Lomax

Canned air.

No you don't. Well maybe you would. I wish I wasn't but I didn't know what I was doing when I first started playing and blindly accepted the game's suggestion of Dalaran being the best place for me to start as a new player. I live in the Pacific Northwest and am playing on a server that's apparently in a New York data center and is EST. The ping is actually not bad and the server is decently populated and isn't heavily cross-realmed.

My horde character is on Dalaran and gets annoying weird disconnects all the time. I moved out west (CA) but my other east coast servers don't seem to have the same issue. The swarm of new players on Dalaran is a bit odd though (especially being in a casual open invite guild) and makes it feel like a high pop server at times.

Granadier

If you aren't on an SSD you may be just experience slight load hiccups too.

I made a few Alliance characters on Dalaran this last weekend and was surprised by how populated it was. It actually felt like an MMO again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Question.

I've got my H Garrosh lockout set up. I was gonna make an autoinvite group and since Heroic SoO flexes based on people in the raid, I wanted to know if I need to set my legacy raid size to 25 if it'll cap at 10 or if it'll just flex itself regardless?

Peachpies

Question.

I've got my H Garrosh lockout set up. I was gonna make an autoinvite group and since Heroic SoO flexes based on people in the raid, I wanted to know if I need to set my legacy raid size to 25 if it'll cap at 10 or if it'll just flex itself regardless?
the legacy raid size is only for raids before Siege so it will be flex on normal and heroic

JSoup

Banned
I was playing my shadow priest with the cursed feather toy and man...

just give me arrakoa so i can race change, blizz. the animations are already perfect

The next best thing, and I'd personally love this, is to make the transformation toys last hours and persist through death.

Daniel R

Best addon to farm the Draenor rare mounts? I have 0/7, so yeah... It would push me pretty much to 250.
"Premade group finder" and then add keywords it should search for in the background. Very useful for finding garrison invasion bosses as well. There you have another 4 mounts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And if anyone's on Horde-side US and wants to get in on a long term Heroic Garrosh farm for bonus rolling tusks, let me know. I could use someone to pass lead to to switch more quickly to my main anyways.

Granadier

They do have a good fix for this in Legion. Rewards go to the top % of each faction

Should even things out pretty quickly as some players initially flock Horde for the "easier glad" and over time we should see things get near 50/50

Yeah, I really hope it changes in Legion. But for now it's really depressing doing Horde pvp.

My horde character is on Dalaran and gets annoying weird disconnects all the time. I moved out west (CA) but my other east coast servers don't seem to have the same issue. The swarm of new players on Dalaran is a bit odd though (especially being in a casual open invite guild) and makes it feel like a high pop server at times.

I made a few Alliance characters on Dalaran this last weekend and was surprised by how populated it was. It actually felt like an MMO again.

Dalaran definitely feels like a high population server compared to Kilrogg, which was a PST PVE server which I have an Alli toon on. You can see why they need the cross-realm stuff on medium pop servers, a lot of zones would be straight up ghost towns without it.

And if anyone's on Horde-side US and wants to get in on a long term Heroic Garrosh farm for bonus rolling tusks, let me know. I could use someone to pass lead to to switch more quickly to my main anyways.
How did you get the lock out? And does it work the same as it does for something like ICC? I.E. You start a group, invite people, switch to another character and rejoin?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How did you get the lock out? And does it work the same as it does for something like ICC? I.E. You start a group, invite people, switch to another character and rejoin?

Same deal. The only difference is how SoO handles loot is that you have to make sure your alt has killed every single boss so it'll start you at Garrosh's trash. IF you came in on a kill at Protectors, you'd have to go find another group tk ill Immerseus then you'll start at Garrosh(which is what I did)

Eklipsis

Killed Raganos for the 4th time on 25h and the mount dropped!!! And got the other one a run ago.

Still no holiday mount tho.

Good to hear. Guess you just need to get to a higher level to start to see that.

I believe you need a level 3 garrison, which youll want anyway. But you also have to level followers to certain levels before things unlock. I believe the 2 big steps are 645 and 660/675. I think you need two or three at each level before those level missions unlock. You will want to get all your followers to 675 as quick as you can as well as get 10-15 of them with the gold bonus passive.

Meier

I believe you need a level 3 garrison, which youll want anyway. But you also have to level followers to certain levels before things unlock. I believe the 2 big steps are 645 and 660/675. I think you need two or three at each level before those level missions unlock. You will want to get all your followers to 675 as quick as you can as well as get 10-15 of them with the gold bonus passive.
I don't know what any of this means yet but I'm sure I might in time! My character is up to 97 now so I'm getting there.

It seems the tabards are harder to come by this time. Why would they make you require exalted to get one? Are any buyable before then to actually help you get rep?

Lomax

I don't know what any of this means yet but I'm sure I might in time! My character is up to 97 now so I'm getting there.

It seems the tabards are harder to come by this time. Why would they make you require exalted to get one? Are any buyable before then to actually help you get rep?

Rep is completely different from MoP (and most stuff prior) and tabards are only cosmetic.

Top Bottom