• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Thanks for the tips! I really like the Garrison stuff but I've never been one for doing a bunch of grinding with alts. I've got one guy I got up to 77 and that's it. I do have my token to jump one to 90 so maybe I'll do that with this druid I made based on people's suggestions. It seems like going from 90-100 is pretty easy to do so it wouldn't be very difficult to say have 3 guys at a high level.

For now, the most I've seen is something like 40 gold on my missions which is fairly pathetic but that's good to hear they grow. I tried one of those missions to get a 615 ilvl item for a follower but sadly failed it (had about 54% chance or so). I'll keep at it though.

No prob. The other thing you can do is Cata raids on 25h. Once you hit 650 ilvl, you can solo all of them. They give like 1200+ gold each and take about 30 minutes.

Meier

No prob. The other thing you can do is Cata raids on 25h. Once you hit 650 ilvl, you can solo all of them. They give like 1200+ gold each and take about 30 minutes.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Might be fun to try it at least once. I am a bit over 650 now (weapon seems to be the hardest thing to upgrade at this point) so I could give it a shot for the hell of it.

ZenaxPure

For now, the most I've seen is something like 40 gold on my missions which is fairly pathetic but that's good to hear they grow. I tried one of those missions to get a 615 ilvl item for a follower but sadly failed it (had about 54% chance or so). I'll keep at it though. I wish you could do the garrison missions remotely like the AH!

Well yes and no. The amount most gold missions give is fairly low overall, the trick is that you need to use the Inn to recruit followers with the Treasure Hunter trait which increases gold gained by 100% from missions and it stacks the more followers you have on said mission.

You should also look into doing the Harrison Jones quests from the garrison if you have not done them yet, he is a follower that comes with Treasure Hunter guaranteed but more importantly he has an OP trait that allows any follower on a mission with him to be brought up to his level and ilvl. Basically lets you power level followers since you can put level 90 ones on level 100 missions and gain tons of xp.

Fjordson

I just got Blizzard's WoW artbook in from Amazon this morning...and I'm once again resubbed to WoW lol (the book is great btw).

Just going to level a few alts tbh. I'm already ready to move on to Legion as far as end game.

Well yes and no. The amount most gold missions give is fairly low overall, the trick is that you need to use the Inn to recruit followers with the Treasure Hunter trait which increases gold gained by 100% from missions and it stacks the more followers you have on said mission.

You should also look into doing the Harrison Jones quests from the garrison if you have not done them yet, he is a follower that comes with Treasure Hunter guaranteed but more importantly he has an OP trait that allows any follower on a mission with him to be brought up to his level and ilvl. Basically lets you power level followers since you can put level 90 ones on level 100 missions and gain tons of xp.

And thats also why you need a level 3 inn. It unlocks the "slightly" more lucrative gold missions. Most missions range from 25-100 gold, but the follower bonus is multiplicative, so its 100>200>400 with 3 followers.

Lomax

And thats also why you need a level 3 inn. It unlocks the "slightly" more lucrative gold missions. Most missions range from 25-100 gold, but the follower bonus is multiplicative, so its 100>200>400 with 3 followers.

It's not multiplicative any more. That said, your numbers still end up being right, as each of three followers adds 100g for a total of 400g on those missions.

Meier

Very cool. I recruited my first person and went with one that was useful at the time as I didn't know any better per se, but I'll try for that treasure hunter one next. I assume I'll be able to get a new follower as it's the start of a new week.

As far as Harrison is concerned, my inn is level 2 currently.. is that high enough to get him? I feel like I saw him once but don't recall. Didn't realize I could use the group finder to visit other people's garrisons.. interesting.

phierce

Very cool. I recruited my first person and went with one that was useful at the time as I didn't know any better per se, but I'll try for that treasure hunter one next. I assume I'll be able to get a new follower as it's the start of a new week.

As far as Harrison is concerned, my inn is level 2 currently.. is that high enough to get him? I feel like I saw him once but don't recall. Didn't realize I could use the group finder to visit other people's garrisons.. interesting.
He's not from the Inn. You get him from doing 6 different daily quests offered by him in your town hall. The quests are now in a set order so you can obtain him in 6 days.

Note: if he's not in your town hall, use the custom group finder to visit a garrison that has him.

You need level 3 inn to get the more lucrative gold gain missions, you can see this if you look at your garrison drafting table and mouse over the inn and look at its level 3 rewards.

I believe followers gain a money trait when their item level hits certain tiers as well.

I wish making a Mechano-hog looked more profitable on Dalaran. I think I'll just make mine and move on to the next project. It looks like you only make about a 5-6K profit if it sells for what it's going for on the AH right now. There's a fixed price of the vendor components and I have no idea how much a time investment it is to gather the necessary titanium ore and crystallized elements but it doesn't look like it's worth 5-6k gold. It might be worth it if I can gather the mats purely though the AH since I can smelt the Titansteel but the largest variable there is the Crystallized Fire/Earth/Shadow needed to make Eternal Fire/Earth/Shadow for Titansteel. That 5-6k profit margin could disappear there.

Apparently Engineering is too much work to bother to level up to 300 to be able to craft and use Flying Machines. This from the person complaining about the price of Flying Machines on the AH and they're level 100, with Draenor's ridiculous profession catch-up mechanics. People are so lazy.

Meier

Does the Seal of Tempered Fate give you better quality loot from raids or just improve your chances of getting loot? It seems like very few items from many of the earlier raids are an upgrade due to the Baleful items I have.

ampere

Does the Seal of Tempered Fate give you better quality loot from raids or just improve your chances of getting loot? It seems like very few items from many of the earlier raids are an upgrade due to the Baleful items I have.

It's just another chance at loot from the boss you use it on. The loot has a chance to be warforged, have a socket, or have a tertiary just like a normal loot drop.

Meier

It's just another chance at loot from the boss you use it on. The loot has a chance to be warforged, have a socket, or have a tertiary just like a normal loot drop.

Thanks. 100% chance to get one from a mission which is probably a pretty good quality result given the actual cost of one, but the usefulness of it seems to be a bit questionable. I'll go for it anyway I suppose just in case.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Thanks. 100% chance to get one from a mission which is probably a pretty good quality result given the actual cost of one, but the usefulness of it seems to be a bit questionable. I'll go for it anyway I suppose just in case.

well, you should do it anyway to clear it out of your follower missions

but its only for Blackrock Foundry and before.

ampere

Yeah those are the "old" seals from the first tier of the expac. I definitely do not recommend spending gold on them at this point, but go for it on the Garrison missions.

Godan

So what 2 professions should i take for boosting. My main has blacksmithing and mining maxed out.

What would be useful for going into next expansion?

Tacitus_

So what 2 professions should i take for boosting. My main has blacksmithing and mining maxed out.

Foreword: You should wait until we've got more info about professions

Tailoring + Enchanting will most likely be a sure bet for self sustaining money making. Alchemy will also most likely make steady money since potions will always be needed. If gathering professions make a comeback, double gathering (generally mining + herbing) will also make money, but you need to spend time going in circles in the world.

Tenebrous

Impossible to say for sure, but I'm going to say Inscription & Enchanting. The amount of money I made at the start of the expansion with Darkmoon cards was pretty damn insane. People are more willing to drop 50k+ on a DMF deck as, historically, it'll last them longer than other craftables.

Wow, you can upgrade your orange ring for 1250 Valor now. Mythic dungeons are going to be popping off for the rest of the expac.

TBH I'm not sure how I feel about this, even though I knew it was coming. Given that I have a maxed ring already. I guess useful as a grindy catchup for alts, but I'm not really going to be working on any alts the rest of the expansion unless I had to for some reason. Still have to do the crappy tomes step without any catchup mechanism for those characters without the legendary already.

That's ridiculous. I walk into dungeons as a 711 tank in 50% PvP gear and no-one batters an eyelid. The PvP gear is great.

Anyway, my Heart of Fear runs. After 18~ runs I have...

The crafting mats for all 4 of the non-epic JC mounts (20 of each gem, 16 living steel, 8 serpents eye)
25x Serpent's Eye
300x Green qualitry MoP gems
37x Non-mount blue gems
34x Spirit of Harmony (used over 60 to get the Steel)
425x Exotic Leather
755x Windwool Cloth
29,840 gold - Sold 11 Living Steel Bars & 100 Trillium Bars. Rest is entirely from vendors/looting.
Total = 33-35k

Cheapest panthers on my AH are 33k each, so a 13k saving per mount, 4 times, 52k+33k leaves me having saved/made a grand total of 85k.

Can't moan with that, honestly! Now all I have to do is do it all again so I can get me the epic (although I'm in no rush seeing how the 4 blue mounts will get me to 250).

I want to knock out the rest of the Panthers for my mount count. I'm at like 194. You got any tips on running heart of fear solo?

Tenebrous

I want to knock out the rest of the Panthers for my mount count. I'm at like 194. You got any tips on running heart of fear solo?

Just pop the potion at the very end of the first run, rather than at the start. If you're a (Prot) Warrior, spec for Bladestorm, Ravager, and Shockwave. Speed buffs are your friend (being engineer/Warrior[charge/leap] really helps).

Given that flight will likely be gated behind a series of end-game achievements in legion just as it was in Warlords, I'd say Engineering, if only for Goblin Gliders and capes tinkered with re-usable parachutes. These things help me circumvent a lot of the environment when i don't feel like running my ground mount through a bunch of mobs.

Kurita

Nearly every aspect of the game has changed in one way or another over the past few expansions, the degree of those changes and how big or small they are really just come down to what you care about personally.
Well personally I loved battlegrounds so I was wondering if PvP in general has been tweaked since Cataclysm.

Sioen

For some reason I seem to have frame rate drops to the 40s in the "capital cities" of wod. The same is happening in ashran. Any way to remedy this except to put everything on low since it is only there? In the world I can play pretty much on the highest settings except hbao+.
I have a nvidia 970m with 16gb ram.

Just pop the potion at the very end of the first run, rather than at the start. If you're a (Prot) Warrior, spec for Bladestorm, Ravager, and Shockwave. Speed buffs are your friend (being engineer/Warrior[charge/leap] really helps).
So you're running in up to the first boss, killing all the trash, not the boss, and resetting right?

Lomax

For some reason I seem to have frame rate drops to the 40s in the "capital cities" of wod. The same is happening in ashran. Any way to remedy this except to put everything on low since it is only there? In the world I can play pretty much on the highest settings except hbao+.
I have a nvidia 970m with 16gb ram.

At a certain point, enough characters and mounts rendering will slow any system. As long as it doesn't impact you any where else I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Tenebrous

So you're running in up to the first boss, killing all the trash, not the boss, and resetting right?

Pretty much. There's one pack right at the back (you'll know which I mean) that triggers the boss & makes the zone unescapable, though. Just do one run to see which I mean, and then you'll be set for any number ofo runs after that.

Goddamn Ulduar, it's been like 6 weeks and you still haven't dropped the last piece (chest) I need for transmog.

I want to go back to using a Yogg lockout rather than full-clearing :(

I mean technically I could already I suppose for my other characters, but I was determined to finish this transmog set first.

Well another day no Belf battle chicken from Magister's Terrace. no Ashes of Al'ar from Tempest Keep, no Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls but I am 2k away from being able to build my Mechano-hog after a tough slog of a day and a half of farming mats and gold for it*.

* That's sarcasm, I read how much of a time and gold sink crafting a Mechano-hog used to be. Now it takes almost no time to farm and build one.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well another day no Belf battle chicken from Magister's Terrace. no Ashes of Al'ar from Tempest Keep, no Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls but I am 2k away from being able to build my Mechano-hog after a tough slog of a day and a half of farming mats and gold for it*.

* That's sarcasm, I read how much of a time and gold sink crafting a Mechano-hog used to be. Now it takes almost no time to farm and build one.

Haha, I remember when that was a top tier mount and status symbol.

ampere

I wanted the Chopper so bad in WotLK, but I could never afford it. When I finally had enough gold, I bought the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth instead because the vendors were way too useful. Crafted myself one sometime in Cata.

Still love the Chopper though.

Lomax

Nothing beats the period of time where the motorcycles were vehicles, used to love being able to jump off of anything in it and some of the other crazy stuff you could do.

ampere

Nothing beats the period of time where the motorcycles were vehicles, used to love being able to jump off of anything in it and some of the other crazy stuff you could do.

I was so envious. People jumping off Dalaran (or any high height) in their mount and only the mount "died" lol. Then mount back up and you're good to go

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I remember that time years ago when frost mages could rename their frost elementals.

Haa... what a fun, very short, time that was. Until Blizzard decided that mages couldn't have the same fun as hunters with their pet names.

Well I still have Heroic 25 man Firelands and a few WotLK dungeons to run tonight, I may get enough to finish that Mechano-hog tonight. I want to have a cool ground mount for Legion.

Flying motorcycle and a hot Belf Lady in your side car, what more could you ask for?

Edit:
Fuck yeah, cleared out my Reagent Tab and dumped a bunch of stuff on to the AH. A bunch of it sold and now I can finish buying up the parts for my Mechano-hog.

xg4MNlV.jpg

Top Bottom