• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

I bought a Destroyer because I barely raid anymore and don't have anything else to spend gold on.

Ironhoof? It's a gorgeous mount. I don't regret the
I spent on mine at all.

Server goes down in 3 minutes for a restart. I need 2 tomes from 3 LFR bosses, and the wing will take me from 4900 valor to a capped 5k... Needless to say, I really wanna get it this week.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ironhoof? It's a gorgeous mount. I don't regret the
I spent on mine at all.

Server goes down in 3 minutes for a restart. I need 2 tomes from 3 LFR bosses, and the wing will take me from 4900 valor to a capped 5k... Needless to say, I really wanna get it this week.

Yeah, I think I partially bought it due to regret of quitting my raid guild the week I was supposed to be the Scorpion from SOO.

May buy the Archimonde one before the expansions over as well. Or I may be seriously raiding again and get it that way. Who knows.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Flying motorcycle and a hot Belf Lady in your side car, what more could you ask for?

Edit:
Fuck yeah, cleared out my Reagent Tab and dumped a bunch of stuff on to the AH. A bunch of it sold and now I can finish buying up the parts for my Mechano-hog.

Congrats on the hog! But Belf Lady? My quest version had a Belf Male.

----

Also, Darkmoon Faire is GOAT for fishing. Holy hell.

I don't pretend to understand everyone's obsession with Primal Fire and Khorium Bars--is everyone making turbo charged flying machines I never see anyone else using?--but I am thankful for it. I almost have enough gold for my level 3 garrison thanks to Burning Crusade mats.

Congrats on the hog! But Belf Lady? My quest version had a Belf Male.

That's kind of the joke, the orc thought he was a hot Belf chick.

Also, Darkmoon Faire is GOAT for fishing. Holy hell.

The feast you can make using only Daggermaw dresses up everyone who eats the feast so they look like they're from Gilneas with jaunty little tophats for 30 mins.

Granadier

That's kind of the joke, the orc thought he was a hot Belf chick.

The feast you can make using only Daggermaw dresses up everyone who eats the feast so they look like they're from Gilneas with jaunty little tophats for 30 mins.

Oooooh, I should have picked the Belf then.

Damnit, I want this stupid Fish Hat. 0.02% drop rate can suck it.

I'm so behind the curve on evenything in WoD. Timewalking events are neat. I was really enjoying myself playing through the WotLK dungeons again so soon, at a level appropriate, err, level, I got some nice upgrades and was able to use the timewalking currency to get a few more. It's fucking neat.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I did Ulduar yesterday with my fresh lvl 100 DK to get the final part of the T8 set, and thought "why not kill the last boss? might get the mount even if I wasn't lucky in the past".

Well, what do you know? It dropped. Never give up I guess.

Zelias

Banned
Timewalking event comes at a good time, I'm potentially looking to gear up a Holy Paladin as a backup healer for my guild, heh.

ZenaxPure

Timewalking event comes at a good time, I'm potentially looking to gear up a Holy Paladin as a backup healer for my guild, heh.

Yeah I just leveled up a few more characters through RAF (couldn't resist the $5 xmas sale since I wanted one of the mounts) so I am going to be hitting it pretty hard. It's pretty good for getting a starting set of gear considering you can run 1 dungeon and get like half a set just from time-warped badges.

I did Ulduar yesterday with my fresh lvl 100 DK to get the final part of the T8 set, and thought "why not kill the last boss? might get the mount even if I wasn't lucky in the past".

Well, what do you know? It dropped. Never give up I guess.

Here I am 77+ kills in no dice.

2-handed weapons and shamans are a thing? I just got my first munificent armament from a follower mission for my Elemental Shaman and I got a 2-handed staff as a "class appropriate" weapon. I've always used 1-handed weapons and a shield.

Tenebrous

Well, buy some Crystallized Fel ?

Can't buy them until you have the ring.

Yeah I just leveled up a few more characters through RAF (couldn't resist the $5 xmas sale since I wanted one of the mounts) so I am going to be hitting it pretty hard. It's pretty good for getting a starting set of gear considering you can run 1 dungeon and get like half a set just from time-warped badges.

Hell, one dungeon should see you get a full set from a single dungeon if you can wait for the Cata/TBC vendors to come around. That's why (almost) all my alts are 675+ now.

Lomax

2-handed weapons and shamans are a thing? I just got my first munificent armament from a follower mission for my Elemental Shaman and I got a 2-handed staff as a "class appropriate" weapon. I've always used 1-handed weapons and a shield.

It's just easier to give all casters a staff because there's no offhand armament. What I found surprising was how many caster fist weapon treasures they made.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Don't worry, Mimiron is the new Ashes anyways

At least Tempest Keep takes 10 mins to do. Ulduar though? God damn. Glad I'm not doing this anymore. The first boss takes forever to reach with these slow vehicles.

Sucks that I still have ICC and DS(especially DS) to deal with it.

Tenebrous

At least Tempest Keep takes 10 mins to do. Ulduar though? God damn. Glad I'm not doing this anymore. The path to the first boss is always annoying to do.

Same here, but I've started to lockout share a LK & Deathwing 10N save, now that I have both 12B & Lifebinders.

Invincible is the one I REALLY want to get out of the way.

Robin64

At least Tempest Keep takes 10 mins to do. Ulduar though? God damn. Glad I'm not doing this anymore. The first boss takes forever to reach with these slow vehicles.

Because I've been doing hard mode, I was just getting on a bike and driving at full speed to the boss, ready to die so the vehicles are lined up outside his arena. Didn't just make the boss easy on his hard mode, also felt super quick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't do more than one weekly raid farm at a time. I've got 13 100s to get through them with and even with lockout sharing, it takes forever and I ain't got the time or desire

I lockout share so I only have to do Yogg. Getting there is like 1/3 of the time it takes to kill though.

Sometimes I run DS, but it's so annoying I'll only do it on my main.

Can't be assed to do Tempest Keep cause of the travel and RP time.

I should work on Onyxia again, but traveling there is 2x-3x as long as the kill, at least.

I try to focus on only one raid at a time so I don't burnout though, hence Ulduar at the moment. Run 5-6 chars each week. Might level some more though.

Already have Invincible and the Firelands mounts, so I don't have to worry about those slogs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
speak of the devil
XSrv7wG.jpg

my long national nightmare is over

Granadier

Why's that? I just recently took up fishing and it's boring, but I want the crimson strider mount. What does DMF do for fishing?

It's probably more that I am on my new server and just made my first 1k gold, but the Threshers and Crates that are fished up have good loot and gold in them. Lots of fun toys and cosmetics to get too.

speak of the devil
XSrv7wG.jpg

my long national nightmare is over

Holy shit. Congrats.

Im still on the hunt for Mimi too. The only other raid mounts Im missing is the one from the northrend pvp area and hand maiden. Im quite burnt out on DS though since it took forever to get blazing drake.

I at 238 mounts and need a bunch from the argent crusade still. I should be able to get to 250 pretty quickly. I dont care about 300 because the Mist dragon mounts dont do anything for me.

Tenebrous

Im still on the hunt for Mimi too. The only other raid mounts Im missing is the one from the northrend pvp area and hand maiden. Im quite burnt out on DS though since it took forever to get blazing drake.

I at 238 mounts and need a bunch from the argent crusade still. I should be able to get to 250 pretty quickly. I dont care about 300 because the Mist dragon mounts dont do anything for me.

Yeah the 300 mount reward is atrocious. Lord of the Reigns title would've been better...

Once I finish the stables, I should be on 255, and that's without 2 tournament mounts, 7 store mounts, no CE mounts, no Onyx panther or MOP Engi mounts, no invasion mounts, and no rare spawn mounts. I could press for 300, but the reward is so shit, I'd rather save my gold & money.

Meier

I don't do more than one weekly raid farm at a time. I've got 13 100s to get through them with and even with lockout sharing, it takes forever and I ain't got the time or desire

...13? O_O I guess those are across various servers? Or did they up the limit of 10 characters per server?

It's crazy the difference 50-70 item levels make. I went from racing Shannox in 25-man Heroic Firelands to see what would win out, my burst damage or his pets stun lock, to just melting him and shrugging off most damage. Got some LFR shoulder armor as well as time walking vendor armor to replace all of my quest gear from running 5 time walking dungeons and completing the garrison quest. Now I can start queuing for Dreanor Heroic dungeons.

Tenebrous

I'm not a gear whore by any means, but two weeks straight without a single upgrade from Mythics is kinda deflating. At least these 710+ groups beat them fast.

Gear is progression at this point, if you're not getting anything new for weeks you're sort of just spinning your wheels. It's understandable to feel somewhat frustrated.

A while back I was questioning why anyone would bother with rep grinding if there wasn't a mount walled behind exalted with a certain faction, but already I feel some insidious, compulsive need to start filling bars and I've only had this toon at 100 for a short while.

Tenebrous

Especially when I want to start raiding HFC this month. Wonder how hard it'll be to find a guild that needs a tank, and that will take one that hasn't tanked a proper (non-LFR) raid since ICC/RS.

Tenebrous

Oooh a shield from UBRS Mythic!
That's worse than the blue PvP shield, even with 2x upgrades on it... Anything over the 685 baseline would've been an upgrade, but nope!

biaxident

Been doing more and more pvp lately and its been pretty fun. I'm gearing up an arms warrior but man ashran really sucks for melee, so I leveled my priest and got it geared up with full pvp greens pretty quickly through ashran. Feels like such missed potential with ashran, I kinda wish killing the boss would be more than just complete zerg he dies in 4 secs and run away. Blizz got really lazy on pvp lately.

Anyone know any Arms warrior streamers who dont run with pocket heals for everything? Been watching some luxely vids for priest bgs and its pretty cool, no pocket heals or dps so he sometimes gets completely wrecked lol. Plus the dude is hilarious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Life as a third-shift/night time worker and playing WoW is a hard life. Pretty much all the openraid stuff I want to do is while I'm working. And Group Finder is always a huge gamble if there's anything interesting up at the hours I'm playing.

Tenebrous

Life as a third-shift/night time worker and playing WoW is a hard life. Pretty much all the openraid stuff I want to do is while I'm working. And Group Finder is always a huge gamble if there's anything interesting up at the hours I'm playing.

Tell me about it. I'd prefer to find a nighttime guild (it's 05:14 here in the UK), but it'll be hard...

Top Bottom