• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Haven't been able to bring myself to log on for anymore than doing my daily garrison gold collecting for weeks now. Gave up on mount farming for now, can't bring myself to do timewalking for the 500 token turn in, even though I'm only 1000 away from a mount. Just find other games much more interesting right now.

At least the mounts will always be there when I come back full-time to play my DH. Tokens have been great though, keeps me subscribed. I'd have just cancelled otherwise.

Also got the second Darkmoon mount today, never have to do that again! Well, until they introduce another one, I suppose.

You literally just have to go to Dalaran and turn a quest in.

Im still on the hunt for Mimi too. The only other raid mounts Im missing is the one from the northrend pvp area and hand maiden. Im quite burnt out on DS though since it took forever to get blazing drake.

I at 238 mounts and need a bunch from the argent crusade still. I should be able to get to 250 pretty quickly. I dont care about 300 because the Mist dragon mounts dont do anything for me.

Is there a good way to farm the tournament mounts that's efficient?

I need to figure out how to make my group finder posts more sexy. Hard to find people to come do N ToT. I just want to make my monk less hideous.

10 Ultraxions. 3 Experiments. Dragon Soul pls.

Are you using the lockout method like the one used for ICC? I may put experiment on my list.

Any one have any suggestions for soloing spine?

Tenebrous

Are you using the lockout method like the one used for ICC? I may put experiment on my list.

Any one have any suggestions for soloing spine?

Get the old raid timer or use the stopwatch so you can kill the flaily thing just before the roll, giving you the max amount of time to kite & kill the amalgamation... Can't think of anything other than that - It's a pretty easy encounter.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just keep moving left and right on both of his sides and kill adds until the main mob get to a stack of 9. Not really hard, just annoying to do.

It's honesty more annoying to do with 2 people because there is always one of those tentacles that will stun both of you for 20-30 secs at least twice during the fight just to piss you off so you can slowly die if you don't have spells to break the stun.

Robin64

Yeah, just keep dancing back and forth over the center line and you don't even need to worry about that part in your head anymore.

Lomax

So heres my accountant mod. All of this is from 5 100s sitting in the garrison and doing the winter veil dailies and selling everything on the AH. The only big splurge in income was me getting 2 grumpus mounts and selling 1 for 50k. This is since Oct 13.

edit: Unknown is gold from naval missions and merchant gold is from selling crap from salvage crates.
Cf8dILO.jpg

So some quick and dirty math says you average about 650g per day per character from the garrison just in gold. Which really doesn't seem that crazy, yeah. Surprising to see it add up so quickly.

Not really. Im doing it on 2 characters so I dont have to unlock all 5 factions on all them. the only tips I can think of is use a range class with an instant ability because youre 1 shotting everything and when jousting, go in with 3 charges, as soon as you initiate a challenge, run away from them so you can use shield break right away, it makes the fights go quicker. Dont bother using a mount to take out the lieutenants/champions, you do so much damage you easily kill them through their shield.

Also, if you have a mage, teleporting to dalaran frequently greatly cuts down on travel time. But there is still a stupid amount of travel time when you have to free the frozen chick or kiss the frogs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really need a way to queue for dungeons/BGs as one character while playing another. I"m sure it would require an insane reconstruction of the entire login system, but I Really need it.

ampere

So we were chain running Timewalking last night, probably did 15 dungeons, and 2 of my guildies got the mount. Had never seen it drop before, so jelly.

I really need a way to queue for dungeons/BGs as one character while playing another. I"m sure it would require an insane reconstruction of the entire login system, but I Really need it.

Nah it just requires multiple accounts lol. Have some guildies who do that

So some quick and dirty math says you average about 650g per day per character from the garrison just in gold. Which really doesn't seem that crazy, yeah. Surprising to see it add up so quickly.

Im surprised at the 390 thousand in AH sales. 50k was from a grumpus and probably 20-25 from winter viel, so just over 300k from selling missions rewards, stuff from salvage crates, and consumables like draenic dust or savage blood bought with primal spirits from missions

Shahadan

or just install Flash Taskbar and return to windows instead! Play a windowed steam game!

Granadier

Had the pleasure of queuing with a Druid/Priest combo that were running tank and heals. Levels 68 and 70 in Mana Tombs. Tank started fucking off and after one comment about it, flipped out and started insulting everyone while going back to the entrance. Promptly got kicked and that's when we found out that heals was his wife and RAFing with him. Then the PM's started, included these wonderful bits.

"We are 40 and 45 with no kids."
"That was my husband you ass. We are RAFing"
"I'm using recruit a friend. I'll be 90 by the end of the day bud."
"Tanks and heals are the backbone of dungeons, and you should respect them. You'll be sorry."

giphy.gif

Edwardo

Had the pleasure of queuing with a Druid/Priest combo that were running tank and heals. Levels 68 and 70 in Mana Tombs. Tank started fucking off and after one comment about it, flipped out and started insulting everyone while going back to the entrance. Promptly got kicked and that's when we found out that heals was his wife and RAFing with him. Then the PM's started, included these wonderful bits.

"Tanks and heals are the backbone of dungeons, and you should respect them. You'll be sorry."

https://media.giphy.com/media/10sXTCdlsdKn8k/giphy.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lmao. It's pretty crazy how ridiculous some people are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, this hunter in my Timewalking group has the most big dick dps I think I've ever seen comparatively.

He doesn't even have a 4 piece but he's got the cloak, the ring, and a main hand with the sha-touched gem and he's just destroying everything

Any suggestions for 4 piece sets for a blood DK I time walking? I have the cloak, ring and Shadowmourne but want to get kind of ridiculous with it when it comes to a bonus set and gems.

Lomax

If you're looking for least time spent (rather than fewest days) just skip the ones that take a lot of travel. If you have your hearth there or are just parked there, you can pop on, crank out the fast ones in a couple minutes, and move on. That's what I did during Wrath days. It will take more total days, but the amount of actual time spent won't be nearly as bad and it makes doing multiple toons much more tolerable. You could probably push three toons through the fast ones in the amount of time it takes one toon do to all of them, which is a much faster rate of marks per time spent.

Granadier

No, you have to do a dungeon, then go to Dalaran and turn a quest in.

Dungeon would take like 20 minutes, that's about the limit of my tolerance for WOW right now :lol

You're right, my bad. I was confused about the requirements for that quest.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

giphy.gif

How does the first and third quotes have anything do with the fact the tank got kicked? lol

Granadier

How does the first and third quotes have anything do with the fact the tank got kicked? lol

Those are just from the stream of PM's I got from the two of them after we kicked the tank. It went on for about five minutes. The shit they were saying made no sense.

ampere

https://media.giphy.com/media/10sXTCdlsdKn8k/giphy.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol

One of the reasons I almost exclusively play tank, I never want to deal with randoms tanks. Whenever I heal it's always annoying to get big ego tanks who actually aren't good

JSoup

Banned

giphy.gif

I would have tossed them on ignore after the second message.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

giphy.gif

thats hilarious. i always throw those types of conversations if i have them on my web site.

Meier

Did Pit of Saron last night in one of those Timewarp dungeons. Man, I forgot what a massive fucking pain that dungeon is. I forgot all of it at first but it would come back to me as I was dying (lol). They're all such cake nowadays in comparison.

I got 500 points at the end plus the random bonus. I went from having all exotic gear and getting that achievement shortly prior to going to the dungeon to getting a new blue gun and then went to Dalaran and ended up replacing 4 pieces of my gear with blues which was a little bit depressing, haha. Did get my ilvl up to 678.. not too bad for just being back for 10 days or so. I saved my Baleful items since I'll probably bump one of those up to 695 or whatever it is when I hit 20k apexis crystals.

Unfortunately since I'd already killed the Flamebender when I went back I couldn't get the quest item I needed for the 3rd chapter of the legendary ring quest which kinda sucked. I thought I'd at least be able to loot a quest item.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lothar/Meier/simple

Those piddly caches of garrison resources you can gather from treasure chests weren't worth anything on my last toon, but they've been super helpful as I try to get enough garrison resources for my level 3 garrison upgrade on this new one. Every time I clear a zone's questing I make sure to pop over to Warspear and buy the treasure map from the Arrakoan vendor.

Those piddly caches of garrison resources you can gather from treasure chests weren't worth anything on my last toon, but they've been super helpful as I try to get enough garrison resources for my level 3 garrison upgrade on this new one. Every time I clear a zone's questing I make sure to pop over to Warspear and buy the treasure map from the Arrakoan vendor.

You can also get Handy Notes - Draenor Treasures, and it'll populate your map with everything you need to know, including rares and such.

But yeah, that's part of why I leveled nearly every alt to at least 92 early on to get garrison resources flowing, even if slowly. Only ones that don't are my priest (90) and my paladin (~45, bank alt).

You can also get Handy Notes - Draenor Treasures, and it'll populate your map with everything you need to know, including rares and such.

But yeah, that's part of why I leveled nearly every alt to at least 92 early on to get garrison resources flowing, even if slowly. Only ones that don't are my priest (90) and my paladin (~45, bank alt).

Once I clear all of the treasures and there are rares I want to track and farm, I'll download that add-on.

Is there any sort of cap in place on the resources you earn? Do you have to remember to log-in every now and then to gather them?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Once I clear all of the treasures and there are rares I want to track and farm, I'll download that add-on.

Is there any sort of cap in place on the resources you earn? Do you have to remember to log-in every now and then to gather them?

the only caps to be aware of are:

10k hard cap
incrementally growing cache which taps out at 500 (can be expanded to 1000 with rep with 2k gold cost). it is in your garrison

you have to offload resources as you get higher to the cap, you will lose out on anything if you hit 10k.

the only caps to be aware of are:

10k hard cap
incrementally growing cache which taps out at 500 (can be expanded to 1000 with rep with 2k gold cost). it is in your garrison

you have to offload resources as you get higher to the cap, you will lose out on anything if you hit 10k.

Thanks for the information, I don't think I want to deal with a second garrison, even if it's just periodically logging in to collect resources, until this Shaman's is properly kitted out and I can funnel its resources into other toons. I don't want to have parallel grinds.

Tenebrous

Thanks for the information, I don't think I want to deal with a second garrison, even if it's just periodically logging in to collect resources, until this Shaman's is properly kitted out and I can funnel its resources into other toons. I don't want to have parallel grinds.

What I do is get all my Garrison cache's in unison. Then, when my Warrior's cache is full, I'll go loot it on my alts. Once I get to a decent amount (say, 5k resources), I build a trading post, buy as many sacks of gold as I can, and just loot them over and over.

50 resources = 15gold, so 5000 resources is 1.5k. Do that 13 times, and you're looking at just under 20k for looting your caches twice a week for 5 weeks.

^^LOL! Just confirmed that Enhancement will be the last spec I work on with my Shaman. Are the even changing the color of the magma hammer to match the main at all? Give the fire blue or green tints?

What I do is get all my Garrison cache's in unison. Then, when my Warrior's cache is full, I'll go loot it on my alts. Once I get to a decent amount (say, 5k resources), I build a trading post, buy as many sacks of gold as I can, and just loot them over and over.

50 resources = 15gold, so 5000 resources is 1.5k. Do that 13 times, and you're looking at just under 20k for looting your caches twice a week for 5 weeks.

I think once I exhaust WoD's content, finish off my Loremaster run for WotLK (only two zones left), Cata and MoP and only have transmog and mount farming left to do with this Shaman, I'll grind up my other toons and start to do stuff like that.

I know I don't earn as much gold from questing, selling off trash, farming older rare mats for the AH, running Heroic dungeons and 25man Heroic raids but I enjoy that stuff more and cash flow doesn't feel like it's an impediment right now.

Syf

Banned
Hey all, got a question for you. I still have a lv 100 token from the Legion pre-order and decided I want a toon that can solo old content quickly. So decent AOE and some sort of speed boost would be great, but I don't know the classes too well since I only really got into the game late last year. What's a good quick solo class for running those old dungeons & raids?

Already have warlock btw.

Tenebrous

Hey all, got a question for you. I still have a lv 100 token from the Legion pre-order and decided I want a toon that can solo old content quickly. So decent AOE and some sort of speed boost would be great, but I don't know the classes too well since I only really got into the game late last year. What's a good quick solo class for running those old dungeons & raids?

Already have warlock btw.

Funny that... Now that all my alts are in 670-690 gear, I was going to do a list of which toons I thought did the job best. Considering all 3 minute cooldowns reset after a boss is defeated, I'd recommend in this order, or something like this.

Feral Druid
Good-great cooldowns, good AoE, great mobility, strong burst.

Frost DK
Good cooldowns, great AoE, decent mobility, strong burst.

Enhancement Shaman
Great cooldowns (Lust every fight), decent AoE, good mobility, strong burst.

Frost Mage
Great cooldowns, good AoE, great mobility, great burst. (Terrible healing).

Ret Paladin
Decent cooldowns, decent AoE, good mobility, good burst.

My Warrior is too far ahead of them to compare, but is, from what I remember, a great soloer at that sort of iLvl. From what I've played, I'd suggest making a feral. Firstly, if you don't like feral, you can always go Balance/Resto/Guaradian at a later date, so that's nice. Most important, though, is that Incarnation is absolutely ridiculous.

640 ilvl with the 100 boost might make the Mage's self-healing a non-issue. Wouldn't it be shrugging off a lot of damage, even from 25 Cata heroics?

Tenebrous

640 ilvl with the 100 boost might make the Mage's self-healing a non-issue. Wouldn't it be shrugging off a lot of damage, even from 25 Cata heroics?

Even at 680, Staghelm can be a bit of a bitch on 25hc. I need to use glyphed Ice block > Snap > Ice block to survive long enough to do the damage needed. Feral can do it all in 640 gear - No mage could.

Combat Rogue would also be near the top, but it's just so damn boring to play.

Another thing about Feral/DK is that they'll be the ones most likely to be able to solo MoP content with lower item levels, without having to regear to go Guardian/Blood. Going into Legion, I can't imagine that changing much.

Syf

Banned
Funny that... Now that all my alts are in 670-690 gear, I was going to do a list of which toons I thought did the job best. Considering all 3 minute cooldowns reset after a boss is defeated, I'd recommend in this order, or something like this.

Feral Druid
Good-great cooldowns, good AoE, great mobility, strong burst.

Frost DK
Good cooldowns, great AoE, decent mobility, strong burst.

Enhancement Shaman
Great cooldowns (Lust every fight), decent AoE, good mobility, strong burst.

Frost Mage
Great cooldowns, good AoE, great mobility, great burst. (Terrible healing).

Ret Paladin
Decent cooldowns, decent AoE, good mobility, good burst.

My Warrior is too far ahead of them to compare, but is, from what I remember, a great soloer at that sort of iLvl. From what I've played, I'd suggest making a feral. Firstly, if you don't like feral, you can always go Balance/Resto/Guaradian at a later date, so that's nice. Most important, though, is that Incarnation is absolutely ridiculous.
Perfect, thanks a lot.

I fucking love Timewalking dungeons! On one hand it's fun to play through older dungeons at the appropriate level and on the other I've gained 100 ilvls through dropped gear and gear purchased from the Timewalking vendor.

While my Shaman is 100, I'm still playing through WoD's questing content--partially through Spires--and won't be hitting Tanaan anytime soon but that doesn't matter because I've hit 650 ilvl purely through Timewalking. And the queue times have been insanely low.

Tenebrous

Yeah, it's hard to find any faults with Timewalking. That & Mythic dungeons are the two things from Warlords that I hope they double down on in the future.

Zelias

Banned
Timewalking is indeed super fun. I wouldn't mind seeing it extended to raids either although I imagine that's a way off yet.

Mythic Dungeons are also good, although it looks like they're being replaced by that Greater Rift-esque system in Legion? If it keeps dungeons relevant through the expansion that'd be nice, especially if the loot stacks up against raiding.

Top Bottom