• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

phierce

Life as a third-shift/night time worker and playing WoW is a hard life. Pretty much all the openraid stuff I want to do is while I'm working. And Group Finder is always a huge gamble if there's anything interesting up at the hours I'm playing.
What's your gear/experience?
(Experience mainly)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Anyone know any Arms warrior streamers who dont run with pocket heals for everything? Been watching some luxely vids for priest bgs and its pretty cool, no pocket heals or dps so he sometimes gets completely wrecked lol. Plus the dude is hilarious.

Bajheera plays arms and he's pretty damn good.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a fast way to get a full team of followers to 675, or is it just down to luck and hoping you get a lot of these upgrade items from missions, bunker/war mill & salvage yard + spending thousands of gold on these 645 boosts if you ever feel the need to waste money on that for 25 followers?

I also got Pit of Saron yesterday as a timewalking dungeon. Was almost as tough as back in the day. Here's hoping Halls of Reflection never make it to timewalking, or there is going to be a lot of ragequits.

Tacitus_

Is there a fast way to get a full team of followers to 675, or is it just down to luck and hoping you get a lot of these upgrade items from missions, bunker/war mill & salvage yard + spending thousands of gold on these 645 boosts if you ever feel the need to waste money on that for 25 followers?
I think that's pretty much it. Frozen Arms of a Hero gives +50 ilvl to followers, but that costs money.
I also got Pit of Saron yesterday as a timewalking dungeon. Was almost as tough as back in the day. Here's hoping Halls of Reflection never make it to timewalking, or there is going to be a lot of ragequits.

Yeeaah. I had to do that twice to get my 5 dungeons done. First went fine, in the 2nd, the tank died once to the first boss and twice to the last. Luckily I play a warlock...

strafer

Major spoolers;
Legion Pre-Launch Quests - Varian's Funeral Demon Attack
Legion - Durotar - Vol'jin's Funeral

take with a bag of salt though

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've seen it mentioned/implied that Vol'Jin's fate is unclear, at least. We know Sylvanas becomes Warchief in his absence, so the funeral may be because everyone thinks he's dead.

#keephopealive

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Except we already know that the intro to Legion quest says Varian is dead, but they showed a zone cinematic storyboard for Legion where he's fighting against demons with Mekkatorque and shit.

It is the least believable "twist" ever. It's like thinking Anduin was dead because of the Pandaria intro.

Lomax

I'm regretting not buying a bunch of the frozen arms when they got below 500g each on my server. I'd go so far as to say that having a bunker/war mill is basically mandatory because I'm finding it insanely slow on my character without it, even with the salvage yard.

It's sort of like the guides that say "get 6 followers with resource boosting and 10 with treasure hunter" as if that's not a 4 month long endeavor. It seems pretty clear that the window for setting up profitable garrisons before legion and benefiting significantly from them has pretty much passed. Which in a way I'm glad for, because it keeps me from investing too much time into it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Garrosh should have lived and Thrall should have died.

I miss Garrosh... Well, I miss Cataclysm Garrosh. Fuck Vol'jin, Gazlowe and Sylvannas. And nobody cares about Baine one way or the other. Lor'themar is ok but also traitor scum.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Garrosh was garbage from day one. Whiny bitch in Nagrand that immediately became a stubborn asshole. You know as soon as you see him talking shit to Saurfang in the beginning of WOTLK that he's gonna stay shit-tier forever.

Vol'Jin is the hero we deserve.

I hope they kill Thrall off but they'll probably make him Warchief again after they're through with Sylvanas being Garrosh 2.0 and turn her into the Lich Queen for the next expansion. Or maybe even a Legion raid.

The idea of Garrosh post-Burning Crusade was good, he was a source of antagonism within the Horde and with the Alliance, but the execution of that idea was less than ideal. Maybe they'll get it right with Sylvanas. You can't trust The Forsaken or Sylvanas' motivations, if you're Horde or Alliance.

I'm regretting not buying a bunch of the frozen arms when they got below 500g each on my server. I'd go so far as to say that having a bunker/war mill is basically mandatory because I'm finding it insanely slow on my character without it, even with the salvage yard.

It's sort of like the guides that say "get 6 followers with resource boosting and 10 with treasure hunter" as if that's not a 4 month long endeavor. It seems pretty clear that the window for setting up profitable garrisons before legion and benefiting significantly from them has pretty much passed. Which in a way I'm glad for, because it keeps me from investing too much time into it.

Dont waste your time on +reources. That is a short term only investment that is almost useless once your garrison is running. To start, you really only need 4-6 followers with treasure hunter. You usually get 100g and a 60-75g mission, the rest are 25-50 and only 1-2 followers, so the scaling stinks. Rarely do i get a 125-200g, and blingtonrs vault only shows up about once every 2 weeks for me.

I think its still worth it to get going. I make 100-150k gold a month doing nothing but garrisons missions and selling stuff from on the ah from the missions rewards or salvage yard. It cost me a lot less than that to get 5 garrisons going. Youll be making good money in 6-8 weeks.

edit: I need to look at my accountant, but I bet that 30-40% of my gold came form selling mission rewards, maybe more. Those honor tokens sold for 10k each and I sold a lot of those.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vol'Jin is the most beta leader of all time.

Dude got his ass kicked by some random Mogu NPC. Garrosh was just if Sylvannas actually had the bravado to do what she wanted to do. 'My people first. I'll help you later'

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Vol'Jin is the most beta leader of all time.

Dude got his ass kicked by some random Mogu NPC. Garrosh was just if Sylvannas actually had the bravado to do what she wanted to do. 'My people first. I'll help you later'
This has always been the calling card of the Horde, and it becomes more preposterous over time that they'd stand together as a faction in the same way the Alliance would, particularly as their leadership changes. I would be pretty surprised if anything actually happened to remove Vol'jin from the narrative. Is there even a character who would come up from beneath him to lead the trolls?

Varian also feels like a fake out to me. He's really starting to be a well developed character, and this sort of feels like the most cheesy way to uproot any stability. I'm really confused how anything would happen with this narrative before the launch of Legion. In the cinematic we see Varian en route to the Broken Isles. None of this stuff would really line up logically...

ZenaxPure

Dont waste your time on +reources. That is a short term only investment that is almost useless once your garrison is running. To start, you really only need 4-6 followers with treasure hunter. You usually get 100g and a 60-75g mission, the rest are 25-50 and only 1-2 followers, so the scaling stinks. Rarely do i get a 125-200g, and blingtonrs vault only shows up about once every 2 weeks for me.

I think its still worth it to get going. I make 100-150k gold a month doing nothing but garrisons missions and selling stuff from on the ah from the missions rewards or salvage yard. It cost me a lot less than that to get 5 garrisons going. Youll be making good money in 6-8 weeks.

edit: I need to look at my accountant, but I bet that 30-40% of my gold came form selling mission rewards, maybe more. Those honor tokens sold for 10k each and I sold a lot of those.

Yep Yep. You still have plenty of time to make a profitable garrison, treasure hunters are all you need, any other special followers are pointless. And like hellmonkey says it's not like things only get going once you have 10+ treasure hunters, you can still rake in some cash once you have 4 or 5. Especially with how easy it has gotten over time to level/gear them up thanks to Harrison and Frozen Arms.

This has always been the calling card of the Horde, and it becomes more preposterous over time that they'd stand together as a faction in the same way the Alliance would, particularly as their leadership changes.

They toyed with this instability in 5.1 with the Blood Elf storyline as Lor'themar was talking to Varian if the Blood Elves could once again have a place in the alliance which was a neat story moment even if it wouldn't happen in-game.

Factions in general are kind of the lamest part of WoW, they always have been. They basically handwaved away the ending of WC3 in vanilla WoW since there was no real reason for like Night Elves and Orcs to ever be fighting. Honestly I wish they'd just pull the plug on the whole thing, it would be good for the game gameplay and story-wise. It's really silly considering playable characters are all considered mercenaries in 99% of situations.

Micapo

Has anyone here had Reins of the Infinite Timereaver drop?

I haven't seen anybody with it and it seems like the drop rate is ridiculously small but I still want it.

Bisnic

I haven't seen anybody with it and it seems like the drop rate is ridiculously small but I still want it.

I've seen a few people with it, but it's probably a ridiculous 1% or less chance to drop per boss, just like any other 5 mans mounts. And then you have to fight 4 other people for it through another RNG if it does happen to drop. Fun.

Micapo

My sub ran out 3 weeks ago and I almost caved and resubbed for some Northrend timewalking for badges and a miniscule chance for the mount to drop but I won't bother. Chances are just too low.

If they would cycle timewalking every week on top of apexis, skirmishes and whatnot there would be at least a little more to do.

Why, why why why why did you tell me about this mount. Shit balls. Now I have to start doing timewalking. At least I have 5 chars to do it on.

ZenaxPure

And then you have to fight 4 other people for it through another RNG if it does happen to drop. Fun.

Nah, it's personal loot.

I've seen a few people get them but I have not seen one yet and I've done ~200 timewalking dungeon runs since it was added to the game.

Bisnic

Nah, it's personal loot.

I've seen a few people get them but I have not seen one yet and I've done ~200 timewalking dungeon runs since it was added to the game.

Well hopefully that's true. Battered Hilt drop in Pit of Saron the other day and we still had to do the old "Greed/Need" roll.

Anoregon

Well hopefully that's true. Battered Hilt drop in Pit of Saron the other day and we still had to do the old "Greed/Need" roll.

It's absolutely personal loot, not a rolled drop. I mean, I don't think it's even possible to do timewalking with non-personal loot unless you have a full premade.

Bisnic

It's absolutely personal loot, not a rolled drop. I mean, I don't think it's even possible to do timewalking with non-personal loot unless you have a full premade.

My group definitely wasn't premade(other than me and my gf).

Guess Battered Hilt is just an old relic of the past that they forgot to put in the personal loot table?

ZenaxPure

Guess Battered Hilt is just an old relic of the past that they forgot to put in the personal loot table?

Correct, anything that drops from trash and such seems to just be normal loot rolls.

But I can tell you the mount is personal because in my couple hundred runs I've seen like 3 other people get the mount, there is no roll window or anything. It just popped up in the chat window saying they got it.

Anoregon

Oh, I was talking about the mount. The hilt isn't, as it's a trash drop in that dungeon and not actually part of the timewalking loot. They didn't "forget" to make it personal, it's a legacy item. It doesn't have a level 100 timewalking version.

Bisnic

Yeah, my mistake. I forgot that trash loot (greens, blues, purples) still need to do the old greed/need rolls.

Spent a bunch of time/gold optimizing garrisons today, and I'm still not quite setup due to the 1hr wait for upgrading/replacing buildings. Switched everyone to have an enchanter's hut so I can pump out orders and get more crystals. Mainly since I was able to sell one stack of 200 for like 20k.

Probably overspent on Frozen Arms though.

Might have to level a couple of my other characters to 100 for the level 3 garrison, but gearing them out to 675+ for the extra mission isn't happening, unfortunately. Far too much work.

Even Kael'thas doesn't stay dead in The Burning Crusade, you kill him at Tempest Keep and he's back lookin' like a mana crack addict with a giant fel infused gem of some sort jammed through his chest in the Magister's Terrace.

I wouldn't be surprised if he returns in Legion in the form of some Nether demon.

ampere

Even Kael'thas doesn't stay dead in The Burning Crusade, you kill him at Tempest Keep and he's back lookin' like a mana crack addict with a giant fel infused gem of some sort jammed through his chest in the Magister's Terrace.

I wouldn't be surprised if he returns in Legion in the form of some Nether demon.

Well... pretty sure he is dead dead from the second time.

But I do hate the fantasy trope of bringing characters back from the dead. Cheapens things so much

Tacitus_

That gave us "X was merely a setback!" so it wasn't all bad.
(and it was heavily hinted that he wasn't fully dead)

So heres my accountant mod. All of this is from 5 100s sitting in the garrison and doing the winter veil dailies and selling everything on the AH. The only big splurge in income was me getting 2 grumpus mounts and selling 1 for 50k. This is since Oct 13.

edit: Unknown is gold from naval missions and merchant gold is from selling crap from salvage crates.
Cf8dILO.jpg

I've stopped opening big salvage crates because I'm going to wait until the legion transmog thing launches and I'll be able to fill out a large portion of the transmog sheet just from the greens in boxes. I have 2,482 crates right now.

Going to take a while to open those...

cdyhybrid

I know the feeling. Blazing Drake will seemingly elude me forever... Still have one more toon to kill Deathwing on this reset, but damn, I know it won't drop.

iLvl 720~ is enough to tank Heroic HFC, right?

Considering Heroic Archie drops 720 loot, I'd say so :p

Tenebrous

Derp, meant Mythic.

I've stopped opening big salvage crates because I'm going to wait until the legion transmog thing launches and I'll be able to fill out a large portion of the transmog sheet just from the greens in boxes. I have 2,482 crates right now.

Going to take a while to open those...

... That sounds like hell.

cdyhybrid

Haven't been able to bring myself to log on for anymore than doing my daily garrison gold collecting for weeks now. Gave up on mount farming for now, can't bring myself to do timewalking for the 500 token turn in, even though I'm only 1000 away from a mount. Just find other games much more interesting right now.

At least the mounts will always be there when I come back full-time to play my DH. Tokens have been great though, keeps me subscribed. I'd have just cancelled otherwise.

Also got the second Darkmoon mount today, never have to do that again! Well, until they introduce another one, I suppose.

Just discovered that I need to start running the Siege of Orgrimmar because the Kor'kron Dark Shaman cosmetic set looks amazing.

Haven't been able to bring myself to log on for anymore than doing my daily garrison gold collecting for weeks now. Gave up on mount farming for now, can't bring myself to do timewalking for the 500 token turn in, even though I'm only 1000 away from a mount. Just find other games much more interesting right now.

At least the mounts will always be there when I come back full-time to play my DH. Tokens have been great though, keeps me subscribed. I'd have just cancelled otherwise.

Also got the second Darkmoon mount today, never have to do that again! Well, until they introduce another one, I suppose.

Your tokens, give them to me.

Top Bottom