• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Do you like PvP at all? There's a battleground even this week that gives a ton of bonus honor, and blue pvp honor gear is ilevel 700. It's by far the best way to gear a new character

Really wish I could be bothered with this. I'd love to do some Fire Mage PvP, but bah, random BGs.

And now for something different--if this is frowned upon I can remove the post--here's a sketch of a Goblin Hunter that I drew and inked...

tumblr_o2034152fu1r7torvo1_540.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's in the distant, distant future but I do wonder if Artifacts will carry over into the next expansion, if we'll get new ones, or if we'll go back to the old way. And if we do go back to the old way, if we'll be able to transmog artifact skins to non-artifacts.

Definitely going to be curious to see how they approach that stuff.

Shahadan

It's in the distant, distant future but I do wonder if Artifacts will carry over into the next expansion, if we'll get new ones, or if we'll go back to the old way. And if we do go back to the old way, if we'll be able to transmog artifact skins to non-artifacts.

They said we probably won't use them after Legion. Maybe hang them on a wall somewhere.

I wouldn't mind keeping them anyway. Maybe if they're super popular they'll find a way, but we all know that after a year without content everyone will hate artifacts and they'll be what killed WoW etc etc.

Got to 5,000 big crates of salvage today. So I got about 2,500 in the past month. If Legion comes out in September, and I keep doing garrison missions every day, I'll get another 17,500 crates, for a total of 22,500.

They take 1.5 seconds each to open, so that will be almost 9.5 hours of opening crates, not including the time it takes to equip stuff to unlock the transmogs and vendor junk.

xBTP1kT.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got to 5,000 big crates of salvage today. So I got about 2,500 in the past month. If Legion comes out in September, and I keep doing garrison missions every day, I'll get another 17,500 crates, for a total of 22,500.

They take 1.5 seconds each to open, so that will be almost 9.5 hours of opening crates, not including the time it takes to equip stuff to unlock the transmogs and vendor junk.

xBTP1kT.png

I do hope you have some macro or mod to open these crates automatically, or else you're going to go insane.

Edit : You need to EQUIP items so they unlock as transmogs? So if I find a bow or leather piece on my priest, I won't unlock its model for transmog?

I do hope you have some macro or mod to open these crates automatically, or else you're going to go insane.

Edit : You need to EQUIP items so they unlock as transmogs? So if I find a bow or leather piece on my priest, I won't unlock its model for transmog?

Yeah you need to be able to equip the item and it needs to be your armor class (so plate classes can't unlock cloth even if they can wear it.)

And TSM Vendoring is a godsend for this kind of thing.

strafer

xBTP1kT.png

an entire workday opening crates.

Tenebrous

Omg I could watch these artifact weapon videos all night

They all look so cool! Well except maybe sub rogues...

Sub Rogue weaps look kinda cool, I think. Much better than the Prot Warrior weap.
Yeah I'm never going to shut up about that.

Talking of Warriors, I have a question... How much of an upgrade is the heroic Worldbreaker's Resolve over the normal version for prot? Wowhead has the normal, 2/2 upgraded version as...

iLvl 715
Shield block reduces magic damage by 24.09%
Shield barrier increases armor by 24.09%

And the 2/2 upgraded heroic version...

iLvl 730
Shield block reduces magic damage by 27.70%
Shield barrier increases armor by 27.70%

And no 3.61% jokes! Because I know what you're like, tut tut. Seriously though, given a maxed uptime on active mitigation abilities, would that minor upgrade prove to be a big step up in survivability? Starting Mythic soon, and I want to know whether or not I should throw my name in the trinket hat, or let it go to a DPS as, so far, my health as a tank hasn't really been tested at all.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Yeah, I am curious to see what happens in the expansion after Legion.

Unless Legion is the last expansion!

Lomax

xBTP1kT.png

Considering the amount of time you had to have invested to set up those garrisons, 9.5 hours is nothing.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Pretty sure it's going to be something like trading the weapon in on a quest and making it be viewable on a memorial in your class order hall once done

They will probably give you an epic cosmetic weapon to transmog to but the functionality is going to be replaced with another progression system, possibly something similar like how garrisons are evolving into class order halls which seem more refined and scaled back

Damn man, that's awesome!!

Really good! I like the crab looking at him in the background lol

That is really neat. Nice job.

Thanks for the kind words. I've been getting back in drawing recently and doing fan art here and there when I can't think of anything else to draw,

Does anyone actually consider this a possibility?

It should be the last expansion for the current iteration of WoW, they need a new engine, but it won't be.

Meier

Really wish I could be bothered with this. I'd love to do some Fire Mage PvP, but bah, random BGs.

The Ashran PVP is pretty fun and you can get quite a bit of honor and conquest from it. I like it more than random BGs.. some of those random stages are fucking shit, to be honest. That weird mode with the balls and going into the middle drove me mad.

Ryaaan14

Banned

xBTP1kT.png

Fuck that.

It's laborious enough opening like 200 every couple weeks to clean the bank.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'd like someone to clear something for me.

Is there some mounts that do not count toward the collection achievement? Example :
ew1RLFM.png

When looking at my list of mounts, it says I got 270 of them, but the achievement says I only have 231. What gives? Is it not counting profession, class or faction specific mounts?

Is farming for Horde or Alliance specific mounts(like the original, PVP & Argent Tournament ones) a total waste of time then?

Is there some mounts that do not count toward the collection achievement? Example :
ew1RLFM.png

When looking at my list of mounts, it says I got 270 of them, but the achievement says I only have 231. What gives? Is it not counting profession, class or faction specific mounts?

Is farming for Horde or Alliance specific mounts(like the original, PVP & Argent Tournament ones) a total waste of time then?

http://simplearmory.com/#/

This will clear it up. Search realm, toon and you can see which mounts your toon actually has attributed to it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
6/6 zones done towards unlocking flying. I'm not enjoying the grind that's for sure, but flying really makes the game both easier and more enjoyable so it has to be done.

Lomax

ew1RLFM.png

To more specifically answer your question, your achievement total is only what applies to any one character, so yes, there's no point in doing both horde and alliance, just do one or the other. This comes from back when mounts weren't account wide. So your total mounts week always be more than what counts for the achievement.

Oh god the Ravenholdt grind is gonna be a long one. Last rep I need for The Insane.

At something like ~100 lock boxes an hour, it'll take roughly 23 hours since I have about 2300 boxes to go.

I can still kill mobs up to revered or whatever, but I figured that's less efficient than just getting extra boxes since it's 15 kills for the same rep as a box turn in (5 boxes, 75 rep) and those mobs are slow to respawn unless in a group.

Might consider paying someone 10-15g a box.

Tenebrous

Oh god the Ravenholdt grind is gonna be a long one. Last rep I need for The Insane.

At something like ~100 lock boxes an hour, it'll take roughly 23 hours since I have about 2300 boxes to go.

I can still kill mobs up to revered or whatever, but I figured that's less efficient than just getting extra boxes since it's 15 kills for the same rep as a box turn in (5 boxes, 75 rep) and those mobs are slow to respawn unless in a group.

Might consider paying someone 10-15g a box.

Friendly piece of advice - You're not going to find someone to do it for 10g a box. I was paid 40g per box in late Cata to do it for someone.

Honestly, it's a relaxing grind. Just make sure you have the right macros setup and it's not bad at all.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Loremaster and Exploration are the least grindy parts of Draenor Pathfinder. Tanaan Diplomat and Securing Draenor are my truly balls.

:(

I hope in Legion flying goes back to just being something everyone gets, and isn't gated behind a grind that makes you hate life.

Rambaldi

My job is super flexible with time off (suck it, retail!) and they were asking if any of us knew any dates we wanted soon and it killed me that I don't know when the week of Legion is going to happen. I don't want to start another speculation wave but I sincerely hope it rides on the hype of the movie (or vice versa) and we see it or at least the prepatch between May and August. Preferably earlier obviously.

Speaking of prepatches, about how early do they go onto the PTR? My memory is a bit fuzzy on these but isn't like 3 months prior to release or so usually? Which means we could possibly be seeing the world event "soon?"

idlewild_

I hope in Legion flying goes back to just being something everyone gets, and isn't gated behind a grind that makes you hate life.

They mentioned that there would still be some unlock mechanism similar to WoD, but it should be less grindy: http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/09...alks-class-halls-flying-and-more-from-legion/

Speaking of prepatches, about how early do they go onto the PTR? My memory is a bit fuzzy on these but isn't like 3 months prior to release or so usually? Which means we could possibly be seeing the world event "soon?"

PTR for 6.0 was ~2 months before launch of WoD, but that included the stat squish so it needed a bit more testing. The patch hit live ~1 month before launch.

Lomax

It's funny, after hearing all the hype and complaining, I found the "grind" for draenor flying to be relatively trivial. Maybe because I didn't rush out and try and get it the moment I hit 100, but I had it within a little over a month and the only part that really took any significant effort was Saberstalkers, and that only took me a couple of hours.

ampere

http://i.imgur.com/xBTP1kT.png[img][/QUOTE]

Delete that salvage yard and save yourself!

It's not worth the gold

Fjordson

It's funny, after hearing all the hype and complaining, I found the "grind" for draenor flying to be relatively trivial. Maybe because I didn't rush out and try and get it the moment I hit 100, but I had it within a little over a month and the only part that really took any significant effort was Saberstalkers, and that only took me a couple of hours.
Yeah, I didn't find it that bad. I think partially because questing was my main avenue for leveling in WoD, so I only had to go back and do like two quests in Nagrand for Loremaster.

After that it was simply a matter of doing the Tanaan dailies.

Robin64

So if my rogue is dual wielding crafted daggers (715, baby) does that mean I can only wear ONE piece of crafted armor? Bullshit if so.

Robin64

Yes, same thing if you have two rings.

Yeah, that limit needs to either vanish entirely in Legion, or become a bit higher. Sucks you can't make a set and wear it, you just have part of the look.

(I suppose you can make the other parts and transmog them on other gear, but blech)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you guys dig the Warlock T19?
Not much in the way of color contrast. The design also highlights the inadequacies of WoW's armor with static low-res textures, and there's lots of bad stretching, most notably on the helmet.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, that limit needs to either vanish entirely in Legion, or become a bit higher. Sucks you can't make a set and wear it, you just have part of the look.

(I suppose you can make the other parts and transmog them on other gear, but blech)

This is actually one of the things that really bugged me about the 3 armor limit. I love the look of the higher level cloth and plate sets but it seemed really pointless to level up the entire set when you couldn't wear it. This was pre 6.2 mind you, nowadays its pretty cheap obviously. Granted it seems pointless to do it until the transmog system comes out now since it will make life easier as the sets had 3 different colors as they leveled up.

Top Bottom