• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Speaking of transmog, they really should go and fix sets that are missing certain pieces like belts/boots or even chests in some cases!

Was super disappointed to learn that this set http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=929/ymirjar-lords-plate-recolor#comments lacks a belt and matching boots. I mean the recolors are in the game FFS.

Also, TSM users: WoWuction data is no longer supported so if you're like me and had it in some of your pricing operations, you need to replace it with another source. Switched most of mine to The Undermine Journal or one of the other, newer auctionDB sources.

Apathy

Ooh

CaaBeOmUkAI5M3a.png

I just want elf ears and eye brows to not clip through helmets and for long hair to show up instead of it looking like my toons have it look like they for a short hair cut

ZenaxPure

Yeah there are a bunch of sets missing random pieces, it's really annoying. The problem is especially noticeable in dungeons for Wrath/Cata where they made multiple unique sets with multiple recolors, but, a lot of the recolors aren't complete. I always wanted to put together the dragon plate set (minus the hat) from the Dragon Soul dungeons but the color I like is missing gloves.

One of those things I'd love for them to fix someday.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just want elf ears and eye brows to not clip through helmets and for long hair to show up instead of it looking like my toons have it look like they for a short hair cut

The worst is dwarves. Either it looks like their beard is completely gone, or it clips so much you're better off not showing the helm.

Other clipping I hate is the weapons and cloak... but I guess that will never be fixed. Most of my cloaks are not showing thanks to that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The helmet is great but the rest of it is passable imo

I just hope one of the top two sets isn't some Elite PVP set that will never be obtainable to me

So...

I'm thinking about resubbing. Haven't played since June 2015, but I know there's no new content.

I just want to come back and level up a new character with that fancy quest-dialogue addon.

Do we have any guilds with a decent amount of gaffers?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So...

I'm thinking about resubbing. Haven't played since June 2015, but I know there's no new content.

I just want to come back and level up a new character with that fancy quest-dialogue addon.

Do we have any guilds with a decent amount of gaffers?

Not sure about any GAF guilds that are active, but that Storyline addon makes leveling a lot more interesting. (if you're into lore at all)

Lanf

Not sure about any GAF guilds that are active, but that Storyline addon makes leveling a lot more interesting. (if you're into lore at all)

Yes, it's brilliant. Been leveling my first alliance toon in ~5 years with it and it is great to have some context to why you're doing what you're doing :)

Oh, and it als makes the quest pane readable, the default pane font is way too small to read on higher resolutions imo.

Fjordson

704 item level is high enough for Mythic dungeons, right? Been wanting to try them for a while but had to get over the 700 item lvl requirement for most runs in group finder :lol

mclem

704 item level is high enough for Mythic dungeons, right? Been wanting to try them for a while but had to get over the 700 item lvl requirement for most runs in group finder :lol

They're aimed at people with 660 iLvl.

Good old random-group inflation.

Main reason PUGs ask for a high iLvl is so they can breeze through Mythics for valor.

If you need someone to setup a group/run with you I have geared character(s) (well, DPS) on both Horde and Alliance NA servers. Just add my battletag (Quote to See - and PM me here with yours if you add me, otherwise I'll likely ignore it.)

More interested in doing Mythics on my Alliance DK than my Horde characters since she needs the Valor more, but I'm down for helping out with either pretty much whenever.

Fjordson

Sweet. Figured they were a bit inflated.

Main reason PUGs ask for a high iLvl is so they can breeze through Mythics for valor.

If you need someone to setup a group/run with you I have geared character(s) (well, DPS) on both Horde and Alliance NA servers. Just add my battletag (Quote to See - and PM me here with yours if you add me, otherwise I'll likely ignore it.)

More interested in doing Mythics on my Alliance DK than my Horde characters since she needs the Valor more, but I'm down for helping out with either pretty much whenever.
Okay cool, I may hit you up for that. My 704 warr is alliance. Will be getting my legendary ring tonight also.

frontovik

Banned
Since Blizzard is featuring Ashbringer as an Artifact, I hope they will bring back the Corrupted Ashbringer since they can't use lore as an excuse now. I still regret not doing Naxxramas during the TBC days.

Does anyone else agree that the design of raid armour has been lacking since post-Black Temple? They're just so ugly and convoluted.

Tenebrous

Since Blizzard is featuring Ashbringer as an Artifact, I hope they will bring back the Corrupted Ashbringer since they can't use lore as an excuse now. I still regret not doing Naxxramas during the TBC days.

Does anyone else agree that the design of raid armour has been lacking since post-Black Temple? They're just so ugly and convoluted.

But that would make Paladins feel less special. After all, this is the expansion that makes you the big hero... Isn't that right, Ashbringer wielder #294,572?

Tacitus_

Yes, corrupted Ashbringer is a skin choice.

And some sets have been good, some have been bad. Just like before.

Apathy

One of the skins kinda looks like the old one (not exactly, it's green and black and slightly different but close enough)

I wish the Hunter bow looked more like Rhok'delar, specially since you can't get one now.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/january/retPaladinArtifact06.jpg

ZenaxPure

Yes, corrupted Ashbringer is a skin choice.

And some sets have been good, some have been bad. Just like before.

Worth noting of course that the Corrupted Ashbringer skin they have isn't the same as the old one, so not really the same thing.

And yeah, armor sets always vary, still a lot of awesome ones coming out and there was a lot of bad ones back then as well. If anything as a rogue it's always been a mixed bag, had 3 god tier sets in vanilla then 2 trash tier ones in TBC + one people made fun of even though I personally liked it a lot (T5). Plus I'd say challenge mode armor is some of the best they've ever done across the board, wish they'd bring it back somehow in the new system.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Warrior is 96 and out of rested so I'm heading to Arak because of the 20% buff, plus the 20% pot. I've done dungeons 100% up until this point but I'm bored of them now. Once I get to 100 I need to focus on the most important thing, which transmog to farm.

I restored my deleted lvl 100 warrior so now I have 3 lvl 100 toons with half-assed garrisons. Orc Warrior, Goblin Shaman and Gnome Mage. Also finally making decent headway into Securing Draenor with my Shaman thanks to being able to purchase missive's that trigger these missions off of your garrison quartermaster. The randomised dailies are always the same ones for me. Been waiting weeks for a few to show up, so I finally decided to just start buying the missions.

I just have two of the dailies left to complete and then I'll have 4 out of the 5 achievements for Draenor Pathfinder. Then all that's left is Tanaan Diplomat.

StMeph

The boredom is real when I can't even bring myself to launch the game to collect my Garrison welfare checks. I've logged in maybe once all week? 20 days left. Oh well.

I'm digging the warrior animation and how arms is looking, but I'm still in disbelief that the expansion is another 5 months away. Those sub numbers must be crashing at this point. Atleast I stockpiled a bunch of tokens before I quit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm digging the warrior animation and how arms is looking, but I'm still in disbelief that the expansion is another 5 months away. Those sub numbers must be crashing at this point. Atleast I stockpiled a bunch of tokens before I quit.

Last I checked I only had one WoW friend subbed, and he was only subbed because he had millions of gold and like over a years worth of time banked from tokens.

Tenebrous

Last I checked I only had one WoW friend subbed, and he was only subbed because he had millions of gold and like over a years worth of time banked from tokens.

That's one of the biggest reasons I'm still subbed, but now I'm raiding again, I'd pay to play anyway if I had to.

All this talk has me interested in figuring out how much value for money I've gotten out of WoW over the years. Lemme try and figure it out.

Games =
£170, Vanilla (£20), TBC CE (£40), Wrath (£20), Cata (£25), MoP (£30), WoD (£35)
Sub = 85 months x £8.50 = £722.5... Vanilla to Cata minus small breaks = ~70 months. 10~ months of MoP. 5~ paid months of WoD before tokens.
Total = £892.5
Hours spent = ~20,000
Time per £1 = 22.4 hours.
Time per £50 (retail game) = 1120 hours.

(Not including character services & optionals, because I'd wind up depressed).

Can't moan at that for more than 7 years total subscribed (not including WoW tokens) over a 10 year period.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The Apex fragment daily is just the worst, takes forever every day. 7 days to go.....

Top Bottom