• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rogues get TF reskin?

THAT'S BULLSHIT!

I think I might actually main Guardian in Legion over Feral. Survivability is better and the damage output is good enough to where it doesn't feel so slow killing random mobs. The new forms look just as good as Feral's, too.

Tenebrous

Also the irony of mocking Blizz for Archerus and Wandering Isle and then complaining about not getting Ravenholdt in that vid

Ravenholdt is a pretty unique location entrenched in rogue fantasy that rogues never actually visit. Archerus is somewhere a Death Knight will visit frequently, and Wandering Isle is where the entire race starts.

I can definitely see why rogues would prefer Ravenholdt over Dalaran Sewers.

Apathy

Oh yeah, mythic Mannoroth down! Last pull was on overtime and after 2 1min wipes so people were kinda disillusioned

0Xpia4B.jpg

Grats, enjoy the wipe fest at archimonde. Although I do prefer arch over manno

Edit: stupid phone auto corrects. I need a gamers dictionary for it.

I've got 28 days left on my current sub, outside of leveling a warlock to 100 with inscription and herbalism for Legion, I don't know what else I want to do in the game. I've got another timecard but I think I'll just sit on it for Legion. I don't raid, and I don't want to spend anymore time in Tanaan, my garrisons or ever look at the shipyard again.

Ravenholdt is a pretty unique location entrenched in rogue fantasy that rogues never actually visit. Archerus is somewhere a Death Knight will visit frequently, and Wandering Isle is where the entire race starts.

I can definitely see why rogues would prefer Ravenholdt over Dalaran Sewers.

Although I agree with most points, Wandering Isle is a beautiful zone that is literally inaccessible once you leave it. Seems fine to be made into a class hall for people to revisit on their mains.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I read someone saying Blizzard plans to make healing solo viable for leveling in legion or just doing dailies or whatever. Can anyone confirm?

I was just playing my holy paladin and holy shit it takes me about 10 minutes to kill anything. How is it tanks can destroy mobs quick now but healers are still doing damage like it's BC?

I read someone saying Blizzard plans to make healing solo viable for leveling in legion or just doing dailies or whatever. Can anyone confirm?

I was just playing my holy paladin and holy shit it takes me about 10 minutes to kill anything. How is it tanks can destroy mobs quick now but healers are still doing damage like it's BC?
Yeah, they've said that tanks and healers will be good at leveling and dailies solo but I don't think that the alpha reflects this currently.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, they've said that tanks and healers will be good at leveling and dailies solo but I don't think that the alpha reflects this currently.

Yep, they've said it a few times now. I assume because of artifact weapons since you will be stuck with only 1 of them presumably the entire leveling experience.

ZenaxPure

What are these above Kara on Alpha? (Wish the guy took a better damn shot, like not at night)

Those of those Legion ship things I believe (you can see them in the demon hunter starting experience), not sure if it is still there on the current build but there was also some weird invisible dalaran above kara alongside them. Random video of a dude flying around it.

No idea what any of it is for though.

ampere

Pretty sure on alpha healers have an invisible +100% damage done passive when questing out in the world.

You are expected to level with your artifact for your main spec so they kinda have to

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Those are clearly Protoss ships. Starcraft is finally coming to Azeroth.

Pretty sure on alpha healers have an invisible +100% damage done passive when questing out in the world.

You are expected to level with your artifact for your main spec so they kinda have to

I'm so going to make a Shockadin :p

And yeah that Rogue tier is sexy as fuck. Though the HFC Rogue tier is great too.

God damn, Legion, you are pretty and I want you now.

Reminds me of getting to Northrend for the first time, but maybe even more impressive.

Oh and i'm to 91+ kills on Yogg now (60%+ chance - ayyyy). Still no mount. Like, I don't necessarily think it's the best, but it's unique and I want it on my engineers.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man those pics make me so ready to fuck off draenor forever

ampere

Draenor looks really cool, but there's just nothing to do after a month or two. The art is never a problem IMO, Blizzard pretty much always rules when it comes to art and world design.

Here's hoping their ideas on keeping us engaged in the world work! And more content patches

Apathy

Still a lot of tweeking to go, but so far I don't like the direction paladin healing is headed. If it keeps going that way I think I'm switching to a different toon for legion, maybe go for a dps class

Tenebrous

Draenor looks really cool, but there's just nothing to do after a month or two. The art is never a problem IMO, Blizzard pretty much always rules when it comes to art and world design.

Here's hoping their ideas on keeping us engaged in the world work! And more content patches

Agreed. For all the faults Warlords has, the art direction isn't one of them. SMV & Talador are two of the best looking zones of all time, and nowhere except Winterspring can hold a candle to Ridge for the #1 snow zone.

Still a lot of tweeking to go, but so far I don't like the direction paladin healing is headed. If it keeps going that way I think I'm switching to a different toon for legion, maybe go for a dps class

Fire mage looks great.

Apathy

Agreed. For all the faults Warlords has, the art direction isn't one of them. SMV & Talador are two of the best looking zones of all time, and nowhere except Winterspring can hold a candle to Ridge for the #1 snow zone.

Fire mage looks great.

Always had trouble with casters, leaning towards hunter. I could go back to rogue I guess, maybe ret just cause I've worked so hard on transmog and I could still tank

Manus

Just started back after about 2 years. Any gaffers on Stormrage Alliance? Also not liking the changes to Druid healing. It's so weird now.

Daniel R

I decided to only do my garrison mission reset once a day instead of two.

This is a good step for me to not get burnt out and I don't think the gold income will suffer too much.

Will give me more time to play the alpha or other games as well :)

Manus

I have my DK alt parked there. If you need something give me a holler, though I'm not super wealthy or anything on that realm (just fairly geared).

Sweet thanks will do. Just been getting my resto druid geared and ready for Legion. I'm in a guild of about 15 real life friends. We all got back in it at the same time. What's the time on getting the legendary ring?

Sweet thanks will do. Just been getting my resto druid geared and ready for Legion. I'm in a guild of about 15 real life friends. We all got back in it at the same time. What's the time on getting the legendary ring?

Depends on how far along you are. I wanna say it'll take like maybe 8-10 weeks if you do the weekly Apexis turn-ins and have the shipyard/garrison going. Longest part will be the tomes in Hellfire Citadel as there's no catchup mechanic for them.

And then you're gonna want to do mythic dungeons and save valor to upgrade the ring. Though gear upgrades are a priority if your gear is decent.

idlewild_

~8 weeks sounds about right. I started the leg ring quests just after New Years on my druid alt, as in got the 640 ring on the 2nd or 3rd. The druid is 8/33 on the tomes as of last night, I missed a chance at a tome on some bosses due to already being saved to them prior to starting the tomes quest, probably another 3 clears to finish the tomes up.

edit: The tomes part of the quest chain is becoming a major pain, this is the 3rd ring I'm working on and idk if I can bother with doing hfc on another 7 characters for their rings. Hopefully they put in apexis/ship/garrison catchups for that part too.

Anoregon

cata was still worse

I think I'd have to say Draenor is the worst expansion. Cata certainly had issues, but it did a few things that I really liked. The old world questing revamp was essential and well executed, and both new races are among my favorites from both factions. I remember being so pumped to play a Goblin Shaman.

The remaining expansions are all varying degrees of "very good" though. Pandaria is probably the best expansion when it comes to actual gameplay and mechanics, but I've never been terribly interested in the Pandaren as actual entities in Warcraft. If it had a setting that I cared more about it would probably be my overall favorite. I did really dig the Mantid, though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The starter zones for Horde and Alliance in WoD have so much promise that just never gets delivered on.

I'm still disappointed that the Temple of Karabor was pretty much ignored except for the final Shadowmoon Valley quest. We go there like twice afterwards just to speak to the Prophet's ghost and that's about it, and that's just in a corner of the Temple, both times, same place. And that's all Alliance only. Horde never step foot in there as far as I know(not sure what happen with the legendary ring for them).

What a wasted potential. This place could have easily become another raid, with Nerzhul as the final boss. I mean, he was the freaking Lich King before the Lich King was even a thing. But nope, gotta have him has a 5 man boss instead, considering every other Warlords (except Grommash) became raid bosses, it's kind of a pathetic fate for him.

ampere

What a wasted potential. This place could have easily become another raid, with Nerzhul as the final boss. I mean, he was the freaking Lich King before the Lich King was even a thing. But nope, gotta have him has a 5 man boss instead, considering every other Warlords (except Grommash) became raid bosses, it's kind of a pathetic fate for him.

Lore-wise it's the worst thing about the expac IMO. Such a huge letdown for such a major character.

Fuck going back in time in an alternate universe if the best baddies are just dungeon fodder.

idlewild_

But nope, gotta have him has a 5 man boss instead, considering every other Warlords (except Grommash) became raid bosses, it's kind of a pathetic fate for him.

We only really got to fight 3 warlords in a raid setting and of those only Blackhand was the only one that got a fight deserving of his status. It is really disappointing how they handled the warlords in this expansion.

There were a few other warlords that were handled similarly to Ner'zhul; Garrosh was killed in a cut scene, Zaela was in a 5 man (I guess she's not technically a Draenor warlord,) Dharl was in a quest, and Azuka was in the garrison weekly quest chain.

Top Bottom