• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Best place to get this done usually is Ruins of Kra'nak elite side. Generally lots of fragments around there.

Actually found one there. Also just knocked out about 5k Saber rep with a nice group, so that should fall into line with the other reps in a few days of light farming. So excited to get my flying though, I hate ground mounts so much even if I do have the ZG tiger :D

achievementSearch.jpg

emblem_195x195.png
emblem_195x195.png
emblem_195x195.png

Fuck I need more character slots. So dumb that if I want to move my Alliance DK to my main server, I gotta transfer another character off (likely Priest), then transfer and faction change. Total cost of $85.

Could delete a character, but aside from my bank alt they're all 90+ so that would be wasteful as well. And the bank-alt is a bit too entrenched to delete. It's almost better to have a second account, but that just seems exorbitant.

Apathy

Fuck I need more character slots. So dumb that if I want to move my Alliance DK to my main server, I gotta transfer another character off (likely Priest), then transfer and faction change. Total cost of $85.

Could delete a character, but aside from my bank alt they're all 90+ so that would be wasteful as well. And the bank-alt is a bit too entrenched to delete. It's almost better to have a second account, but that just seems exorbitant.

Guessing that server isn't a connected one

strafer

People dont read the quest text? First i'm hearing about it.

I spend like 10 minutes going through the quest text, reading it in my reading voice and having some nice whiskey.

No wonder you people have nothing to do.

Questing and the lore is the best part of World of Warcraft and that addon is balls out amazing.

Is there any where I can speed up the quest givers appearing in the inn? Like the way you can buy missives off of your quartermaster for the garrison campaign mission?

Meier

The Apex fragment daily is just the worst, takes forever every day. 7 days to go.....

Once you can get the epic version of the rare finder, it's pretty easy. Flying makes it even easier. The actual area specific grinding is worse IMO.

Robin64

That looks pretty cool. I see from quoting the image it's called "Achievement Search" (or something close to this), but it'd be handy to actually state the names of add-ons when referencing them (i.e. this and the other image above).

That's not an addon, it's part of the default UI in Legion.

It's really silly that active abilities in the same talent row don't replace each other automatically on the action bar.

There's is zero reason I should need to drag and drop burst of speed to replace shadowstep or visa versa.

Tenebrous

It's really silly that active abilities in the same talent row don't replace each other automatically on the action bar.

There's is zero reason I should need to drag and drop burst of speed to replace shadowstep or visa versa.

They do, don't they?

You can make macros that do that actually.

I was actually going to ask for a macro regarding two talents in the same row. My Bladestorm macro is...

#showtooltip Bladestorm
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Bladestorm
/cancelaura Bladestorm

And my Avatar macro is...

#showtooltip Avatar
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Avatar

Is there any way to get a single macro that shows the right ability, casts the right ability, retains the cancel aura & pops Blood Fury on both?

Apathy

They do, don't they?

I was actually going to ask for a macro regarding two talents in the same row. My Bladestorm macro is...

#showtooltip Bladestorm
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Bladestorm
/cancelaura Bladestorm

And my Avatar macro is...

#showtooltip Avatar
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Avatar

Is there any way to get a single macro that shows the right ability, casts the right ability, retains the cancel aura & pops Blood Fury on both?

You're going to have to test some of these out to make sure, but according to some googling, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269819574 might help and so might http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13123319158

boils down to something that might look like this

#showtooltip
/cast [talent:2/1] Chi Wave;[talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; Chi Burst

where the first number is the row and the second is the column

Tenebrous

You're going to have to test some of these out to make sure, but according to some googling, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269819574 might help and so might http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13123319158

boils down to something that might look like this

#showtooltip
/cast [talent:2/1] Chi Wave;[talent:2/2] Zen Sphere; Chi Burst

where the first number is the row and the second is the column

Ahh, I was hoping there was some sort of row selecting macro, but I wasn't sure what to search! That's fantastic - I'll try it out right away.

Thanks!

biaxident

Guess I was foolish for thinking I could get the 4 win BG quest done quickly, gave up doing it on non pvp geared toons, and even on my geared toons its bad. There's just no communication and no one protects healers, horde are actually smart some of the time and focus me down as their top priority...meanwhile our dps just hits the warrior who gets healed by 2 healers, ugh. We're even losing AV, 2 in a row now lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I was foolish for thinking I could get the 4 win BG quest done quickly, gave up doing it on non pvp geared toons, and even on my geared toons its bad. There's just no communication and no one protects healers, horde are actually smart some of the time and focus me down as their top priority...meanwhile our dps just hits the warrior who gets healed by 2 healers, ugh. We're even losing AV, 2 in a row now lol.

Alliance have been awful tonight, it sometimes feels like I'm the only guy actually trying to win, or even the only one not AFK. Way too many times you get half the team sitting AFK at one base "defending", yet if anyone attacks they don't call it out or even do anything because they're on Reddit or simply a bot. I really enjoy BGs when people actually try but it seems rare these days, botting seems to be a much bigger problem than back in my day.

biaxident

Alliance have been awful tonight, it sometimes feels like I'm the only guy actually trying to win, or even the only one not AFK. Way too many times you get half the team sitting AFK at one base "defending", yet if anyone attacks they don't call it out or even do anything because they're on Reddit or simply a bot. I really enjoy BGs when people actually try but it seems rare these days, botting seems to be a much bigger problem than back in my day.

Yea its been pretty bad, finally managed to snag my 4th win in a fairly easy EOTS. I just stood at DR cause no one else would (one of our few healers) but called everything out since I could see the action and defended easily enough. I do remember botting in AV years ago being insanely bad, like 30 botters per team, thats when they added the afk kick system or whatever they got. But yea people still just call it in, rather get their 30 honor than 300 for trying. Capped honor again, really don't know what to spend it on, ugh.

Decided to wade into Ashran for the first time today. What a confusing, angry mess.

I've played online multiplayer games for years--predominantly FPS, a few MOBAs--and that didn't make much in the way of sense. Some weird mix of PVE and PVP without any sort of flow to the map or encounters. With people raging, cussing each other out and abandoning the match constantly. I played through a few rounds and not once did we finish with the team we started with. Still, it hands out Honor like candy and soon I'll be able to buy a Battle Chicken (Hawkstrider) so there's some worth to it. I just decided to hop into Ashran when I run out of dailies to do in Tanaan but I don't think I'll stick with it beyond buying that first mount. I think I would rather try the occasional random BG to farm up the currency to buy other mounts. If that's a thing I want to do.

Making decent progress in Tanaan, I'm a third of the way towards the mount, 30k shy of the monument for gathering Apexis Crystals, the rep grind for Tanaan Diplomat looks like it will take longer than grinding the mount. I'm halfway through the achievement to get the level 3 inn plan, making decent progress on the shipyard and ring quest. So basically I'm only a year behind everyone else.

Robin64

I've played Ashran a few times, mostly just to get the rep for the mount, but yeah it's a mess. There's no direction, it's never clear what you should be doing, so you just end up following a guy who shouts "OGRE EVENT FFS" and get a shitty lockbox? I dunno, it's not great.

ZenaxPure

I mean, I don't want to defend Ashran or anything cause I don't really think it is great... But honestly it's not that confusing. You do the event if its up, otherwise you do the main battle or kill rare spawns for fragments. It's pretty straightforward.

Robin64

I mean, I don't want to defend Ashran or anything cause I don't really think it is great... But honestly it's not that confusing. You do the event if its up, otherwise you do the main battle or kill rare spawns for fragments. It's pretty straightforward.

It should be, but last night people were yelling to ignore the event and push et, whatever that means. And some were saying the event was the thing to do. In the end, everyone was all over the place. Plus a load of people were talking about "pve heroes wanting roc", again, whatever the hell that means. Wintergrasp and Tol Barad were way more focused.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ashran is good for one thing and that's fast gear, if you're winning you're just flooded with crates and currency.

Zelias

Banned
I only go to Ashran to gear up chars for PvE. It's silly how quick it is compared to Baleful farming. As a PvP zone it's a mess of shouting and bad design.

It's amazing how much friendlier low level BG's are compared to Ashran. They also seem incredibly easier as a hunter versus the other classes (fury warrior, ele shaman, and fire mage) I've tried PVP BG's with. I've been top 3/5 dps with only a partial heirloom set, 0 enchants, and low level crafted/quest gear with/against twinks and toons geared with full heirloom sets. With every other toon I've always been on the bottom of every score board.

Tenebrous

It's amazing how much friendlier low level BG's are compared to Ashran. They also seem incredibly easier as a hunter versus the other classes (fury warrior, ele shaman, and fire mage) I've tried PVP BG's with. I've been top 3/5 dps with only a partial heirloom set, 0 enchants, and low level crafted/quest gear with/against twinks and toons geared with full heirloom sets. With every other toon I've always been on the bottom of every score board.

If you have a hunter that's 85+, grab yourself a Flintlocke's Woodchucker & throw it onto a BoA. At level 10, it procs for 350-550 damage, and gives 112 (iirc) agility... Batshit insane.

Godan

Is there any good blacksmithing recipes I could get to make stuff and sell on the AH?

Thinking with the new expansion coming and the way transmog is going to be it might be worth to start making some things the now.

If you have a hunter that's 85+, grab yourself a Flintlocke's Woodchucker & throw it onto a BoA. At level 10, it procs for 350-550 damage, and gives 112 (iirc) agility... Batshit insane.

That sounds really fun but, sadly, this is my only Hunter. It's a side project, along with a Warlock, for Legion. Super interested in playing Survival in Legion and leveling it while I have downtime with my Shaman's dailies/flying grind.

Robin64

I might go ranged for Legion, as I want to get into PvP more than I did in WoD, but when I do try PvP right now as a melee class, I can basically do nothing. Battles, at least in Ashran, are two opposing groups bunched up throwing spells and arrows at each other. Move out of the group and you're dead.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I might go ranged for Legion, as I want to get into PvP more than I did in WoD, but when I do try PvP right now as a melee class, I can basically do nothing. Battles, at least in Ashran, are two opposing groups bunched up throwing spells and arrows at each other. Move out of the group and you're dead.

I love my Warrior but it's very easy to get stunned and kited to death. I was a Warlock before my big break and it seems they're great now.

Tenebrous

What if I told you that you could be melee & not have to worry about endless kiting & slows?

WorgenCatDruid.jpg

Robin64

brb rolling druid

Actually my highest ever druid was only around 20 or so, back when Feral was both tank and melee. Just one of those classes I never got connected to, along with shaman and warlock. I should really give the new Feral setup a go.

Well combat is the most boring janky feeling spec a rogue has, so that's not saying much.

I loved feral back when it had massive bleeds, not really into it anymore, I want my phat bleeds back.

Also feral combo point generation is soooo slow outside of berserk.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I'll sub again after this month, I have about 20 days and I can already feel that my itch has been scratched for now. I still enjoy the core game it just doesn't grip me without a guild, and honestly I don't want to commit to one like I did in the past. Luckily I have some great games in my backlog that I can catch up with.

I'm starting to tire out again as well. With the weekly conquest cap reset today, I'll now be buying my final piece of conquest 740 ilvl PvP gear (shoulders).

Random BGs are really fun, but I wish there was a way of playing ranked/rated solo/duo queue without having to go through the hassle of assembling a 10 man premade.

I've been spending an exorbitant amount on transmog for my alts lately. Slippery slope.

Like today I learned that there's this Frostwolf transmog set, but you need to be revered with Headhunters...on a leather class. Can't buy it on other armor types. I'm exalted on my main DK so this is dumb. So I end up dropping like 50k on medallions to get this set.

Also, officially at 100+ Yogg kills as of today, yet to see a mount.

Fun stuff. -_-

If I finish Val'anyr at the rate of one fragment a week before getting Mim's Head I don't even.

Top Bottom