• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Apathy

I'm sticking to not giving Blizzard a penny more than is required, so sadly I'll be missing out on that one.

Ahh, that's a good point. I forgot about those.

I've saved so much money since I could buy game time with gold that I could end up spending some of it to upgrade to the collectors (and buy overwatch origins edition).

Tenebrous

I've saved so much money since I could buy game time with gold that I could end up spending some of it to upgrade to the collectors (and buy overwatch origins edition).

I've saved money from not buying Blizz CE's (except SC2) and not paying for WoW that I've been able to buy more music than usual, so hurray for savings.

Yeah in general the new mounts were pretty bad. The Moose from Archi is kinda interesting but doesn't fit most class/races imo.

I've been back for a month and already done everything i wanted to. Will probably ease off this month and come back for the Legion pre-expansion event.

Robin64

Oddly, I also forgot about the Gronnling mounts. Not sure what that says about them really. But yeah, outside of the novelty they're just too big to consider.

Current main ground mount: Swift White Hawkstrider
Current main flight mount: Grand Armored Wyvern

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

As a warlock main, I kinda had no choice but to buy the CE. I swap between green firehawk for air and felhunter for ground.

I also had to buy Murkidin. This is the first time ever that i've bought a Blizzcon ticket and a WoW digital deluxe.

I feel like I had no choice to be honest.
eVIRDgB.png

Tenebrous

Swift Razzashi Raptor for life (even though I'm Horde & have the Tiger). My all-time favourite mount.
Felfire Hawk for flying, because it's my newest.

Apathy

As a warlock main, I kinda had no choice but to buy the CE. I swap between green firehawk for air and felhunter for ground.

I also had to buy Murkidin. This is the first time ever that i've bought a Blizzcon ticket and a WoW digital deluxe.

I feel like I had no choice to be honest.

I think you get your warlock license revoked if you don't get that mount. Same as you get your Canadian license revoked if you don't get a moose.

Meier

I got my legendary ring and was able to upgrade it twice due to banked valor. I guess now I should do and use the group finder to do some raids above LFR difficulty because the raids obviously have no loot that is an upgrade for me and haven't for awhile. Did Kazzak again yesterday and got Felblight for the 7th time. :mad: I will probably change my secondary spec from Survival to MM and then basically main it since MM on average does so much more DPS than BM. Kind of a shame since I've always played BM, but the difference in damage is so significant that it's hard to overlook.

By comparison, I joined a kill at lvl 99 with my little alt druid and got a necklace from the fight, haha.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
£22, twenty two pounds to switch server. Their services are so expensive it's borderline madness. I'd love to move all my characters to one server but it would cost me the price of 3 AAA games.

Tenebrous

£22, twenty two pounds to switch server. Their services are so expensive it's borderline madness. I'd love to move all my characters to one server but it would cost me the price of 3 AAA games.

For what probably doesn't even cost them a penny. Remember this Blue post?

"We will shortly be adjusting the pound sterling prices of some of the optional services we offer for World of Warcraft. We regularly review our pricing and services around the world to make sure we’re offering what we feel is the best entertainment value for the cost, and the upcoming adjustments are being made with that goal still in mind.

The new prices will take effect on April 30. You can see a breakdown of the changes below:

Name Change .................................................... Current Price: £6 | New Price: £7
Pets ....................................................... Current Price: £9 | New Price: No change
Helms ................................................... Current Price: £10 | New Price: No change
Appearance Change ...................................... Current Price: £12 | New Price: £13
Guild Name Change ....................................... Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
Character Transfer ........................................ Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
Race Change ................................................. Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
Mounts ................................................ Current Price: £17 | New Price: No change
Faction Change ............................................. Current Price: £20 | New Price: £22
Guild Transfer ..................................... Current Price: £25 | New Price: No change
Guild Faction Change ......................... Current Price: £30 | New Price: No change
Level 90 Character Boost .................... Current Price: £40 | New Price: No change
Guild Transfer and Faction Change .... Current Price: £50 | New Price: No change "

larrydavid2.gif

So I remembered that my old 80 hunter had the Arena Grand Master trinket, and I could get the PvP heirloom from looting the chest again. Holy shit were there an extraordinary amount of people there at 3/5 PM on a Wednesday. Suppose I'll have to try my luck late at night/early in the morning. Cause I can't even take 1 hit from a level 100 at 80, and I'm not going to level this dead character on a dead server just for this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
For what probably doesn't even cost them a penny. Remember this Blue post?

larrydavid2.gif

Wow, it was £20 and they increased it £22? I guess people must be paying it but I just can't afford it, it feels like it's priced for rich people and average Joe can just suck an egg. You could understand it if the game were free to play, but it's still rocking a £10/month price tag.

Here's what I think would be reasonable, and would allow and encourage me to pay for their services.

Name Change £4.99
Appearance Change £4.99
Character Transfer £8.99
Race Change £5.99
Faction Change £5.99
Level 100 Character Boost £9.99

I don't see why something that's automated should cost more than this, it would allow people to impulse buy these services and feel like they got a good deal instead of feeling like they got reamed.

Tenebrous

Wow, it was £20 and they increased it £22? I guess people must be paying it but I just can't afford it, it feels like it's priced for rich people and average Joe can just suck an egg. You could understand it if the game were free to play, but it's still rocking a £10/month price tag.

Here's what I think would be reasonable, and would allow and encourage me to pay for their services.

Name Change £4.99
Appearance Change £4.99
Character Transfer £8.99
Race Change £5.99
Faction Change £5.99
Level 100 Character Boost £9.99

I don't see why something that's automated should cost more than this, it would allow people to impulse buy these services and feel like they got a good deal instead of feeling like they got reamed.

Disagree on the bolded, but agree on the rest. Too much room for bad shit at £10 for a boost, and appearance change changes nothing but the skin colour... For £4.99? No.

How much do FF14 services cost? I know their pets/mounts are cheaper.

I don't know. I feel like the services are priced okay. You're not really supposed to be using them very often. That said, I do wish there was a bulk discount, or the option to convert WoW Tokens to pay for services.

Tenebrous

Realm transfer for FFXIV is £12.
A Phial of Fantasia, which allows you to change race and gender is £5.75.

Realm transfer is expensive, but one third of a price for a race change is very nice.

I don't know. I feel like the services are priced okay. You're not really supposed to be using them very often. That said, I do wish there was a bulk discount, or the option to convert WoW Tokens to pay for services.

What's wrong with wanting to race change a bit more frequently? Don't see the harm in that being £1, never mind £17.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That's another major issue, virtually no one plays one character these days, so you're not paying £22, you're paying £22x XX alts. It could easily cost you £100 - £200 to move to a new home and that's just insanity.

Tenebrous

That's another major issue, virtually no one plays one character these days, so you're not paying £22, you're paying £22x XX alts. It could easily cost you £100 - £200 to move to a new home and that's just insanity.

Yup. To move server & faction on all my level 100s (13) would cost me £507... Half a fucking grand! I'd be almost halfway towards a decent Martin guitar at that point >.>

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just did a BG and the other team had 4/10 healers, it was impossible to kill anything and just boring to play against. I don't know why it's even possible.

Been doing the bare minimum in Tanaan and am earning roughly 10K Apexis via dailies. My Shaman is sitting at 70k, in the next day or so I'll have my first garrison monument and in roughly eight days I should have the Corrupted Dreadwing.

Having a lot of fun playing this Hunter, mostly just doing Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch with a bit of questing on the side. I thought once I got flying in Draenor I'd level a Warlock next (the Dreadwing is the flying mount for the lock) but I think this Hunter is the next project. This is the most pvp I've done in the year and a bit I've been playing WoW.

Shahadan

Precisely why they cost that much. They don't want people to use them on a whim, and if against all sense people do it anyway, it brings money.

I suspect than someday that will change though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Fucking infernal mount (clearly uses gronnling skeleton, but that's fine)

500024-infernal-mount-hd.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It certainly seems cool enough to be a mythic drop, which means I will never have it.

Robin64

"Equip: 20% of your maximum health is healed when using Feign Death and every second Feign Death is active."

brb levelling my hunter

"Equip: After Spirit of Redemption fades, you have a 100% chance to revive at up to 100% health and mana, based on your effectiveness while in Spirit of Redemption. Cannot trigger more often than once per 2 min."

and priest

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Quivers for hunters again!!

gIdNOVR.png

There are so many of them now it's like... half your BiS gear would be legendaries lol

I have no idea what they are going for with this design

Honestly, I welcome the idea of further customization through items. Less cookie cutter builds would be interesting.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There are so many of them now it's like... half your BiS gear would be legendaries lol

I have no idea what they are going for with this design

I think, I hope that's the point. Having 1 or 2 is ok, but having all of them would be impossible, so people will be able to mix and match or not be pressured to get a ton by their raid group.

ZenaxPure

Where is my Adventure Mode.

It's there? The new world quest stuff is set up exactly like bounties except it's time based (since there is no concept of jumping in and out of games like D3) and the new dungeon system is a more elaborate version of greater rifts.

strafer

It's there? The new world quest stuff is set up exactly like bounties except it's time based (since there is no concept of jumping in and out of games like D3) and the new dungeon system is a more elaborate version of greater rifts.

I was joking, as the game itself is an adventure in a big ass world. :p

ampere

I think it's a big problem if they are actually world drops (which was mentioned at Blizzcon). That would mean that to increase my character's power when raiding I need to be out killing boars all the time

ZenaxPure

I was joking, as the game itself is an adventure in a big ass world. :p

Sure but I mean the adventure mode ideas seem to be running deep in Legion, they've taken nearly every aspect of it. I mean shit, there are treasure goblins running around the broken isles too.

Apathy

Quivers for hunters again!!

gIdNOVR.png

Honestly, I welcome the idea of further customization through items. Less cookie cutter builds would be interesting.

These arrows aren't fitting in my gun, I think I broke it.

I think it's a big problem if they are actually world drops (which was mentioned at Blizzcon). That would mean that to increase my character's power when raiding I need to be out killing boars all the time

Yup, this is really a bad idea. Some of these effects seem very mandatory. Having 100 more energy in cat form, coming back to life after divine spirit fades.

Top Bottom