• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

I don't really understand grinding towards flying and then un-subbing. I mean I get that it's a goal of yours but it's usually a goal to enable faster leveling for alts because they have flying.

Has Blizzard commented on leveling a second artifact if you change specs? Like, how easy or hard it might be to do another one? I'm wondering if it would be better to just make a whole new character in a case like that, depending on what powering up a second one will be like.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
i'm just leveling alts for Legion really. Already have Mage, DK, Warlock, Warrior and Hunter on 100; Priest, Druid and Paladin on 90, Shaman and Rogue on 60 and a lvl 25 Monk.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really understand grinding towards flying and then un-subbing. I mean I get that it's a goal of yours but it's usually a goal to enable faster leveling for alts because they have flying.

At this point I just have to have it after working so long for it.

biaxident

So how good is feral at pvp? Thinking of gearing up my druid pvp wise, just so sick of doing bgs where a good stealthy could easily cap flags and jump people. I have a rogue also, but have always liked druids. I might even blow some champions honor for it, I have 3 in my bags with another 1 coming from a mission lol.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Killed Mythic Gorefiend tonight!

I am basically being carried by a group of people that are 13/13M on their alts and stuff

Apathy

Do boats even have a chance to sink anymore on mission failure? Hasn't happened to me in a long time. Good riddance

Over 90% they can't sink, under they still gave a chance

Has Blizzard commented on leveling a second artifact if you change specs? Like, how easy or hard it might be to do another one? I'm wondering if it would be better to just make a whole new character in a case like that, depending on what powering up a second one will be like.

They said there is a catch up mechanic for your other specs, but not implemented yet and not talked about. Most think it'll be like you get a percentage of the power that you get on your main spec given to your off spec artifact.

They said there is a catch up mechanic for your other specs, but not implemented yet and not talked about. Most think it'll be like you get a percentage of the power that you get on your main spec given to your off spec artifact.

Oh, well that won't be so bad. For some reason I thought I had read that it would be difficult but couldn't find where I read that so I wanted to ask.

Frostwall Tavern level 3 is completed. While I don't have Harrison Jones unlocked yet, hopefully this means my Shaman's garrison starts making bank with the treasure hunting missions and treasure hunter followers I've been gathering/gearing up.

Kinda disappointed that there isn't an umbrella rep in WoD that gets applied to all other reps or at least another specific rep once a certain dungeon has been maxed. I really liked that about WotLK reps, if you maxed out the dungeon rep it just rolled over to another rep. I hit Exalted with the Frostwolves and that kind of makes me want to avoid the dungeons associated with that rep (Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, Iron Docks, and Grimrail Depot) now that there's no rep bonus tied to them. I think I need to just run through the Proving Grounds for healer so I can queue heroic as Resto and get the added bonus satchel to make heroic dungeons worth playing moving forward. Now that I have the inn at max level there's not much motivation to run dungeons outside of that first random daily valor queue.

I've really taken to the hunter I've started to level during the down times for my shaman. It's just really effective in all instances: pve, dungeons, and pvp. Any of the downsides to the class seem to be tied to player negligence, like not dismissing you pet on drop downs, not disabling growl, not paying attention to what your tab-targeting cycles to before attacking or barraging a whole a instance.

Tenebrous

Frozendekay's planning to farm Garrosh for 13-14 hours straight, having just started five minutes ago. EU Horde is where you'll find our tusk farming group!

Haroon

Anyone have a casual guild in the NA region that's looking for a player? I am looking for a guild that raids two to three nights a week. I'm very experienced in terms of endgame content.

cluderi

Typical.

Finally get some time to progress my hunters legendary ring quest. Queue for Auchindon and get to the part with the Teron'gor cutscene, since it's my first time in there I watch the cut scene.

Get booted from the dungeon for watching the cut scene.

Now I've got to wait a day to requeue for that dungeon, I hate pugs...

Typical.

Finally get some time to progress my hunters legendary ring quest. Queue for Auchindon and get to the part with the Teron'gor cutscene, since it's my first time in there I watch the cut scene.

Get booted from the dungeon for watching the cut scene.

Now I've got to wait a day to requeue for that dungeon, I hate pugs...

Why are you trying to watch a cutscene in a heroic dungeon run for your ring quest at this point in the expansion? Everyone is just doing speedruns for inn quests/dailies and valor.

Having cutscenes in dungeons is such a terrible idea.

Tenebrous

Why are you trying to watch a cutscene in a heroic dungeon run for your ring quest at this point in the expansion? Everyone is just doing speedruns for inn quests/dailies and valor.

Having cutscenes in dungeons is such a terrible idea.

Says right there that it's his/her first time in the dungeon. Don't blame him/her at all for wanting to watch it.

Lomax

I've gotten lost in dungeons from watching the cut scenes, I even had to leave walled city lfr the first time because I had no idea where to go and I died. But I've never been booted. It's not like anyone is going to miss one dps for one minute.

Though I agree, having cut scenes in dungeon finder groups is stupid. They should give you the option to watch them later, and make it a toggle when you queue. Because it's stupid having to choose to skip them every time too.

Zelias

Banned
Thing is, I can kinda see why cutscenes in dungeons can be cool, but when you design content to eventually be trivalized and run at speed, it just completely clashes with that. It's like when I did Praetorium in FFXIV and if I didn't instantly skip the gazillion story heavy cutscenes I'd be left behind or kicked. I could watch the cutscenes later, sure, but it just made the dungeon very confusing.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
500379-druidcat2.jpg
Worgen get a cat form update before a worgen form update. =p

I still don't understand how they also don't get "wolf form" instead of cat form, with the abilities just slightly renamed.

It's a human that turns into a wolf that turns into a cat. That's silly.

strafer

Worgen get a cat form update before a worgen form update. =p

I still don't understand how they also don't get "wolf form" instead of cat form, with the abilities just slightly renamed.

It's a human that turns into a wolf that turns into a cat. That's silly.

Crazier than a cow turning into a cat?

Lomax

Thing is, I can kinda see why cutscenes in dungeons can be cool, but when you design content to eventually be trivalized and run at speed, it just completely clashes with that. It's like when I did Praetorium in FFXIV and if I didn't instantly skip the gazillion story heavy cutscenes I'd be left behind or kicked. I could watch the cutscenes later, sure, but it just made the dungeon very confusing.

I think a simple toggle when you sign up would be ideal. Or make normals have unskippable cut scenes and heroics have none.

Tenebrous

Frozendekay's planning to farm Garrosh for 13-14 hours straight, having just started five minutes ago. EU Horde is where you'll find our tusk farming group!

7 hours later, we're still going. 4 people have had their tusks drop today! Come find us in the group finder.

Says right there that it's his/her first time in the dungeon. Don't blame him/her at all for wanting to watch it.

It's a heroic dungeon pug this late in the expansion, people doing heroic speed runs aren't going to have much patience for anything.

I haven't watched a single cutscene in any dungeon in WoD yet and probably won't until I solo them because I came to that part of the game late. I like lore, I want to watch them but I know that I can't in a pug. I know that people will be impatient assholes and kick you if you drag your feet or don't perform well enough. You're not a guildmate, you're probably not from the same server, you're just some random dps they can kick and replace in seconds.

You'd hate FF14. Every dungeon has at least one cutscene and while they are skipable, a group is barred from moving forward or removing someone who chooses to hold up the group watching.

I imagine everyone would grow to loathe playing in dungeons or pugging because of that. Who wants to watch the same cutscene ten, twenty, fifty times over?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Crazier than a cow turning into a cat?

I don't really picture cows and cats as diametrically opposed as I do cats and dogs.

They're more like minotaurs anyway, not humans that turn into werecows or something.

Cows aren't really a predator like cats and wolves either so, at least the wolf thing makes sense there.

Cow form would just be boring. Instead of an energy bar you'd get a milk bar.

cluderi

It's a heroic dungeon pug this late in the expansion, people doing heroic speed runs aren't going to have much patience for anything.

I haven't watched a single cutscene in any dungeon in WoD yet and probably won't until I solo them because I came to that part of the game late. I like lore, I want to watch them but I know that I can't in a pug. I know that people will be impatient assholes and kick you if you drag your feet or don't perform well enough. You're not a guildmate, you're probably not from the same server, you're just some random dps they can kick and replace in seconds.

Sadly all true, my own fault really for expecting a little consideration from 4 other people in game. I should have realized it wasn't going to happen and rushed through excusing any bad behavior as "expected since I'm getting in the way of others"

my guilds not very active anymore so I might just pack it in until legion, play that new content until I get bored then unsub again.

Lomax

Sadly all true, my own fault really for expecting a little consideration from 4 other people in game. I should have realized it wasn't going to happen and rushed through excusing any bad behavior as "expected since I'm getting in the way of others"

my guilds not very active anymore so I might just pack it in until legion, play that new content until I get bored then unsub again.

I will say that while it's unfortunate you got booted, it's the exception rather than the rule. Yeah, groups are interested in blasting through stuff, but for the most part they're going to be so busy blasting they aren't going to bother booting one dps who is a little behind. Also, you can always just warn people in the beginning, and given the opportunity, most people will choose to be decent about things like that. You've just got to give them the chance. If you personalize even slightly in the beginning with something as little as a hello, it can make a huge difference.

Ugh, I'm the recruitment officer for my guild and we're struggling big time with recruitment. We're a heroic guild that only raids once a week but we do pretty well with that (have only done heroic 3 nights and we've been 6/13 the last two times). So many players want to do mythic, even if they don't have the item level for it.

Is anyone else in a heroic-only guild or are y'all just mythic? How do you go about recruiting people?

People being complete mutes or dicks in pugs has pretty much been the norm for normal and heroic Draenor dungeons in my experience. I don't want to pug for Mythic dungeons based off of my experience with Heroics in WoD and the idea of LFR kinda scares me. Leveling has the occasional toxic group but for the most part people have been friendlier, more likely to chat and more likely to re-group on a dungeon clear in leveling versus WoD. I'm always thankful for those pleasant groups. WoD dungeon groups have been one and done affairs across the board.

Apathy

Ugh, I'm the recruitment officer for my guild and we're struggling big time with recruitment. We're a heroic guild that only raids once a week but we do pretty well with that (have only done heroic 3 nights and we've been 6/13 the last two times). So many players want to do mythic, even if they don't have the item level for it.

Is anyone else in a heroic-only guild or are y'all just mythic? How do you go about recruiting people?

My server is sparce on people capable to raid at a high level so we're always struggling to find raiders. We're basically running a skeleton crew, and as there are already 3 guilds on the server that kill mythic archimonde, we would be the 4th when he actually dies, the pool of players is sometimes disappointing. We get a few severely undergeared players or some with no experience applying but we just can't take them. Even going off server it's been hard. The guild leader does offer server transfers for people if they find anyone off server. It's rough but we're hoping that the archimonde kill will bring more recruits.

My server is sparce on people capable to raid at a high level so we're always struggling to find raiders. We're basically running a skeleton crew, and as there are already 3 guilds on the server that kill mythic archimonde, we would be the 4th when he actually dies, the pool of players is sometimes disappointing. We get a few severely undergeared players or some with no experience applying but we just can't take them. Even going off server it's been hard. The guild leader does offer server transfers for people if they find anyone off server. It's rough but we're hoping that the archimonde kill will bring more recruits.

Ah, yeah, we have 14 solid people right now, but one of our tanks isn't really a tank (her main spec is DPS.) We're on a highly populated realm (Proudmoore) but I haven't had much luck getting people there. We just had one tank recruit join the guild, sign up for this week's raid and next week's raid and then not even bother to log in for the raid last night. Very frustrating.

I recognize things will be different for Legion, but I'd really like to get my moose mount and actually earn it with my guild, rather than buying it. :(

People being complete mutes or dicks in pugs has pretty much been the norm for normal and heroic Draenor dungeons in my experience. I don't want to pug for Mythic dungeons based off of my experience with Heroics in WoD and the idea of LFR kinda scares me. Leveling has the occasional toxic group but for the most part people have been friendlier, more likely to chat and more likely to re-group on a dungeon clear in leveling versus WoD. I'm always thankful for those pleasant groups. WoD dungeon groups have been one and done affairs across the board.

Since we're both on Dalaran, if you're looking for someone to do those things with I'd be happy to join you. I haven't done any current dungeons or raids so it's all new to me but it's something I'd like to start doing.

JSoup

Banned
I imagine everyone would grow to loathe playing in dungeons or pugging because of that. Who wants to watch the same cutscene ten, twenty, fifty times over?

Not really and that's the beauty. If there are four people in group (side note, a standard dungeon party in FF14 is four people) and one wants to watch, that's fine. I press escape and skip the cutscene. The party spawns inside a barrier that no one can cross until everyone is out of the cutscene and loaded into the formal dungeon. While that one person is watching (they are never more than a few seconds long with only a few exceptions), we can chat for a moment, list out instructions and get buffs up.

Since we're both on Dalaran, if you're looking for someone to do those things with I'd be happy to join you. I haven't done any current dungeons or raids so it's all new to me but it's something I'd like to start doing.

Horde or Alli? I have toons on both but at this point I'm sort of focused on horde while I grind out flying. My goblin shaman is sort of on cruise control now. It's done all of the Heroic dungeon quests to unlock the level 3 inn and I am just logging in to it for Tanaan/garrison apexis dailies, hoping for Harrison quests, doing the valor dungeon daily as well as going through follower missions twice a day. I'm leveling a hunter on its down-time since it's easier to funnel resources to. I only have one level 100 Alli, a mage, but I haven't played it much (no proving grounds, haven't started in tanaan). Feel free to add me.

Dangry#1317

I have Granadier added as well but he's Alli-only. Once I have flying I can play whatever.

Not really and that's the beauty. If there are four people in group (side note, a standard dungeon party in FF14 is four people) and one wants to watch, that's fine. I press escape and skip the cutscene. The party spawns inside a barrier that no one can cross until everyone is out of the cutscene and loaded into the formal dungeon. While that one person is watching (they are never more than a few seconds long with only a few exceptions), we can chat for a moment, list out instructions and get buffs up.

If it throttles everyone's movement through the dungeon until everyone has loaded in that's certainly less awful than WoW's current implementation.

Top Bottom