• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

strafer

So with the new transmog system they mentioned that they will add old items that might have been deleted or removed.

What item are you most looking forward to see again?

Myself can't wait to get Soul Harvester. Need it to perfect my Warlock Mog Build.

143573-soul-harvester-soul-harvester-with-savagery-70-ap.jpg

Tenebrous

So with the new transmog system they mentioned that they will add old items that might have been deleted or removed.

What item are you most looking forward to see again?

Myself can't wait to get Soul Harvester. Need it to perfect my Warlock Mog Build.

143573-soul-harvester-soul-harvester-with-savagery-70-ap.jpg

Hopefully they re-add Benediction & the old bow. Sucks that such iconic looking items got removed, while Quel'serrar (something I still have) got a second life in Wrath Ony.

Also, officially at 100+ Yogg kills as of today, yet to see a mount.

Fun stuff. -_-

If I finish Val'anyr at the rate of one fragment a week before getting Mim's Head I don't even.

If you play with sound on you won't want to use it after 5 minutes anyway.

frontovik

Banned

Do you have a source for that? Already mentioned, but I'd like to see the Corrupted Ashbringer. And no, the Legion skin is not exact.

strafer

Do you have a source for that? Already mentioned, but I'd like to see the Corrupted Ashbringer. And no, the Legion skin is not exact.

At BlizzCon, it was announced that all eligible rewards from quests you'd previously completed would automatically be added to your Wardrobe collection. As many older quests are not spec-specific, plate wearers are at an advantage when it comes to unlocking rewards currently--perhaps this will be fixed in a future alpha patch.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=250342/...eo-how-appearances-are-unlocked-wowhead-tools

I really wish garrison building plans were account-wide. You'd still have the gold and resource cost associated with making and upgrading buildings but would have access to all of the plans. It would make the whole process a little more alt-friendly and less tedious.

ampere

Your only chance to ever see the OG Corrupted Ashbringer again is on the BMAH. I wouldn't count out seeing it put on there

(it's not an item that can show up on the BMAH right now, but I'm saying they could add it later)

Hopefully they re-add Benediction & the old bow. Sucks that such iconic looking items got removed, while Quel'serrar (something I still have) got a second life in Wrath Ony.

To be honest I hope they don't bring back Benediction. I love being the only priest around with it, but really I don't think most players these days even know what it is.

0URnVM2.jpg

Looking real nice

phierce

I really wish garrison building plans were account-wide. You'd still have the gold and resource cost associated with making and upgrading buildings but would have access to all of the plans. It would make the whole process a little more alt-friendly and less tedious.
It's really not that big of a deal to rebuy them for most people. If you're starting fresh, or somewhat new - like you are, I understand, but for most in this thread gold (and therefore resources) are not an issue.

It would make garrisons more alt friendly, but whatever.

I'm having a hell of a time pugging for blue bar quests as a a dps. I don't understand why people are being so precious about just grouping up to kill shit quickly. Think I'll re-add Resto as a secondary spec and see how much easier it is to queue as a healer.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm having a hell of a time pugging for blue bar quests as a a dps. I don't understand why people are being so precious about just grouping up to kill shit quickly. Think I'll re-add Resto as a secondary spec and see how much easier it is to queue as a healer.
Most people just have things set to auto-accept in my experience.

Yeah, well today I've been sitting there for minutes waiting on some groups from various realms to eventually decline. Adding a comment, not adding a comment, doesn't seem to make a difference. Nothing, hi, hi there trying to clear x dailies, whatever. I just want to rip through Throne quickly with a couple of other players and clear two dailies. Instead I'm sitting in Orgrimmar going through my spellbook and editing a resto shaman skill bar. I probably need to run the trials since I haven't healed since leveling 50-60 content.

phierce

It would make garrisons more alt friendly, but whatever.

It's like you're wishing for a speed up mechanic for garrison glory. Take some time and get at least one set up properly and I promise you these petty worries will be gone, and all subsequent garrisons will have a much, much easier time.

I have been taking time getting this Shaman's garrison set-up, everything but the inn, fishing shack and pet menagerie (and shipyard) are level 3. Most of my followers are ilvl 660. I've been recruiting and leveling up followers with the treasure hunter trait. I just can't speed up the inn's quests or force ones I haven't already completed to appear.

phierce

I have been taking time getting this Shaman's garrison set-up, everything but the inn, fishing shack and pet menagerie (and shipyard) are level 3. I just can't speed up the inn's quests or force ones I haven't already completed to appear.
First of all, the fishing shack and pet menagerie do nothing for income...nor do quests from the inn. Which quests are you trying to get to?

You need to focus on getting Harrison Jones, a level 2 inn and 10+ treasure hunters as quickly as possible. Level up Harrison as soon as you can because he makes everyone in his party his level/ilvl.

Edit: to comment on your edit...if you have almost all 660+ followers, get your inn to level 2 and you should have an easy time making decent gold.

First of all, the fishing shack and pet menagerie do nothing for income...nor do quests from the inn. Which quests are you trying to get to?

Completing ten quests from the inn gives you the "Stay awhile and listen" achievement which is what the level 3 inn upgrade is locked behind which unlocks treasure hunter missions. The fishing shack and pet menagerie are just things to do, I want to get every building in my garrison to 3, buy all of the plans, work on a few monuments, etc.

You need to focus on getting Harrison Jones, a level 2 inn and 10+ treasure hunters as quickly as possible. Level up Harrison as soon as you can because he makes everyone in his party his level/ilvl.

Edit: to comment on your edit...if you have almost all 660+ followers, get your inn to level 2 and you should have an easy time making decent gold.

Already have the inn to 2 and have been steadily recruiting followers with the treasure hunter trait, leveling and gearing them up, also working on getting Harrison. I'm mostly just waiting on timegates and rng for the rest to finally fall into place.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Rumors been going around of the next minor patch adding another 2 levels of valor upgrades.

Thoughts?

The next patch is going up on the PTR, these are the entire patch notes:

Battle.net Infrastructure
Client support for Battle.net infrastructure changes, including some memory optimizations.

If they were gonna do it, it'd be with this patch. Or they may not even need a patch to do it.

ampere

Rumors been going around of the next minor patch adding another 2 levels of valor upgrades.

Thoughts?

Rumors as in "guys what is this patch about??? omg probably more hfc nerf"

Pretty sure it's just software optimization stuff like the notes say. I'd be very surprised to see another 10 ilevels especially since there is not another PvP season and right now PvP and PvE gear are about the same ilevel.

If they do anything raid related, it'd likely be targeted nerfs at this point. But 10 ilevels and legendary rings is already a lot

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's crazy to think regular shutdowns are still a thing, I played some GW2 while away from WoW for a few years and their system is just so much better in every way, the servers never go down and they constantly merge whenever a cluster gets low pop so the game constantly feels alive and full. I just fancied a bit of WoW and saw the notice, luckily I managed to get my Tanaan dailies done in complete peace so I won't have to worry about them tomorrow. 4 more days!

One thing I don't get about Tanaan is why Blizzard didn't make it look more like Hellfire Peninsula in the ruined bits in the re-worked end-game version. Other than its physical location on the map of Draenor Tanaan really doesn't evoke Hellfire Peninsula. It's a mish-mash of themes--lush jungle, decaying swamp, a forest area that looks like it's part of Spires--with the ruined bits looking more like Outland's Shadowmoon Valley than anything else.

ZenaxPure

It's crazy to think regular shutdowns are still a thing, I played some GW2 while away from WoW for a few years and their system is just so much better in every way, the servers never go down and they constantly merge whenever a cluster gets low pop so the game constantly feels alive and full. I just fancied a bit of WoW and saw the notice, luckily I managed to get my Tanaan dailies done in complete peace so I won't have to worry about them tomorrow. 4 more days!

WoW hasn't had "regular" shutdowns in like 4 years, we rarely see server maintenance anymore. We get server restarts every so often (though still not ever single week) but those things take about as long as a game like GW2 does when it forces you to log out and patch the game, basically 2 or 3 minutes. Pretty much a non-issue.

Robin64

Oh good. Laughing Skull is the only Draenor rep I don't have at full Exalted, so I guess I'll just cheese Everbloom for a bit.

phierce

Completing ten quests from the inn gives you the "Stay awhile and listen" achievement which is what the level 3 inn upgrade is locked behind which unlocks treasure hunter missions. The fishing shack and pet menagerie are just things to do, I want to get every building in my garrison to 3, buy all of the plans, work on a few monuments, etc.

Already have the inn to 2 and have been steadily recruiting followers with the treasure hunter trait, leveling and gearing them up, also working on getting Harrison. I'm mostly just waiting on timegates and rng for the rest to finally fall into place.
Gotcha...and yeah, forgot about that inn achievement that's needed.

ZenaxPure

Wasn't WoD release time pretty bad?

Yeah, but WoD release is not normal, which is my main point. That thing was a shit show but that shit show wasn't repeated every single week. We usually only see maintenance nowadays on patch days which there wasn't exactly a lot of those for Warlords...

Milennia

Thoughts?

I can tell you that isn't a thing with certainty

The only major change that had planned was something to do with how certain items worked in the game, I'm being vague but it's been canned until 7.0 anyway and will have like 0 effect on the game when it does happen in 7.0, but it would have had a large effect if it happened in wod.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, must have just been unlucky timing then. I just assumed it was like this every week like it was when I played before.

Tenebrous

Thoughts?

It's no worse a catch-up mechanic than the damage buffs that were applied to ICC & DS over time, only this one requires player investment to get there, so in fact, it's probably a better one.

I'm all for it, honestly. Get's me past 740 with no issue.

Robin64

I tell you what, WoD has the worst mount variety of any expansion. Lots of mounts from different sources, but they're all one of five species (several of which are just "savage" versions of what we already had).

strafer

I tell you what, WoD has the worst mount variety of any expansion. Lots of mounts from different sources, but they're all one of five species (several of which are just "savage" versions of what we already had).

And Legion will have a bunch of Demon mounts.

Which is perfect for my Warlock.

Just let me ride a Mannoroth

Tenebrous

I'm with you on that. Nothing moderately interesting at all except for the Blackhand/Archimonde mounts & the new achievement rewards.

Robin64

I hope we get more than demon mounts. The Broken Isles is beautiful and varied, the mounts should reflect this.

Also those dragonfly mounts would've been cool, but I guess they really were set on no flying in Draenor,

Top Bottom