• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Entropia

No One Remembers
I think it's a big problem if they are actually world drops (which was mentioned at Blizzcon). That would mean that to increase my character's power when raiding I need to be out killing boars all the time

Yeah that's my worry too. Some of them are a bit of game changers. If they were flavourful or added minor increases (then again, you know how min-maxers are...) that'd be fine.

strafer

TO3Xk5n.png

Babalu.

geeze I hate what they did to ret paladin in the latest build.

The tier bonuses are things that should be baked into the spells already.

mass judgement doesn't extend judgements debuff anymore
shield of vengeance cooldown upped from 1minute to 2 minutes

our mastery got fucked by not adding holy damage to our main attacks anymore
retribution now only buffs 50% on a teammates death

and then they went and got rid of Turalyon's Might. Even though I hated the 3 click gap closer it tried to be its just more speed/gap closing that we lost.

Ret paladins are so immobile in alpha its stupid.

Dropping Enhancement and re-adding Resto as a secondary spec has made pugging Tanaan dailies a lot easier.

Quivers for hunters again!!

gIdNOVR.png

So basically Beastmaster is getting a quiver in Legion? And leveling hunters too I guess, which is cool. I'd gladly swap a cloak for a quiver on my hunter. It would be nice if back item changed based on the ranged weapon being used. I guess a quiver would work for crossbows as well but it would be cool to have a bandolier, gunpowder horn or ammo satchel for rifles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It certainly seems cool enough to be a mythic drop, which means I will never have it.
I don't know. Looks like a special event drop to me. A la Core Hound.
So basically Beastmaster is getting a quiver in Legion? And leveling hunters too I guess, which is cool. I'd gladly swap a cloak for a quiver on my hunter. It would be nice if back item changed based on the ranged weapon being used. I guess a quiver would work for crossbows as well but it would be cool to have a bandolier, gunpowder horn or ammo satchel for rifles.

I would think Marksman is getting a quiver. All the BM weapons are guns and I imagine the quiver will be tied to the artifact if I had to guess.

I don't know. Looks like a special event drop to me. A la Core Hound.

I would think Marksman is getting a quiver. All the BM weapons are guns and I imagine the quiver will be tied to the artifact if I had to guess.

I totally had the Marksman and Beastermaster artifacts switched around in my head.

Meier

I did my first Mythic Dungeon last night -- Skyreach. Actually got two ilvl 700 items which was nice. Replaced one that was a 695 base and one that was a 700 base (pvp). We had a few wipes which was so weird to experience, haha.

I have never done anything beyond LFR for the raids but I probably will try it at some point soon to just give it a go. Re-specced to MM but haven't played with it yet. Will be interested to see how it turns out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Twelve. There are twelve active WoW subscriptions.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Blizzard has never not fucked up.

Not once.

How many times are they gonna do the year long last patch before people just accept thats what theyre gonna do.

Eklipsis

Not sure if it's been discussed already but any one know what type of armor the demon hunters will use? Cloth, mail, leather, or plate?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Was anyone really expecting a spring release for Legion? I mean, it was obvious this was going to be summer.

I have been trying to do the Celestial Tournament for weeks and I got to the four Celestial pets and how do you beat these guys??? Looking for any tips, I have a massive amount of lvl 25 pets including most of the good ones like Anubisath Idol, Chrominius, Unborn Val'kyr, Darkmoon Tonk etc

And is there any way to heal up your pets through some exploit? Even with an army of lvl 25s its still real annoying.

ampere

Look at the state of alpha, June is a likely time for the pre-patch at best

They have no idea what they want to do with tanks right now and there are still specs that aren't playable

ampere

I have been trying to do the Celestial Tournament for weeks and I got to the four Celestial pets and how do you beat these guys??? Looking for any tips, I have a massive amount of lvl 25 pets including most of the good ones like Anubisath Idol, Chrominius, Unborn Val'kyr, Darkmoon Tonk etc

And is there any way to heal up your pets through some exploit? Even with an army of lvl 25s its still real annoying.

I used a combination of these two guides:
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/a-pet-battlers-guide-to-defeating-the-celestial-tournament
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4180-zagams-celestial-tournament-guide/

And yes, you can heal pets on Yu'la. Magical Crawdad - Wish -> swap to the pet you need to heal then forfeit. There's also a good amount of RNG, sometimes I had to restart even though I had a good plan, things just went badly.

Look at all the free time we'll have for activities!

Corrupted Dreadwing
WoD flying
1 Horde garrison making bank
Level a hunter
Level a warlock
1 Alliance garrison making bank
Finish WotLK Loremaster
Cata Loremaster
MoP Loremaster - Ding title
Maybe start raiding and get my Moose
Legion's out!

Random aside, Overwatch is going to be such a legitimately toxic game if it's six vs six.

Look at all the free time we'll have for activities!

Corrupted Dreadwing
WoD flying
1 Horde garrison making bank
Level a hunter
Level a warlock
1 Alliance garrison making bank
Finish WotLK Loremaster
Cata Loremaster
MoP Loremaster - Ding title
Maybe start raiding and get my Moose
Legion's out!

Random aside, Overwatch is going to be such a legitimately toxic game if it's six vs six.

I'm very stupid and have done most of that. I only have one level 100 but I have like 16,000 achievement points. I'm close to getting Ahead of the Curve HFC but I recently got all exalted for
the four Steamwheedle Cartel groups for Insane in the Membrane

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead

I also completed An Awfully Big Adventure today for reasons I still don't understand. I need help. Or less podcasts.

If I ever try and do the Pandaria and Draenor archaeology achievements all the way through just blow my computer up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not sure if the Dungeon Race was posted: http://www.twitch.tv/warcraft/v/43666986

Super impressed with Legion's dungeons. Maw of Souls/Helheim is such an incredible visual achievement. Really like the look and aesthetic to begin with, but Blizzard is establishing these really astounding set pieces that felt like they were missing from WoD.

idlewild_

Sigh, started raiding progression again recently. The group I am with had a bit of a collapse this week, lost 10 raiders so far including a tank/raid lead, our healer lead, and 3 of our best dps. It was caused by a couple overreactions by members of the raid last week and this week, but I guess the pressure of being stuck on Manny for 2 months had everyone on edge. Luckily we had a tank trial with us at the start of this week prior to the exodus, though I guess him trialing with us is technically part of what set the whole situation off. I think we are at 13 core raiders + 3 trials as of now, hopefully we can pull it together by next week because I am not sure the guild will survive if we have to skip a week or two due to not enough people

Robin64

A friend just got Alpha access a couple of hours ago, so I guess a new wave went out.

Edit: Mine is this right now, I don't remember WoW5 before. Is that Alpha?

Edit2: Couldn't wait to get home and check, so installed the bnet launcher on my work PC. Kinda naughty, BUT!

A friend just got Alpha access a couple of hours ago, so I guess a new wave went out.

Edit2: Couldn't wait to get home and check, so installed the bnet launcher on my work PC. Kinda naughty, BUT!
Congrats! No alpha for me. Blizzard must be upset with me after I ignored the last few beta tests they sent me. :|

:D

83K Apexis on this toon, with the remaining 17K spread out on two other toons.

I'm very stupid and have done most of that. I only have one level 100 but I have like 16,000 achievement points. I'm close to getting Ahead of the Curve HFC but I recently got all exalted for
the four Steamwheedle Cartel groups for Insane in the Membrane

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead

How hard was the Steamwheedle rep? I've done all of the quest hubs--Booty Bay, Gadgetzan, Everlook and Ratchet--and am only at Friendly with all of them.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Its ok, i'm not jealous of you at all.

:'(

mclem

A quick thing that's cropped up in discussion in our guild:

We're a slow guild, we're still progressing through Heroic HFC, but we're nearing the end - 11/13, Mannoroth is very close to a kill, but it'll probably take a bit of grinding before it's realistic to have the DPS for Archimonde.

I suspect if we can get up to 20 people we might well have a reasonable shot at the first few mythics - we've got a few who've been in on Archi kills, even if we've not done it ourselves, so we can enter - but getting up to 20 is perhaps a bit challenging, at our peak we're on around 18 or so and that's with a couple of people I'd... probably prefer to not take into Mythic!

But one thing has struck me, as an occasional change of pace: How many people would a guild of our progression need to make inroads into Highmaul mythic, these days? Or BRF? Even if we can't run a full raid for progression, can we realistically 15-man Highmaul Mythic?

It's a little tougher to judge, of course, because mechanics are going to assume there's 20 bodies around, not just the-DPS-of-20-heroic-highmaul-geared-people, which may catch us out (I'm thinking Butcher, for instance, could get unpleasant.).

Has anyone in my boat taken a trip into the old-raid Mythics with a smaller team and had any experience of how demanding they are?

Apathy

HM mythic is a joke now even in heroic HFC gear.

What I mean is that you out gear it so much that the mechanics are a joke. You should be able to out DPS everything, and if you got legendary rings, even more of a joke.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I am really liking how demo looks from the alpha vids I've seen yesterday and today. They are really nailing the summoner class fantasy that they said they are going for without it feeling like you just stand around while your pets auto-attack.

Tenebrous

No Overwatch and no Legion Alpha.

THEY HATE ME!
cry.gif

Same here... I guess I don't pay them enough!

Farming for Tusks of Mannoroth. Have enough Lesser Charms left over for 250 kills, but after that, I guess I'll be farming more seals. It's depressing to see Blood Elves in this group, though... Fuck off, ya wusses.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely feel like my time with WoD is over, I'll have my flying mount in 2 days which was my main focus and my main and alt are basically as geared as they'll get without joining a raiding guild which I have no interest in at this point. If the game were F2P I'd pop on every now and again but paying £10/month to play a few minutes a day just isn't worth it. I did enjoy my little return to the game and I'm almost certain I'll be back for Legion.

Top Bottom