• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

phierce

Horde or Alli? I have toons on both but at this point I'm sort of focused on horde while I grind out flying. My goblin shaman is sort of on cruise control now. It's done all of the Heroic dungeon quests to unlock the level 3 inn and I am just logging in to it for Tanaan/garrison apexis dailies, hoping for Harrison quests, doing the valor dungeon daily as well as going through follower missions twice a day.
You do know you can visit other player garrisons, who have Harrison, and since the quests now show up in order, get him in 6 days, right?

biaxident

Tried to just now lead ashran, was late and didn't see any horde so figured easy stuff. BR event happens, spam in raid warning, 5 alliance come to BR and of course we lose it to the 10 horde who show up, so dumb. Nobody listens, all you have to do is show up together and good stuff happens, ugh.

Follow up a lousy ashran with a strand of the ancients where no one plays defense for us and we get rolled. PVP isn't hard people, just do the objectives, carry bombs, kill high priority stuff, etc.

biaxident

And while you're doing that, the other team is picking off the people not directly PVPing so you lose anyway.

More like they pick off healers while our dps ignore them. I've lost 3 straight AVs now. I'm a healer and was only one who went south to cap both towers and relief hut, so sad. Really thinking about gearing my feral just for stealth ninja objectives.

Anybody have a weak aura to pre-empt the cast of Curse of the Legion on Mythic Mannoroth? Right now I just have to watch the DBM timer. Can't figure out one that works for trying to immune the doom lord.

Horde or Alli? I have toons on both but at this point I'm sort of focused on horde while I grind out flying. My goblin shaman is sort of on cruise control now. It's done all of the Heroic dungeon quests to unlock the level 3 inn and I am just logging in to it for Tanaan/garrison apexis dailies, hoping for Harrison quests, doing the valor dungeon daily as well as going through follower missions twice a day. I'm leveling a hunter on its down-time since it's easier to funnel resources to. I only have one level 100 Alli, a mage, but I haven't played it much (no proving grounds, haven't started in tanaan). Feel free to add me.

Dangry#1317

I have Granadier added as well but he's Alli-only. Once I have flying I can play whatever.

I've got characters on both and play them all regularly. Apexis dailies, map exploration, collecting transmogs, etc. So I'm up for anything, really.

CassSept

WoW has music? My TBC CE OST is still in the packaging.

Oh man, you're missing out. WoW's soundtrack had been consistently amazing for over a decade now. So many tracks I have so much nostalgia for it'd be hard to pick any single favorite now.

I particularly like themes from Eversong Woods and Sunwell, they all have that nostalgic quality to them, they evoke the atmosphere of a destroyed, reclusive, noble empire really well.

Tenebrous

Oh man, you're missing out. WoW's soundtrack had been consistently amazing for over a decade now. So many tracks I have so much nostalgia for it'd be hard to pick any single favorite now.

I particularly like themes from Eversong Woods and Sunwell, they all have that nostalgic quality to them, they evoke the atmosphere of a destroyed, reclusive, noble empire really well.

I turned it off like 8 years ago. I really should catch up sometime.

Robin64

It hurts me so much whenever someone in my guild says they play with the sound off. Warcraft has some of the finest music in gaming.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely didn't enjoy the flying mount grind, but it's done!

UB7C2fS.jpg

CassSept

I'm gonna go with this one though, yeah. I knew a lot about WotLK even though I was already raiding at the point, but I didn't know many details, zones design included. When I got a flying mount (78 was it?) I went on a trip around Northrend to see all the pretty sights and get some free exp (leveling was an improvement over vanilla, but it was still a far cry from today - I dinged 80 on a busy server after a week and that was still early back then). I got to Storm Peaks to Thunderfall and that part that's at 1:52 played... chills, instant, eternal chills.

Tenebrous

"NO SUMMON - GARROSH TUSKS FARM" is you? Man, it's still going!

I just joined, I'm Ryldor.

That's the one. Left about 25 minutes ago for HFC, though, but I'll be back in the next few hours.

I was grouped with the leader from 13:00 until 02:00 yesterday, and almost 6 hours today. Fun times. 258 kills this weekend...

Robin64

Created a level 1 hunter on alpha, wanted to see Survival as it levelled up. Spotted a couple of interesting quirks.

1. You start with a spec now at level 1, instead of waiting until level 10. Hunters are beast mastery, paladins are retribution, etc.

2. Hunters wear mail from the get go. Paladins and warriors, plate.

3. Heirlooms have a lovely light blue text now.

Point 2 has an odd effect I hope gets fixed, though. All the blacksmith recipes are now plate, but all the leatherworking ones are still leather. Basically it means you can't craft a piece of mail armor before level 37. Weird, but yeah, alpha. Just thought it was amusing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That mount is incredible.

I was actually one of the first people to get it, back then we were a top 20 raiding guild and I got the first one that dropped for us. I honestly don't like it that much but use it anyway because epeen :D

The song that always stuck with me was when my raid group first entered the hallway where Lucifron is in Molten Core and this played. I also love this track but I don't think I've ever heard it in-game, just the trailers leading up to WoW's release.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Created a level 1 hunter on alpha, wanted to see Survival as it levelled up. Spotted a couple of interesting quirks.

1. You start with a spec now at level 1, instead of waiting until level 10. Hunters are beast mastery, paladins are retribution, etc.

2. Hunters wear mail from the get go. Paladins and warriors, plate.

3. Heirlooms have a lovely light blue text now.

Point 2 has an odd effect I hope gets fixed, though. All the blacksmith recipes are now plate, but all the leatherworking ones are still leather. Basically it means you can't craft a piece of mail armor before level 37. Weird, but yeah, alpha. Just thought it was amusing.

Can you post some screenshots?!

Lomax

The song that always stuck with me was when my raid group first entered the hallway where Lucifron is in Molten Core and this played. I also love this track but I don't think I've ever heard it in-game, just the trailers leading up to WoW's release.

That MC song still sticks in my head because one (or maybe more) of the old Warcraft Radio shows used it constantly.

I actually really love a lot of the music in WoD, especially a few of the things that play in SMV. I really wish the garrison jukebox was better. Like why only one song from each dungeon on repeat? There's several tracks in Karazhan that I love but it only plays the one, which gets old pretty quickly.

Tenebrous

Excuses, excuses.

I'm looking for people for Heart of Fear 10HC in the group finder. Need those easy achieve points & sexy transmog gear.

You'd have to kill me before I played a tauren anything, they're just too big and stupid.

Race changing to tauren made me demain my hunter, I even stopped raiding for that tier because of it, they're that bad.

Apathy

You'd have to kill me before I played a tauren anything, they're just too big and stupid.

Race changing to tauren made me demain my hunter, I even stopped raiding for that tier because of it, they're that bad.

Same, taurens suck. They handle like vans. Worst race for anything.

Nothing beats the sholazar basin whistle, I remember randomly all the time.

After a couple years I realized that I could solve my bag issues by buying bigger bags. A bunch of hexweave bags later my DK feels like a whole new person.

I never really quested in Sholazar with all of my characters that I've leveled from 1. This has convinced me I should remedy this. My monk is in the early 70s so I should get to this soon.

Top Bottom