• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

It has been a while since I've quested in Northrend. I leveled most of my characters to cap in WotLK and any characters I leveled during Cataclysm used the dungeon finder through 60-80. I think my most common route was Boring Tundra > Dragonblight > Stormpeaks though my favorite zones are probably the Fjord and Grizzly Hills. Though the Tundra was boring it was a lot easier to do when you couldn't fly until 80. Now that you can get flying as early as 68 the Fjord is so much more manageable and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Even though I've only been at it on a daily basis for three-ish weeks, I am kinda done with Tanaan. Once I get flying and the apexis mount, I'm not bothering with that zone with this or any other toon. Even without Harrison my shaman's garrison is starting to make money, after I get the lvl 3 shipyard upgrade I'm going to just start dumping all of my gold into Medallion's of the Legion to speed Tanaan Diplomat up.

Once your ilvl is past 650, there's no reason to continue farming rares for baleful tokens. If you don't have flying you can't really farm rares anyways. Every rare in Tanaan gets murdered seconds after spawning, unless you're nearby to quickly tag it, you're shit outta luck. Plus you can get higher ilvl gear faster on Ashran.

Tanaan would be less awful if everyone was on the same footing when it comes to navigating the zone, but since everyone isn't, competing against people with flying for anything is impossible and it makes an un-fun zone worse to play.

I don't blame players with flying for poaching low hanging fruit, but it sucks when someone grabs an item that clears a % chunk of a blue bar quest that you're fighting a mob to get to. I like how rares and world bosses sort of force cooperation through mutual self-interest but loathe everything else about Tanaan.

cdyhybrid

WOW has great music, but I usually end up turning it off because you hear it over and over and over.

My favorite tracks are generally relaxing ones.

Tanaan would be less awful if everyone was on the same footing when it comes to navigating the zone, but since everyone isn't, competing against people with flying for anything is impossible and it makes an un-fun zone worse to play.

I don't blame players with flying for poaching low hanging fruit, but it sucks when someone grabs an item that clears a % chunk of a blue bar quest that you're fighting a mob to get to. I like how rares and world bosses sort of force cooperation through mutual self-interest but loathe everything else about Tanaan.

Yes, flying is a huge part of it because all the rares die as soon as they pop up. Doomroller, Vengeance ETC are cool but they die instantly because of flying. But Timeless Isle also had -

The Celestial Tournament, although there are the Fel-Touched pets which are more akin to the Beasts of Fable
A plethora of collectibles, from pets to mounts to one time use items
The Bloody Coins and Ordos Emissary mechanics
Tons of ways of buffing your character up from the shrines, food, item drops etc
That monkey with all the chests you can gamble with
Ordos, a better loot pinata then Kazzak
Tons of fun ways to get around the Isle with the birds to pick you up, the ropes crossing around everywhere, boosting up into the air. Tanaan has none of this even before flying

It's just like...not even close

phierce

For those talking about Tanaan rares getting murdered too quickly, just get to the spawn location, use the LFG tool (custom and search for "doom, veng, death, terr") and join a group when it pops up. A flight path goes very close to each one and you can get them all dead super quick.

Hell, there's even an addon just for this if you're real lazy

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Salvage boxes can't stack over 20? How the hell do this guy with thousands have the space for them? A bank full of nothing but salvage boxes?

Apathy

Salvage boxes can't stack over 20? How the hell do this guy with thousands have the space for them? A bank full of nothing but salvage boxes?

16 main bag
30 slot bag x 4
total-136 spaces

28 main bank
30 slot bags x 7
total - 238 spaces

grand total - 374 spaces

total number of salvage boxes a bank and bag can hold - 7480

so the people that have a few thousand isn't that bad. http://i.imgur.com/ivdaomx.jpg <-- not mine, found it on reddit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tangentially WoW related, but the Heroes of the Storm NECA figures are so good looking
GUL_3187.jpg

Bisnic

16 main bag
30 slot bag x 4
total-136 spaces

28 main bank
30 slot bags x 7
total - 238 spaces

grand total - 374 spaces

total number of salvage boxes a bank and bag can hold - 7480

so the people that have a few thousand isn't that bad. http://i.imgur.com/ivdaomx.jpg <-- not mine, found it on reddit.

Eh. Screw that. I was going to start keeping them until Legion pre-patch, thinking they could stack up to 200, but i think i'll just open them and keep the blue and purple items instead. Greens are hardly worth the transmog most of the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got this, the only possible nit pick I got is there's no rune markings on the sword.

That's it.

Everyone I've talked to pretty much says they're way too good for the price they cost.

I'd buy like 15 or so figures if they did one for every character on the same quality as Stitches, Illidan, and Arthas. Much better option than Funkos or those old WoW figures with zero articulation.

Savitar

Everyone I've talked to pretty much says they're way too good for the price they cost.

I'd buy like 15 or so figures if they did one for every character on the same quality as Stitches, Illidan, and Arthas. Much better option than Funkos or those old WoW figures with zero articulation.

You know what? It's true! They are great quality and you could easily believe they cost more than they go for.

But I'm so not going to complain. Nice to have something of such quality for once at a good price.

Apathy

Aw yisss, Hexweave Bags are go on my Alli mage alt, it's garrison may be kinda crap but that's 1500 gold for every bag easy.

down to 700 each on horde side on my server, cause people don't understand economics and keep undercutting each other. Last month they were still at 1300 ish

Lomax

Complaining about undercutting is silly. WoW is about as pure of an economy as you'll ever encounter. At a certain point on every server for something like bags, supply passes demand. When that happens, it's always going to drop in price precipitously. Nothing in the game has any inherent value beyond the existing demand.

Robin64

One odd quirk of the new low level changes in Alpha is evident upon hitting level 10.

So I wanted to play as Survival Hunter, but the game made me a BM right at level 1. This was okay, I could get to 10 and then switch. Or so I thought...

Upon hitting 10 and being told I could now choose a spec, I find that sure enough, BM is currently selected. Picked Survival, hit Activate... "Switching spec will cost 100g". I do not have 100g at level 10. Now yeah, sure, as an alt I could've mailed them the money, but that's pretty bad design.

Again, hopefully another Alpha quirk that isn't decided on yet, but whatever "cost" they give to spec switching really needs to not apply for lowbies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They said that the 100g respec cost is purely placeholder. I would imagine whatever solution they come up with has some way to scale.

Daniel R

down to 700 each on horde side on my server, cause people don't understand economics and keep undercutting each other. Last month they were still at 1300 ish

There is no horde side on AH:s, all auction houses are shared since WoD started at least.

Micapo

Saw this on Reddit.

Back when we could have nice things.

http://imgur.com/a/Cc5Zh

That was pretty sweet :)

I remember when I had a ticket about some random bug or whatever which they solved and was in WSG grinding towards rank 11 and had just got exalted with Warsong Outriders so the GM asked if there is anything else they could do for me and I said yeah, would be nice to see the one that helped me and s/he popped up right there in the battle for 30s or something and wished me a good day and did /wave and /salute... don't think that would happen again today, even more so seeing El pollos grandes spawned :)

strafer

I hope Blizz adds some additional voice acting to the The Black Temple raid for when you solo that on your Demon Hunter.

Or do it with a raid group.

Tenebrous

If Robin or anyone else wants to farm tusks on EU Horde, check under the Warlords of Draenor tab for a Highmaul Heroic raid called GARROSH TUSK FARM or something like that. The leader has this weird addon that can't do legacy/custom raids.

Edit: Never mind, the host got his.

The thing about off spec artifactss that worries me.

I'll always main DPS on my DK, always, but I always offspec blood, and while leveling I tank dungeons, at max I tank hcs/lfr, when pugging normal/hc raids I normally DPS but sometimes I tank, PVP is obviously dps.

The thing is I will never main spec blood, ever.

With this new artifact thingy my blood weapon will be shit until I fully gear my dps one, so I won't tank anything, because my tanking weapon will be garbage compared to my dps one, so I'll have effectively removed myself from the dungeon/hc tanking pool.

I feel like I won't be the only one, I feel like queues are going to increase exponentially for dungeons/lfr for dps because tons of people who off spec heal/tank won't be doing that anymore until well late, because of artifact weapons.

And nevermind if for example I level my frost one and it turns out that frost is pretty shitty and unholy is way stronger or whatever, then I'm fucked.

They should just make artifact advancement cross spec.

I don't like this being locked into a spec business.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any good followers from rep that I should grab? I just got 5 more slots.

Bisnic

Are there any good followers from rep that I should grab? I just got 5 more slots.

No. Just grab a free follower with the Treasure Hunter trait from your Garrison Inn and never look back.

The fact that these rep followers cost 5k is also a joke and make them even less worth it. If they were just 50 or 100g, maybe... but 5k? Jeez...

Tenebrous

I'll always main DPS on my DK, always, but I always offspec blood, and while leveling I tank dungeons, at max I tank hcs/lfr, when pugging normal/hc raids I normally DPS but sometimes I tank, PVP is obviously dps.

With this new artifact thingy my blood weapon will be shit until I fully gear my dps one, so I won't tank anything, because my tanking weapon will be garbage compared to my dps one, so I'll have effectively removed myself from the dungeon/hc tanking pool.

I feel like I won't be the only one, I feel like queues are going to increase exponentially for dungeons/lfr for dps because tons of people who off spec heal/tank won't be doing that anymore until well late, because of artifact weapons.

And nevermind if for example I level my frost one and it turns out that frost is pretty shitty and unholy is way stronger or whatever, then I'm fucked.

On the brightside, that means more Satchels of Cooperation for people who MS tank/healer. Wahhey!

They'll probably beef up the second artifact you get at 110 to have the appropriate stats at that level. Then you can start upgrading it without feeling like you're screwed.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No. Just grab a free follower with the Treasure Hunter trait from your Garrison Inn and never look back.

The fact that these rep followers cost 5k is also a joke and make them even less worth it. If they were just 50 or 100g, maybe... but 5k? Jeez...

Thanks for reminding me, totally forgot to hire one this week.

I like the Arrakoan follower you can grab from the Order of Awakened, it's got a trait that boosts Apexis and general resources gain. Beyond that just recruit followers with the treasure hunter trait from your inn. You can also continue to recruit followers and deactivate ones with traits that are less useful. If you have a warmill, you can upgrade followers quickly or buy Frozen Arms off of the AH for a flat 650 ilvl boost.

Aren't they boosting dps for healers and tanks so those specs are more viable to play PVE as? They're also adding off-spec gain for artifacts but I think they're trying to encourage players to main heal and tank classes.

Apathy

I like the Arrakoan follower you can grab from the Order of Awakened, it's got a trait that boosts Apexis and general resources gain. Beyond that just recruit followers with the treasure hunter trait from your inn. You can also continue to recruit followers and deactivate ones with traits that are less useful. If you have a warmill, you can upgrade followers quickly or buy Frozen Arms off of the AH for a flat 650 ilvl boost.

Aren't they boosting dps for healers and tanks so those specs are more viable to play PVE as? They're also adding off-spec gain for artifacts but I think they're trying to encourage players to main heal and tank classes.

Boosting it for questing for healers (not sure about tanks, it's not like they need it, I level my tanks as tanks and it's crazy efficient)

Micapo

So for some reason I resubbed for a month with a +60k EU token and Love is in the air is apparently live.

There's no changes to this event like the Christmas one right? So if I got the tallstrider mount there's nothing else to do besides getting frustrated that Big Love Rocket doesn't drop on a daily basis?

Top Bottom