• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Robin64

Nothing new this year at all, no. Good luck with the Rocket farm.

Edit: Well, heirloom tokens if you really want to save up that many cards.

CassSept

Saw this on Reddit.

Back when we could have nice things.

http://imgur.com/a/Cc5Zh

Hah, that must have been a popular thing to do for GMs at the time, I had my very own encounter with a chicken-summoning GM back in 2008...

5XD7h6h.jpg

I don't remember what the ticket was but the guy was really cool, teleported me to hills above Shatt, summoned chickens and then put a leper gnome costume on me so 'they' would not recognize me :)

A few months later WotLK came out, ticket wait time ballooned to literally days and the fun was over :(

Ultratech

Saw this on Reddit.

Back when we could have nice things.

http://imgur.com/a/Cc5Zh

Huh, that's pretty cool.

Can't say I've ever seen a GM, but I have got to see some of the crazy stuff they'll pull out.

Like when they were releasing S3 Arena gear on the PTR back in BC, Area 52 was lagging like crazy, so the GMs summoned Raid Bosses to kill everyone and cut down on the lag. Crazy stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/QjuCZ

Saw this on Legion alpha, made me chuckle.

Ra8vYSZ.png

Haha, that's pretty good.

Tenebrous

Huh, that's pretty cool.

Can't say I've ever seen a GM, but I have got to see some of the crazy stuff they'll pull out.

Like when they were releasing S3 Arena gear on the PTR back in BC, Area 52 was lagging like crazy, so the GMs summoned Raid Bosses to kill everyone and cut down on the lag. Crazy stuff.

I asked a GM to appear to me back in Wrath when I wanted to restore some of the D2 I'd deleted... He did, and I was happy! Refused to duel me, though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can someone explain to me how this followers thing works in Legion? I'm afraid it's going to be another time consuming "Facebook" minigame like Garrisons... is it? What differs them from the Draenor followers?

ampere

Can someone explain to me how this followers thing works in Legion? I'm afraid it's going to be another time consuming "Facebook" minigame like Garrisons... is it? What differs them from the Draenor followers?

It's very incomplete on alpha so I can't really test it and quell your fears. It looks like followers can give you a buff (like garrison ability) when you assign them to a zone, but it also looks like there are follower missions. I can't actually do any of them

Ok guys I've killed Deathwing like 5 times for Chromatic Champion on Ysera and Nozdormu and it isn't working. I stand on the platform and let him smack them down to half health and then kill him and its not working? Worked on Kalecgos and Alex...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It's very incomplete on alpha so I can't really test it and quell your fears. It looks like followers can give you a buff (like garrison ability) when you assign them to a zone, but it also looks like there are follower missions. I can't actually do any of them

i wouldnt be surprised if they are some hybrid between naval shipyards and the regular follower missions.

Turns out I can only do the daily dungeon on three of my six toons, which is fine with me. It's enough chances a day. I am also 29K shy of the Corrupted Dreadwing and Revered with 2 out of 3 Tanaan Diplomat Factions. If Hexweave Bags maintain their price and I can keep up output without really playing the Mage, I may be able to buy a Heroic run through Archi for a Moose.

Daniel R

Ok guys I've killed Deathwing like 5 times for Chromatic Champion on Ysera and Nozdormu and it isn't working. I stand on the platform and let him smack them down to half health and then kill him and its not working? Worked on Kalecgos and Alex...

You have to let the tentacles impale and do dmg to each of the four aspects before you kill everything on each platform. You are killing everything too quick.

Got my Defending Champion this morning after a few days of trying on my level 80 hunter who had the Arena Grand Master. Luckily I think I hopped onto an RP realm where no one else was there.

Now I just need the Darkmoon one to match, as I believe that's the only 'hole' in my heirloom collection outside of a couple Garrosh heirlooms (which don't show up as missing if you don't have them anyway). Think I'm missing the shields and the offhand tome - though they're arguably the least useful. Shield woulda been nice for transmog though.

Oh God no. Ships dying is one of the worst ideas Blizz has ever had. It's like they played Fire Emblem and thought that was cool but forgot you had way more control over an FE unit then a ship where life, death, time and tons of resources are decided on the whim of the dice roll

strafer

Huh, that's pretty cool.

I like this! Back when you had the mount in your bags taking up space. Imagine that today. :p

and that gold amount :p

GuucS.jpg

Bisnic

Oh god... mounts taking bag space. Completely forgot about that. Can't imagine that with 200+ mounts nowadays.

I swear all those people wanting classic servers back would probably regret it once they see all the little things like that coming back.

Oh god... mounts taking bag space. Completely forgot about that. Can't imagine that with 200+ mounts nowadays.

I swear all those people wanting classic servers back would probably regret it once they see all the little things like that coming back.

They would. People forget all the small QoL changes over a decade

Bisnic

They would. People forget all the small QoL changes over a decade

Remember the time where priests had to use their wands instead of most of their spells because they were just crap?

Or how about mages always running out of mana and needing to use their free water?

Ret paladins simply autoattacking with judgment spam?

Or when flightpaths weren't connected to each other?

Or when you first mount was at lvl 40? Remember running all through STV and the Barrens ON FOOT?

ampere

But Blizzard should patch all those little things right ;)

Yea it's serious rose-colored goggles. The main reason things were so "wow" back then is the new factor

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should really remove the tank and healer requirement from Crown Chemical. It's not like they even matter.

Or my 4 totems in my bags and my ankhs.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Remember the time where priests had to use their wands instead of most of their spells because they were just crap?

Or how about mages always running out of mana and needing to use their free water?

Ret paladins simply autoattacking with judgment spam?

Or when flightpaths weren't connected to each other?

Or when you first mount was at lvl 40? Remember running all through STV and the Barrens ON FOOT?

Remember when it was super hard to get the gold for your mount unless you got a lucky epic drop?

Bisnic

They should really remove the tank and healer requirement from Crown Chemical. It's not like they even matter.

Or my 4 totems in my bags and my ankhs.

Right... spell reagents. How I do not miss any of them. Someone should make a list of all small QoL changes made in the past decade lol. Would be quite a list.

Micapo

Remember when it was super hard to get the gold for your mount unless you got a lucky epic drop?

I farmed the badlands elementals so much (after lvl 40) to get my mount and also mined mithril like crazy and tried to sell that on the AH.

Kept farming and I got my first epic in either Tyrs Hand or just random in EPL (after dinging 60 no less) which I hoped to sell for crazy amounts (at least so I could get 1k for epic mounts)... problem was it was the Green Tower which was proably worth less than any other epic back then... Ahh well :)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I farmed the badlands elementals so much (after lvl 40) to get my mount and also mined mithril like crazy and tried to sell that on the AH.

Kept farming and I got my first epic in either Tyrs Hand or just random in EPL (after dinging 60 no less) which I hoped to sell for crazy amounts (at least so I could get 1k for epic mounts)... problem was it was the Green Tower which was proably worth less than any other epic back then... Ahh well :)

I remember not getting a mount until I was like level 45 or so, gold was just so hard to come by back then. I wound up crafting Phantom Blades and selling them on the AH, only to have some jerk start undercutting everyone by like 10g and killing the market.

Tenebrous

I got my mount at level 40 for... Nothing, because hurray, Warlocks!

I do wish they'd bring back the quests to obtain pets, though. I'm pretty sure the Succubus or Fel Hunter one took me to Wetlands... Can't remember.

Micapo

I remember not getting a mount until I was like level 45 or so, gold was just so hard to come by back then. I wound up crafting Phantom Blades and selling them on the AH, only to have some jerk start undercutting everyone by like 10g and killing the market.

Haha, yeah, I was about lvl 43 or something of the likes when I got my mount and it was pretty early.

I actually grinded to PvP rank 11 for epic mount instead of saving up a 1000g for epic mounts because that seemed easier than grinding out the gold (for referance Tyrs Hands was the easiest back then but i remember that I got ~4g gold loot from the each Emerald dragon killed with almost a full raid group which seemed like good gold back then) .

I was lousy at the AH game back then though. I remeber when I sold my first stack of Linen Cloth for 36s and was blown away that people paid so much more for it than the vendors

Fjordson

Forgot about that lmao. Vanilla servers nao!

You only need Revered for Tanaan Diplomat, for some reason I got it into my head that I needed Exalted with Order of the Awakened, Vol'Jin's Headhunters and the Saberstalkers. I have Revered with Order and Vol'Jin's, and I'm just 5040 rep points away from Revered with the Saberstalkers. So that's one weekly and three Medallions (trade post boost) away from Draenor Flying?

Robin64

Lets not forget that every spell would have multiple ranks and you knew all the ranks at the same time and THEN sometimes it was better to cast lower ranks. What a mess of buttons.

iirate

light feather
fish oil
soul shards
teleportation runes
portal runes
ankhs

what else am i missing

shiny fish scales

Lets not forget that every spell would have multiple ranks and you knew all the ranks at the same time and THEN sometimes it was better to cast lower ranks. What a mess of buttons.

I had four main heals I used as a resto shaman in TBC - Chain Heal rank 1, rank 2, rank 4, rank 5. I probably used each of those more often than I used Lesser or Greater Healing Wave.

Then, I got to bind a bunch of other skills 4 times for pvp, earth shock rank 1 on both target and focus for a low-cost interrupt, earth shock max rank on target and focus for a burst interrupt, etc.

I loved those days, but there was some real inconvenient shenanigans going on if you wanted to maximize your play.

Also, we got to chug mana potions on cd.

Top Bottom