• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

phierce

You only need Revered for Tanaan Diplomat, for some reason I got it into my head that I needed Exalted with Order of the Awakened, Vol'Jin's Headhunters and the Saberstalkers. I have Revered with Order and Vol'Jin's, and I'm just 5040 rep points away from Revered with the Saberstalkers. So that's one weekly and three Medallions (trade post boost) away from Draenor Flying?
Or rumble in the jungle + a very short time with a decent group farming cats.
save your money and check lfg

Lomax

Doomguard still says "what happened to your friend" when you summon him. They should really toss in some references to all this stuff since we are getting so many class specific quests in Legion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whenever people talk about longing for vanilla WoW and then talk about how they boosted a Shaman in particular because they couldn't stand leveling one
123295-call-of-water.jpg

you know nothing jon snow

ampere

I remember leveling my first main toon, Shaman, as Enhance in BC and when I hit 40 and got Shamanistic Rage... oh man I didn't have to drink in between pulls as much anymore! It would proc mana restore or something silly lol, but at the time it was amazing. That shit would be bullshit if the game came out today, but it was fun as hell back then

I leveled a Rogue up to 50-so in Vanilla and had like level 27 shoulderpads and bracers cuz I was 12 and didn't know wtf I was doing. I remember doing Zul'Farrak and Maruodan a lot. I hung out in Desolace a lot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember leveling my first main toon, Shaman, as Enhance in BC and when I hit 40 and got Shamanistic Rage... oh man I didn't have to drink in between pulls as much anymore! It would proc mana restore or something silly lol, but at the time it was amazing. That shit would be bullshit if the game came out today, but it was fun as hell back then

I think part of my attachment to my Shaman is the bullshit I went through to level him. I see warriors complaining, but I leveled a warrior too and warrior wasn't near as bad.

Prior to level 30 my 'rotation' was

refresh lightning shield
cast earth shock
heal if i need to
wait 6 minutes per kill

then you hit level 30 and you became odin

Savitar

Remember how you could do various professions that branched off? Leather making had three sorts of armors you could end up making but you could only do one of them. Other professions had such decisions too.

I look back at those times and think of how much time was invested but you know what? I loved it. It was fun. It was different. It was huge and there was a world to explore. You never knew what you would see.

Ah those were the days even if nostalgia makes it seem grand.

Remember how you could do various professions that branched off? Leather making had three sorts of armors you could end up making but you could only do one of them. Other professions had such decisions too.

I look back at those times and think of how much time was invested but you know what? I loved it. It was fun. It was different. It was huge and there was a world to explore. You never knew what you would see.

It was more of an RPG then.

Also, I believe profession branching is happening in Legion again.

I think part of my attachment to my Shaman is the bullshit I went through to level him. I see warriors complaining, but I leveled a warrior too and warrior wasn't near as bad.

Prior to level 30 my 'rotation' was

refresh lightning shield
cast earth shock
heal if i need to
wait 6 minutes per kill

then you hit level 30 and you became odin

Not having mail for your first 30 levels was agony

Fuck people nostalgic for vanilla.

ampere

I actually started leveling my Shaman as Resto/Ele. I was like hmm lemme take some healing talents to help me out. Then a friend told me I was doing it wrong and should go full into Enhance, that probably tripled how fast I could kill stuff

You didn't have mail for the first 40 levels.

Your saving grace was windfury at 30

Rockbiter was GOAT though. That +9 dps...

Paladin was super rough for Vanilla leveling.

Judgment was your only active damaging ability right? lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stormstrike was also at level 40. Or maybe it was 30. Dual WIeld and Mail were definitley 40 because once you hit 40 you went to SM and got geared the fuck up

but yeah. no lava lash. no kind of active melee ability whatsoever for your melee character

Entropia

No One Remembers
Stormstrike was also at level 40. Or maybe it was 30. Dual WIeld and Mail were definitley 40 because once you hit 40 you went to SM and got geared the fuck up

but yeah. no lava lash. no kind of active melee ability whatsoever for your melee character

DW wasn't a thing for Shaman in Vanilla, you had to spec to use a 2H.

You had to re-level your 2h abilities if you re-specced too, lol ;(

Entropia

No One Remembers

The only profession that sort of kept that was Alchemy with the potion/elixir/flask master stuff. But that kind of went away in MoP, I think?

ampere

The only profession that sort of kept that was Alchemy with the potion/elixir/flask master stuff. But that kind of went away in MoP, I think?

Still Goblin/Gnomish engineering, some patterns/toys are only for one of them

I recently made the engineering portal items since they are tentatively going to be toys in Legion. Hope they don't renege on that after my hard work :p

ZenaxPure

Hmm yea I guess it was Stormstrike at 40. I didn't buy my account until BC so Shamanistic Rage was a thing, but it was level 50 I guess. I remember getting it in Felwood, and I hit level 40 in STV, so that makes sense. Was amusing looking at the old calculators.

Vanilla: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hZx

BC: http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents/shaman

Those aren't even vanilla talent trees, not really. Every class got a completely redesigned talent tree over the course of vanilla starting with Warriors. The shaman one there was added in 1.11 which meant they only had it for about 6 months, the vast majority of vanilla they were stuck with an even dumber one. Like instead of one talent that increased the effectiveness of your weapon enhancements, rockbiter, flametongue, frostbrand, and windfury all had their own individual talents that were 2 ranks each. Pretty silly stuff.

It's funny how the real vanilla talent trees have mostly faded away on the internet and just the 1.12 versions exist on most websites (mostly due to private servers I assume). Talents were even worse than those for pretty much every class, I mean that survival hunter tree doesn't even have lacerate!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Going through my account and found my vanilla Hunter. Black cow with full Giantstalkers and Rhok'delar, does it get any cooler? Well maybe....

I have so much old school transmog on my various characters, I can't wait until the Legion transmog system hits. Oh damn I just checked out my Paladin, he is a treasure trove of weapons. Back in Sunwell I tanked, healed and DPS'd depending on the fight so I have almost every 1H, 2H and shield from that time period.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I think it's safe to assume the new abilities/specs will be in the pre-launch event since that's when the real patch hits anyways.

I wonder how many Survival Hunters raiding right now are needing on Xu'netash

:D

It took a bit of doing finding a pug--so glad I re-added Resto--but it took almost no time to get Revered with the Saberstalkers and Tanaan Diplomat once one was up and running. I should have the Corrupted Dreadwing in the next two days. I don't know what I'm gonna do once I have it, I've been so fixated on these two things for a few weeks now.

Aylinato

Before transmogs were a thing I kept all my old judgement gear for my paladin. Now whenever I log in it's like I never left vanilla :)

strafer

Legion system req

Legion - System Requirements
New system requirements were recently posted and we took a look at how they compare to the old ones. If you are ready to upgrade, you can take a look at our latest Setup of the Month or ask for assistance on the Computer Forums.

Mac requirements are listed on the Legion and Warlords system requirement pages. Notable increases include the minimum CPU going from a Core2 Duo to i5-750, as well as the minimum (2GB to 4GB) and recommended (4GB to 8GB) RAM being increased.

Minimum
Intel CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 increased to Intel Core2 Duo E8500
AMD CPU: AMD Phenom X3 8750 increased to AMD Phenom II X3 720
Drive Space: 35 GB increased to 45 GB.
Nvidia GPU: 8800 GT increased to GT 440
AMD GPU: Radeon HD 4850 increased to Radeon HD 5670
Intel GPU: HD Graphics 3000 increased to HD Graphics 5000

Recommended
Operating System: Windows 7, 8, or 10 increased to Windows 10.
Intel CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 increased to Intel Core i5-3330
AMD CPU: AMD FX-4100 increased to AMD FX-6300
Nvidia GPU: GTX 470 increased to GTX 750 Ti
AMD GPU: Radeon HD 5870 increased to R7 260X

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...hievements-Complete-Tweets-Demonology-Preview

Windows 10 is going to be a requirement for Legion?

I was so happy about finally getting flying I just hopped on my Gnome Mage and did an aerial tour around Shadowmoon Valley.

Get another 50k Apexis for the toy from the same vendor.

That might be a thing to get after I get Exalted with all WoD factions and collect a few mounts, titles and tabbards. After looking on WoWhead by mounts I mean the Deathtusk Felboar.

Sioen

I'm already having issues with my 970m and 16gb ram and my i7 4720hq.. Which is above the recommended but even with draenor it lags at times and fails to hold 60fps.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm already having issues with my 970m and 16gb ram and my i7 4720hq.. Which is above the recommended but even with draenor it lags at times and fails to hold 60fps.

That's odd, I only have 8gb of ram, i5 4600 something CPU and a Geforce 970, and yet my FPS is pretty stable in Draenor on ultra settings. 60 FPS i think, could get in the 50s sometimes, but I don't notice any of that and I don't have a FPS counter always visible on my screen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's odd, I only have 8gb of ram, i5 4600 something CPU and a Geforce 970, and yet my FPS is pretty stable in Draenor on ultra settings. 60 FPS i think, could get in the 50s sometimes, but I don't notice any of that and I don't have a FPS counter always visible on my screen.
A 970 is very different from a 970m.

Apathy

Windows 10 is going to be a requirement for Legion?

I was so happy about finally getting flying I just hopped on my Gnome Mage and did an aerial tour around Shadowmoon Valley.

That might be a thing to get after I get Exalted with all WoD factions and collect a few mounts, titles and tabbards. After looking on WoWhead by mounts I mean the Deathtusk Felboar.

The recommended specs well have windows 10, not the minimum

So I think it's safe to assume the new abilities/specs will be in the pre-launch event since that's when the real patch hits anyways.

I wonder how many Survival Hunters raiding right now are needing on Xu'netash

Usually what happens, the pre launch patch has the talent changes and system changes. Hell we already know the pre patch this time will have demon hunters starting area.

Trying to get the Big Love Rocket on 10 toons each day. Talk about tedious...

I hate this mount and I hate running this boss on multiple toons for it every fucking year (also Halloween boss, seriously fuck all of my friends having it and getting it again every year and I still don't have it).

So I feel your pain.

I just noticed this thread despite how long I've been here. Any other fellow raiders out there?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not an expert on video cards, but I'll trust you on this. :p I suppose the "m" means "mobile", ie : laptop's video card?

Yeah, a 970m more in line with a desktop 960 so not comparable with a desktop 970 which is much more powerful.

Just an example of the difference, here's a benchmark for Battlefield 4, you can see the 960, 960 OC and 970 at the bottom.

RPGCrazied

Eeek at the system requirements jump in Legion.

I really don't want to upgrade. I'm hoping I can still play Legion fine. Sounds like I might have to lower a setting or two. Specially terrain distance when I hear its getting increased in Legion.

Top Bottom