• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Meier

This game is tedious as hell and gets super old playing 2 characters let alone double digits. 34? Lol. I'm probably about at my limit for this expansion I think.. it just gets so boring doing the same stuff over and over.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Try 34 characters a day...
Well, the first day I only did 18 before I got fed up.

Wtf? You've got 34 lvl 100?

This is on a whole another lvl of insanity lol.

Why do you have multiple characters of the same classes? I figured having one of each would be just enough to stop with alts.

Meier

I've been using the same desktop since November 2009. Found my specs from my old orders..

GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Triple-Core 2.8 GHz Socket AM3 95W HDZ720WFGIBOX Black Processor
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) DirectX 11 100283L 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI

Minimum
AMD CPU: AMD Phenom X3 8750 increased to AMD Phenom II X3 720
AMD GPU: Radeon HD 4850 increased to Radeon HD 5670

Looks like I'll probably struggle with Legion -- hit the minimums but not by much!

Sioen

Yeah, a 970m more in line with a desktop 960 so not comparable with a desktop 970 which is much more powerful.

Just an example of the difference, here's a benchmark for Battlefield 4, you can see the 960, 960 OC and 970 at the bottom.

I do have 3gb of vram.

Apathy

I hate this mount and I hate running this boss on multiple toons for it every fucking year (also Halloween boss, seriously fuck all of my friends having it and getting it again every year and I still don't have it).

So I feel your pain.

I just noticed this thread despite how long I've been here. Any other fellow raiders out there?

Mythic arch for me. Lots of different levels here though, and we're all nice too.

Robin64

qXRBfRh.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Healers are in such short supply low level, I've been levelling my Warrior from 60 100% in dungeons and I often have to wait 5 - 7 minutes for a queue as a tank. I'm now 75 but it's taking much longer than it should simply because no one heals at low level. Once I get to 90 it's gg though, I have flying now so I'll just bosh that out in 2 days by looting boxes.

Daniel R

Wtf? You've got 34 lvl 100?

This is on a whole another lvl of insanity lol.

Why do you have multiple characters of the same classes? I figured having one of each would be just enough to stop with alts.

Purely because of goldmaking reasons. Garrisons are easy and make a lot of gold.
I've made about 10 million in WoD.

Apathy

Healers are in such short supply low level, I've been levelling my Warrior from 60 100% in dungeons and I often have to wait 5 - 7 minutes for a queue as a tank. I'm now 75 but it's taking much longer than it should simply because no one heals at low level. Once I get to 90 it's gg though, I have flying now so I'll just bosh that out in 2 days by looting boxes.

It's cause before say 60, healing is a joke in the old instances. You don't even need one the way they have been remade. At 60, questing becomes hard again cause those mobs never got looked at and the instance become somewhat hard because all of TBC dungeons have stun mechanics that fuck over tanks, even in heirlooms cause they mass pull and forget they can't dodge or block or parry while stunned, so healing these things becomes less fun. People end up realizing that they didn't actually learn to heal from 0-60 and decided to switch to dps or decide that healing is a thankless job so they quit.

Bisnic

Purely because of goldmaking reasons. Garrisons are easy and make a lot of gold.
I've made about 10 million in WoD.

But you don't need 34 lvl 100s to make a lot of gold with garrisons, and you certainly do not need 10 millions of gold to play this game. What are you even doing with all that money? Paying for your subscription for the next 100 years?

It's already a pain in the ass to manage my 9 alts with garrisons everyday, upgrading followers along the way, opening boxes, making work orders. I mean, it's completely worth it for the gold, to buy those 100-300k mounts and my subscription, but I certainly do not need millions of gold.
I can't imagine how you have time to even play the game with 34 Garrisons to manage.

ZenaxPure

I can't imagine how you have time to even play the game with 34 Garrisons to manage.

I don't know why this is always the sticking point with people, I'm up to 20 garrisons per day now and just doing missions and profession stuff (on characters I have professions on anyway) takes like 30-40 minutes tops, it is not a big deal. I could make it more time consuming if I wanted, but, I choose not to. Putting in even the minimum amount of effort still nets you heaps of gold. I make 100k per week easy right now and a lot more on weeks where rare missions are super nice to me (like a couple weeks back when I got 6 champion honors over the course of one week).

As for the point of gold - if you want rare stuff you absolutely need millions. I've spent probably about 2-3 million gold so far this expansion on TCG items and that is without even touching the BMAH. If I wanted to put together a single T3 set that is going to be another 2-3 million gold, and I am lucky and am on a server where those items are not always selling at the gold cap.

Also garrison management is a non-issue nowadays, you can buy resource crates super cheap so getting all your buildings to level 3 in 1 day is easy and thanks to frozen arms you can get a follower to max ilvl the moment they hit level 100.

Daniel R

But you don't need 34 lvl 100s to make a lot of gold with garrisons, and you certainly do not need 10 millions of gold to play this game. What are you even doing with all that money? Paying for your subscription for the next 100 years?

It's already a pain in the ass to manage my 9 alts with garrisons everyday, upgrading followers along the way, opening boxes, making work orders. I mean, it's completely worth it for the gold, to buy those 100-300k mounts and my subscription, but I certainly do not need millions of gold.

2 accounts in europe paying for the token is 125k a month, 1 million only last 8 months.
I've spent 2 million+ just on boosts for my main.
This is why I am saving for the future. Garrison gold is going away and I won't have to make gold in Legion to keep paying with gold for my tokens.
Also, a lot of alts makes it faster to get rare drop mounts from old raids.

Apathy

Yeah, "working" months for a raid CD that trivializes content is as bad as it gets.

makes already thin content be even thinner waiting for the expansion rather than still keeping some challenge. As it goes, Iskar is probably the hardest thing right now even with the ring because you can still wipe to human error due to the eye.

Bisnic

2 accounts in europe paying for the token is 125k a month, 1 million only last 8 months.
I've spent 2 million+ just on boosts for my main.
This is why I am saving for the future. Garrison gold is going away and I won't have to make gold in Legion to keep paying with gold for my tokens.
Also, a lot of alts makes it faster to get rare drop mounts from old raids.

I forgot how Europe have to pay twice as more as NA for tokens. Thank god it's still around 35-38k here.
Still miss the early days where it was at 20k though.

ZenaxPure

Yep this is another super important point, it is highly unlikely gold will ever be this easy to make again (in regards of how much effort/time is required).

Once Legion hits I fully expect to be in a situation where I am losing more gold than I am bringing in on a given week (since that is the norm for me in every expansion but WoD), so I want a very big cushion so I don't have to worry about it for a very long time.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's cause before say 60, healing is a joke in the old instances. You don't even need one the way they have been remade. At 60, questing becomes hard again cause those mobs never got looked at and the instance become somewhat hard because all of TBC dungeons have stun mechanics that fuck over tanks, even in heirlooms cause they mass pull and forget they can't dodge or block or parry while stunned, so healing these things becomes less fun. People end up realizing that they didn't actually learn to heal from 0-60 and decided to switch to dps or decide that healing is a thankless job so they quit.

My main is a Resto Shaman and I found dungeons to be insanely easy, it was only when I had a bad group that I even had to pay attention really. If I were a healer I'd be in the queue all day getting instant dungeons, it must be so fast for them. I'm getting there though, the worst is nearly over as 80 - 90 is much nicer than 70 - 80 IMO.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
A couple of my buddies convinced me to try a WOTLK private server, which is something I am definitely more interested than a vanilla one. I rolled a warlock but I totally don't remember what spec is best for leveling. Demo doesn't get felguard until friggin 50 so that seems like a bad choice.

Should have the Swift Lovebird mount later today. Then I'll need to work on the pets and the achievement for the toy.

Already burning out on Love Rocket. Dunno if I really wanna queue for that like 7 times a day without any tank or healer characters.

Lovebird was already down to ~20k. Not sure if worth grinding out a second to sell later down the line.

My main is a Resto Shaman and I found dungeons to be insanely easy, it was only when I had a bad group that I even had to pay attention really. If I were a healer I'd be in the queue all day getting instant dungeons, it must be so fast for them. I'm getting there though, the worst is nearly over as 80 - 90 is much nicer than 70 - 80 IMO.

In my experience leveling I've tank is always insta-queue, healer is about 1-3 mins (insta-queues as a healer are usually terri-bad), and dps is like 10-15 minutes. I've level healers in PVE and am always in dungeon queue from 15 on up.

Totally agree with the bolded. Heirlooms make leveling dungeons brain dead easy, less so if you don't have them and the shit hits the fan.

Already burning out on Love Rocket. Dunno if I really wanna queue for that like 7 times a day without any tank or healer characters.

I tap out at two dps queues, at least my mains offspec is healing and the queues are only 1-3 minutes. Can't imagine doing seven dps toons, the queue times take longer than the "dungeon".

Apathy

In my experience leveling I've tank is always insta-queue, healer is about 1-3 mins (insta-queues as a healer are usually terri-bad), and dps is like 10-15 minutes. I've level healers in PVE and am always in dungeon queue from 15 on up.

Totally agree with the bolded. Heirlooms make leveling dungeons brain dead easy, less so if you don't have them and the shit hits the fan.

I tap out at two dps queues, at least my mains offspec is healing and the queues are only 1-3 minutes. Can't imagine doing seven dps toons, the queue times take longer than the "dungeon".

Unless you are a pure dps on those alts dont queue as a dps. Even going into the instance as a dps and just kill it, the valentines bosses dont really need a healer or tank.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are you allowed to trade gold with people? Like I have gold on Outland Alliance but I need it on Tarren Mill Horde. And if they go first is it perfectly safe? There's no scam they can pull after the fact?

Are you allowed to trade gold with people? Like I have gold on Outland Alliance but I need it on Tarren Mill Horde. And if they go first is it perfectly safe? There's no scam they can pull after the fact?

I'm curious about this also. I've got gold on a Horde character that I'd like to send to an Alliance character. I did a Google search but it seemed like all of the information was outdated.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious about this also. I've got gold on a Horde character that I'd like to send to an Alliance character. I did a Google search but it seemed like all of the information was outdated.

I found a method. Buy a battle pet on your main server, box it on your alt server and sell it there. Make sure you buy popular pets that are more expensive on your alt server. I just bought one for 6.7k and listed it for 9.9k and another for 7k which I've listed for 12.5k. I also found out I had a pet worth 15k just sitting in my pet thingy which was a nice surprise. Hopefully they all sell, if they do I will have the gold I need on my alt server an I would have made a nice profit to boot!

I found a method. Buy a battle pet on your main server, box it on your alt server and sell it there. Make sure you buy popular pets that are more expensive on your alt server. I just bought one for 6.7k and listed it for 9.9k and another for 7k which I've listed for 12.5k. I also found out I had a pet worth 15k just sitting in my pet thingy which was a nice surprise. Hopefully they all sell, if they do I will have the gold I need on my alt server an I would have made a nice profit to boot!

Oh, all of my characters are on the same server. Doesn't seem like this works after reading up on it.

cdyhybrid

Eeek at the system requirements jump in Legion.

I really don't want to upgrade. I'm hoping I can still play Legion fine. Sounds like I might have to lower a setting or two. Specially terrain distance when I hear its getting increased in Legion.
I'm still above the recommended specs so I'm not too worried, but I haven't upgraded since Skyrim came out. It's about time, but I'm broke :(

The ah is both factions now, so moving gold on the same server is trivial, you just lose the ah cut. Or just sell a pet where you want the gold.

I tried listing an item for how much I wanted transferred and then buying it on the other side and it told me, "you can't bid on your own auction."

So you just get someone to list a junk item for an insane amount of gold, which conveniently is the amount you want to move across servers. You get a friend to list the crap item on the server and faction you want to go to, buy the crap item, and then have your friend transfer your gold to you on the other server.

Apathy

So you just get someone to list a junk item for an insane amount of gold, which conveniently is the amount you want to move across servers. You get a friend to list the crap item on the server and faction you want to go to, buy the crap item, and then have your friend transfer your gold to you on the other server.

Don't forget the extra cut the ah takes and factor that into the price.

Tenebrous

Are druid tanks squishier than Warriors when it comes purely to damage taken, or does 9 (719/728) iLvls make a 9m (assault) 4m (reaver) 5m (kormrok) difference in damage taken on properly tanked encounter kills explainable?

Fjordson

Dumb question, but does the Love Rocket drop from the event bosses? Or is it in the Heart-Shaped Box reward you get once a day?

Basically, if going for the mount, is there any point to running it more than once a day per character?

Tenebrous

Dumb question, but does the Love Rocket drop from the event bosses? Or is it in the Heart-Shaped Box reward you get once a day?

Basically, if going for the mount, is there any point to running it more than once a day per character?

It's in the box with a 0.03% droprate, so no.

The drop rate is pathetically low. It's a mount that I look at and hope maybe instead of actively going for.

Just got the achievement for 600 pets...no wonder I'm broke

Top Bottom