• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Next time you're on would you help me with that gold transfer?

Edit: Thanks again!

No problem.

WoW's most expensive Wild Hog Shank?

nB8jbI4.jpg

Okay I've made it to northrend! I've been originally trying to blast through the game but now.... I think I want to take my time with it. So I'm going to do quests even if I out level em and just enjoy the lore and story scattered about. Having a friend who knows his shit and with a level 100 character that i got with legion means im soloing the old raids so i think i'm doing the smartest thing for the story.

I feel dumb waiting this long to play, anyplace in northrend I can't afford to miss quest wise?

Man, I feel like I've been wasting my time making and upgrading crafted gear or farming Baleful tokens in Tanaan, the Season 3 Ashran gear is pretty much a flat-out upgrade over everything I've made or found. The only real problem is I having to play Ashran. I've been enjoying random BG's more.

anyplace in northrend I can't afford to miss quest wise?

Do every quest, particularly in Dragonblight, because there's all sorts of neat little lore hooks you get rewarded with for being a quest completionist in WotLK.

Once I get a few more things on my Shaman I'm gonna shelve it and focus on leveling this Hunter. There's a few classes I want to have at 100 for Legion but this Hunter is shaping out to be the most fun so far. It's the most PVP I've played to date. Even though I'm horrendously under-geared compared to everyone I'm playing with and against, I'm holding my own.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Storm Peaks is pretty damn epic, the whole sons of hodir chain especially which starts with the "They Took Our Men" quest.

I just did that chain on my alt, and while it's "epic", there's a lot of long back and forth going on between quests. I would have prefered doing Sholazar instead during 77-80. Quests are usually packed around the same area, and there is less flying to do.

Mythic arch for me. Lots of different levels here though, and we're all nice too.

Awesome, my guild is currently working on mythic Xhul atm.

Okay I've made it to northrend! I've been originally trying to blast through the game but now.... I think I want to take my time with it. So I'm going to do quests even if I out level em and just enjoy the lore and story scattered about. Having a friend who knows his shit and with a level 100 character that i got with legion means im soloing the old raids so i think i'm doing the smartest thing for the story.

I feel dumb waiting this long to play, anyplace in northrend I can't afford to miss quest wise?

Dragonblight, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown have the best stories imo.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
the quest in Icecrown about Bridenbrad.

Some amazing stuff there.

No power on Azeroth can save someone from the undead plague, unless of course a naaru feels like it.

Milennia

School is eating away at me right now, only log on for scheduled raids and i feel like crap about it but most people are at that point anyway.

Having all this time away from the game makes me want to play though.

Apathy

Awesome, my guild is currently working on mythic Xhul atm.

Dragonblight, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown have the best stories imo.

Hated that and manno, we only have one full time dk, so our raid leader needed to go get his alt geared up just to have a second gorefiends grasp.

Entropia

No One Remembers
School is eating away at me right now, only log on for scheduled raids and i feel like crap about it but most people are at that point anyway.

Having all this time away from the game makes me want to play though.

Your types of guilds are always like that though, I've noticed. You spend every waking hour raiding for a few weeks and then you basically play even less than a 'casual' as you wait for the next round of content.

Apathy

Your types of guilds are always like that though, I've noticed. You spend every waking hour raiding for a few weeks and then you basically play even less than a 'casual' as you wait for the next round of content.

I had my fun at the start of the raid tier, more it's just farming mounts for people before the expansion, maybe get some characters to 100 to better pick for what to play on legion, and name gold for legion. It's nice and relaxing to do that and yeah I do end up playing really casually while we wait so I don't burn out since I go really hard for the first 2 weeks. People shouldn't feel bad

Just completed my legendary ring having never set foot in a "real raid". Too bad I missed the MoP cloak. I was only subbed the first 3 months of MoP and only resubbed again at Draenor's launch.

Neil_J_UK

Speaking of alts, my friend is pretty crazy, he has 200 level 100's purely for making gold via garrisons. He multi box levels them and has addons to automate all the garrison work. There was an article on MMO champion last year about how many max level characters people have on average, and they mentioned an anomaly with one account with 200 lvl 100's - that was my friend lol. He has over 200million gold and is in the process of levelling another 200 characters.

I don't know why this is always the sticking point with people, I'm up to 20 garrisons per day now and just doing missions and profession stuff (on characters I have professions on anyway) takes like 30-40 minutes tops, it is not a big deal. I could make it more time consuming if I wanted, but, I choose not to. Putting in even the minimum amount of effort still nets you heaps of gold. I make 100k per week easy right now and a lot more on weeks where rare missions are super nice to me (like a couple weeks back when I got 6 champion honors over the course of one week).

As for the point of gold - if you want rare stuff you absolutely need millions. I've spent probably about 2-3 million gold so far this expansion on TCG items and that is without even touching the BMAH. If I wanted to put together a single T3 set that is going to be another 2-3 million gold, and I am lucky and am on a server where those items are not always selling at the gold cap.

Also garrison management is a non-issue nowadays, you can buy resource crates super cheap so getting all your buildings to level 3 in 1 day is easy and thanks to frozen arms you can get a follower to max ilvl the moment they hit level 100.

What professions are you using that are helping you hit 100k a week? I have 7 100s I believe and I think I only net like 2k or so a day from missions and shit like that. Obviously you have 20 characters so that helps, but I must be missing the train here because I feel like my gold making is going slow as fuck.

Robin64

Speaking of alts, my friend is pretty crazy, he has 200 level 100's purely for making gold via garrisons. He multi box levels them and has addons to automate all the garrison work. There was an article on MMO champion last year about how many max level characters people have on average, and they mentioned an anomaly with one account with 200 lvl 100's - that was my friend lol. He has over 200million gold and is in the process of levelling another 200 characters.

..........................thefuck

Bisnic

Jobless friend I assume? If so, I have no idea how he have time to do that, even with multiboxing and addons. I thought 34 was crazy, 200 is just...I dunno. No words. Does he sleep an healthy amount of hours? How many accounts is that in total? And he wants to do another 200? The fuck indeed.

Neil_J_UK

Jobless friend I assume? If so, I have no idea how he have time to do that. I thought 34 garrisons to manage was crazy, 200 is just impossible. Does he sleep an healthy amount of hours?

Yeah he's jobless. He said with some addon it only takes him 20 seconds to complete and re-start garrison missions on 10 characters as he multiboxes it all, so it really doesn't take him that long.

It's cool, he buys me pretty much whatever I need, but he's scared to send me gold in case Blizz think he's selling it (which he hasn't, and has no intention of doing). He's been reported and banned before multiple times incorrectly as people assume he's botting, but it always gets sorted.

Found the MMO Champ article:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Level-100-Characters-Poll-Blue-Tweets-DLC-482

Armory Stats - Number of Max-Level Characters
Today we are taking a look at the number of Level 100 characters that players have compared to the number they had a month or so after release. There are 6.1 million characters and 3.1 million accounts that make up this sample at Level 100. It appears people have had time to level alts in the past few months

While collecting this data, we came across some fun outliers, such as the player that has 195+ Level 100 characters.

ampere

Pretty sure there's still a cap of 50 toons per account, but sounds like they'd be spread across accounts if he's multiboxing. That's nuts anyway

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah he's jobless. He said with some addon it only takes him 20 seconds to complete and re-start garrison missions on 10 characters as he multiboxes it all, so it really doesn't take him that long.

It's cool, he buys me pretty much whatever I need, but he's scared to send me gold in case Blizz think he's selling it (which he hasn't, and has no intention of doing). He's been reported and banned before multiple times incorrectly as people assume he's botting, but it always gets sorted.

Found the MMO Champ article:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Level-100-Characters-Poll-Blue-Tweets-DLC-482

How is he jobless and affording all of this? :O

Bisnic

How is he jobless and affording all of this? :O

200 characters is like 4 accounts(8 if he ever gets to 400 characters). But since he's a WoW millionnaire, I guess he plays for free forever. Although he still has to pay the base game + Draenor 4-8 times... that's quite a bit of money just to be a WoW millionnaire, especially when you don't have a job. That just can't be good for him to spend so much effort, time & money for a single game. At this point, it's more like the game controls him lol.

Hated that and manno, we only have one full time dk, so our raid leader needed to go get his alt geared up just to have a second gorefiends grasp.
We have 2 now and its been pretty helpful just got him to 14% last night, I hate the fight mainly because I'm a Rogue so I have to run all over the god damn place between dropping the fire, getting the black holes, clearing fire with the debuff from the black hole, ect. It's freaking annoying.

... Why? Just... why? I mean damn I'm pretty proud of having just hit 1 million across all of my toons on 1 server... just god damn.

Does he have a toon on Arthas? He should gamble with me.

Entropia

No One Remembers
200 characters is like 4 accounts(8 if he ever gets to 400 characters). But since he's a WoW millionnaire, I guess he plays for free forever. Although he still has to pay the base game + Draenor 4-8 times... that's quite a bit of money just to be a WoW millionnaire, especially when you don't have a job. That just can't be good for him to spend so much effort, time & money for a single game. At this point, it's more like the game controls him lol.

True, with that amount of gold he doesn't have to pay a sub fee.

Milennia

We still play games with each other, like we play overwatch every night atm it's just that there's literally 0 for us to do in the game atm, everyone is beyond 4 gold caps and we don't make any alt decisions until the final or first beta balance pass.

Mid tier luls are usually spent doing splits or attempting to do that fills the time.

Some guilds I know of do 3 splits DURING A 9 month farm period.. Yeah no it's pretty useless outside of 1 extra sale per week, but our sales schedule already consist of 4 carrying full mythic on Tuesdays then a double heroic on Sunday's and the double heroic is such a slog, even beta is in a lul right now

It's all about pacing and not burning your players out, but my guild is a special case since we are all friends who do stuff outside of the game etc. and raid at the level we do which is rare

I mostly enjoy the casual life post content though tbh, Its just that I really enjoy the alpha content so far etc. so it really makes me want to play but I would honestly just rather play overwatch with peeps with my 2 or so hours per day of free time outside of raid nights, just realllly want to play legion

ZenaxPure

What professions are you using that are helping you hit 100k a week? I have 7 100s I believe and I think I only net like 2k or so a day from missions and shit like that. Obviously you have 20 characters so that helps, but I must be missing the train here because I feel like my gold making is going slow as fuck.

I have every profession at max but the only ones I actually tend to on a daily basis are: alchemy labs, enchanting huts, tailoring buildings, and the daily quest/cooldown from inscription and JC buildings. Alch and enchanting I just crank out work orders and sell the mats, tailoring I use for bags. Honestly too lazy to optimize it or anything, I'd say in the grand scheme of things professions aren't a ton of my weekly gold flow.

Also not directly related but worth pointing out you should be spending the primal spirits you have on stuff. I tend to get tons of them from follower missions each week and there is no real reason to just sit on them. For how many characters I have it nets me an extra 10k gold a week roughly from trading them for savage bloods and selling those (which are worth about 100g on my server).

I switched all my characters to have enchanting huts and crank out crystals on those now. I should make sure the tailors have tailoring huts for bags (they're like 750g a pop or so), but I haven't been bothered (hell I don't even do the daily CD on a regular basis). Still make stupid amounts of gold with only 6 max level garrisons (only about 2-3 optimized) just from missions. Though I end up gambling away a fair amount during raid :(

Goal right now is looking like 2+ gold caps before Legion after whatever expenses (might buy CM carries from my guild - that would probably be the biggest purchase if I can't get a group myself).

One of the benefits of playing on one of the more populous realms, Hexweave Bags go for 1500+ on Dalaran. I'm not really playing my mage alt but I make sure to do its profession daily, tailor hut and barn resource generation (I just farm wolves in SMV in front of the garrison quick). Stockpile hexweave and buy Sorcerous Earth when it's cheap when I don't have Primal Spirits to spend on them. I also do bling on the mage for free hexweave. I can make a couple of bags for the AH every week without really spending much time on the alt.

Daniel R

I don't know why this is always the sticking point with people, I'm up to 20 garrisons per day now and just doing missions and profession stuff (on characters I have professions on anyway) takes like 30-40 minutes tops, it is not a big deal. I could make it more time consuming if I wanted, but, I choose not to. Putting in even the minimum amount of effort still nets you heaps of gold. I make 100k per week easy right now and a lot more on weeks where rare missions are super nice to me (like a couple weeks back when I got 6 champion honors over the course of one week).

As for the point of gold - if you want rare stuff you absolutely need millions. I've spent probably about 2-3 million gold so far this expansion on TCG items and that is without even touching the BMAH. If I wanted to put together a single T3 set that is going to be another 2-3 million gold, and I am lucky and am on a server where those items are not always selling at the gold cap.

Also garrison management is a non-issue nowadays, you can buy resource crates super cheap so getting all your buildings to level 3 in 1 day is easy and thanks to frozen arms you can get a follower to max ilvl the moment they hit level 100.

Agreed. Clearing out missions once a day and doing profession cooldowns on 34 characters takes about 45 minutes.
This is with alternating accounts on two screens. When one is logging in or out, I reset missions on the other screen. Twice a week I reset the garrison resource cache and work orders. This takes about two hours. Doing only enchants and bags, plus alchemy stuff for the trinket shuffle. I sell on the ah: Bags, enchants, rare 675 mission drops.

With 34 lvl 100s this nets me between 35-45 k a day on average. The prices have dropped a lot on bags - 700 gold and enchants - 60-70 gold per temporal crystal used.

Inversive

Is there a GAF EU server? Thinking of resubbing when Demon hunter becomes available with preorder. Haven't played since start of WoD probably burnt out since i've played since vanilla (with many breaks) Also is there a date when the new class becomes available to play?

Haven't read anything wow related for ages but got hype when i saw the cinematic earlier today :(

cdyhybrid

Is there a GAF EU server? Thinking of resubbing when Demon hunter becomes available with preorder. Haven't played since start of WoD probably burnt out since i've played since vanilla (with many breaks) Also is there a date when the new class becomes available to play?

Haven't read anything wow related for ages but got hype when i saw the cinematic earlier today :(
There's no GAF server, we're all kind of scattered across servers. I'm sure some of our friendly Euros can tell you where they play, though.

Tenebrous

I'm not saying that in an "Oh no, keep away from me, noob" kinda way, but instead a "Do yourself a favour mate & avoid this shithole" kinda way.

Top Bottom