• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Robin64

That's a pretty big lore bomb, and reveals why Azeroth is so special..

wowchroniclesample-page-006jpg-19cefe.jpg

It's a frickin' egg.

ZenaxPure

That's a pretty big lore bomb, and reveals why Azeroth is so special..

It's a frickin' egg.

We kinda had a hint of this already so not ultra surprising. If you recall the leg quest chain in MoP part of it involved Wrathion finding ancient knowledge from lei shen and Ra-den (a titan watcher) by eating his heart. There is a part in his dialogue where he talks about needing azeroth to create the final titan. I imagine that is the same storyline and they've had it brewing for a while now. This quest.

I really, really miss playing Horde. I thought I could stick it out as Alliance, but...

Any recommendations for a good Horde dominated server? PvE only. Area 52 is a bit too populated for my liking. I was thinking Hyjal, maybe?

I'll still raid with my Alliance guild once a week, but I'd prefer to find a Horde home for Legion.

Tenebrous

Defies brotherhood, rp-pvp.

I've a friend who used to play on Bladefist (still has toons there) that plays on Defias, and he really enjoys it. The faction balance is pretty much 50/50, too!

Best addon to collect toys with? Just want something which shows what I'm eligible to buy/farm & for what price, with the option to list from cheapest to most expensive.

Sioen

I've a friend who used to play on Bladefist (still has toons there) that plays on Defias, and he really enjoys it. The faction balance is pretty much 50/50, too!

Best addon to collect toys with? Just want something which shows what I'm eligible to buy/farm & for what price, with the option to list from cheapest to most expensive.
Defias is great, it has no cross-realm issues as all the rp pvp realms are now one. This also means that it is quieter while levelling in the old zones since you do not play with other realms. However I prefer it. Since all the rp pvp realms are one now, it actually gets that community feel together with the near 50/50 split.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I'd complain a lot less about Tanaan dailies and do them on more alts if they just tripled the amount of progress regular mobs give for completion. It's so stupid how the only way to get it done any kind of quickness is RNG/luck of getting the mini objectives or finding rares

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
You know, I'd complain a lot less about Tanaan dailies and do them on more alts if they just tripled the amount of progress regular mobs give for completion. It's so stupid how the only way to get it done any kind of quickness is RNG/luck of getting the mini objectives or finding rares

they have the item that warps you to a nearby rare... i just use that on cooldown and do other things while im waiting for it to come back up. i'll mostly find some other rares during that time anyway.

ZenaxPure

Yeah this is what I've been saying all along, having multiple ways to fill up the bar is pointless when each area only has one pretty optimal way to do it. Would really just prefer normal ass quests like kill 10 dudes.

Tenebrous

... For who? I can't really think who'd that be for. I'm HOPING it's for Protection Warriors, as our weapon looks absolutely terrible... But would that really make sense? I mean, we're stoic & poised, and a flail (to me) just seems like a bit of a swingy weapon - Something that, perhaps, Fury would use.

Tenebrous

Sure, because when I think of servants of The Light, I think of bloody, spikey maces.

That better not be a fucking Holydin weapon!

Prot Paladin I can understand. Sort of brings them in line with the Diablo III Crusader... That'd be cool, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've always found my balance druid an amazing survivor since Burning Crusade compared to any other non-pet class but it's kind of amazing what I can do at only ilvl 670 with this guy

I can jump into the most busy part of Zeth'Gol, pop a rejuv, pop a starfall and just fucking murder everything.

The way they designed Tanaan's dailies is terrible. Enemies (trash mobs) should provide more progress towards clearing a blue bar daily rather than some resource point. It encourages shit behaviour amongst players, even on the same faction. People constantly snipe other peoples resource points and this is made even worse by some players having flying while others don't. It's the polar opposite of the world bosses and rares encouraging cooperation through mutual self-interest. One fosters cooperation, the others makes people play like assholes. I don't blame players for prioritising the things that will help them clear the blue dailies, they're boring as fuck, it's on Blizzard to shift the reward to change how people play it. Not that that will happen at this point.

Lomax

Those zones really should follow a "public quest" model, where you join in once you're in the area automatically and everyone works towards success. They could even tie that to events and bosses, which they sort of did on the iron front but nowhere else. All that said, it's still better than kill 25 mob quests because at least you have some options. Look at how wiped out the demon areas are when that daily is up for example.

Queued for the event dungeon while doing garrison chores on my shaman, queue popped while I was in my mines, I accept, completed the dungeon and when it tries to load me into my garrison it places me in this void under my garrison where the mine should be, boots me out to the main menu and logs me out of WoW.

Support ticket time.

Good thing I'm kind of done with that Shaman atm.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In unrelated UI news, I decided to uninstall dominos and go back to the default UI since I find bar addons not to get along too well with my druid and I usually find the default UI mostly fine.

I finally got it sorted on my druid and we're good to go and all that... but I am now terrified to go into my 12 other alts and do them

Holy shit their CS is fast and super friendly. Within 15 minutes of making the ticket I was talking to a GM in-game, within another 15 minutes I could log-in to my character again. That just destroys every other CS I've ever dealt with.

PVP pet battles dont really seem balanced whatsoever. I keep getting destroyed by teams that have stuff like Hatespark, Graves, Lil XT, Lil KT, Blizzcon pets...

In a bidding war on a Hatespark right now. Just bid 20k and it has 2 hours left, assume it will jump out of my range soon

Tenebrous

PVP pet battles dont really seem balanced whatsoever. I keep getting destroyed by teams that have stuff like Hatespark, Graves, Lil XT, Lil KT, Blizzcon pets...

In a bidding war on a Hatespark right now. Just bid 20k and it has 2 hours left, assume it will jump out of my range soon

Graves is ridiculous. The event gives no seal/valor/raid chest, so I'm just not going to bother.

Graves is ridiculous. The event gives no seal/valor/raid chest, so I'm just not going to bother.

Yeah, the reward being an insta level 25 boost is...shitty? I can fight the draenei girl in Shadowmoon and have a level 1 slap her Elekk once during the event with the safari hat on and they jump to level 21 instantly...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The way they designed Tanaan's dailies is terrible. Enemies (trash mobs) should provide more progress towards clearing a blue bar daily rather than some resource point. It encourages shit behaviour amongst players, even on the same faction. People constantly snipe other peoples resource points and this is made even worse by some players having flying while others don't. It's the polar opposite of the world bosses and rares encouraging cooperation through mutual self-interest. One fosters cooperation, the others makes people play like assholes. I don't blame players for prioritising the things that will help them clear the blue dailies, they're boring as fuck, it's on Blizzard to shift the reward to change how people play it. Not that that will happen at this point.
Senselessly grinding mobs doesn't really sound that appealing to me. Objective based gameplay provides places of interest inside the areas that feel important to me. Obviously it can be frustrating when other people occupying an area essentially lock you out of it, but I still feel like this is better than the alternative. Joining groups for these quests is always easy, but it can make things harder for solo players to really compete. If Tanaan was a little more free form it would matter less, but with how dailies push most players into a small shared space things can really feel overcrowded.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any tips for Xemirkol? I'm a 700 ilvl enhancement shaman so I figure with all my cooldowns plus garrison abilities plus knowing how to deal with mechanics plus spirit heal, i should be ok

Robin64

Any tips for Xemirkol? I'm a 700 ilvl enhancement shaman so I figure with all my cooldowns plus garrison abilities plus knowing how to deal with mechanics plus spirit heal, i should be ok

You can interrupt Mind Blast, but everything else just needs to be avoided. You might need a few goes to get it down, but it's not too bad. I did it at a much lower ilvl than you, so the mechanics are definitely the biggest thing about the fight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can interrupt Mind Blast, but everything else just needs to be avoided. You might need a few goes to get it down, but it's not too bad. I did it at a much lower ilvl than you, so the mechanics are definitely the biggest thing about the fight.

Yeah, I've downed Kanrethad and Brawlers Guild in MOP so as long as it's not just a gear check, I figured I'd be fine

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Predator achieved.

Got sketchy near the end because I've been awake for way too long and wasn't paying attention to my health

Tenebrous

I know it's only me, but I wish off-spec artifacts were either months after launch or didn't happen at all. Let people commit & make a choice for once.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know it's only me, but I wish off-spec artifacts were either months after launch or didn't happen at all. Let people commit & make a choice for once.
People don't even really have a way to know what they'll like or want to play. Given the commitment required to filling out the artifact tree I think there will be substantially less spec swapping on release.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Wow that'd be terrible for...literally everybody.

Locked into healing spec as a hybrid, locked into the worst DPS spec as a pure

On the expansion they finally introduce tri-spec? Let's stop with the arbitrary shit that stops you from swapping specs can we.

I still think it's dumb artifact power is tied to one specific artifact and not a sort of secondary paragon level type system tied to your character instead.

Tenebrous

I knew I'd be the only one, and I know this will also get treaten the same way... But dual spec/tri spec? I could live without it, and kinda wish it was never added in the first place. Perhaps it's just the newbie tabletop RPG gamer in me, but part of me misses the time where players would have to focus on one spec. If you weren't in the top 1% wealthwise during early TBC, there was no way you were buying the Frozen Shadowweave set AND the Primal Mooncloth set. As a priest, warlock, or mage, you were almost forced to choose, and that was special in its own way.
I still remember farming on Elemental Plateau for primal water... Oh dear.

I leveled through Vanilla & TBC content as Disc, and that went fine. Given how easy out of raid combat is now, I don't see why it'd be an issue. A little slower? Sure, but I don't care, I'm leveling as Protection as soon as Legion goes live.

Top Bottom