• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't mind no flying if the world is interesting.

MOP had flying, but I used to fly aorund Jade Forest all the time and find all the little nooks and crannies.

WOD has nothing like that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Subbed another month, my friend convinced me to play Horde in Legion after spending a month getting my Alliance Garrison and characters sorted, so now I need to do it again.... :(

Continuing my streak of good AH buys, I just got a Battered Hilt for 10,500 gold. Now I am totally flat broke, 900g left. I could also flip this for double but...then I'd probably never get another one.

I've heard 25man Heroic Bastion of Twilight is a good way to make some fast cash. Recommended or is there something better?

Apathy

So did ashran today for the first time this whole expansion, first it sucked, then later I got into a group that was just 15 people and thought it was going to be shit, but turned out well, we all moved as a group, I was able to do the full run of the place like 4 or 5 times. I ended up getting everything but rings and wrist for pvp, and only my boots and legs are green, everything else I got was either blue or epic.

I have yet to get in a good run like that in Ashran, the gear progression is a lot slower when you're always on the losing team. I'm looking forward to Legion's removal of the gear wall.

Annnnd I'm pretty much garbage with casters in PVP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Switched my lock to Affliction for the first time since BC and man

I love that spec. I don't know what it is about dots, but they're the best. Destro was boring me to tears and Shadow just wasn't enough

Azzurri

Been watching some Legion Impressions and it's kinda getting me excited. I played WOD for about a month and found it boring as sin, and that was coming off a 9 year hiatus.

I think what is getting me interested in the emphasis on the actual WORLD, like it use to be you. Dungeons and Raids are fun and all, but there is nothing like open world PvP/PvE content, it makes it feel like an actual MMO.

Have you guys used Open Raid to pug raids? I'm thinking about doing it for my Horde characters before I try to apply to heroic/mythic guilds. The LFG tool tends to be a crapshoot in terms of raid quality, was wondering if the experience using Open Raid is better.

Tenebrous

I've never tried it personally, but I reckon it'll be unavoidable when looking for more people to do Herald of the Titans with on EU-Horde. Speaking of which, if you want to do Herald, level a toon up on Bladefist/Zenedar/Frostwhisper & I'll sort you out with all the boosts/enchants/gems you need.

phierce

Have you guys used Open Raid to pug raids? I'm thinking about doing it for my Horde characters before I try to apply to heroic/mythic guilds. The LFG tool tends to be a crapshoot in terms of raid quality, was wondering if the experience using Open Raid is better.
I've used OR for the last year or so. Mainly for my several raiding alts. I've managed to find a couple really good/constant groups that I now raid with on a regular basis (also made a few really good in game friends through OR). Would highly recommend it...just keep in mind it may take a few attempts to find the right group.

sora87

I've got the MMO itch hard the past week or so, I played some GW2 but it just wasn't cutting it. I know I'll regret resubbing to WoW before Legion is out but damnnn, the itch is real.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've got the MMO itch hard the past week or so, I played some GW2 but it just wasn't cutting it. I know I'll regret resubbing to WoW before Legion is out but damnnn, the itch is real.

Let me help you wait until Legion by teaching you what you'll mostly do now if you're not a raider:

1) Lvl 10 alts to lvl 100
2) Build 10 Garrisons for maximum gold input
3) Kill raid bosses on your 10 alts for mount drops that actually never drops.
4) Rage

I'm thinking of changing the race of my paladin from draenei to human. I usually avoid playing as a human in these games since there are races that are so much more interesting, but there's a lot of cosmetic issues I have that would be solved by going human. Tabards look stretched out across the chest. I'm wanting to go Protection for awhile but shields either look to small or have weird clipping/floating issues.

I've never tried it personally, but I reckon it'll be unavoidable when looking for more people to do Herald of the Titans with on EU-Horde. Speaking of which, if you want to do Herald, level a toon up on Bladefist/Zenedar/Frostwhisper & I'll sort you out with all the boosts/enchants/gems you need.
Alas, I'm US. Otherwise I'd totally do that.
I've used OR for the last year or so. Mainly for my several raiding alts. I've managed to find a couple really good/constant groups that I now raid with on a regular basis (also made a few really good in game friends through OR). Would highly recommend it...just keep in mind it may take a few attempts to find the right group.
Cool, thanks for your input. I'm 12/13N - possibly 13/13N on Friday - and 7/13H on my Alliance character so I have some experience raiding this tier (hopefully that'll be a plus when applying to groups), but I definitely want to be raiding more than once a week and would like to gear up my Horde shaman before committing to a new server/guild.

Meier

Are the proving ground ratings a one and done thing or do you have to them for each expansion?

I decided to do resto as my secondary spec with the druid. I've never actually done any healing in WoW before but figured it'd be handy to have and maybe bust out in Ashran and the like sometimes. For the life of me, I cannot get past the proving grounds... so I guess they're doing their job in limiting newbies. Probably need to watch some tutorials on Youtube because I can stack a million things but I just can't cast fast enough to keep the generic tank up later on.

I'm thinking of changing the race of my paladin from draenei to human. I usually avoid playing as a human in these games since there are races that are so much more interesting, but there's a lot of cosmetic issues I have that would be solved by going human. Tabards look stretched out across the chest. I'm wanting to go Protection for awhile but shields either look to small or have weird clipping/floating issues.

Why not simply level a new Paladin? I mean, there's time between now and Legion.

I decided to do resto as my secondary spec with the druid. I've never actually done any healing in WoW before but figured it'd be handy to have and maybe bust out in Ashran and the like sometimes. For the life of me, I cannot get past the proving grounds... so I guess they're doing their job in limiting newbies. Probably need to watch some tutorials on Youtube because I can stack a million things but I just can't cast fast enough to keep the generic tank up later on.

There's a ton of guides out there that cover everything you need to know. I don't know much about Resto Druid beyond the class is heal over time so you sort of have to be more proactive with your abilities versus other classes with straight up burst heals that are much more reactive. I find the reactive/burst healing more friendly to learning how to play a healer.

Druid seems like such an awesome class, melee tank, melee stealth dps, ranged caster and healer. It basically does everything except ranged right click.

Onivulk

Banned
Hi WoW thread. My girlfriend is an avid WoW player. Right now she has the item level to get into a Heroic Hellfire Citadel but, she's unguilded. She really wants this Grove Warden mount and she has been looking for groups but everyone wants her to have the achievement for finishing the Heroic...before she can participate in the Heroic.

I dont see her getting this mount but, how can she get into a guild in the future for Legion so this wont happen again?

She plays a Hunter and seems to really know her class. I've watched her evolve from the huntard stage to being pretty good and when she really tries she can do pretty good dps.

Onivulk

Banned
Okay thanks. We've both never been able to find a guild over the years. I guess our server is pretty dead though.

I was just wondering if there was something to the whole process I was missing.

It could be a server/realm thing, on NA Dalaran there's new guilds popping up every day, raiding guilds actively recruiting in trade and other guilds selling Grovewarden carries for 30-45k. At worst she may have to buy a carry if the guilds on her realm aren't being all that welcoming.

Hi WoW thread. My girlfriend is an avid WoW player. Right now she has the item level to get into a Heroic Hellfire Citadel but, she's unguilded. She really wants this Grove Warden mount and she has been looking for groups but everyone wants her to have the achievement for finishing the Heroic...before she can participate in the Heroic.

I dont see her getting this mount but, how can she get into a guild in the future for Legion so this wont happen again?

She plays a Hunter and seems to really know her class. I've watched her evolve from the huntard stage to being pretty good and when she really tries she can do pretty good dps.

This late in the cycle, people want you to have AOTC before you can get AOTC. It sucks, but people tend to just want their ring upgrade and not have to deal with wipes, so they expect way overgeared people. I'm 10/13 Heroic missing Iskar/Manny/Archie with Ilvl 713, a 753 ring and two sets of tier gear and I still get declined from Upper HFC groups. The good news is she has a lot of time to get the mount. There are a few options -

Get lucky, find a solid group on LFR. I basically got carried through Kilrogg - Xhul'horac (zero wipes) one time by multiple 740s.

Open raid website.

If you are really desperate, pay for a H Archie carry. 13/13 Mythic guilds do this for gold and will kill him easy, but its expensive. Wouldn't really recommend this.

I'd recommend gearing up in lower (HFA -> Gorefiend) since its easier to slip into those groups and the bosses are easier. Just actually know what you are doing, people aren't so lenient for low DPS and deaths even at ilvl 710~ because theres someone with 730 to replace you.

I capped honor and have no armor left to buy. Was thinking of trying combat spec.

For rogue, is there any difference between the pvp sword/mace/fist? Only thing I can think of are different animations / transmogs.

Stats are the same, speeds are the same.

JEOpUOC.jpg

character size on them is bugged right now but old mounts are getting new models, starting with the kodos

Milennia

just a heads up 4/4 upgrades is a high possibility in the near future via multiple people who are connected to people who would know etc.

Tenebrous

just a heads up 4/4 upgrades is a high possibility in the near future via multiple people who are connected to people who would know etc.

Yeah I saw that...

Personally, I hope not. Our guild is an old guild that started raiding again at the beginning of the year. We went 13/13hc after 3 weeks, and are now progressing through mythic at a very strong pace. I don't really want us to get the flagship kills after a 10 iLvl buff.

sora87

Let me help you wait until Legion by teaching you what you'll mostly do now if you're not a raider:

1) Lvl 10 alts to lvl 100
2) Build 10 Garrisons for maximum gold input
3) Kill raid bosses on your 10 alts for mount drops that actually never drops.
4) Rage

Pretty much lol. I do have a paladin and druid sitting around level 40 I'd probably enjoy leveling. No one I know plays it any more though, last time I logged on it was only me who'd been online in our guild in like a year, was pretty sad.

I'm happy about hunter's being able to have a kodo as a pet. Hopefully it doesn't require beast mastery because I planned to make a tauren survival hunter in Legion.

Why not simply level a new Paladin? I mean, there's time between now and Legion.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to use up a character slot on this realm on a class I already have. But I don't see myself playing some classes so I guess it's not a big deal.

So I wasn't wrong like a week and a half back when everyone here was like "Nahhhhhh"?

:p

And if they're updating old mounts, maybe my Zulian Tiger will get an upgrade. Don't use it much anymore cause it's so low poly.

I don't know, I kind of like ol zulu the way he is.

I hope they update the old wolves though, especially the black war and spectral ones.

There was an alliance ret paladin doing the same bonus blood orc people objective as me in tanaan, two rares spawned in that area during that, the first one he didn't seem to notice, w/e the rare was in a hut so maybe he didn't notice. So for the second rare, who was also a hut, I death grip the rare out so the guy doesn't miss it. He still doesn't hit it, so I run over to the pack of mobs he's attacking and dg the elite into that so he'd at least accidentally AOE it and still get credit. But nope, as soon as I do, he stops attacking and backpedals away, he never hit it, never got credit, so I just finish it off and then I just look at him, and then he /cry's on me.

I don't get it, seriously, just can't help some people.

Top Bottom