• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Is it even worth getting the legendary ring if you aren't even going to bother raiding in Warlords?

Well, it'll be BiS for leveling until 110 (especially if upgraded), and it's nice having it all unlocked for Timewalking (even if it's currently a bit shit, the 715 rings are BiS).

Agreed. Clearing out missions once a day and doing profession cooldowns on 34 characters takes about 45 minutes.
This is with alternating accounts on two screens. When one is logging in or out, I reset missions on the other screen. Twice a week I reset the garrison resource cache and work orders. This takes about two hours. Doing only enchants and bags, plus alchemy stuff for the trinket shuffle. I sell on the ah: Bags, enchants, rare 675 mission drops.

With 34 lvl 100s this nets me between 35-45 k a day on average. The prices have dropped a lot on bags - 700 gold and enchants - 60-70 gold per temporal crystal used.

See this is why I gamble.

I made 50k on one roll during raid last night.

Is it even worth getting the legendary ring if you aren't even going to bother raiding in Warlords?
I mean if you aren't raiding its really only a powerful personal CD... its not at all hard to get it just takes time since either way you have to do LFR... and LFR is the worst.

ampere

You still get trash version Heroic Leap in instances, but it's neat for out in the world stuff

It'll help you while leveling if you care about that. While it's mostly a "collect x of this" questline, there are some neat quests and story bits. Mostly forgettable

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So they finally "fixed" Heroic Leap so that there is no more path issues huh?

Does that mean that Blink will now always work, no matter if a tiny bump on the ground is in the way? :D

Fjordson

I think it's still worth going for the legendary ring. It's not too difficult with the ability to finish it in LFR and it's a pretty huge boost for DPS. Even with smaller things outside of raids like killing elites or doing dailies it's a big help. Like Tanaan elites melt a lot faster solo now that I have the ring.

Tenebrous

What's the lowest playercount for a confirmed heroic Archimonde kill? Just been discussing it with some guild members, and I reckon 4 people could do it with the right gear, skill, and a bit of luck. DK tank & 3 DPS with a luster.

And how about Mythic?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Someone carry my feral druid through dungeons with 300% xp potion on. Regular leveling sucks. I'll do ya one back on my boomkin

ampere

What's the lowest playercount for a confirmed heroic Archimonde kill? Just been discussing it with some guild members, and I reckon 4 people could do it with the right gear, skill, and a bit of luck. DK tank & 3 DPS with a luster.

And how about Mythic?

There's no reason to underkill either, if you're capable of it then bring buyers

There are 0 logs on Warcraft logs for Heroic Archimonde with less than 10 players, or Mythic with less than 20. There's no reason to do it either. The absence of logs doesn't mean it hasn't been done, but there's no other way to confirm it's been done afaik, unless you find a video or something

If you want to kill it without a healer you do this: a burn in 40 seconds. Having no healer for a long drawn out fight isn't going to work

:D

uP2Uqoq.jpg

I bailed on Tanaan right after, didn't even bother finishing the remaining dailies. I should get Exalted with all of the WoD Factions and get enough Apexis to buy the Feltusk-whatever-boar but I'm taking a break from it tonight. I've got the two things I wanted out of WoD's end-game, Pathfinder and this mount.

Apathy

:D

I bailed on Tanaan right after, didn't even bother finishing the remaining dailies. I should get Exalted with all of the WoD Factions and get enough Apexis to buy the Feltusk-whatever-boar but I'm taking a break from it tonight. I've got the two things I wanted out of WoD's end-game, Pathfinder and this mount.

You missed out, this past weekend was the draenor faction xp weekend. It lets you get rep with the factions (minus the tanaan ones) while doing heroic or harder instances. I went from like friendly with the laughing skull orcs to exalted in a like 12 instances.

Oh, I queued a bunch of heroic dungeons during the bonus week. I was disappointed when you maxed out one faction rep in a dungeon that it didn't roll over to another ala WotLK or even have an umbrella Horde rep that gets applied to all other reps. I got every faction, except the PVP one, to Revered but even with flying I'm feeling a little burnt out on the dailies. There's just nothing to farm now. I wish WoD's mounts weren't so shitty outside of the Corrupted Dreadwing, there's almost nothing but boring re-textured wolves, boars and hippos.

Robin64

So their solution to the potential Legendary problem in Legion is that you can only wear one (in the first patch, at least). That will boil down to theorycrafters finding the absolute best one per spec and that being a requirement to raid, probably.

cdyhybrid

So their solution to the potential Legendary problem in Legion is that you can only wear one (in the first patch, at least). That will boil down to theorycrafters finding the absolute best one per spec and that being a requirement to raid, probably.

Not if they make them as rare as I expect they will. You could farm forever and not see certain legs in Diablo, and that was including turning in Blood Shards for a targetted chance at getting them.

ZenaxPure

Not if they make them as rare as I expect they will. You could farm forever and not see certain legs in Diablo, and that was including turning in Blood Shards for a targetted chance at getting them.

D3 hasn't been like that in forever, at this point they literally give you a starting set of gear. They realized there isn't really anything fun about that initial loot hunt because of how they had designed the game. Not really comparable to WoW honestly. How they made it sound at Blizzcon is that if you farmed hard enough you would eventually get the legendary you want, sounds like they want some sort of system so RNG won't fuck you over infinitely.

Also people haven't mentioned the other blue posts regarding the legendaries, pretty much exactly what I suspected last time this topic came up in this thread: they are going to disable legendary effects in mythic raids at the start. They won't activate until some arbitrary amount of time passes to protect the progression race. Should squash any notion that legendaries are mandatory for progression but knowing the WoW community people will harp on the point and somehow forget that people cleared that content without legendary effects once blizzard turns them on.

Tenebrous

There's no reason to underkill either, if you're capable of it then bring buyers

There are 0 logs on Warcraft logs for Heroic Archimonde with less than 10 players, or Mythic with less than 20. There's no reason to do it either. The absence of logs doesn't mean it hasn't been done, but there's no other way to confirm it's been done afaik, unless you find a video or something

If you want to kill it without a healer you do this: a burn in 40 seconds. Having no healer for a long drawn out fight isn't going to work

There's no reason for DK's to solo world bosses, but they do it. Just thought some folk would've done it for fun.

That sucks. Are ethey confirmed to drop in dungeons?

Robin64

That sucks. Are ethey confirmed to drop in dungeons?

I don't think they've confirmed their sources at all.

Though someone did get Sparklight Stompers from a dungeon on Alpha.

For clarification, it dropped in Neltharion's Lair, from trash before the last boss. There was no icon, I was unable to loot it, and the tooltip in the screenshot was the only indication it was there. Also, the tooltip became bugged on my screen after this happened, which is why you see me in Darkheart Thicket in this pic.

Tacitus_

A blue said that they will drop more frequently from harder content. This should mean that you won't need to farm bear asses in the wild to get kitted out.

Apathy

It's going to suck farming those. I hate how many legendaries they are putting out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That will boil down to theorycrafters finding the absolute best one per spec and that being a requirement to raid, probably.

This is never going to happen, and honestly I'm baffled at how anyone can seriously believe it. What kind of guild could even hope to impose that kind of limit? Only the absolute top-tier, world-first-caliber guilds could even try to attempt such a thing, and even then the actual available supply might not even make it possible for the first tier. And of course, since the legendary bonuses will be supressed until after world firsts anyway the point is entirely moot. And even ignoring that, it's not like people who luck into drops and aren't great raiders are going to end up getting poached into serious raiding guilds.

It's absolutely a non-issue.

Lomax

Sold of a Tome of Polymorph Turtle for 57k. Hell yeah. Have another but I'm holding on to it for now. Had those babies since Wrath though.

Honestly I'd sell the other one too. It seems somewhat likely that Blizzard will wake up one of these days and put the polymorph spells back in the game in an easily accessible way.

Fularu

Banned
This week's been good so far:

- Mythic headpiece,
- Archimonde mythic plate pauldrons with socket from cache
- Mythic WF sword from council

At 735 now... Except that my weekly pug really isn't good :-(

I was going through my achievements and noticed that I was a lot closer to finishing Draenor Pathfinder than I thought. Can Securing Draenor be solo'd? I imagine I may have to group up for Assault on the Pit, but what about the rest?

Robin64

I was going through my achievements and noticed that I was a lot closer to finishing Draenor Pathfinder than I thought. Can Securing Draenor be solo'd? I imagine I may have to group up for Assault on the Pit, but what about the rest?

Yeah, easily soloed. Heck, so is The Pit now we've got silly ilvls.

You can even buy missives from your garrison quartermaster with garrison resources to gain access to specific missions for Securing Draenor. It's great if you haven't been keeping up with your garrison apexis dailies or it's simply not giving you the missions you need to get the achievement.

You can even buy missives from your garrison quartermaster with garrison resources to gain access to specific missions for Securing Draenor. It's great if you haven't been keeping up with your garrison apexis dailies or it's simply not giving you the missions you need to get the achievement.

That's a nice feature since, with the exception of Assault on the Pit on a different character, I haven't actually done any of those.

ampere

Is it just a matter of time until we see a trip to an alternate past of Azeroth? Or maybe WoD soured that kind of stuff happening again.

Pre-sundering Azeroth would be a really cool place to explore, but perhaps that sort of stuff is best left for Caverns of Time dungeons like the Well of Eternity.

cdyhybrid

It'll be a CoT expansion where it turns out that the only way to defeat the Old Gods is to travel back in time to when they first reached Azeroth and kill them before they bond with the planet.

StMeph

It'll be a CoT expansion where it turns out that the only way to defeat the Old Gods is to travel back in time to when they first reached Azeroth and kill them before they bond with the planet.

Oh god. Now that you've given voice to it it might actually come true.

Top Bottom