• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

And this is bullshit. It caused a ton of drama not to mention if the one person quit or transferred.

First set of complete warglaives on my server, the dude server transferred and sold his account a week and a half later.

Dat guild bonding and teamwork/friendship experience.

Tenebrous

First set of complete warglaives on my server, the dude server transferred and sold his account a week and a half later.

Dat guild bonding and teamwork/friendship experience.

I remember the rage on the forums when that Rogue on Area 52 (US) got the legendary bow (one of the first to drop in the world) before the hunters in the raid... That was hilarious.

Fuck yeah, Timewalking in the Burning Crusade!

By the way, here's your gnome paladin.

wDdmuf7.jpg

ampere

Maybe I should go DPS, because so far as tank, nothing has made me feel like "wow, that was hard! I'm glad I managed to do that." Not 13/13 (yet), though, so give it a few weeks and I'll see how it goes.

Didn't you just start mythic? You probably vastly outgear things if you have Valor upgrades and legendary ring. There were plenty of challenging fights to tank this tier, but they're all a joke now with high ilevel and rings

Tenebrous

Didn't you just start mythic? You probably vastly outgear things if you have Valor upgrades and legendary ring. There were plenty of challenging fights to tank this tier, but they're all a joke now with high ilevel and rings

Yeah that's what I meant when I said I joined the tier too late. Progressing with 715-720 gear would've felt more rewarding than progressing with the 730+ gear I currently have. Could be 13/13 by the end of the month, and it won't be the same... Oh well.

And that's why I'm looking forward to raiding from the start in Legion. It's not a fault with the game - It's just poor timing on my part.

Wish they'd mix the dungeons up. Don't think I've seen Steam Vaults since achievements were first added in October 08, and the Kara attunement before that.

Haven't had any repeats so far but I've only ran a couple.

I love it when PUGs I'm in wipe on trash they try to skip in TW dungeons. Not even accidental pulls, just because the mobs they skip are mobile and have patrol routes. I like just watching them roam closer and closer and waiting to see if shit's gonna hit the fan.

By the way, here's your gnome paladin.

wDdmuf7.jpg

Amazing!

I know, right?

Apathy

I can. Mythic raids never lost that sense of accomplishment.

And this is bullshit. It caused a ton of drama not to mention if the one person quit or transferred.

The only fight this tier that felt even remotely satisfying to kill was Gorefiend. That son of a bitch took a long time to do and had to be done perfectly. The rest of mythic BRF felt like a joke. If it caused drama that might be on your guilds experience. While of course anything causes drama, by volume it's not the norm or pervasive.

The only thing I do now is log in once a day to loot my tables and timewalking dungeons. Kinda sad the only thing I enjoy doing is content from 8+ years ago.

The only thing I do now is log in once a day to loot my tables and timewalking dungeons. Kinda sad the only thing I enjoy doing is content from 8+ years ago.

I was thinking along these lines myself today, I actively farm BC and WotLK content for transmogs, raid tier sets, crafting resources, mounts and rep. I've spent a lot of time in BC dungeons and raids in particular. Now that I have the Corrupted Dreadwing there's nothing that I want from Draenor, except the Grovewarden and Felsteel Annihilator, both of which are locked behind raids I will likely never play. There's nothing worth farming from WoD dungeons for beyond WoD.

The transmog wardrobe automatically unlocking a lot of quest gear kinda worries me, because that's one less activity I sort of have.

I was thinking along these lines myself today, I actively farm BC and WotLK content for transmogs, raid tier sets, crafting resources, mounts and rep. I've spent a lot of time in BC dungeons and raids in particular. Now that I have the Corrupted Dreadwing there's nothing that I want from Draenor, except the Grovewarden and Felsteel Annihilator, both of which are locked behind raids I will likely never play. There's nothing worth farming from WoD dungeons for beyond WoD.

I mean you can always buy a Heroic Archimonde carry. They're like 30k now. Surely you've made enough gold from garrisons to be able to fund that.

I mean you can always buy a Heroic Archimonde carry. They're like 30k now. Surely you've made enough gold from garrisons to be able to fund that.

That will happen soon at the rate my goblin's garrison is earning gold, well, if I keep getting decent follower gold missions, which have been hit and miss, but it's kind of beside the point. There's not a whole lot of transmogs or mounts worth farming from WoD. Unless you've got some sort of fetish for boars and wolves.

My Gnome Mage has no inn and it gets gold missions all the damned time.

That will happen soon at the rate my goblin's garrison is earning gold but it's kind of beside the point. There's not a whole lot of transmogs or mounts worth farming from WoD. Unless you've got some sort of fetish for boars and wolves.

I'm fond of the elekk's so I've been going after those. And I really like this set and plan to go after when I can bring myself to start doing raids and dungeons.

Robin64

Over 100k on EU servers? I paid 50k for mine a month ago, weird if they've doubled the price rather than dropping it. Mind, our WoW Token will get you 75k right now, so who knows.

diamount

Banned
Over 100k on EU servers? I paid 50k for mine a month ago, weird if they've doubled the price rather than dropping it. Mind, our WoW Token will get you 75k right now, so who knows.

Ah, okay that price is dependent on personal or full loot. Not sure what the difference is really. Still, why is the token cheaper on the US? Are those pesky ruskies inflating the price?

Tenebrous

Ah, okay that price is dependent on personal or full loot. Not sure what the difference is really. Still, why is the token cheaper on the US? Are those pesky ruskies inflating the price?

Americans have less time & more expendable income, while Europeans have more time & less expendable income. Eastern Europe drives the EU tokens up.

Tacitus_

The only fight this tier that felt even remotely satisfying to kill was Gorefiend. That son of a bitch took a long time to do and had to be done perfectly. The rest of mythic BRF felt like a joke. If it caused drama that might be on your guilds experience. While of course anything causes drama, by volume it's not the norm or pervasive.

BRF/HFC didn't cause drama. Old style legendaries caused drama.

Apathy

BRF/HFC didn't cause drama. Old style legendaries caused drama.

That's what I was referring to, not that that the raid content caused drama, I was replying to your comment that old legendaries caused drama. Like I said, everything in this case has cause drama to someone at some point or another, but the old legendaries, you saying they cause so much drama, from the quantities of people that had them and guilds that could make them, it was not like drama was being cause constantly.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you clear normal for the first time and don't get a single item, even though your gear is trash and need everything :(

Hopefully heroic will be more kind tomorrow.

Apathy

That feel when you clear normal for the first time and don't get a single item, even though your gear is trash and need everything :(

If you're alliance, consider pvping if the stats on the pvp honor gear match the ones you need for raiding. Good way to slide in pieces that you might need to fill out. I saw alliance cause it's easier to consistently win in ashran and the honor/conquest is super fast

Alright, Open Raid is pretty great. I did a 9/13 normal yesterday (went far better than I expected for a pug and me being only 690 ilvl) and I've signed up for a free H HFC moose run on Saturday. I'm all about the #FriendshipMoose! Can't wait to help out when I'm geared enough to help carry people. Maybe I'll even luck out and get a trinket.

Hah, that was me last night. Did 9/13, only got 1 piece of gear I could actually use and no tier.

Apathy

I remember why I hate timewalking, every few week I get reminded. Horrible dps even with the old legendaries, every huntard ever when I tank.

Tenebrous

I remember why I hate timewalking, every few week I get reminded. Horrible dps even with the old legendaries, every huntard ever when I tank.

Reroll rogue.
Get daggers.
Do double everyone elses DPS.

Rogues are timewalking gods with a decent set and those daggers.

Apathy

Reroll rogue.
Get daggers.
Do double everyone elses DPS.

Rogues are timewalking gods with a decent set and those daggers.

I was doing twice as much dps as my hunter, and not double, but was first or second dps as my brewmaster. starting my runs with my paladin next. I wish I could just buy the stupid mount. Let it cost 20k or 30k timewalking badges, the constant queueing and never getting it is killing me,

Horde or Alliance? If you're Horde, I'd be happy to come along as your pocket healer when you tank them. Healed 2 so far today and both went well, but usually if I'm running by myself they're wipefests.

You only get the bonus TW currency for queuing as a healer (or tank) for the first queue? Wait, it showed the bonus, didn't show the bonus, now it's showing it again. Weird. Whatever. If it wasn't for the insanely fast queues--faster than average for a healer at 1 min or less, sometimes tank insta-queue--I wouldn't heal TW dungeons. They're such a gongshow. Judging by all of the achievements popping up a lot of people haven't played this content and they're playing it on heroic for the first time.

I was doing twice as much dps as my hunter, and not double, but was first or second dps as my brewmaster. starting my runs with my paladin next. I wish I could just buy the stupid mount. Let it cost 20k or 30k timewalking badges, the constant queueing and never getting it is killing me,

Actively farming the TW mount drop is like trying to farm the Love Rocket, down that path lies sadness. Sadness and nerdrage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After 8(?) years, on and off, I'm deciding to change mains in Legion from my Shaman to my Warlock. Obviously some changes are still in place, but mostly the bad taste of WoD and just a lot of other things I've amassed about the Shaman class has influenced the decision. Mostly, I rolled my Shaman in BC and 'mained' him in WOTLK because I liked the utility of the spec. I played a Shaman in Everquest because I loved utility. I couldn't heal, but I liked to help in other ways and have lots of interesting abilities that weren't always damage related. I didn't raid in Cata so I can't say anything there, but it's obvious that this kind of playstyle is not in WoW's playstyle books, even with utility pruning and adding and extra purning, anymore and my Shaman has been played due to attahcment more than anything. Where as, my first WoW character ever was an Orc Warlock because Gul'Dan and Cho'Gall were my favorite characters in Warcraft 2. I loved the lore of them and I still remember walking through Orgrimmar during Burning Crusade and seeing an Orc Warlock by the old AH in full Nemesis and being like 'look at this fucking dude'

I'll miss my PVP mounts, Brawlers shirts, and other old stuff in my Shamans banks, but I still intend on playing him. Just not as my full-time focus anymore. Especially as 2/3 of the Warlock specs in Legion look a lot more appealing to me in Legion and Affliction is currently my favorite spec to play in WoD period. I guess I just like DoTs and numbers far too much.

I have discovered there's a thing I must get, the ability to create a portal to Old Dalaran. For science. And to drop the occasional person into a giant pit.

*snip*

Especially as 2/3 of the Warlock specs in Legion look a lot more appealing to me in Legion and Affliction is currently my favorite spec to play in WoD period. I guess I just like DoTs and numbers far too much.

Lemme guess, is Destro the unappealing spec?

All of the Warlock artifacts look awesome to me, the warlock tier set looks great, plus the Illidari Felstalker and Corrupted Dreadwing make perfect Warlock mounts.

Daniel R

So someone shared this quest with me during a time walking dungeon. How's that for flashbacks.

The materials gathering to open the Ahn'Qiraj gates really brought the servers together. Whole guilds were out farming for weeks.

I remember Blizzard posting the progress of each server online and it was exciting to see how we competed with other servers.

ZenaxPure

You only get the bonus TW currency for queuing as a healer (or tank) for the first queue? Wait, it showed the bonus, didn't show the bonus, now it's showing it again. Weird. Whatever.

It's just the normal call to arms system, it will show up when one of the roles is underrepresented. Incredibly useful for grinding the mounts, just doing my 5 runs for the quest as a healer it was pretty easy to make about 1000 badges per event, just bought the TBC mount last night on my resto druid and next wrath event I will be able to buy that one on my disc priest.

Daniel R

It's just the normal call to arms system, it will show up when one of the roles is underrepresented. Incredibly useful for grinding the mounts, just doing my 5 runs for the quest as a healer it was pretty easy to make about 1000 badges per event, just bought the TBC mount last night on my resto druid and next wrath event I will be able to buy that one on my disc priest.

Can you get more TW badges in a bag for an underrepresented role? that was news to me.

ZenaxPure

Can you get more TW badges in a bag for an underrepresented role? that was news to me.

Not in a bag or anything like that - the call to arms bonus for TW is just 50 extra badges. So you get 60 at the end of a run (plus whatever you get from the bosses). On my druid and priest I just always made sure to do their 5 runs for the quest when the healer call to arms was up.

Neil_J_UK

I'd love to get into a late night raiding guild, but my servers forums seem pretty dead and I don't want to transfer all my characters to another server...

If anyone is on Shattered Hand EU or the connected realms (Bloodfeather, Burning Steppes, Executus, Kor'gall) and knows of anywhere, let me know!

phierce

I'd love to get into a late night raiding guild, but my servers forums seem pretty dead and I don't want to transfer all my characters to another server...

If anyone is on Shattered Hand EU or the connected realms (Bloodfeather, Burning Steppes, Executus, Kor'gall) and knows of anywhere, let me know!
Check Open Raid. I'm not sure how good it is for the EU side, but I was able to find a late night group for an alt pretty easily.

Top Bottom