• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm trying Ashran to maybe gear up my Rogue a bit, and all I can tell is we're getting our shit pushed in. Like, how is this even supposed to be fun? Spend an hour, get nothing. I think I've been on the winning side of Ashran maybe once all expansion.

Ashran is only fun if you're on the good team, when you join it's apparent very quickly which side you're on, if you're on the baddies just leave and try again later. I did 4000 HP and 3000 CP in no time the other day because we had the far better team with a leader who actually knew what he was doing.

Honestly what is really great is never having to worry about sub-time again while also having a ton of gold. When they announced tokens were going to be a thing I went hard on building up my garrisons and then when the token prices dipped down to 19k on US servers I went crazy. 0 regrets about how many I bought, especially with how much tokens cost now. At this stage of an expansion I'd usually not be subbed and just be waiting for the next one, but thanks to the token idgaf and have been working on alts and other stuff like achievements/transmog.

I really wish I could play without paying ££££ but at 70k a token that's just not possible. And in my case I will most likely have to unsub after this month as I don't have much to do at this point other than alts, but if I had the gold to spare I would stay subbed and get every class to 10 for Legion.

Lomax

The funny thing is, the best money sink Blizzard could do is raise the gold cap, it would let a lot of it disappear into the bmah instead of capping out where it does now. Honestly I'm still surprised the us token is as cheap as it is, gold is just so easy to make now.

Which spec should I choose as a secondary for a Holy Paladin? Protection or Retribution? Initially I was leaning Protection because of the bonuses for heroic queuing as a tank but I haven't tanked much (just super early leveling content as a Prot warrior). Sometimes healing makes me facepalm so, so hard and I just want to play dps instead because there's no responsibility to it other than don't stand in fire, and don't pull.

so, uh
what professions make the most money? i'm boosting my monk. bought legion.

Depends on your realm, on Dalaran making a Hexweave bag nets you about 1500+ gold. I find with trades like LW you can make okay-ish money selling the crafted item upgrades but crafted items themselves are hit and miss. Almost a quarter of every player on Dalaran is a Hunter but there's so many Shrediron rifles on the AH in various stages of upgrade, none of them really move. As a miner/engi I make more money selling BC mats than WoD mats or crafted items. It's faster and cheaper to farm Baleful tokens or farm honor gear than buy and upgrade crafted gear.

So I'm trying Ashran to maybe gear up my Rogue a bit, and all I can tell is we're getting our shit pushed in. Like, how is this even supposed to be fun? Spend an hour, get nothing. I think I've been on the winning side of Ashran maybe once all expansion.

It's less painful to do casual random BG's than playing Ashran. Plus you'll probably earn honor faster and actually win a few matches. I tried playing Ashran for a few weeks but it's always a rolling clusterfuck on Horde.

ampere

Garrison gold nerf is fine, but Water Strider nerf for old content is bullshit. Hope they wise up and only ban them from Broken Isles (the new artifact fishing rod gives a water walking trait anyway)

Warlords will forever be the expansion that made people rich. RIP
FDaahP0.png

lol, that's pretty good

are legion brewmasters in yet

trying to decide between what tankt o play in legion xpac

Nope still no Brewmasters, it's just over for us they decided never to add the spec back

But seriously, they've actually been making class changes to it in most of the recent patches and it looks pretty good except for our only heal being the goddamn ox orbs. Latest patch removed all of our passive defensive traits except for stagger, so the skill ceiling went up a bit

ZenaxPure

Honestly I'm still surprised the us token is as cheap as it is, gold is just so easy to make now.

I think there are a lot of reasons for this tbh: Some people don't play much, some people are lazy, some people still don't understand how to maximize garrison cash, some people overestimate how much effort it is. Plenty of reasons really.

I know personally not a single one of my friends is bringing in the cash like I am, and a few of them are rocking a max level of every class (or more) so they certainly could pretty easily.

Nope still no Brewmasters, it's just over for us they decided never to add the spec back

Assassination isn't in yet either and our spec is not really being changed much (core is basically the same just fixing a lot of the annoyances of the spec). My only guess for the remaining specs is that the artifact quests aren't done yet? Not sure what else would be holding them back.

Shahadan

My guess is that they want a new water strider or equivalent for each expansion. So locking the azure one to pandaria, the red one to draenor, and eventually the artifact talent to the broken isles makes sense.

I'm not too bothered by that since I like having to unlock something making my life easier, and I've secretly hoped they would nerf the water strider someday.
Seriously why should I ever use another ground mount? I haven't in years.

I actually wish they had done this sooner, since there wasn't ever any point in bothering to unlock the draenor strider.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I stopped playing in early WoD, but how are people making so much money in WoD compared to previous expansions?

Gold follower missions give like 1k+ gold a day, multiply that by all of your other alts...

Plus all of the mats, salvage crates and resources turned into gold

You can make like 3k a day per toon

I stopped playing in early WoD, but how are people making so much money in WoD compared to previous expansions?

Complete Harrison Jones quests to gain him as a follower
Lvl 2 inn - recruit followers with treasure hunter trait once a week
Lvl 2 Warmill - Spits out ilvl upgrades for your followers
Lvl 3 Salvage Yard - Lvl 3 salvage crates give out lots of trash loot to DE or vendor as well as ilvl boosts for followers.
Lvl 3 inn - treasure hunter missions
Upgrade shipyard twice and you get a naval mission table right by your follower mission table.
Lvl 3 trade outpost is great for rep boosts, recycling unneeded crafting mats into garrison resources, buying crafting mats with garrison resources, or flat out buying gold with garrison resources.

There's a few other buildings you can use but those are sort of the core things you need to have your garrison generating income.

Basically you log-in to a toon twice a day and make money doing nothing but clicking a few things. I parked my goblin shaman once I completed Draenor Pathfinder with it and got the Corrupted Dreadwing, it has made a few thousand gold doing nothing outside of garrison chores while I level a Paladin. I'm probably going to buy a Grovewarden carry with it. A smarter man would buy tokens or save up for Legion.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_0ArKGjnA

Asmongold's thought on Legion's legendaries.

This could be the single thing that kills the expansion and the game for good. Random legendaries may be the worst thing they've ever added to the game, at this point they should rename these drops Epic+ because they're not legendary. Legendaries to me are insanely rare rewards earned by the 1% through hard work, dedication and skill but apparently that hasn't been the case for awhile now. Now in Legion everyone and their Nan will have multiple legendaries after enough time and that's just bizarre to me.

ZenaxPure

Gold follower missions give like 1k+ gold a day, multiply that by all of your other alts...

Plus all of the mats, salvage crates and resources turned into gold

You can make like 3k a day per toon

And this is the nerfed version fwiw. They realized how fucking broke the game was so in 6.2 they put some sort of cap on how many rare missions you could get per day at an account level. Before 6.2 it was an insane free for all, I was making 10k+ gold per week per character solely from follower missions, it was only more when you factored in salvage crates (these also got nerfed, was getting ~100 per week per character now I get ~20) and professions.

Legendaries to me are insanely rare rewards earned by the 1% through hard work, dedication and skill but apparently that hasn't been the case for awhile now.

If for a while you mean literally never than sure. Legendaries in vanilla/TBC was a slot machine, nothing more. You pulled the lever each week to see if you got that other TF binding or warglaive, there was 0 hard work dedication, and especially no skill involved at all. The only legendary that was actually hard to get and required any sort of hard work and dedication was the qiraji battle tank, but, that wasn't even a piece of armor or weapon.

Apathy

I've never leatherworked/skinned except for the Master Of All achievements. Seems like a buncha tedious shit to me... HOWEVER! How many Demon Hunters will there be when WoD launches? Definitely a decent amount, added to the three leather wearing classes already in the game.

oh, shit
good point
LW it is

It won't be worth it. The gear you end up with at the end of the demon hunter quest areas with 680 gear so selling to new dh will need to be upgrade 4 or better before they sell. When you reach 110 the crafted gear is usually on par with dungeon gear unless they give us an easy way to upgrade it to sell. In those cases you night find buyers for raids but usually if they are willing to buy it for those early crazy prices they have people in their own guild to make them or just need the special reagent.

Meier

Now that I finished the legendary ring quest, there's basically no incentive to do the LFR raids... they're so boring. It's slow going getting into random raid finder groups as well. I need to up my conquest so I can get the purple gun to increase my DPS a bit, but Ashran as of late has been truly godawful for Horde every time I join. Frustrating.

ampere

Assassination isn't in yet either and our spec is not really being changed much (core is basically the same just fixing a lot of the annoyances of the spec). My only guess for the remaining specs is that the artifact quests aren't done yet? Not sure what else would be holding them back.

Not sure, but they keep making balance tweaks to Brewmaster even though it's not live yet, so maybe the specs aren't in a good place quite yet either and they already have a plan so they want to avoid feedback about things they plan to change. But I'm just guessing, no idea really

This could be the single thing that kills the expansion and the game for good. Random legendaries may be the worst thing they've ever added to the game, at this point they should rename these drops Epic+ because they're not legendary. Legendaries to me are insanely rare rewards earned by the 1% through hard work, dedication and skill but apparently that hasn't been the case for awhile now. Now in Legion everyone and their Nan will have multiple legendaries after enough time and that's just bizarre to me.

I mean, I'm not too thrilled about the sound of world drop legendaries, but this won't kill the game lol. More expansions like Warlords where there is almost 0 non-raiding content will kill the game, a little bit of imbalance with legendaries will mostly just piss off some raiders, but not kill the game. I mean it has 0 affect on pvp players for instance, and that's a large % of the population

ZenaxPure

And my Timewalking alts will never be BiS... They should just re-add that chain. Removing it was bullshit.

No? You were the one like yesterday saying that Blizzard should force people to commit to something and that is exactly what the cape was. You played the expansion and experienced the new quests/story/grinds/rewards every patch and at the end it you had gone on an awesome journey, one that wouldn't be as good visiting it after the fact.

Not to mention they gave people 2 years to finish the thing, and they nerfed the grind 3 or 4 times. Can't say I have much sympathy for people that don't have it honestly.

Tenebrous

No? You were the one like yesterday saying that Blizzard should force people to commit to something and that is exactly what the cape was.

Not to mention they gave people 2 years to finish the thing, and they nerfed the grind 3 or 4 times. Can't say I have much sympathy for people that don't have it honestly.

What about the people that weren't playing during Mists, have swapped mains, or just want the cloak on an alt for timewalking?

You played the expansion and experienced the new quests/story/grinds/rewards every patch and at the end it you had gone on an awesome journey, one that wouldn't be as good visiting it after the fact.

So unless we've been subscribed since day one we're just short of luck? Possibly, but I'd take slightly deflated enjoyment of a certain patch/expansions features than the flatout removal of those features.

And really now, we're playing in patch 6.2... There's a reliance on that older content to pad out what is a fucking awful final patch to a shite expansion.

ZenaxPure

What about the people that weren't playing during Mists, have swapped mains, or just want the cloak on an alt for timewalking?

Too bad? Again I don't really have any sympathy. The cape is certainly not required for timewalking, it's a bonus for people that got it at the time. Much like the ring will be, though they really need to fix the scaling problem with it since it is currently useless in timewalking.

So unless we've been subscribed since day one we're just short of luck? Possibly, but I'd take slightly deflated enjoyment of a certain patch/expansions features than the flatout removal of those features.

Well fwiw I agree that it's lame they removed the actual quest chain from the game, because it was fucking awesome, especially compared to the lackluster Ring quest chain. But as for the reward itself I have absolutely no problems with them removing it.

And you didn't need to be subscribed from day one to get the cape, you had 2 years to get it and as noted they nerfed the grind multiple times to make it easier for late comers to the expansion. Kinda like what they are doing the ring grind right now except on a bigger scale.

Tenebrous

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the game would be better off with the quest chain rather than without it, and you're fine with it's removal. No problem!

As for it being better than the ring quest... Both were fucking dire. The very first quests you do on RuneScape shit over all the legendary quests.

Apathy

If for a while you mean literally never than sure. Legendaries in vanilla/TBC was a slot machine, nothing more. You pulled the lever each week to see if you got that other TF binding or warglaive, there was 0 hard work dedication, and especially no skill involved at all. The only legendary that was actually hard to get and required any sort of hard work and dedication was the qiraji battle tank, but, that wasn't even a piece of armor or weapon.

The dedication was actually being in a guild capable of doing content and putting up witht he shit constraints that the game put on the raids.

If you see the legendaries from vanilla and TBC as slot machines, then the cloak and the ring are just a piñata where you can do literally nothing but afk through everything and get it and make everyone feel special. It requires no work other than queueing for lfr every week and sending out missions.

ZenaxPure

If you see the legendaries from vanilla and TBC as slot machines, then the cloak and the ring are just a piñata where you can do literally nothing but afk through everything and get it and make everyone feel special. It requires no work other than queueing for lfr every week and sending out missions.

Yes....? That is totally what the ring/cape are but personally I find that a much better model than the slot machine approach. Especially as someone whose guild did MC every single week until the day TBC came out (so probably close to 100 clears) and we literally never saw a single Garr binding, what a load of bullshit.

Tenebrous

Yes....? That is totally what the ring/cape are but personally I find that a much better model than the slot machine approach. Especially as someone whose guild did MC every single week until the day TBC came out (so probably close to 100 clears) and we literally never saw a single Garr binding, what a load of bullshit.

The ring & cape aren't legendaries, though.

They're really not.

Shadowmourne did it best.

Apathy

The ring & cape aren't legendaries, though.

They're really not.

Shadowmourne did it best.

Yup, I can agree to all of this.

The dropped legendaries from legion would be fine if they were just epic, why not have epics with unique effects on them? They want that feeling that people had back in the day of getting some cool blue or epic with an effect then just do that. At the same time, I do believe high end raiders should have legendaries that they can get because it works for the content they do. And it should be back to X number of classes restriction as well. Back in the day guilds helped out those few people that got their legendaries out and were happy to do it. When you make everyone have a legendary, and make every want to feel special you make no one special.

With the focus on artifacts this time around, I would imagine they at some point add legendary relics at some point that will boost up one of the big talents in the weapon.

JSoup

Banned
What's that, Legion Alpha, you have something to say?

-Traits like Treasure Hunter from Harrison Jones and naval crews like Dwarven Crew no longer reward bonus gold.
-Garrison missions no longer reward gold

Oh, you salty wench, you.

Tenebrous

You people are way too fixated on what color the item name is.

I can understand some of it, but to me, gear is just a tool. I'd rather the other tank get an item if it's a bigger upgrade to him than myself, as it's better for the guild as a whole.

But there's just nothing special anymore, colour or not, simply because everything & everyone is supposedly special now. I can't remember the last time I felt a sense of individual accomplishment ingame, be it from working on faction reputation, PvE, or PvP.

Tacitus_

But there's just nothing special anymore, colour or not, simply because everything & everyone is supposedly special now. I can't remember the last time I felt a sense of individual accomplishment ingame, be it from working on faction reputation, PvE, or PvP.

I can. Mythic raids never lost that sense of accomplishment.

Back in the day guilds helped out those few people that got their legendaries out and were happy to do it

And this is bullshit. It caused a ton of drama not to mention if the one person quit or transferred.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That sucks. I really want the Heroic Unblinking Gaze of Sethe but people just avoid Iskar like the plague.
His loot table is awful. This is not to say Iskar has no good item drops...but there's not a lot there to attract a lot of different specs/classes. Given the frustrations that can arise from one player lagging out or making a mistake it makes sense nobody would really want to fight Iskar.

Tenebrous

I can. Mythic raids never lost that sense of accomplishment.

Maybe I should go DPS, because so far as tank, nothing has made me feel like "wow, that was hard! I'm glad I managed to do that." Not 13/13 (yet), though, so give it a few weeks and I'll see how it goes.

I am enjoying raiding, though! It's nice to spend time with the lads n ladies n just chat shit on vent.

I just want the Corrupted Nest Guardian.

You can have mine.

Tacitus_

Maybe I should go DPS, because so far as tank, nothing has made me feel like "wow, that was hard! I'm glad I managed to do that." Not 13/13 (yet), though, so give it a few weeks and I'll see how it goes.

I am enjoying raiding, though! It's nice to spend time with the lads n ladies n just chat shit on vent.

Yeah, tanking is not exactly the most exciting role. And to be honest, DPS isn't that exciting to perform either.

Still, when you get your first kill of a hard boss, that feels good.

Tenebrous

Yeah, tanking is not exactly the most exciting role. And to be honest, DPS isn't that exciting to perform either.

Still, when you get your first kill of a hard boss, that feels good.

I genuinely think I started it raiding again too late in the tier. It'll be more rewarding to do t19 from the start and push for those server firsts.

So I can be cheeky and nab one for a lady friend too? :p

Hit me up Robin64#2339

By a shitload, I mean 3, but sure, you can both have one. I'll sort you out when I'm back home on Monday.

Top Bottom