• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Apathy

Servers up, according to towelie it's still 2/2

Just logged in, can confirm, it's still only 2/2 valor upgrades, rumor was just that.

ZenaxPure

It's like a radio or something because people not even in the area can pop up in that system and talk to you, or gloat, or whatever. Maybe earlier quests will put standard NPC chatter there too, I dunno, but I haven't seen that happen.

Yeah from all the Legion footage I've seen one of the main purposes of it is to give NPCs a way to talk to you without being on screen or really far away. Pretty neat idea and looks cool.

Tampler

A question, from a discussion had within my guild earlier:

I'm sure there's been a previous instance where a new feature that dropped in the US on Tuesday didn't hit the EU on the Wednesday immediately following that but was postponed for a week (or more?) - but I can't remember what exactly that was. Was there a disastrous patch at one point?

Yeah, it was a Patch, sometime between Vanilla and Wrath, caused some realm issues, so it was delayed a week in the EU

You know what was underutilized in garrisons?

The monuments. Originally there were plans to be like trophy halls like the Seat of Knowledge in Pandaria I think for boss kills and such, but that sort of thing probably got cut when they scaled back garrisons overall.

Would be cool if the class order halls had monument/trophy case things. One thing that might be interesting is like a class vs. class AQ Gates event, with the winning class getting a permanent trophy in their hall.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Most things in the garrisons were underutilized. The fact that only Death Knights got garrison guards being one of them. Not Earthern Ring/Shaman guards, no Cenarion Circle/Druid guards, no Bloodsail Admiral guards.

Shit would have been minimal effort to add some kind of flavor to your garrison,

Also, people apparently starting to attempt to sell Mythic Archimonde mount on my server.

Asking price? 2.5mil

Dunno if they'll actually have many buyers. I mean I know people can be rich, but I'm probably in the top 1% of players already having nearly 1.5mil gold at the moment. Though an asking price of 1mil over that? It's like the 0.01% that could afford it, let alone want to pay that much. I don't even want to think about how much actual money that would be if you bought WoW tokens to pay for a carry.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'd just like to thank all fish botters, I levelled cooking from 0 - 700 for about 200g today.

(botting is bad mmmkay)

I mean, both times this has been brought up in this thread the only supporting evidence I'd seen is MMOC threads with wild speculation since they did it in MoP and another one based on some vague tweets. Seems like quite a leap from that to "4/4 is coming!"

Thank god it doesn't seem to be the case though.

Robin64

Someone that a lot of people listen to on Twitter kept saying "you better save up your valor points, that's all I'm saying!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I keep seeing Legion alpha videos of dungeons where they're missing a person and just trying to do it without them because no one is showing up

maybe like Blizz should open up the alpha more

Tenebrous

This is now the benchmark for all transmogs.

SyEOSS2.jpg

Milennia

Someone that a lot of people listen to on Twitter kept saying "you better save up your valor points, that's all I'm saying!"

That really isn't all it was but ok.

This was a thing whether they admit it publicly or not, still may do it, wouldn't have been this week anyway.

Robin64

Two blood elf crew ships with fishing nets are awesome for the oil rig. Can't fail, super fast return time, lotsa fish.

Also a chance to come back with a Sea Turtle mount.

ampere

I keep seeing Legion alpha videos of dungeons where they're missing a person and just trying to do it without them because no one is showing up

maybe like Blizz should open up the alpha more

Nah it's a bug where the finder won't replace a player who drops, not that there aren't any in queue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, not to throw shade or anything but I"m about to

why does mmochampion always post final boss's class videos? when the dude knows next to nothing about any of the classes on live or how it translates to alpha and isn't very popular? i think the only person with worse class 'preview' videos is bellular

idlewild_

Looks like 7.0 will remove all gold missions, some will reward garrison resources or apexis instead. Back to parking alts outside of instances for mount farming I guess.

Well, finally got the Chromatic Champion achievement and that was the last Cata raid achievement I needed. Hooray for never having to solo Spine of Deathwing again while frantically doing the safety dance so he doesn't intsta kill me. I never really liked that encounter to begin with.

ZenaxPure

Looks like 7.0 will remove all gold missions, some will reward garrison resources or apexis instead. Back to parking alts outside of instances for mount farming I guess.

The more distressing news about this patch is that they are nerfing the water striders. I dont like that at all. Wonder if the Raft will get nerfed as well.

Either way, lame as fuck.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Expected. I will miss the free gold, and paying for WoW might get more complicated, but at least there's good news about this... People will finally abandon their Garrisons, unless they need it for profession stuff.

Tenebrous

Glad to see the gold is gone.

The more distressing news about this patch is that they are nerfing the water striders. I dont like that at all. Wonder if the Raft will get nerfed as well.

Either way, lame as fuck.

What... Why?! That's ridiculous.

I swapped to ElvUI for a change. How does it know the guild rank/names of people in other guilds?

ZenaxPure

At a minimum I'd like them to be usable in the old world, those are literally the only mounts I use on low level characters.

I mean ofc I'd rather them not change at all, but, the change they have in that patch is 100% BS

Path of Frost suckers!
pwou69d.gif
(Unless that's gone too...)

And the gold nerf is necessary, as much as it saddens me. Wonder if they're gonna remove the gold bags you can buy from the trading post for GR as well. If not, there's still limited potential for free money. Otherwise everything else you can buy with garrison resources is mostly WoD consumables which will be obsolete. Definitely gonna have to up my AH game again in Legion for sure though. Hopefully the professions don't turn out to be so amazingly dull like the WoD incarnations.

Probably resub to the Consortium too when Legion release is imminent. Sometimes useful stuff in there and it's fairly cheap for 3/6months. Maybe get TSM Premium as well.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not me, though. Have to say I'm jealous of the people who will never need to worry about gold ever again because of this expansion.

Just did BWL again, 3 chances for Stormrage gloves to finish the set and once again zip :(

So I'm trying Ashran to maybe gear up my Rogue a bit, and all I can tell is we're getting our shit pushed in. Like, how is this even supposed to be fun? Spend an hour, get nothing. I think I've been on the winning side of Ashran maybe once all expansion.

Tenebrous

I've never leatherworked/skinned except for the Master Of All achievements. Seems like a buncha tedious shit to me... HOWEVER! How many Demon Hunters will there be when WoD launches? Definitely a decent amount, added to the three leather wearing classes already in the game.

so, uh
what professions make the most money? i'm boosting my monk. bought legion.

TBH none really right now. As for Legion? It's hard to say since professions aren't anywhere close to final implementations, if they're even in at all yet.

Enchanting is usually always good. Inscription is generally good at the start of expansions, but it's a wild-card right now with the glyph system being overhauled/removed. Alchemy tends to be steady business (albeit usually with thin margins), but better if there's a valuable transmute on the table.

Gathering professions may see a return to form in Legion with no mine/garden to supplant them. Honestly though outside the first few weeks/months of WoD, I probably made the most money off fishing/cooking this expac. DPS Potions were good too when they required meat/fish and I was one of a handful of people able to supply them.

ZenaxPure

Not me, though. Have to say I'm jealous of the people who will never need to worry about gold ever again because of this expansion.

Honestly what is really great is never having to worry about sub-time again while also having a ton of gold. When they announced tokens were going to be a thing I went hard on building up my garrisons and then when the token prices dipped down to 19k on US servers I went crazy. 0 regrets about how many I bought, especially with how much tokens cost now. At this stage of an expansion I'd usually not be subbed and just be waiting for the next one, but thanks to the token idgaf and have been working on alts and other stuff like achievements/transmog.

Top Bottom