• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Entropia

No One Remembers
I don't know how it is on your side, but in every LFR i've been in, one person grabs the eye, and holds it, and never passes it. I don't even think people know you can do that. That is one of the reasons you can't add mechanics like that to LFR.

The fight basically requires an addon for it to be manageable

Apathy

The fight basically requires an addon for it to be manageable

Not really. Blizzard raid frames show the debuff. Select a person with it and hit the extra action button. I've done it without the addon with just grid cause I forgot to turn it on a few times.

Meier

Anyone have any suggestions on the Druid healer proving grounds? Just having the biggest trouble with the 5th wave even on bronze. I've only recently tried it so half my gear is still aimed at feral. Is that possibly some of the problem? I'm ilvl 702 so I suppose the difficulty is maybe too high for my gear?

Either way, I'll be doing fine and then the boss type will do some huge burst damage and I just can't catch up..

Tenebrous

Anyone have any suggestions on the Druid healer proving grounds? Just having the biggest trouble with the 5th wave even on bronze. I've only recently tried it so half my gear is still aimed at feral. Is that possibly some of the problem? I'm ilvl 702 so I suppose the difficulty is maybe too high for my gear?

Either way, I'll be doing fine and then the boss type will do some huge burst damage and I just can't catch up..

Run a few heroics for 630 gear - Do endless healer 30 no problem. It's ridiculous how the scaling works in those damn things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you can still do that quest?

I can't get the quest to drop. :/

Check Caverns of Time or Orgrimmar. I know I had the quest, abandoned it and it wouldn't pop again from Firelands so I went looking for the next part of the chain and they had it up for me to accept

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to test Legion to see how it runs on my potato. With the new system requirements, I will probably have to run it at an even lower resolution (I currently play in 320x240). But perhaps some variables have been given new value intervals for more end user control. I uninstalled the beta client a while ago, so I haven't been able to look at new variables added.

Apathy

Rösti;196922888 said:
I can't wait to test Legion to see how it runs on my potato. With the new system requirements, I will probably have to run it at an even lower resolution (I currently play in 320x240). But perhaps some variables have been given new value intervals for more end user control. I uninstalled the beta client a while ago, so I haven't been able to look at new variables added.

Wtf? Did I get into a time machine and end up in 1998? How can you play at that resolution?

ampere

Requiring specific classes is bad because it prevents people from playing the class they want to. You shouldn't have to choose between being the class you want to play and being useful to the raid group. When you start requiring specific abilities or class combos people will gravitate towards the classes needed on the hardest fights and if you are trying to play a class that isn't required much it is going to be a lot harder to find a raid spot since x spots are already being taken up by "required" classes. There is a reason they have stopped pushing that line.

Requiring specific classes is also very bad for recruiting because it adds yet another barrier to recruiting and it can even create new recruiting requirements if you need more of class x and you don't have the people to play that class. This also goes back to why a flex difficulty is much better as it makes constant recruiting much less important.

You're not wrong, but I do like the idea of having required class abilities for fights like Mind Control on Blast Furnace. Maybe in practice it's not worth the added logistical trouble it puts on guilds like you're saying.

I ran that one twice. First time took 1 hour 40 minutes and was a wipefest. Second time my group had higher dps, a better healer, we knew wtf to do and it was a breezey 30m, here's my full clear of the Arcway, Prot Warrior PoV if you are interested.

Not really. Blizzard raid frames show the debuff. Select a person with it and hit the extra action button. I've done it without the addon with just grid cause I forgot to turn it on a few times.

It's not intuitive. I can't think of a single time other than that fight where you have to target another player and press the extra action button. It's a design failure that is trivialized by an addon IMO

Apathy

You're not wrong, but I do like the idea of having required class abilities for fights like Mind Control on Blast Furnace. Maybe in practice it's not worth the added logistical trouble it puts on guilds like you're saying.

I ran that one twice. First time took 1 hour 40 minutes and was a wipefest. Second time my group had higher dps, a better healer, we knew wtf to do and it was a breezey 30m, here's my full clear of the Arcway, Prot Warrior PoV if you are interested.

It's not intuitive. I can't think of a single time other than that fight where you have to target another player and press the extra action button. It's a design failure that is trivialized by an addon IMO

Never said it was intuitive, in fact it's my most hated fight in the whole instance (Assault is a close second only due to boredom). I was pointing out that it can be done without the addon just fine

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How many classes even have abilities you could design entire mechanics around though? Even something like the mind control example...it's really just a means of giving players a new toolkit, and that can be accomplished with the vehicle system or even the action button if properly implemented.

I remember reading that multistrike is being removed in Legion. Are there any other stats being removed? What will happen to existing armor with those stats?

Apathy

How many classes even have abilities you could design entire mechanics around though? Even something like the mind control example...it's really just a means of giving players a new toolkit, and that can be accomplished with the vehicle system or even the action button if properly implemented.

Well the mc issue was solved in naxx 10 with mc crystals. Not that it is mandatory, but things like gorefiends grasp was close to mandatory to get a kill on xhul and mannoroth.

ampere

Perhaps those are better ways. Soft requirements like a mage or hunter being best for a job might be better.

I remember reading that multistrike is being removed in Legion. Are there any other stats being removed? What will happen to existing armor with those stats?

Multistrike, Bonus Armor and Spirit are all being removed, and the are still tinkering with the stats on jewelry and cloaks (right now on alpha they have no primary stat).

I'd expect the removed stats will be replaced with mastery, crit or haste like when stats were removed in the past.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Do you get anything useful at the end of the Garrison campaign quests or can you freely ignore them? I'm low on both oil and resources if you get either of them, but currently I'm just getting gold as a reward.

ampere

Do you get anything useful at the end of the Garrison campaign quests or can you freely ignore them? I'm low on both oil and resources if you get either of them, but currently I'm just getting gold as a reward.

You get a follower, and some toy items along the way. I don't think there's much GR and no oil

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yeah the fire artifact weapon is kind of incredible
FMABurned.jpg

ZenaxPure

Should be pretty easy to keep the group up with wild growth/mushroom and just keep HoTs rolling on the tank with the occasional regrowth. the group doesn't really take much damage on the Bronze trial. As for gear, yeah you should make sure you have intellect gear in the slots that don't have both agi and int.

Get Revered I think with Vol'jins Spear (or whatever the Tanaan PVE faction is called) and you can buy the oil rig blueprint and never run out of oil again. There will be a naval mission that nets you 400 oil every time. Also you should have a trade post where you can turn garrison gathered crafting resources like ores, plants, meats, etc into garrison resources.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Resubbed to EQ's Raid Box progression server while I wait for Legion.

P99 was kind of fun but having stuff like corpse run eliminated and having maps isn't key to my nostalgic experience. And this progression is earlier on than P99.

cdyhybrid

Resubbed to EQ's Raid Box progression server while I wait for Legion.

P99 was kind of fun but having stuff like corpse run eliminated and having maps isn't key to my nostalgic experience. And this progression is earlier on than P99.

I played their new progression server (Ragefire) for a bit, got a Necro to 49. Then I realized that everything there was to do in the end game was completely locked down 24/7 by an army of Mage botters all in the same guild, and decided to stop wasting my time.

Shahadan

People ignore the lfr mechanics because there are no consequences. None of the mechanics that would normally kill you do, so there's no incentive to doing them right.
They don't kill you precisely so you can understand them. Otherwise you might as well do normal right away.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played their new progression server (Ragefire) for a bit, got a Necro to 49. Then I realized that everything there was to do in the end game was completely locked down 24/7 by an army of Mage botters all in the same guild, and decided to stop wasting my time.

Well, at least in this one guilds can request raid instances so you don't have Sleeper's Tomb 2.0

Tenebrous

Fury Warriors should dismember their defeated foes, and Arms should execute them.

I know that wouldn't work in a 12+/T rated game.

Apathy

They don't kill you precisely so you can understand them. Otherwise you might as well do normal right away.

Yeah but they also don't do enough damage to care or even notice. You could just attribute it to some small aoe damage. Look at fel lord. The pillars and the wave damage is so negligible what do you get out of an understanding because of it? Do you learn that on any other difficulty the waves can't at all hit the pillars or else you're taking massive damage? Do you learn that you need to minimize the amount of pillars that spawn and having them spawn near each other is best?

It's not like normal does either.

Pugged most of HFC normal without touching lfr or having any idea about any of The bosses and nothing came close to killing me.

So yeah you might as well do normal right away. Its pretty much mop/cata lfr difficulty, its a joke.

But then again, why should it be hard, when the gear it drops is either shitter, on par, or slightly better than honor gear which you can fully gear up from in a day (trinkets and set bonus's aside).

They really need to drop a difficulty, they're doing a shitty job at sustaining 4.

Apathy

Have you done the fight with IskarAssist??

Yeah, I have (also I hate IskarAsssist, the exorsus iskar frames are more appealing to me). There have been times when I forgot to turn it on before the fight and once it starts I couldn't turn it on, so I just did it normally, while healing. it's not that hard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fury Warriors should dismember their defeated foes, and Arms should execute them.

I know that wouldn't work in a 12+/T rated game.

Arms should do this

oh wait that would require having a cool artifact instead of the shit tier human looking garbage valkyr sword we got

Tenebrous

Need gold on Defias Brotherhood Horde (EU). Willing to trade pets from main realm, 1k~ or so from Alliance on the same server, or perhaps something different, I don't know.

Arms should do this

oh wait that would require having a cool artifact instead of the shit tier human looking garbage valkyr sword we got

Uhh, yes please.

At least arms gets that cool axe. Prot gets nothing weapon wise!

Gear really shouldn't matter on bronze, the WoWhead guide for WoD silver proving grounds state that you need ilvl615 or higher so you should be more than good in the gear department. Maybe just switch out gear that doesn't have toggle-able main stats and isn't providing you with INT.

Maybe this WoWhead guide for Resto Druid will help:
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2171/restoration-druid-guide

This is the main healer guide for silver proving grounds in WoD:
http://www.wowhead.com/guides/raidi...nds-silver-in-warlords#proving-grounds-healer

Arms should do this

They can't even get relatively static animation to synch properly: see Garrosh holding that Horde general (Krom'gar? Grom'kar?) by the neck before tossing him off of the Tauren village at the end of Horde Stone Talon Mountains questline.

Lomax

Need gold on Defias Brotherhood Horde (EU). Willing to trade pets from main realm, 1k~ or so from Alliance on the same server, or perhaps something different, I don't know.

Just look for pets that sell for more (or around the same) on your new server as on your old one, buy them on the old server, crate them on the new, and sell. Easier than dealing with a third party.

Tenebrous

Just look for pets that sell for more (or around the same) on your new server as on your old one, buy them on the old server, crate them on the new, and sell. Easier than dealing with a third party.

I've been doing this for years, but wahhhh, I want the gold now! I did get a decent piece of slutmog, though. Should bring in some decent cash!

There's a lake in the Borean Tundra (Lake Kum'uya) with lots of fish pools and an INSANE drop rate for that Turtle. I myself had been trying for a long time to get it, and got it in about 20 minutes there.

Tenebrous

Nice! I saw one of those for like 600k on the BMAH last week.

Crazy. I think the Wooly White Rhino went for something like that on my server...

There's a lake in the Borean Tundra (Lake Kum'uya) with lots of fish pools and an INSANE drop rate for that Turtle. I myself had been trying for a long time to get it, and got it in about 20 minutes there.

Sure you're not confusing the turtles?

Micapo

No Big love rocket for me even though I queued up with multiple adds every single day of the event. It was to be expected but it still sucks man. At least I have a lot of Toxic whelplings and fumigator masks mocking me in my bags.

Anyone got lucky with the drop this year?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf? Did I get into a time machine and end up in 1998? How can you play at that resolution?
I upsample from 640x480 using the cvar RenderScale. I have an Ati Radeon 3000 Graphics (256 MB) card, optimization is key if I want to raid.

This is what it looks like:

The UI is not affected by RenderScale, so text I at least have no issues with.

Top Bottom