• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Rösti;197115317 said:
I upsample from 640x480 using the cvar RenderScale. I have an Ati Radeon 3000 Graphics (256 MB) card, optimization is key if I want to raid.

This is what it looks like:

The UI is not affected by RenderScale, so text I at least have no issues with.

Jesus my eyes are hurt just by looking at this image, i can't possibly imagine playing like this.

Apathy

Rösti;197115317 said:
I upsample from 640x480 using the cvar RenderScale. I have an Ati Radeon 3000 Graphics (256 MB) card, optimization is key if I want to raid.

The stuff that fuels nightmares

Tenebrous

Rösti;197115317 said:

Holy shit. Even RuneScape looks better.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rösti;197115317 said:

You probably already answered that question in the past, but why are you not upgrading? You don't need to buy a 1000$ computer to play WoW.

Or do you just enjoy seeing how low you can get with this game and torture yourself at the same time?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You probably already answered that question in the past, but why are you not upgrading? You don't need to buy a 1000$ computer to play WoW.

Or do you just enjoy seeing how low you can get with this game and torture yourself at the same time?

It's the latter, but he pretends it's the former.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wait, Rosti. You're like, actually playing with a weak rig? Not just doing that stuff for shits and giggles?

Do we need a kickstarter or Patreon to get you a new computer?

It's the latter, but he pretends it's the former.

Oh, I should've read these before I asked.

ZenaxPure

I was going to joke and say that screen reminds me of 3D GBA games but when i went to look at some screenshots to refresh my memory most of the GBA games looked better than that. Holy shit lol

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm poor and I cannot afford new hardware. Ironically I have a better GPU I could use, but my motherboard doesn't support it.

Don't worry though, I've nothing against playing the game like this.

cdyhybrid

Anyone else just completely given up on the Garrison? I feel like I have to keep up with missions etc. because it's so much gold, but running through that stuff everyday on 10+ characters makes me want to die.

Tenebrous

Anyone else just completely given up on the Garrison? I feel like I have to keep up with missions etc. because it's so much gold, but running through that stuff everyday on 10+ characters makes me want to die.

I've given up on everything, haha. If I wasn't raiding & playing for "free" then I'd be gone for a few months.

cdyhybrid

I've given up on everything, haha. If I wasn't raiding & playing for "free" then I'd be gone for a few months.
Haha, same here. Hopefully they tie gold generation in Legion into something active rather than passive. Maybe the quests from your class hall or something.

Bisnic

Haha, same here. Hopefully they tie gold generation in Legion into something active rather than passive. Maybe the quests from your class hall or something.

It's be great if instead of simply sending 2 followers to a mission for 225g, you could just do a daily quest with 2 optional objectives for that 225g. Like the daily quest is gathering 15 artifacts, and the 2 optional objectives are killing 2 rares.

I see no reason why Blizzard would suddenly stop giving lots of gold to players simply because Garrisons aren't used anymore. They had no issues with players getting rich in Draenor, why would they in Legion?

ZenaxPure

It's actually never bothered me really but I've always treated garrison stuff as a second monitor thing. I typically do it while watching a tv show and eating breakfast.

Also in response to above, it wouldn't work like that. I can run through all my garrison missions in the time it takes to do your average daily quest set. Those quests would have to give like 5k gold to equal the time/effort.

cdyhybrid

It's be great if instead of simply sending 2 followers to a mission for 225g, you could just do a daily quest with 2 optional objectives for that 225g. Like the daily quest is gathering 15 artifacts, and the 2 optional objectives are killing 2 rares.

I see no reason why Blizzard would suddenly stop giving lots of gold to players simply because Garrisons aren't used anymore. They had no issues with players getting rich in Draenor, why would they in Legion?
Yeah, that would be great. Presumably people are gonna be out gathering, farming for legendaries, etc., might as well throw in some gold opportunities there.

ampere

Well, Garrisons were goldmines because Blizzard didn't really think about what they were doing at all, honestly. This was not intentional inflation.

I'd expect that money making in Legion goes back to what it was like in MoP, though I could be wrong.

Bisnic

Well, Garrisons were goldmines because Blizzard didn't really think about what they were doing at all, honestly. This was not intentional inflation.

I'd expect that money making in Legion goes back to what it was like in MoP, though I could be wrong.

If that was really the case, they would have hotfixed that shit almost as fast as any major mistakes they've made in the past.

I can see both sides but kind of agree that if garrison gold gain wasn't entirely intentional, it would have been hit with the hamfist a while ago. They could have removed the ability to recruit followers with treasure hunter, nerfed Harrison and the Salvage Crates contents to impact the lowest hanging fruit for easy gold.

People say they're playing for free through gold but someone bought that token, so Blizzard got their sub money for a month either way and cut off a gold farmers business at the same time.

ZenaxPure

I can see both sides but kind of agree that if garrison gold gain wasn't entirely intentional, it would have been hit with the hamfist a while ago. They could have removed the ability to recruit followers with treasure hunter, nerfed Harrison and the Salvage Crates contents to impact the lowest hanging fruit for easy gold..

They did all those things though. Treasure hunter wasn't in at launch, salvage crates have been nerfed multiple times in both content and frequency (I used to get about 100 per week/character now I get around 20 and you get about half the greens you used to), and they put the account wide restriction on rare gold missions which is where a lot of the gold was coming from. They nerfed about all they could without straight up removing garrison gold.

I think the most reasonable reason they didn't get rid of it completely is cause it's not as widespread a problem as most people think. There are just less people playing right now than usual (a number that will obviously go up in Legion) and it takes a lot of effort to make huge huge amounts of gold. You need to level a ton of alts which is something I really don't think the majority of casual players do. If they did the token wouldn't be a thing, but it is. There are clearly a lot of people out there that would rather just pay 20 bucks for 40k gold than take the time to level up and set up a garrison.

ampere

If that was really the case, they would have hotfixed that shit almost as fast as any major mistakes they've made in the past.

I don't think it was a "whoops!" I think it was a more gradual "what have we done..." sort of thing. Probably didn't want to hotfix after people had done the initial investment to get their Garrisons running

Blizzard knew what they were doing with Garrisons. Treasure Hunter trait wasn't even in the game at launch.

Right, but Treasure Hunter was what really made the gold explosion occur, and they added that trait because of player feedback. I don't think they anticipated the result.

They did "nerf" Garrison gold a tad anyway, giving diminishing returns for having multiple toons and removing the gold reward from Mythic cache missions, but it wasn't enough.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
my two cents on the garrison gold thing is that once they realized there wasn't much content to be had for WoD, they introduced the treasure hunter to get people to keep paying for and making the WoW Token market move faster.

the initial gold gain probably wasnt intentional and they did nerf it, but they brought it back up.

ampere

I always forget how miserable Hellfire Peninsula is nowadays. Tried to level my Mage and there's like 20+ level 100 Alliance ganking anyone in sight. CRZ is so fun

Tenebrous

I always forget how miserable Hellfire Peninsula is nowadays. Tried to level my Mage and there's like 20+ level 100 Alliance ganking anyone in sight. CRZ is so fun

2 XP pots. First one for 59-64 in Ramps, second one for 64-68+ in Sethekk Halls. Beats trying to quest in Hellfire.

Lomax

There's a lake in the Borean Tundra (Lake Kum'uya) with lots of fish pools and an INSANE drop rate for that Turtle. I myself had been trying for a long time to get it, and got it in about 20 minutes there.

This is a good tip on the pools, but there's no reason to believe the drop rate there is any different than anywhere else, you just happened to hit some good luck. It is probably the best spot for continual pool fishing I've seen though, especially with a little server hopping.

This one time, I choose to believe the WoWhead hyperbole because of how long I was looking for the Turtle, and on a whim one day went to the spot I was told about and got it in minutes

Well I'd love to believe it too, but I just spent several hours there with no luck. Sometimes the RNG gods are just kind to you.

This is a good tip on the pools, but there's no reason to believe the drop rate there is any different than anywhere else, you just happened to hit some good luck. It is probably the best spot for continual pool fishing I've seen though, especially with a little server hopping.

This one time, I choose to believe the WoWhead hyperbole because of how long I was looking for the Turtle, and on a whim one day went to the spot I was told about and got it in minutes

So a level 90 rogue's Blind actually a) worked on me (@100), b) lasted for like 10 seconds

WTF.

Also Vanish is broken as fuck. Keeps getting away from me with that cause it grants damage immunity.

Apathy

So a level 90 rogue's Blind actually a) worked on me (@100), b) lasted for like 10 seconds

WTF.

Also Vanish is broken as fuck. Keeps getting away from me with that cause it grants damage immunity.

Pretty sure vanish has granted immunity for a few seconds after since like wrath cause they could never fix it

They did all those things though. Treasure hunter wasn't in at launch, salvage crates have been nerfed multiple times in both content and frequency (I used to get about 100 per week/character now I get around 20 and you get about half the greens you used to), and they put the account wide restriction on rare gold missions which is where a lot of the gold was coming from. They nerfed about all they could without straight up removing garrison gold.

I think the most reasonable reason they didn't get rid of it completely is cause it's not as widespread a problem as most people think. There are just less people playing right now than usual (a number that will obviously go up in Legion) and it takes a lot of effort to make huge huge amounts of gold. You need to level a ton of alts which is something I really don't think the majority of casual players do. If they did the token wouldn't be a thing, but it is. There are clearly a lot of people out there that would rather just pay 20 bucks for 40k gold than take the time to level up and set up a garrison.

Crazy, even though they have nerfed certain things I basically make a Firelands run every day without actually doing anything. You definitely need that specific combination of core buildings and the simple time investment to make it happen though. I've been choosing different buildings in my mage's garrison to get the different achievements, titles and what not and the passive gold gain isn't the same. Most of its money comes through tailoring versus my shaman which just passively makes gold every day.

It doesn't help that garrison follower rewards funnel lvl 100's into Outland with Halaa tokens. I just avoid pvp quests in Outland because they're impossible with lvl 100 players camping them. I'm skipping Outland leveling with my Warlock by constantly dungeon queuing and just collecting mats I need for ink research. Basically leveling Herbalism and Inscription while I wait for queues to pop.

ZenaxPure

Crazy, even though they have nerfed certain things I basically make a Firelands run every day without actually doing anything. You definitely need that specific combination of core buildings and the simple time investment to make it happen though. I've been choosing different buildings in my mage's garrison to get the different achievements, titles and what not and the passive gold gain isn't the same. Most of its money comes through tailoring versus my shaman which just passively makes gold every day.

Yeah, while gold is still pretty crazy those 4ish months of 6.1 -> 6.2 launch was pure insanity. I was making about the same gold per week I am currently despite only having like 11 max level characters at that point.

I don't mind the nerfs so much really, garrison management is way faster now that I only need to cycle missions out once per day and don't have to open around 1000 crates per week now. There is no way I could have kept up with that despite how good the gold was. Nerfs made it way less of a timesink.

825 boxes left. The madness continues...(at whatever pace.)

Really wanna try and get some XCOM 2 or Banished in this week though. Might buy Stardew Valley, but it seems a little slow for tastes right now. Enjoyable to watch in the background though.

cdyhybrid

Someone made an interesting point on the MMOC forums (shocking, I know) - does shared nodes mean we'll have farmers botting 40 gatherers that will all be able to loot the same node? Because that will surely flood the market with materials, and might make gathering professions much less enticing.

Someone made an interesting point on the MMOC forums (shocking, I know) - does shared nodes mean we'll have farmers botting 40 gatherers that will all be able to loot the same node? Because that will surely flood the market with materials, and might make gathering professions much less enticing.

Well the simple solution there is that a given node can only be looted a few times before despawning. I mean how often have you ever a) had to compete for a node in the first place and b) compete with more than one other person. Very, very rarely. I've never seen I think more than 3 people going after the same node at once.

But I still think that changing the system is dumb in a way as scarcity is healthy for the economy - gives materials a value.

I guess it will depend on what the bonuses are for leveling up gathering profession beyond the potential economic gain of selling your Legion resources.

Even if Legion gathering professions are as awful as WoD, mining will still be worth it for older expansion ores. I kept mining on my engi Shaman and made decent coin farming Khorium and Felsteel. Made more money off of BC crafting mats than I did gathering and selling WoD ores.

I miss the older synergy mining had with other professions. I could sell lumps of 5 ore and random jewels to Jewel Crafters, process ore to sell to Blacksmiths and other Engineers, sell rocks to JC, BS and Engi's as well as the rare secondary crafting mats to pretty much anyone. I like that more than the profession currency, primal spirits, garrison generated resources and sorcerous mats thing they did in WoD.

ZenaxPure

They mentioned at Blizzcon in some random interview or something that the nodes would only last about 10 seconds after the first person looted it, so they will still despawn pretty fast. They mostly just wanted a way to make you not feel like shit when a druid randomly plops down on the ground and takes your shit then peaces out.

That wouldn't help with a botting problem really, but it should make herbs/ore not feel a ton different than they do right now.

Robin64

Screw WoW, I'm going where the hottest girls are.

2yqiYPe.png

Tenebrous

Yeah, I think I'm done with Warlords outside of raiding now. CM's will get me above 22k achieve points, I'm sitting on 84 exalted factions, a few mil gold, and 11/13m with a good chance of clearing completely before the summer. Only pre MoP mounts I miss are Invincible & two Argent Tournament mounts, and fuck doing any of those, even with lockout sharing.

Screw WoW, I'm going where the hottest girls are.

2yqiYPe.png

Holy shit lol.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, I think I'm done with Warlords outside of raiding now. CM's will get me above 22k achieve points, I'm sitting on 84 exalted factions, a few mil gold, and 11/13m with a good chance of clearing completely before the summer. Only pre MoP mounts I miss are Invincible & two Argent Tournament mounts, and fuck doing any of those, even with lockout sharing.

Holy shit lol.
Do you do your lockout saving with alts or do you have someone to help you with invites? If it's the former, can you point me towards a guide?

Tenebrous

Do you do your lockout saving with alts or do you have someone to help you with invites? If it's the former, can you point me towards a guide?

The key to any lockout saving is to not kill any bosses on heroic. ICC is perfect because you can do every boss upto & including Sindigrosa on 10/25n, invite your alt, and then just swap to heroic inside.

This is the guide I used (shamelessly stolen from Wowhead comments).
If you are planning on farming this mount on multiple characters, follow these simple steps to only clear the instance once.
1. Clear untill you have killed all the upper floor bosses on 10/25m normal.
2. Exit the instance and set 25m normal, enter again. (skip if cleared on 25m)
3. Create a group in custom with whatever name you want.
4. Log out and in to another character, sign up to the group.
5. Log into the char that made the group, accept the appliction.
6. Now log back into the char you are killing LK with first, accept the invitation, enter the instance, accept the lockout and wait 1.5minutes untill you become leader of the group.
7. Delist your group and kick the character with the original lockout, and remeber to set the instance to heroic!
8. Kill the lich king and enjoy not getting your mount -> repeat :(.

Just, and I can't stress it enough, do not clear/kill a single boss on heroic. You'll fuck your save up.

Top Bottom