• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

Yup, we definitely need another stat squish.

I always preferred the BC levels where people had about 30k health.

I almost think they should just stat squish every expansion, but I guess you'd have people feeling like they never got any more powerful. I wonder if the people who supported the stat squish are gone now and the current administration is fine with the numbers getting huge. Maybe they see the popularity of things like clicker games and think people want to see massive numbers.

Tenebrous

No-one in BC had 30k health except for maybe raid buffed tanks using Last Stand in full SWP/BT gear. If I recall correctly, the average HP of a Kara tank was 13-16k, and our MT had 22k buffed when doing T6 content.

Tacitus_

I almost think they should just stat squish every expansion, but I guess you'd have people feeling like they never got any more powerful. I wonder if the people who supported the stat squish are gone now and the current administration is fine with the numbers getting huge. Maybe they see the popularity of things like clicker games and think people want to see massive numbers.

We'll get another squish once we start doing over a million per attack and bosses start to have close to billion hp.

So probably after Legion.

You're thinking WOTLK, and yeah I agree that was the perfect health pool, tbh, since the end of Cata I've stopped paying attention to health altogether, I couldn't tell you whether I have 400k, 500k, or 300k on live.

Millions is just getting stupid, super demotivating.

Could it be a PVP prestige mount for horde?
I'd love to have it on my alliance toons.

It is. It's a re-tint of the Vicious Skeletal Warhorse.

635084628696591829.jpg

StMeph

I actually like the Horde garrison because it so closely resembles a WC3 base. The Alliance garrison just looks like a lowbie town surrounded by high walls.

Alliance Garrison is better because it is closer to the pet trainer Ashlei who you can easily farm every day to level up pets because she has an Elekk that can't fight.

It is. It's a re-tint of the Vicious Skeletal Warhorse.

They're redoing the basic mounts as well.

Which is about damn time because they're the first mounts newbs get and after the updated cata content and races they see that and then they're probably like wtf is this ugly shit I'm out and then quit the game.

And humans are the best looking race in armor.

Ew fuck no.

Wow has the ugliest humans I've seen in any game ever.

Every other MMO I play human most of the time, but in WoW I'd rather quit.

Pejo

Hey guys, I was thinking of coming back to see how much has changed/stayed the same since unsubbing a few years ago. Is there any "welcome back" program or promotion going on that would let me log in to my old characters for like 7 days or so, just to check out the state of the game?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to update the goblin and worgen models. They said they'd look over them and see how they looked but if you look at all the animation present in the face of all the new models, the Worgen and Goblins look ridiculous in the static face department

Tenebrous

Hey guys, I was thinking of coming back to see how much has changed/stayed the same since unsubbing a few years ago. Is there any "welcome back" program or promotion going on that would let me log in to my old characters for like 7 days or so, just to check out the state of the game?

You can do a WoD trial for 10 days, I believe.

Sioen

After waiting a lot for it I almost have draenor flying, 2 more days and I can finally say that I did it. Never expected to actually do it. I'm happy now.

StMeph

They need to update the goblin and worgen models. They said they'd look over them and see how they looked but if you look at all the animation present in the face of all the new models, the Worgen and Goblins look ridiculous in the static face department

The model updates with WoD and world map updates with Cata cost too much in terms of dev time with very little payoff in the sense that the trade always made the expansion seem thin and weak to others by comparison. I have a hard time imagining that Blizzard will push changes for Goblin or Worgen through anytime soon in either of the next two expansions.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The model updates with WoD and world map updates with Cata cost too much in terms of dev time with very little payoff in the sense that the trade always made the expansion seem thin and weak to others by comparison. I have a hard time imagining that Blizzard will push changes for Goblin or Worgen through anytime soon in either of the next two expansions.
The model updates in WoD were really important. I find it hard to believe players can't see the value in Blizzard working on that.

ampere

So the Succubus has had 3 different models but all the other warlock pets have only had one.

They are different colors, not models.

3 colors being datamined does not mean they are all available to players. You'll frequently see different recolors of mounts, armor, models, etc get datamined, and yet only a few or even one makes it into the game as something players can use.

They are different colors, not models.

3 colors being datamined does not mean they are all available to players. You'll frequently see different recolors of mounts, armor, models, etc get datamined, and yet only a few or even one makes it into the game as something players can use.

No, I meant that the succubus has gone through 3 different model iterations while the Imp, Voidwalker and Felhunter are still the same models from the WoW Beta.

LswueRo.jpg

Left is Original Model, Right is the revised model implemented late in Vanilla or BC. I can't remember when. I also don't see why these new Succubus models won't replace the current Warlock pet model. Original mounts are getting new models so why wouldn't pets? E: Misread.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sometimes I just wish there was a button to deactivate CRZ so I could hunt for mounts that drop around the world in peace, without the actual mobs being dead 99.9% of the time. I really want those badass looking triceratops mounts, but it's just impossible to find one Warbringer still alive...

ampere

No, I meant that the succubus has gone through 3 different model iterations while the Imp, Voidwalker and Felhunter are still the same models from the WoW Beta.

http://i.imgur.com/LswueRo.jpg[img]

Left is Original Model, Right is the revised model implemented late in Vanilla or BC. I can't remember when. [s]I also don't see why these new Succubus models won't replace the current Warlock pet model. Original mounts are getting new models so why wouldn't pets?[/s] E: Misread.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I admit I don't follow Warlocks closely enough to notice, but I did think the Felhunter was being upgraded, or is that just a similar demon?

ZenaxPure

We'll get another squish once we start doing over a million per attack and bosses start to have close to billion hp.

So probably after Legion.

Too lazy right now to hunt down the blue post but they've more or less alluded that there will be another stat squish someday. Like you my guess would be 8.0. Mostly because numbers are going to be ridiculous by the end of Legion, more ridiculous than MoP I assume though I haven't looked into it much.

Ah. I admit I don't follow Warlocks closely enough to notice, but I did think the Felhunter was being upgraded, or is that just a similar demon?

There is a new Felhunter model but I've only seen it used as a NPC model.
qqcSP5o.png

Top is new model, bottom is old model and current warlock pet model.

Also I'm pretty sure the warlock pet model is just the Warcraft 3 model with a few added polygons and the mana suckers.

Hitched a ride on an excellent Heroic HFC pug, went from Gore to Manny with only one wipe on Manny, two on Iskar and one on Xhul. We stopped before Arch tho. I went from 715 to 719 ilvl so thats awesome, and got the Unblinking Gaze from Iskar so I never have to do him again.

19 wipes, 1 victory. whew

Daniel R

Decided to start farming raid mounts since I felt I had some time off from garrisons.

I have done Onyxia plenty of times before but she finally dropped her mount on the first character I tried today :).

peter0611

Hi. Who here uses an MMO mouse? I recently bought a razor naga epic. So now obviously I feel crippled while relearning how to control my character. How long did it take for muscle memory to kick in so you could become competent again? Lol

I'm staying away from dungeons until it doesn't take my thumb 3 secs to find the button for raging blow...

Hitched a ride on an excellent Heroic HFC pug, went from Gore to Manny with only one wipe on Manny, two on Iskar and one on Xhul. We stopped before Arch tho. I went from 715 to 719 ilvl so thats awesome, and got the Unblinking Gaze from Iskar so I never have to do him again.

19 wipes, 1 victory. whew

Congrats! I did Iskar on H for the first time on Weds. It's a crazy fight. I also coined mirror on Council which made me supremely happy.

I'll be a happier person if I never have to hear "IT'S A LOOOONG WAAAAAY DOOOOWWWNNN" ever again

Haha. Yeah. The group I was with had a few issues because people weren't passing the eye fast enough (or at all!), so a lot of people got knocked off because of winds. I get to try it tonight on my Alliance shaman, woo! :(

cdyhybrid

Factually incorrect. Human males look terrible, females meh. The real answer is blood elf females are the top, males look OK.
Nah. Textures are squished because they're so skinny, tiny weapons...nah b.

Unless you're perving it up, in which case you might have an argument.

strafer

We named him Dranosh. It means "Heart of Draenor" in orcish. I would not let the warlocks take him. My boy would be safe, hidden away by the elders of Garadar.

Hi. Who here uses an MMO mouse? I recently bought a razor naga epic. So now obviously I feel crippled while relearning how to control my character. How long did it take for muscle memory to kick in so you could become competent again? Lol

I'm staying away from dungeons until it doesn't take my thumb 3 secs to find the button for raging blow...
I use a G600 and it took me at least a week to fully memorize. It's like second nature once you get used to it though. Just give it some time and keep using those buttons.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
We named him Dranosh. It means "Heart of Draenor" in orcish. I would not let the warlocks take him. My boy would be safe, hidden away by the elders of Garadar.

IN THE MOUNTAINS

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah. Textures are squished because they're so skinny, tiny weapons...nah b.

Unless you're perving it up, in which case you might have an argument.

if you're perving it up, female Draenei are still far better than female blood elves

female blood elves might be the worst model in the game

Lomax

So long. Soooooo long. I port down, sell all my drops, and port back, and he's still talking. The alliance one is shorter but not by much. But then the alliance one rambles on forever afterwards. Still not as bad as Kael though.

Gratz on the ridiculous achievement.

Is there someone people would recommend other than Bellular for Legion alpha class spec breakdown videos? I know some people here (and in the comment sections of his own videos) are kind of down on the content for being rushed, contradictory and not necessarily well thought out. I've been half-watching a few of his videos while painting and was wondering if there was more optimal content people would recommend to check out.

Not really digging what I'm seeing of the new Elemental Shaman in the Legion alpha.

Top Bottom