• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Not true, you can get around 1-1.5K XP with a lvl 100 XP quest on a low lvl follower(with lvl 100s to help of course), which is enough to at least give it one level per mission.

Harrison helps a lot sure, but without him, and by doing 2 high lvl XP missions per day, your lvl 90 can hit lvl 100 in 5 days if you don't feel like doing Harrison quests on all your alts.

Yeah, sorry, I think it's like 50% with 1-2 levels/15 ilevel, and something like 10% below that. Just consider that as pretty much nothing compared to Harrison :p.

Don't do it, dog. It's not worth it.

If there was a way I could guarantee any semblance of seeing the Quiraji/skeleton raptor mount I'd do archaeology more, but it's a combination of long travel times (i.e. not a raid with a central location), and no guarantee of a good amount of gold, along with the same minuscule mount chances as raid farming.

Dragon Soul is easy, why skip it?

Spine can take some getting used to with the dancing, especially without self-heals/high ilevel. Everything up to that is fine, tho, yeah. Less stuff to 'worry' about compared to Firelands.

but after it is running it makes about 6k or so a week (not including mats or profession items).

I honestly don't know if I see these numbers. Most of my treasure missions are 20-75 gold pre-treasure hunters (and most of which are 1 follower missions), which leads to ~3k per week (including salvage selling) per week before shipyard chances.

Guess I'll have to try tracking it.

Also if you're running older instances for gold/transmogs/mounts/whatever, don't just vendor trash things like cloth or crafting mats. It's pretty easy to hoover up a stack of 200 [insert name] cloth running an instance a few times and sell it ezpz on the AH. Sometimes people will pay a premium to not have to buy individual pieces of cloth or multiple small stacks. Sometimes it's the seller of said individual and small stacks. Cloth stacks always move.

ZenaxPure

Also don't underestimate running LFR (especially highmaul) for satchels, each one is about 600g and I see dps satchels up every day. Queue for those while clearing the old raids. And dps satchel runs are always super fast and smooth.

This is super worth mentioning as well. Satchel runs are good money, if you are just dps check for the highmaul wings and Blackhand, those are all less than 10 minute runs at this point, each wing also gives gold on top of the satchel so it builds up fast. If you have a tank/healer spec it's even better (especially tank, tank call to arms show up all the time for dungeons).

Well I have both Firelands mounts, so I don't run that raid anymore for gold or otherwise. Dragon Soul is too annoying to run consistently, and Ulduar doesn't make me any money when I have a lockout straight at Yogg.

Done with my "the Insane" grind, so there's not much else to casually do in my down time. Suppose I could work on Loremaster before Legion launches. That damn battle tank has my name on it though.

Lomax

Dragon Soul is easy, why skip it?

A lot of people really seem to hate it, it has a lot of rp and Spine is obnoxious. For those looking for easy gold for minimal effort, DS is usually a pass. Also, "easy" is relative, even Firelands can be tricky for someone undergeared, the difference between even 650 and 700 iLvl is substantial, and most people's alts aren't geared exceptionally.

I honestly don't know if I see these numbers. Most of my treasure missions are 20-75 gold pre-treasure hunters (and most of which are 1 follower missions), which leads to ~3k per week (including salvage selling) per week before shipyard chances.

Guess I'll have to try tracking it.

I've been tracking it for a while now. The interesting thing to me is on each of my horde and alliance servers, I have one "main" that has 675 followers and optimized treasure hunters and such, and one secondary character that just has some treasure hunters and isn't as well developed. But on both servers, my gold income from garrisons is almost exactly 50/50 between the two characters, which lends credence to the idea that gold missions are distributed on an account or server level. I also make slightly more gold on the server that I play more often (10-20% or so), but I never miss a mission, so it seems play time may have some influence on mission generation as well. I've been making pretty consistently around 5k per character per week for a while now, just in gold missions. And it seems reasonable to expect that things like the jewelcrafter or scribe missions would add at least a bit to that. And that's ignoring things like the barn or crafting bags or trading resources for gold/materials (and I still make much more on the AH than any other source).

The shipyard money is much less stable. Some weeks I've actually made zero gold. Other weeks I've made 6k from a single mission. But lord knows I've gotten like 25 Left Shark.

Incidentally, on all four of my characters combined I've only had the Blingtron mission a single time.

This is super worth mentioning as well. Satchel runs are good money, if you are just dps check for the highmaul wings and Blackhand, those are all less than 10 minute runs at this point, each wing also gives gold on top of the satchel so it builds up fast. If you have a tank/healer spec it's even better (especially tank, tank call to arms show up all the time for dungeons).

Personally even as tank/healer I'd still mostly only queue if a dps satchel is up, the difference in those runs with overgeared dps and not is substantial. Especially if you're considering HFC, I won't touch that place now unless a dps satchel is up.

ZenaxPure

Personally even as tank/healer I'd still mostly only queue if a dps satchel is up, the difference in those runs with overgeared dps and not is substantial. Especially if you're considering HFC, I won't touch that place now unless a dps satchel is up.

I only touch Highmaul and Blackhand for LFR satchels, even as a healer those runs are on average less than 10 minutes so I don't mind. I do most of my satchel runs on my druid (resto/boomkin) and I can usually chain call to arms together for a while swapping between the 2 roles. Haven't done it lately though since I've been working on other things. Tanking for me is exclusively dungeon call to arms, I don't like tanking LFR.

cdyhybrid

A lot of people really seem to hate it, it has a lot of rp and Spine is obnoxious. For those looking for easy gold for minimal effort, DS is usually a pass. Also, "easy" is relative, even Firelands can be tricky for someone undergeared, the difference between even 650 and 700 iLvl is substantial, and most people's alts aren't geared exceptionally.

I've been tracking it for a while now. The interesting thing to me is on each of my horde and alliance servers, I have one "main" that has 675 followers and optimized treasure hunters and such, and one secondary character that just has some treasure hunters and isn't as well developed. But on both servers, my gold income from garrisons is almost exactly 50/50 between the two characters, which lends credence to the idea that gold missions are distributed on an account or server level. I also make slightly more gold on the server that I play more often (10-20% or so), but I never miss a mission, so it seems play time may have some influence on mission generation as well. I've been making pretty consistently around 5k per character per week for a while now, just in gold missions. And it seems reasonable to expect that things like the jewelcrafter or scribe missions would add at least a bit to that. And that's ignoring things like the barn or crafting bags or trading resources for gold/materials (and I still make much more on the AH than any other source).

The shipyard money is much less stable. Some weeks I've actually made zero gold. Other weeks I've made 6k from a single mission. But lord knows I've gotten like 25 Left Shark.

Incidentally, on all four of my characters combined I've only had the Blingtron mission a single time.

You can get full 700 in a day in Ashran. All the RP stuff is annoying but I usually just tab out for it.

You can get full 700 in a day in Ashran. All the RP stuff is annoying but I usually just tab out for it.

I seem to always have bad luck with this. It took almost a week to a get a full set because the groups I was in were consistently bad. Way too much bickering about what we all should be doing and how bad the leaders are.

cdyhybrid

I seem to always have bad luck with this. It took almost a week to a get a full set because the groups I was in were consistently bad. Way too much bickering about what we all should be doing and how bad the leaders are.
There are ground spawns that can contain over 100 fragments that you can pick up if you can't find a decent group. Turn those in for honor. There's something like 10-12 of them, pretty easy to just do circuits around the zone and pick them up as they spawn while staying away from the action.

There are ground spawns that can contain over 100 fragments that you can pick up if you can't find a decent group. Turn those in for honor. There's something like 10-12 of them, pretty easy to just do circuits around the zone and pick them up as they spawn while staying away from the action.

Ah, thanks. I'm going to bring a new rogue there so I imagine it'll be easy to just stealth run all over the place.

Tenebrous

Fatboss videos are good enough for the dummies in my guild
myself included

It's a lot easier if you have a few reliable people who can mop up wayward fire. Short answer, though, is to get those adds under control.

This is where we failed tonight. Missing two of our regular boomkins not only resulted in a lack of imp DPS but also a lack of interrupts (I was top with an average of 6 per attempt). We're gonna mix shit up, get our moonkins in, and knock it over tomorrow...

Such an easy fight for tanks though. I'm bored as fuck watching everyone else kill us all as all I have to do is interrupt imps & tank the boss when he changes colour.

Tacitus_

This is where we failed tonight. Missing two of our regular boomkins not only resulted in a lack of imp DPS but also a lack of interrupts (I was top with an average of 6 per attempt). We're gonna mix shit up, get our moonkins in, and knock it over tomorrow...

Such an easy fight for tanks though. I'm bored as fuck watching everyone else kill us all as all I have to do is interrupt imps & tank the boss when he changes colour.

We rotate aoe stuns/silences etc to deal with the imps. They need to die in a flash so two stuns from our warriors and warlocks and whatnot are usually enough for them to get smooched.
Oh and aoe grips from DKs.

Tenebrous

We rotate aoe stuns/silences etc to deal with the imps. They need to die in a flash so two stuns from our warriors and warlocks and whatnot are usually enough for them to get smooched.
Oh and aoe grips from DKs.

That's what we were doing but we only have one Warrior (me) and one proper DK for grips (unholy DK who went blood for Omnus).

Tomorrow, we'll have one of our hunters come on his Prot Warr to be the third tank (doubling our shockwave capability), we'll have our DK go back to Unholy for le phat DPS, and all 3 moonkins ready to go with starfall & beam if needed.

It'll drop easily, I reckon.

mclem

I tank and mop fire. When we're in the purple phase, I tend to run off when Omnus is channeling his gaze and get rid of some of the leftover green fire. And you can fit an explosion between tank swaps in the last phases.

It's something to do!

cdyhybrid

That's what we were doing but we only have one Warrior (me) and one proper DK for grips (unholy DK who went blood for Omnus).

Tomorrow, we'll have one of our hunters come on his Prot Warr to be the third tank (doubling our shockwave capability), we'll have our DK go back to Unholy for le phat DPS, and all 3 moonkins ready to go with starfall & beam if needed.

It'll drop easily, I reckon.
More DKs.

/DKplayer

Tenebrous

I tank and mop fire. When we're in the purple phase, I tend to run off when Omnus is channeling his gaze and get rid of some of the leftover green fire. And you can fit an explosion between tank swaps in the last phases.

I'm the one tanking Vanguard & the boss though so I can't really do that. Our DK has been doing that, but honestly, it's not with him our problems lie (he's been in server best guilds for most of his WoW life so he's just slumming it a bit with us, haha). We just have a few shit players with the fel fire debuff & interrupts on adds need to be better, and that's why I'm so sure we'll down it on Thursday - We're bringing the A team.

The best thing I reckon would be to have the pally tank do what I've been doing, and have me just on the boss, and the other warrior tank on Omnus. That would give me periods in which I could Bladestorm the imps, and the other Warrior can do the same on CD when Omnus is down and he's not mopping fire.

I don't remember this being an issue when I killed it with another guild, but whatever, they're better than us right now. We joined this tier too late.

mclem

The best thing I reckon would be to have the pally tank do what I've been doing, and have me just on the boss, and the other warrior tank on Omnus. That would give me periods in which I could Bladestorm the imps, and the other Warrior can do the same on CD when Omnus is down and he's not mopping fire.

If you have a pally tank, you have an AoE stun on demons. Hopefully he's using that smartly!

Tenebrous

It does on WarcraftLogs, which is why I'm sitting at like 130 or so for tonights raid.

Hopefully if me & the Pally swap jobs & I just tank the boss during his void phase then I can spec Ravager (I know I could at the moment, but not entirely comfortable doing so), Storm on CD, and equip UE and the cleave trinket (both mythic). Would be a lot more add DPS, and somehow easier on a boss where I already have little to do.

ViciousDS

Banned
Alright.....level 60, I fucking hate leveling 1-60......I love most of the expansion zones though..... Except pandaria...... Yes, that place can burn

Didn't get BlizzCon tickets today. Got in line the second it went up and no dice.

That LFG/BG is ready sound was a huge fuck you when it told me it sold out.

TheYanger

Didn't get BlizzCon tickets today. Got in line the second it went up and no dice.

That LFG/BG is ready sound was a huge fuck you when it told me it sold out.

it wasn't a real line. Just like always when they get third party vendors. Friend got 'through the line' twice in the time several others didn't get through once. We were all in at roughtly the same moment.

Lomax

Because most people on their nth alt want to spend hours sitting and doing a pvp zone they hate for gear they don't care that much about? You seem to commonly mistake "can" for "most people want to." I've set foot in Ashran twice, I have no desire to go back. The statement stands, most people don't have exceptionally well geared alts. And I wouldn't call 700 exceptional for that matter. Sure, it's trivial to have 650-675 from just extra baleful, but beyond that takes at least a certain level of effort. Besides, anyone with a large number of 700+ characters sure as hell doesn't need advice on how to farm a relatively small amount of gold.

cdyhybrid

Because most people on their nth alt want to spend hours sitting and doing a pvp zone they hate for gear they don't care that much about? You seem to commonly mistake "can" for "most people want to." I've set foot in Ashran twice, I have no desire to go back. The statement stands, most people don't have exceptionally well geared alts. And I wouldn't call 700 exceptional for that matter. Sure, it's trivial to have 650-675 from just extra baleful, but beyond that takes at least a certain level of effort. Besides, anyone with a large number of 700+ characters sure as hell doesn't need advice on how to farm a relatively small amount of gold.

I don't even know where you're going with this.

I asked why people would skip Dragon Soul when they're doing all the other raids.

You said because it's not that easy with 650 gear.

I said you can get 700 easily.

I would assume that if you wanted to farm raids regularly with a character you'd gear them up. One day of gearing is more than worth it for faster clears in the months ahead. If you don't want to farm raids or play a character then obviously you're not going to bother gearing it up.

Tenebrous

Dragon Soul is easy in 640 gear.

I used my Legion boost on another Warrior, equipped the BoA trinket (so 746), and tore through 8/8 25HC pretty easily.

Lomax

I don't even know where you're going with this.

I asked why people would skip Dragon Soul when they're doing all the other raids.

You said because it's not that easy with 650 gear.

I said you can get 700 easily.

I would assume that if you wanted to farm raids regularly with a character you'd gear them up. One day of gearing is more than worth it for faster clears in the months ahead. If you don't want to farm raids or play a character then obviously you're not going to bother gearing it up.

No, I said that people don't like Dragon Soul, because of excessive RP times and the annoyance of Spine, neither of which is fixed by gear. I then also said that a lot of these raids aren't as "easy" as they are presented as, if you don't have good gear, which plenty of people farming gold don't have on every single character. Like the 640 warrior above may find DS easy, but I very much doubt he thinks the same of H25 Shannox. Better gear helps with everything obviously. But step one of "make easy gold" shouldn't be "spend a ton of time doing things you hate." Again, we're talking about secondary characters that people may have doing nothing more than garrison management at this point, or stuff like boosted characters. Obviously the primary characters that people play will be geared up just fine.

Zackat

Alright, who is the lone Alliance vote and lol at Dalaran leading the charge with three whole votes. I think it's safe to say that if the GAF WoW guild gets off the ground, it will be a Horde one.

I already got horde area 52 characters ready to go. Dalaran I have alliance but whatever.

cdyhybrid

No, I said that people don't like Dragon Soul, because of excessive RP times and the annoyance of Spine, neither of which is fixed by gear. I then also said that a lot of these raids aren't as "easy" as they are presented as, if you don't have good gear, which plenty of people farming gold don't have on every single character. Like the 640 warrior above may find DS easy, but I very much doubt he thinks the same of H25 Shannox. Better gear helps with everything obviously. But step one of "make easy gold" shouldn't be "spend a ton of time doing things you hate." Again, we're talking about secondary characters that people may have doing nothing more than garrison management at this point, or stuff like boosted characters. Obviously the primary characters that people play will be geared up just fine.

And I said I get that the RP times are annoying.

One day is not a ton of time if you plan to actually do things with the character, dude. Like I said, if it's going to sit in the garrison there's no point, but you're not sitting in the garrison if you're farming old raids.

Also, weren't you the guy who was arguing that 2-3 months of legendary/artifact catch-up wasn't punishing? Now you can't be bothered to spend one day gearing up a character?

Kh5KIcJ.png

There's zero excuse to complain about characters being undergeared if you're not at 700 ilvl.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Looks like no one from my guild is really interested in going to blizzcon this year. A couple people were trying to get some to no success and I was trying too although I don't really want to go. Just wanted to see what the new site was like.

Looked like it was sold out in like 15 minutes, and anyone who got in line after 8 seconds was SOL

carlsojo

Alright.....level 60, I fucking hate leveling 1-60......I love most of the expansion zones though..... Except pandaria...... Yes, that place can burn

IMO Pandaria is the best besides Wrath.

Wrath (Best lore, best zones in the game) > Pandaria (it drags, but the world is at least interesting for the most part and questing is pretty fast.) > BC > Cata (these zones are just garbage other than maybe the ocean one, mostly due to being totally disconnected)

When it comes time to do 90-100 to get to Legion content it is going to be fucking BRUTAL doing all that Garrison shit so I'd be tempted to put it below Cata for that reason alone.

Tacitus_

IMO Pandaria is the best besides Wrath.

Wrath (Best lore, best zones in the game) > Pandaria (it drags, but the world is at least interesting for the most part and questing is pretty fast.) > BC > Cata (these zones are just garbage other than maybe the ocean one, mostly due to being totally disconnected)

When it comes time to do 90-100 to get to Legion content it is going to be fucking BRUTAL doing all that Garrison shit so I'd be tempted to put it below Cata for that reason alone.

What all that garrison shit? Other than the intro (which does take ages), you really do not have to do anything with them.

Leveling through WoD will be easy peasy. You won't have to do anything but the bare minimum, if even that, for your garrison. A few PVE quests, you won't have to upgrade anything beyond that. Just ignore it and level.

Found a use for the gold I've been accruing in my two garrisons and bought myself some game time with gold. Subbed up to Legion's current release date now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Looks like no one from my guild is really interested in going to blizzcon this year. A couple people were trying to get some to no success and I was trying too although I don't really want to go. Just wanted to see what the new site was like.

Looked like it was sold out in like 15 minutes, and anyone who got in line after 8 seconds was SOL

Yeah, pretty much if you are not there right on time you're not going to get a ticket.

You will not be buying PvP gear from a vendor in Legion. Instead, all gear will be acquired through the strongbox system.

So pvp gearing in Legion will be 100% rng? WTF? If you're unlucky you might just never get a slot ever? What idiot thought this would be a good idea?

Top Bottom