• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

erawsd

Sounds like pvp gear is nearly useless anyway. However, in general, I dont like how heavy they are leaning on rng for gear drops. They need to bring back justice/conquest points so that even the most unlucky can still make progress toward a reward.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So pvp gearing in Legion will be 100% rng? WTF? If you're unlucky you might just never get a slot ever? What idiot thought this would be a good idea?

Don't forget that gear in PvP gear is no longer the massive difference in Legion like it is in WoD. And the PvP gear that there is doesn't even have PvP stats on it,

PvP gearing is essentially just not even a thing at all anymore in Legion. Lockboxes will still give gear, but it's really no different from dungeon/raid loot (other than no raid set bonuses.) At this point it almost doesn't make sense for PvP to even give gear at all due to how removed from the actual act of PVP combat it is, but I guess they need to have some reward mechanism in place other than just the new level/prestige system.

ampere

ZenaxPure

At this point it almost doesn't make sense for PvP to even give gear at all due to how removed from the actual act of PVP combat it is, but I guess they need to have some reward mechanism in place other than just the new level/prestige system.

Think it has less to do with a reward system and more to do with the fact that plenty of people who pvp still do some casual pve stuff (questing, old raids, etc.) If pvp gives absolutely no gear rewards then those people are stuck with shit gear when they want to do those activities unless they spend less time pvping and more time doing pve content, which seems weird. Especially when you consider something like the pvp world quests mostly (all? not sure) being normal pve quests that take place in a FFA pvp area.

Milennia

So what are most proud of in World of Warcraft?, it could be anything, a mount, item, quest, raid, whatever.

Probably HFC to be honest with you as I was officer but I have many decisions I'm proud of.

Next up would be heroic ragnaros placing fairly well.

mclem

So what are most proud of in World of Warcraft?, it could be anything, a mount, item, quest, raid, whatever.

For a few years I tried to get my raid groups involved in 'bounty' content for Red Nose Day - a major charitable campaign that hits every few years in the UK:

rKwsAsA.jpg

The first time I did it I suggested a guild Naxx-10 raid over the weekend where the amount I donated would be based around how quickly we completed the instance, with a few bonus bounties for getting achievements on the way; small bonuses for achievements we ought to get with a little effort, up to a nice big wad of money to charity for Undying, which wasn't terribly likely to happen (we'd ordinarily lose random people all the time)

9DGeKdh.png

Sure, I had to fork out, but fair enough. Really proud of that performance.

Fjordson

Oh wow. Looks amazing.

I've never been a bleeding edge raider so I don't have any like world / realm firsts or anything crazy impressive, but I really love my Herald of the Titans title. It sounds cool and I got it during Wrath when it was kinda tough (December of 2009 to be exact). I still use it on all three of my max level toons.

My first would be defeating The Lich King on 10-man during Wrath. Got it on the last try of the night and it was glorious.

Second would be killing Lucifron and Magmadar in Molten Core during Classic. My first raid ever and I did it right after freshly turning level 60 because the guild needed an extra body to tank. I didn't do much compared to the other 39 bodies in the raid but it was quite an experience.

Maledict

For a few years I tried to get my raid groups involved in 'bounty' content for Red Nose Day - a major charitable campaign that hits every few years in the UK:

rKwsAsA.jpg

The first time I did it I suggested a guild Naxx-10 raid over the weekend where the amount I donated would be based around how quickly we completed the instance, with a few bonus bounties for getting achievements on the way; small bonuses for achievements we ought to get with a little effort, up to a nice big wad of money to charity for Undying, which wasn't terribly likely to happen (we'd ordinarily lose random people all the time)

9DGeKdh.png

That achievement gave me such an unpleasant flashback. We were a 25 player guild, and the weekend before they switched the achievement off, on the last raid lockout, we got all the way to Kel'Thuzad perfectly. Then at 20% life, a hunter DCed and died to an AE spell he would have moved out from.

I'm so glad they never went back to those type of achievements again after Wrath, they were truly awful!

CassSept

I guess when I had the best gear in my class in my country. Granted that was during T9 so that was mostly because for the first time ever I had some insane luck with drops, but it's something?

Kalecgos kill was the most satisfying. We were progressing through the game tier by tier and finally nailing Kalecgos was getting into the big leagues. On my server 30+ guilds killed Illidan, it was nothing really. Finally moving onto SWP progress, now that meant business.

I'm so glad they never went back to those type of achievements again after Wrath, they were truly awful!

Their implementation in Ulduar was miles ahead of the OG Immortal though. Christ almighty. That was... just... so many awful memories. Every week, three hours of constant stress.

Granted I did zone out once and died to void spawn at 20% hp of KT, to this day I remember it was Thursday, February 26th, 2009

You know, they could make Archaeology better by letting you turn in crates directly for rewards, or the blueprints for those rewards. Instead of the RNG shit.

Side note, up to 100+ boxes at the moment. Gonna open at 150.

Also, there's still occasionally a bug looting artifact fragments where you won't get any, even though the animation goes through with the doodad there.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
9DGeKdh.png

speaking of this, i suppose that mine would be the same too. I raid lead a 25-man no death run in Naxx and got Immortal. with less than 25 people, i think we did it with 20.

definitely a lot of my favorite raiding accomplishments were during WotLK.

ZenaxPure

If the name of that image is to be believed that looks to be the next horde pvp mount. Which seems curious cause idk what they'd do for a worgen themed one. Only reason worgen even ever got horses was to keep the mount count between the factions closer.

Lomax

If the name of that image is to be believed that looks to be the next horde pvp mount. Which seems curious cause idk what they'd do for a worgen themed one. Only reason worgen even ever got horses was to keep the mount count between the factions closer.

It would probably never happen, but it would be amazing to have a stagecoach mount where you could have passengers.

Rambaldi

Last night I was doing my ICC runs and I was talking to a former guildmate and Christ almighty all he did was complain about the game. He hates WoD (understandably), hates Legion, hates everything about the game ever and yet continues playing.

I don't get it. How can you spend money (or time, if you're using tokens) and continue to play something that genuinely brings you no joy? No one is ever going to be 100% happy with every thing that Blizzard does but if you hate it so much that everything is "meh" or "that sucks" or just pure vitriol then maybe you should just quit? I don't know. It seems stupid to me.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood now that I don't really have to grind that shit profession anymore. Missed doing Yogg for about two weeks now, but I should get back on it. What I do with my extra free time, who knows. Spent the remaining crates on Nerubian fragments and got the Yogg puzzle box toy, though I'm still missing the one that actually turns you into a bug.

And the next MMO phenomenon will probably be some VR thing anywhere from 5-15 years from now.

Last night I was doing my ICC runs and I was talking to a former guildmate and Christ almighty all he did was complain about the game. He hates WoD (understandably), hates Legion, hates everything about the game ever and yet continues playing.

I don't get it. How can you spend money (or time, if you're using tokens) and continue to play something that genuinely brings you no joy? No one is ever going to be 100% happy with every thing that Blizzard does but if you hate it so much that everything is "meh" or "that sucks" or just pure vitriol then maybe you should just quit? I don't know. It seems stupid to me.

Some people are addicted? Or it's like the SO you just can't quit - too used to the interdependence. Legion seems to look mostly good so far, so IDK what he's on about that. Maybe not if you're into PvP?

Kreim

Neo Member

This will sound a little silly but if I think about it, the thing that sticks out isn't any kind of hardcore progression or PvP or anything, it's simply tackling my nervousness and start raiding period. I'm referring to a long time ago, when I was young and I hadn't had much experience.

Like I think I learned a good deal about responsibility and dealing with pressure, working with others, commitment, etc. And just... jumping in and opening yourself to embarrassment and failure. Raiding had some valuable lessons as a young man and I think those are worth more than any mount or title that came later.

Alternatively... the people! Memories of forgotten friends, guildmates, weirdos... again nothing that can be tracked in-game, but treasured more than any item.

actual answer that's even stupider: my old character. Yeah, just, my old 2007 undead warrior, just being old with a bank filled with ancient junk that doesn't matter. He makes me proud more than anything, even though I usually only level him to cap, he still feels crucial to the journey of the game.

Back in WotLK the guild I was running (zeaLous) had server first Momma Said Knock You Out (25m), but only because the higher ranked guilds had done the boss on 25m sticking to the mechanics just in case it wasn't super easy.

Lomax

Habit is very powerful, and even something you hate can still be very comfortable. Plenty of relationships last that way. But I think the reality is that on some level he probably does still really like the game, it's just all the problems with it glare out to him and are all he actually talks about.

Zackat

Server first Kel'Thuzad kill in Vanilla.

Burning out on M'uru when it was all messed up is the low point. Playing resto shaman at that time in BC was horrifically boring, just spamming low rank chain heal.

ampere

Habit is very powerful, and even something you hate can still be very comfortable. Plenty of relationships last that way. But I think the reality is that on some level he probably does still really like the game, it's just all the problems with it glare out to him and are all he actually talks about.

Def agree with Lomax. When you've invested so much in the game it feels like a part of you and it's hard to give up even if you dislike a lot of things about it. Not saying that's healthy, but it's happened to me at times for sure.

cdyhybrid

They stand out even more in content lulls like this one.

Legion looks very promising though, so I'm guessing a lot of the complaints will fade when we finally get our hands on it!

Top Bottom