• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

RPGCrazied

I'm liking this expansion more than WoD. I love Legion stuff. And the class hall, artifacts seem really cool.

Hate how the demon hunter is race locked. Night Elf it is, I have 5 Blood Elves, lol

Don't get me wrong, there's some decent ideas here, but this is pretty much what I expected.

Doubling down on gimmicky bullshit with Artifacts and Garrisons 2.0.

Too few dungeons, too few raids.

Tenebrous

Don't get me wrong, there's some decent ideas here, but this is pretty much what I expected.

Doubling down on gimmicky bullshit with Artifacts and Garrisons 2.0.

Too few dungeons, too few raids.

Same here. Unless they're saving a big announcement for the end, which I doubt they are, I'm just not sold at all.

Also, to anyone holding out any hope that they will add dungeons in a future Legion patch - they haven't added dungeons in a patch since November 2011

Pretty good dungeons, too.

The raids were the only GOOD thing about WoD. C'mon son.

There were only 3 of them.

Or 12, according to Blizz!

Also:

Remember the Alliance "fistbump moment" of Mists of retaking Dalaran for the Alliance only?

Guess what! We're letting the Horde back in! Even though they're "at eachothers' throats"!

Fuck off Blizz.

Weebos

Banned
Expac looks very cool, I'm excited.

Not super jazzed about Demon Hunter, but that might be because I've played Demo Lock since Vanilla. I hope they differentiate us enough.

Questing & art disagree. Anyway, TBCs 8 raids of scaling difficulty & WotLKs 8 raids of scaling difficulty & heroic modes > 3 raids on 4 difficulties.

The art and questing are ALWAYS good in this game. The person I was replying to didn't seem to think the raids were very good. The raids in WoD were fantastic. The PROBLEM is that there isn't enough of them. Instead we get four difficulties. That's shitty, not the actual raid design itself.

What did I miss so far? I had to pause when they first got to demon hunter, now they're at PVP. What did I miss about the demon hunter?

Oh shit. They're bringing back Necrotic Strike. Are these talents basically a pvp spec addon?

The art and questing are ALWAYS good in this game. The person I was replying to didn't seem to think the raids were very good. The raids in WoD were fantastic. The PROBLEM is that there isn't enough of them. Instead we get four difficulties. That's shitty, not the actual raid design itself.

The person you were replying to was responding to the implication that 3 raids was fine and a 1 patch expansion was fine.

Tacitus_

Questing & art disagree. Anyway, TBCs 8 raids of scaling difficulty & WotLKs 8 raids of scaling difficulty & heroic modes > 3 raids on 4 difficulties.

That's absolutely disingenuous. You're giving as much weight to a single boss raid as to a 10 boss raid.

Tenebrous

That's absolutely disingenuous. You're giving as much weight to a single boss raid as to a 10 boss raid.

Not as disingenuous as giving as much weight to a four difficulty raid over a brand new instance.

Fine, take Maggy & maybe Gruuls out, despite the latter being a two boss raid. Still have Kara ZA SSC TK MH BT & SWP (+3 bosses) in TBC, and Naxx Ulduar Trial & ICC (+3 bosses) in WotLK.

Shahadan

I'm in for the zones and storylines alone. A nexus of all the races of Azeroth and learning more about their origin is right up my alley.

Robin64

Nothing really about fixing the problems WoD has, though. I have no idea what we'll be doing when we hit 110, other than raiding.

Tenebrous

WoD has only been out for 9ish months, while the other expansions have been out for much longer period of times.

In the same nine months, TBC, a cheaper expansion, would have Kara Gruuls Maggy SSC TK MH & BT, with ZA just a few weeks away. It's not even comparable.

Meh. wish there was more gameplay information.

All this fluff is fine, but it makes no difference when everything feels so sameish to play.

Khezu

I'll play it anyway because it's wow, but that was eh.

Artifact weapons might be cool, and Melee Hunters are the best.

Sad about no new races, and Demon Hunters look lame as hell, and I can already transform into a demon as a Warlock.

lazygecko

All in all this just feels like they're going through the motions. Legion in itself won't do anything to reverse the downward slope the game has taken.

Vanilla had 49 raid bosses
BC had 43 raid bosses
WOTLK had 54 raid bosses
Cata had 31 raid bosses
Mists had 43 raid bosses
WoD had 30 raid bosses

As raids got smaller so did sub numbers

Mists had the same as BC but Siege lasted a stupid fucking long time

Top Bottom