• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I like the PVP changes. I'm not into ratings that much, so I usually max my conquest in a day and then just PVP for fun. Now I can earn some extra rewards.

Wish they gave us a ballpark release date. Kind of kills the hype a bit not getting one.

Lomax

No announcement of a Beta release date, which means the thought that this was deep in development and could possibly release very quickly isn't happening.

Fjordson

I'm excited. We'll see if the end game can hold my attention longer than WoD did, but the initial setup and lore sounds great.

strafer

Man, the reactions are all over the place. It makes me really uncomfortable.

Seeing the guys up the on stage talking about the next step and people don't care.

Sometimes I don't even know why you play this game if you hate it.

Just unsub if you don't have anything to do.

Tacitus_

Not as disingenuous as giving as much weight to a four difficulty raid over a brand new instance.

Fine, take Maggy & maybe Gruuls out, despite the latter being a two boss raid. Still have Kara ZA SSC TK MH BT & SWP (+3 bosses) in TBC, and Naxx Ulduar Trial & ICC (+3 bosses) in WotLK.

Right, I said the game could've used one more tier. Especially because they raised the price.

But the quality of the raids what WoD had has been phenomenal.

Robin64

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally hyped for the things shown.

Just worried about the things not mentioned. Hopefully Sunday for that.

Savitar

Vanilla had 49 raid bosses
BC had 43 raid bosses
WOTLK had 54 raid bosses
Cata had 31 raid bosses
Mists had 43 raid bosses
WoD had 30 raid bosses

As raids got smaller so did sub numbers

Mists had the same as BC but Siege lasted a stupid fucking long time

Part of the problem is easy to ID as well.

Oh hey, you can beat this boss on LFR if your not in a guild.

Got a guild? Cool, beat him on normal!

Congratulations now do it on heroic.

Hey you managed to do that, well you want more right, do it AGAIN, but now on mythic.

Seriously, that shit, really does not help at all. It drags things out.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i think it looks good overall.

my idea about a "command center" thing seemed to basically be what the class order is.

artifacts are definitely the most interesting part. honor system is nice

mileS

unfortunately we have to wait until sunday to learn more I think.

Left with tons of questions after that. PvP gear still in the game? if the currency is gone what will happen to arena and rewards that way?

As Robin said, the biggest part of the game is max level, what are we going to be doing.

Class balance? Racial balance (worst it has ever been) New talents? New abilities. What about a response or at least take a stance how they felt about removing all the abilities they did.

McNei1y

I think the game looks great. New lore, new continent, new things to explore, and so on. I just wish I had the same drive to raid/pvp as I did back in the day. I'm still going to play the game for a bit but I don't see anything that will keep me attached.

CassSept

Not as disingenuous as giving as much weight to a four difficulty raid over a brand new instance.

Fine, take Maggy & maybe Gruuls out, despite the latter being a two boss raid. Still have Kara ZA SSC TK MH BT & SWP (+3 bosses) in TBC, and Naxx Ulduar Trial & ICC (+3 bosses) in WotLK.

Vanilla had 49 raid bosses
BC had 43 raid bosses
WOTLK had 54 raid bosses
Cata had 31 raid bosses
Mists had 43 raid bosses
WoD had 30 raid bosses

As raids got smaller so did sub numbers

Mists had the same as BC but Siege lasted a stupid fucking long time

Naxxramas was a 15-boss piss easy raid lifted straight out of vanilla and 'retuned', as in nerfed to infinity. Using it to prove anything is disingenuous.

Shahadan

Man, the reactions are all over the place. It makes me really uncomfortable.

Seeing the guys up the on stage talking about the next step and people don't care.

Sometimes I don't even know why you play this game if you hate it.

Just unsub if you don't have anything to do.

I still have no idea after all these years why people feel the need to be suscribed all year long or even feel uneasy about cancelling and coming back later.

Hell, even subscribing for 6 months at once seems ridiculous to me.
There is no way a game will provide you with that much content

Tenebrous

Naxxramas was a 15-boss piss easy raid lifted straight out of vanilla and 'retuned', as in nerfed to infinity. Using it to prove anything is disingenuous.

It was new to 99% of the playerbase, unlike Mythic WoD raids which have been seen (at different difficulties) by everyone with even a mild interest in PvE. Hell, if we're talking about things being returned as a negative, then we should be absolutely shitting over the new expansion. Illidan? Dalaran? Burning Legion?

"Returned," and no doubt nerfed to infinity.

Lomax

They said the Beta would be this year.

Point being, if the release was soon, Beta would be soon, and a more specific date like "next month" would have been announced. That would have been bold and generated a lot of buzz. There was some hope that the quick end to WoD and early expansion announcement meant the expansion would come out really quickly (like, by the end of the year), and while that may have been unlikely, it was a possibility. Now it doesn't seem like a possibility at all, and at the rate subs are already dropping, if it's a year before the actual release, where will it be at? 3 million? Less?

The bigger point is, they dropped absolutely no bombshells or anything that didn't seem like more of the same. And more of the same is fine, to a point, but it seems to indicate that they are just accepting the attrition as inevitable. So those people like me who have been gone for a while but dipped back in using tokens are going to drop back out when our gold dries up, and at that point you'll see the real subscription numbers, and they won't be pretty.

ZenaxPure

Story stuff seems on the right track, like it's actually going to pick up where we left off in MoP instead of random AU crap that felt more like a movie tie-in than anything else. Really excited for all the new questing and stuff but the lack of endgame talk does leave a lot to be desired. Still a lot for them to talk about obviously though so I'm not hitting any panic buttons or anything yet.

I'm actually insanely excited about the location they picked for the expansion. Them shoving all the middle of the ocean landmasses into 1 xpac has been my biggest fear for a long time. Very happy about what happened here.

It'd be disingenuous if players had seen that content before. To over literally 99% of players it was new content.

As someone who did Naxx 40 in Vanilla, I got to play it with 10 people I really liked playing with rather than the other 15 / 25 who I just put up with playing with in Vanilla / BC, so I didn't mind Wrath Naxx at all.

The achievements were pretty fun as well. In hindsight, Wrath's launch was fucking fantastic.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Story stuff seems on the right track, like it's actually going to pick up where we left off in MoP instead of random AU crap that felt more like a movie tie-in than anything else. Really excited for all the new questing and stuff but the lack of endgame talk does leave a lot to be desired. Still a lot for them to talk about obviously though so I'm not hitting any panic buttons or anything yet.

I'm actually insanely excited about the location they picked for the expansion. Them shoving all the middle of the ocean landmasses into 1 xpac has been my biggest fear for a long time. Very happy about what happened here.

It's a continuation of the burning legion story line, which is basically draenor. Mop didnt have anything to do with burning legion

Quick total up...

DUNGEONS:
Halls of Valor
Black Rook Hold
Vault of the Wardens
Eye of Azshara
Darkheart Thicket
Neltharion's Lair
Helheim
Suramar City
Violet Hold

RAIDS:
The Emerald Nightmare (7 bosses)
Suramar Palace (10 bosses)

BATTLEGROUNDS and ARENAS:
None

Yay...

Tenebrous

So, everyone gets an artifact? No raiding required? It powers up from quests or what?

It'll be locked behind either/or (guessing) LFR and daily CDs/quests.

Quick total up...

DUNGEONS:
Halls of Valor
Black Rook Hold
Vault of the Wardens
Eye of Azshara
Darkheart Thicket
Neltharion's Lair
Helheim
Suramar City
Violet Hold

RAIDS:
The Emerald Nightmare (7 bosses)
Suramar Palace (10 bosses)

BATTLEGROUNDS and ARENAS:
None

Yay...

Yeah, that's a lot of bollocks. Needs a lot more big announcements, but I'm expecting fuck all.

ZenaxPure

It's a continuation of the burning legion story line, which is basically draenor. Mop didnt have anything to do with burning legion

Sounds like someone didn't do the legendary quest chain in MoP. Literally the entire thing was about preparing our world for a Burning Legion invasion. They are mentioned by name on multiple occasions by Wrathion and there is even a quest where the world gets engulfed by a green fire. This is the expansion that should have came after MoP but they let us down instead.

I may be wrong but didn't Xavius died in the Stormrage novel?
Well:

However, it is unlikely for an eternal to be completely destroyed, they may regenerate or continue on in non-corporeal form. After the sundering of the world, the eternal satyr Lord Xavius sought to build his dark army without attracting Elune's attention.Night elves still fear that he may yet be waiting to take his final revenge upon the Kaldorei.

Shahadan

Sounds like someone didn't do the legendary quest chain in MoP. Literally the entire thing was about preparing our world for a Burning Legion invasion. They are mentioned by name on multiple occasions by Wrathion and there is even a quest where the world gets engulfed by a green fire. This is the expansion that should have came after MoP but they let us down instead.

Wrathion made WoD happen to prepare us for the legion. Funny thing is, he's reponsible for their return too.

Shame they didn't make him appear in WoD (especially since we know he's there with us), would have been interesting, like everything that has been cut

strafer

I wonder if Demon Hunters mount will be themselves, like you know flying with the wings.

Like Warlocks have been requesting for ages. Sigh.

So with the son growing oh so fast how long does the king have to live.

One, two more expansions tops?

Hopefully none. Fuck Varian, fuck Thrall.

At least Genn plays a role

VMqbLVb.png

ZenaxPure

Wrathion made WoD happen to prepare us for the legion. Funny thing is, he's reponsible for their return too.

Shame they didn't make him appear in WoD (especially since we know he's there with us), would have been interesting, like everything that has been cut

Well he's at the very end of the legendary quest chain hiding in a corner... So that's something I guess.

They never actually made his motives of Draenor clear which could be for any number of reasons, like cut story content which wouldn't be surprising. I will cynically hold onto the idea that they never had any idea for his story on Draenor and they just wanted to put Draenor in the game.

TheYanger

Is DH really only available for NE and BE? That is a major disappointment.

it's basiaclly an entirely new model. It would definitely be a waste of resources to get it working on everyone (not just horns and wings, look at them they've got the legs and hands they've got everything redone in true illidan style)

Top Bottom