• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

phierce

Most of you are finding something to bitch about, but the truth is simple...94% of this thread will be day 1.

I'll be there day 1.

Savitar

Gnome DK's, remember that? lol

Eventually they caved

I remember everything.

Yeah it was funny as hell at first.

Who's the cutest little murder death machine. You are. Yes you are.

Hell I still remember the first time I heard the female gnome doing her /silly and cracking up laughing.

So so so so so so so so long ago now......

Quick total up...

DUNGEONS:
Halls of Valor
Black Rook Hold
Vault of the Wardens
Eye of Azshara
Darkheart Thicket
Neltharion's Lair
Helheim
Suramar City
Violet Hold

RAIDS:
The Emerald Nightmare (7 bosses)
Suramar Palace (10 bosses)

BATTLEGROUNDS and ARENAS:
None

Yay...
We have done dungeons a disservice, so here's another xpac launching with a pitiful amount.

ZenaxPure

Most of you are finding something to bitch about, but the truth is simple...94% of this thread will be day 1.

I'll be there day 1.

No bitching from me, I am really excited. Still need to see what endgame is going to be like but I am not insanely worried or anything.

Mitch

Banned
As a long time player, I'll definitely give it a go at launch. I'm witholding my judgement until I see how beta is, and what exactly makes it into the final build.

Prodigal

Banned
Man, the reactions are all over the place. It makes me really uncomfortable.

Seeing the guys up the on stage talking about the next step and people don't care.

Sometimes I don't even know why you play this game if you hate it.

Just unsub if you don't have anything to do.

I'm sorry that our disappointment with the expansion reveal is making you uncomfortable. I promise I'll only post positively about the game from now on.

They didn't say exactly what level DHs start/end at after their intro questline, but it's definitely high.

Don't think it'll necessarily be 100 though since you get a boost to 100 included with the expac already anyway.

And yeah, I need more character slots BAD.

So, being generous and assuming Dalaran on the map of Legion takes the same space as Icecrown Citadel does on the Northrend map...

VastGlitteringKomododragon.gif

ZenaxPure

Hi friends, just got home! I saw the trailer but not much else. What's new and crazy!?

TBH I'm going to say the craziest thing so far is them saying that the Survival artifact weapon is a Spear and then explaining absolutely nothing else before moving on to a different weapon.

Like are we going back to vanilla? Is surv going to be melee now? Are they just going to throw the spear constantly? Weird shit I want answers to and I don't even main a hunter.

Man, the reactions are all over the place. It makes me really uncomfortable.

Seeing the guys up the on stage talking about the next step and people don't care.

Sometimes I don't even know why you play this game if you hate it.

Just unsub if you don't have anything to do.

I cancelled my sub shortly after defeating Blackhand, the reason I'm disappointed is because this expansion mostly just brings the same old expansion format to the table and I'm done with that.

Not sure why you're feeling uncomfortable, people not liking the expansion doesn't concern you personally.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I mean, not that I am a huge lore guy... but that makes the most sense. I'm fine with it.

I'm bummed by it too. Troll DH is clearly too awesome for WoW to handle. Or Undead.

I'll be there day 1.

I'd like to think I'd be there day one and then cancel after a month or two like I did WoD.

But I dunno, blizz really burned me with the £40 wod price and not giving me enough content for even 2 months. So I kind of doubt it tbh.

Lol we finally get a Lore class after DK's and people complain when it can only be played by races that make sense within said lore.

"NO MORE ORCS UUUUGH"

"OH GOD WHY ONLY ELVES?!?!"

Not saying other races don't deserve love, but I'm still okay with NOT EVERYONE GETTING FUCKING EVERYTHING. That mindset has what has been dragging WoW down forever.

TheGrue

As someone who started playing WoD recently and has enjoyed my time back with WoW after a huge break from MoP, I enjoyed this reveal. Makes me excited to keep playing and then play this when it comes out. One of the things I loved from Lord of the Rings Online when I used to play was the Legendary weapons and these artifacts are similar in idea. Also, with the PvP revamp, I'd actually play some PvP.

Lol we finally get a Lore class after DK's and people complain when it can only be played by races that make sense within said lore.

"NO MORE ORCS UUUUGH"

"OH GOD WHY ONLY ELVES?!?!"

Not saying other races don't deserve love, but I'm still okay with NOT EVERYONE GETTING FUCKING EVERYTHING. That mindset has what has been dragging WoW down forever.

I'm stoked for another hero class. Monk fell pretty flat for me, it didn't bring a lot of lore to the table. I still enjoy doing the Death Knight starting zone.

I don't get the lack of content complaints. I'm really interested in seeing the class changes after seeing survival's potential change to melee. I just hope blizzard doesn't have too much on their plate balance wise.

These artifact weapons are too awesome as well. I'm interested in pretty much everything but warlock, mage, monk & priest for my first class to 110.

Did they say how Illidan is back? I seem to remember killing him.

Demons aren't killed unless you kill them in the Nether

It does make sense. You literally just typed it out there and quoted it. The few non elf DH's are NPC's because they're rare. While it says there a minority of Blood Elf DH's, for parity sake the horde needed a race.

Still, doesn't mean that we couldn't have demon hunters for any race.

They said that Maiev took his remains to the prison on one of the islands to ensure his spirit suffered for all eternity (and so that they could find a way to bring him back)

Still, doesn't mean that we couldn't have demon hunters for any race.

I'm ecstatic that not every race can be them. BRING BACK EVERYONE NOT GETTING EVERYTHING!

Not really, but demons (since WoD archimomde) apparently can't be killed permanently unless they are killed in the twisting nether. Guess they just filed illidan under that?
Edit: nevermind then,must've missed that

Savitar

If you watch the cinematic teaser they put out Guldan puts a hand on some green crystal that has something in it. The green crystal pulsates with energy as the one inside is revealed a bit more in a distinctly Illidian shape, his chest tat's light up and that's it.

At Blizzcon they'll probably show the whole thing.

Savitar

wait a second

WAIT
A
SECOND

why the FUCK do demon hunters have horns
that was caused by the skull of gul'dan on illidan

BECAUSE.

Oh wait you want an explanation.

Because Illidian is basically THE demon hunter so everything has to be like he is.

So you probably ingest a bit of demon stuff. If not chew on a few skulls.

Also.....BECAUSE BLIZZARD SEZ SO.

Nudull

Banned
Yeah, Demon Hunters seem a lot more underwhelming when you realize that they're basically being made into melee Demo!Warlocks. I hoped Blizzard would bring some options so that you wouldn't end up just being an Illidan clone.

Khezu

Locks better get something rad this expansion in compensation for DH stealing all our cool shit.

Id say maybe Rogues too, but no one cares about Rogues.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I feel like they're just trying to tickle your hype/nostalgia nerve.

It's cool and all, but I think there are going to be a lot more demon hunters than there ever were monks, and maybe even death knights.

Also, people saying Blizzard is just hamfisting all of this into a "SAVE THE GAME" expac....you clearly have no idea how game development works.

This has been in the planning/dev phase for YEARS.

Top Bottom