• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

cdyhybrid

Apparently I'm in the Legion Alpha? How did that happen. I just checked my account today, and I have the client to download, no email or anything.

I guess check your account to make sure. Its 36 gigs tho, won't be playing it for awhile.

*reads post*
*rushes to PC*
*opens launcher*

*is disappointed yet again*

RPGCrazied

*reads post*
*rushes to PC*
*opens launcher*

Did you log on the website and check your account settings? But yeah, if its not on the launcher, then no go.

I'm not in a special guild, been with the game for about 10 years with slim breaks in between though.

RPGCrazied

Maybe they are getting ready to do a mass invite or something? This is what I see:

Untitled.png

hey guys, looking for some advice.

I'm a blood DK tanking heroic HFC right now. I have the heroic plume from Iskar, a warforged Blast furnace door, Tyrant's Decree, and the class trinket.

Ask Mr Robot has me using the plume and the class trinket, but wouldn't it be better to stack tyrant and the plume for bonus armor? I was even thinking of keeping tyrant's because of the stacking stam buff. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should get?

Nope no invite.

Tried some TBC servers and the experience has been awful. I wish Blizzard would just do their variation on classic servers, not going to bother wasting my time on them anymore, plagued by bugs and faction balance issues. WoD is superior, the only thing I truly miss is each class feeling unique in what they bring to the table. That and having something to do in WoW while we wait for Legion, classic servers would have helped the content gap somewhat.

I think I'm going to roll with Enhance shaman for my first legion character. Cool animations, coolest artifact spell and I like that they seem to have more of a single target & burst damage slant this expansion.

Tenebrous

*reads post*
*rushes to PC*
*opens launcher*

This.

God fucking damnit. I have every redeemable game on Battle.net, 10 years of WoW subscription on my main account and god knows how many on alt accounts, so much spent on character services and what not... Just gimme a fucking invite!

So close, yet so far on Archimonde tonight. Keep wiping in the 20-25% or so range. On the plus side, it seems people have figured out Mark of the Legion for the most part now that I changed a couple things.

Also, I'm now temporary raid leader up from DPS officer, as the former raid leader is getting stuck with a shitty shift (that conflicts with our already odd hours) indefinitely. Not really what I necessarily want to do, but I'm the only person who can fill the role at the moment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm in a really shitty ilvl position with my warrior right now.

701(699) equipped. The only real options for upgrading my gear is Conquest gear. Normal mode isn't really worth my rolls but Heroic Hellfire is a little out of my ilvl range for pugging. Same for Mythic Dungeons. Shitty all around.

I'm in a really shitty ilvl position with my warrior right now.

701(699) equipped. The only real options for upgrading my gear is Conquest gear. Normal mode isn't really worth my rolls but Heroic Hellfire is a little out of my ilvl range for pugging. Same for Mythic Dungeons. Shitty all around.

You are perfectly fine to do Mythic dungeons in that item level and although you may think that normal hellfire isn't a good option the set bonuses on tier as well as trinkets are so powerful right now that they are an absolute must, plus normal/heroic are basically the same in terms of mechanics so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get used to the fights on normal, get at least your 2set and maybe a trinket and then start working on heroic.

I guess I'm the only one who'd rather there not be a catchup mechanic.

It would certainly make it a more interesting choice but with the way the game is built now with spec swapping being so much more desirable even for pure DPS classes they pretty much have to do it.

I'm not really worried about it personally I'm much more worried about legendaries... They seem way to fucking powerful to actually make something you can only get randomly and I really hate the idea that I could potentally be full decked out in mythic gear but get sat because I don't have 1 or 2 legendaries because my luck with drops might suck. It's a really stupid fucking system that has no damn place in a game that has constant gear progression.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Another gold making post.

Probably LTTP with this but noticed yesterday you could transmute savage bloods as an alchemist; I thought it could be a sneaky way to make a small amount of gold but after looking into it further I would barely even make a profit (10-20g). But then I noticed you could transmute the sorcerous items from one to another. Checked the prices they sell at. Water, air and fire are selling for 40s per item but earth is selling for 4g right now!
I think I sold a couple stacks of 200 for 500g the other day (my own excess mats) but the prices now are just over 800g.
I bought a few stacks of the lesser ones spending around 230g and just converted the lot to earth. I'll get back 3200g if the stacks sell! Even if they don't, surely they'll stay at least 1g per.

Ever since the Legion date was announced I've noticed people have started tanking the prices for a lot of sort after items, I assume to get rid of all their excess stock before their value flatlines, so I've been on the look out for a couple bargains.

Tacitus_

Eh, ok that's a little lame. unless there's ome gameplay affecting aspect of it, like your damage affects your ember gain or some shit, then I don't see the point. RNG is only important when it alters how you're playing.

That's the thing about ember gain. They changed it to soul shards and made it so Immolate ticks have a chance to give you a shard and conflag casts give you a shard. No more partials. Apparently it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but I still think it's going backwards from a good system.

-NeoTB1-

Huh, it looks like I'm in the Alpha as well. No email or anything, but I see it in my launcher. Cool. The last time I played an Alpha/Beta for WoW was before Vanilla launched in 2004.

Tenebrous

It would be fucking awful for there not to be, just for offspecs let alone alts or rerolls.

True, but I kinda liked having the same class twice with different rolls. Having one character known as a healer and the other as a DPS was pretty cool, I thought.

But yeah, I know I'm the only one. I'd also do away with dual spec, haha.

On a related note, I read War Crimes and Illidan this weekend, both awesome books! I bought Stormrage too (on sale 99p Amazon.co.uk) but finding it very hard to get into..

ZenaxPure

On a related note, I read War Crimes and Illidan this weekend, both awesome books! I bought Stormrage too (on sale 99p Amazon.co.uk) but finding it very hard to get into..

Stormrage is the one WC book I don't care much for either. My big issue is that it has a gimmick that is pretty good the first time it happens but then that gimmick is used like every other chapter so half the book is basically filler. The only redeeming quality of it is that it picks up the morrowgrain quest chain from vanilla wow and explains what it was all about (which in turn gave me a good laugh from the irony.)

To be honest you can probably skip if if you can't get into it. They are reusing some aspects of the plot of the book in the Val'sharah storyline in Legion anyhow.

Stormrage is the one WC book I don't care much for either. My big issue is that it has a gimmick that is pretty good the first time it happens but then that gimmick is used like every other chapter so half the book is basically filler. The only redeeming quality of it is that it picks up the morrowgrain quest chain from vanilla wow and explains what it was all about (which in turn gave me a good laugh from the irony.)

To be honest you can probably skip if if you can't get into it. They are reusing some aspects of the plot of the book in the Val'sharah storyline in Legion anyhow.

According to my Kindle I have read 12%, I'm going to give it another go tomorrow, if I can't make it to 50% then I'm gonna skip it. I dunno which to get next, I hear Arthas is very good.

Lomax

Okay now I really want to know the morrowgrain thing, can you spoiler it? Or point to a page with a spoiler? Wasn't on that link.

ZenaxPure

Okay now I really want to know the morrowgrain thing, can you spoiler it? Or point to a page with a spoiler? Wasn't on that link.

Go to the main morrowgrain link on wowpedia (it's linked on the page I posted). But the short version of it was
Fandral was using the morrowgrain to keep Malfurion trapped in the Emerald Dream. I always found it funny at the time since one of the storylines in vanilla was about how Malfurion was trapped in the nightmare and couldn't escape, turns out is was out fault all along and Fandral played us.

Pretty interesting looking back on it now how they were setting up Fandral as a villian in vanilla WoW. That quest giver knew what was up tho, we shoulda listened to him.

Lomax

Go to the main morrowgrain link on wowpedia (it's linked on the page I posted). But the short version of it was
Fandral was using the morrowgrain to keep Malfurion trapped in the Emerald Dream. I always found it funny at the time since one of the storylines in vanilla was about how Malfurion was trapped in the nightmare and couldn't escape, turns out is was out fault all along and Fandral played us.

Pretty interesting looking back on it now how they were setting up Fandral as a villian in vanilla WoW. That quest giver knew what was up tho, we shoulda listened to him.

That's pretty cool, thanks.

The only bit you omitted was
Fandral blamed Malfurion for the death of his son, so Fandral wanted Malfurion to suffer. He was keeping him in the Emerald Dream so the Emerald Nightmare could take root and Malfurion would be helpless to stop it. I think Fandral was also the one that during this time was working on poisoning Teldrassil.

TheYanger

It's a nice idea, but I could never see 20 people showing up for that.

Use the group finder on tuesday, find a group looking for more or fill in spots in your guys. Make new friends that way. It's almost like cross realm lets you keep enjoying the game rather than killing it!

biaxident

After watching a lot of nostalrius vids about it's closing, a lot of the arguments that WoW is so bad now compared to classic WoW I think could be solved pretty easily.. I would do away with cross realm zones, the bonus to dmg/health for using dungeon finder, and make LFR not be used to advance any legendary quest or anything. Not even gonna bother to talk about garrisons, we all know how bad they are. Garrison had so much potential but they just did it completely wrong. Hopefully Legion makes it better with actually having to go out in the world to do their missions (still can't believe they kept so much of the garrisons). And the main thing is actually have enough content to satiate the average player. There is a good WoW out there, I just hope blizz actually listens to feedback and does something constructive with it instead of "you think you want it...but you don't".

cdyhybrid

After watching a lot of nostalrius vids about it's closing, a lot of the arguments that WoW is so bad now compared to classic WoW I think could be solved pretty easily.. I would do away with cross realm zones, the bonus to dmg/health for using dungeon finder, and make LFR not be used to advance any legendary quest or anything. Not even gonna bother to talk about garrisons, we all know how bad they are. Garrison had so much potential but they just did it completely wrong. Hopefully Legion makes it better with actually having to go out in the world to do their missions (still can't believe they kept so much of the garrisons). And the main thing is actually have enough content to satiate the average player. There is a good WoW out there, I just hope blizz actually listens to feedback and does something constructive with it instead of "you think you want it...but you don't".

95% of the feedback they get is shit.

Magnus

Wait, people are mad there are less stats to worry about? Man, I'm glad things are simplified. I want to think more about playing the game and having my real-time reactions determine things than staring at fucking numbers all day and tinkering. I get that everyone's fun is derived differently. That's just me.

Also, this bit on WoW's facebook page tonight, lmfao (Game of Thrones Season 5 spoilers):

World of Warcraft
What do you think is Jon Snow's fate? We're guessing Forsaken.
521 Comments1.4K Shares

Top Comment:
Um, well blizzard im assuming that since hes been stuck in his garrison doing follower missions for 5 seasons he's better off dead now.
Like · Reply · 1,024 · 4 hrs

Zackat

Everyone always wanting to take away conveniences people fought for smh. Wiping in LFD groups is miserable and you were in queue for long enough that it is worth it to wait it out with a bad group wiping. Taking that away would cause even more problems because some people just aren't that good. While this may foster trying to get people on your server it is sometimes hard to get 5 at once, thus LFD.

I don't get your complaints for cross-realm zoning. That seems like a benign feature to just make it seem like the zones are busy with people. It goes away when there are enough on your server in the zone I thought?

I understand your point on LFR because that's where I believe a lot of the problems with WoW in it's current state started. But at this point in time the people who pay 15 bucks a month and don't have the free time to raid multiple days/nights a week deserve to see the questlines as well. We (the people who raid a lot) should be able to get legendary transmoggable skins for our gear from bosses in addition to our quest legendaries or something like that. They could go crazy with it and it would bring back the times where you saw some badass shit and had to get your friends to come over and check that person out.

Kinda rambling in the end, but yeah.

biaxident

Everyone always wanting to take away conveniences people fought for smh. Wiping in LFD groups is miserable and you were in queue for long enough that it is worth it to wait it out with a bad group wiping. Taking that away would cause even more problems because some people just aren't that good. While this may foster trying to get people on your server it is sometimes hard to get 5 at once, thus LFD.

I don't get your complaints for cross-realm zoning. That seems like a benign feature to just make it seem like the zones are busy with people. It goes away when there are enough on your server in the zone I thought?

I understand your point on LFR because that's where I believe a lot of the problems with WoW in it's current state started. But at this point in time the people who pay 15 bucks a month and don't have the free time to raid multiple days/nights a week deserve to see the questlines as well. We (the people who raid a lot) should be able to get legendary transmoggable skins for our gear from bosses in addition to our quest legendaries or something like that. They could go crazy with it and it would bring back the times where you saw some badass shit and had to get your friends to come over and check that person out.

Kinda rambling in the end, but yeah.

I like the LFD tool, but to me the bonuses they give you just dumb it down a lot. But I get your point that there are a lot of bad players and you don't want to waste your time in queue ( I remember cata heroics near launch lol). I think WoW is trying at least to please raiders and casuals at the same time. Hardcore guys got mythics, the casuals got LFR.

I would make silver proving grounds a little tougher though, add in moving out of aoe situations for all specs so you keep the really bad players doing normals. Keep the noobs out of heroics.

My issue with CRZ is that you end up competing for quests with a bunch of randoms from random servers. Now this is the same as the LFD tool but to me LFD tool saves a whole lot of time so I find it ok. But zones don't save me any time. They populate my low pop zone with 15 other guys trying to loot the 8 boxes... I remember back in the day when you compete for quests, you group up, you make friends, you quest with them the next day and its great. You don't do that nowadays. Heck I even find it weird when 90% of my guild is from the linked server. If there were still big elite quests you had to group for I could tolerate crz, but heirlooms = lawlz.

Lomax

I like the LFD tool, but to me the bonuses they give you just dumb it down a lot. But I get your point that there are a lot of bad players and you don't want to waste your time in queue ( I remember cata heroics near launch lol). I think WoW is trying at least to please raiders and casuals at the same time. Hardcore guys got mythics, the casuals got LFR.

I would make silver proving grounds a little tougher though, add in moving out of aoe situations for all specs so you keep the really bad players doing normals. Keep the noobs out of heroics.

My issue with CRZ is that you end up competing for quests with a bunch of randoms from random servers. Now this is the same as the LFD tool but to me LFD tool saves a whole lot of time so I find it ok. But zones don't save me any time. They populate my low pop zone with 15 other guys trying to loot the 8 boxes... I remember back in the day when you compete for quests, you group up, you make friends, you quest with them the next day and its great. You don't do that nowadays. Heck I even find it weird when 90% of my guild is from the linked server. If there were still big elite quests you had to group for I could tolerate crz, but heirlooms = lawlz.

Not to pick on you, but between your posts you've said both "I want more people out in the world instead of back in their garrisons" and "I hate other people out in the world because they compete for my quest items." Which of course directly contradict each other. It's hard to please everyone.

One of the big things about feedback is understanding that "get rid of this core feature" is not usually of any value. LFD isn't going anywhere, LFR isn't going anywhere, CRZ isn't going anywhere. So how do you improve those things? CRZ in particular, I think quests need to be more zone and proximity based than group based. I think It's silly that you still have to be in a group in order to complete the tanaan objectives for example. It should just let everyone there work together to completion and then either reset or go to another phase for the next people who come along (some aspects do work that way, but they are the minority). That's somewhat how Guild Wars 2 handles public quests. They've gone a long way towards improving things like with shared tagging, but it needs to go farther. That would address your complaint about CRZ.

cdyhybrid

Legion allows multiple people to tap a single mob for quest credit and stuff. There's a limit on it so people don't just do everything in a raid group, but it should help a bit with that.

The problem with LFR is largely that for a large majority of players they can see the content with a very very very small amount of effort required so because of that they never feel the need to actually learn about the fights, mechanics, their class, or about raiding in general. It ends up spoiling the pool of possible raiders to draw from as more and more people quit the game. There aren't very many people getting into raiding anymore and why should they when they can see the content without very having to really try to do anything.

Raiding and the gear it offered was a big reward for putting real time and effort into the game now they hand out everything like anyone who has ever made a character is entitled to be able to have a mythic raiding item level without putting any real effort into it. The legendarys being random drops in Legion is one of the dumbest things that blizzard has ever decided to do.

The reward of actually doing high end rating is so low now the raiding population is dying because of it. You are seeing some of the major progression guilds quit because theres nothing worth it anymore and most are moving on to better games and those who still want to get mythic archimonde down like myself and my guild are having massive problems recruiting because its in between expansions and there is very few people actually trying to get into raiding now and even if there is most are so far behind on the legendary questline that they can be the best player in the entire fucking world but if they don't have that ring they can't keep up and unless you want to spend 5 or more hours a week grinding out mythic dungeons for VP its just not easy to catch up.

If you were a major fan of Warcraft and you wanted to see how the story of Arthas or Illidan ended you had to actually do a real raid to see that content, that was part of your reward for working through those raids and committing your time to the game. Now you want to kill Archimonde one of the biggest badasses to ever appear in the Warcraft universe its just a queue away, there is no challenge, no effort needed, just a few clicks and bam you are there right at his feet and he'll give you epic gear for the next to no effort you put into it.

When LFR was introduced what I wanted it to be was a way to actually allow players who were not familiar with raiding to learn about raiding and hopefully get into it because of it, but the LFR crowd just wined over and over again about the bosses not being faceroll enough and now they are literally faceroll and we are all worse off for it.

Top Bottom