• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are you tripping out on some drug? You're a former Illidari, i.e. You were a part of the previous black temple crew in bc. Maiev threw you and Illidan's body away with the key

Yeah the lore around player DH is actually fine as-is, but this is definitely a time where I wish they would stretch the lore for gameplay. Elf-only is such a sack of butts.

Robin64

Was expecting a few more class/race combos, especially to make up for only elves being able to be DH.

I like that some of them got "intros" of sorts before, like meeting troll druids during the Echo Isles war. But then some didn't, like fuck it, gnomes can be priests now.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Sounds like someone didn't do the legendary quest chain in MoP. Literally the entire thing was about preparing our world for a Burning Legion invasion. They are mentioned by name on multiple occasions by Wrathion and there is even a quest where the world gets engulfed by a green fire. This is the expansion that should have came after MoP but they let us down instead.

i did it, i thought you meant the questing/storyline of MoP with the Mogu and stuff. The legendary storyline was on a different level of storytelling that continued what happened because of Cataclysm rather than something that happened because of MoP. they're obviously interrelated, but the burning legion didn't have anything to do with anything that actually happens on Pandaria other than the tail end with Timeless Isle, which is arguably just a continuation of the legendary storyline.

Savitar

Undead demon hunters would be really cool.

Well they did Forsaken Death Knights.....which is pretty funny in itself really.

Oh no I died and now I'm an undead creature!

Later

Shit I got killed AGAIN and now I'm an undead death knight.

Some people have no luck whatsoever.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Was expecting a few more class/race combos, especially to make up for only elves being able to be DH.

I like that some of them got "intros" of sorts before, like meeting troll druids during the Echo Isles war. But then some didn't, like fuck it, gnomes can be priests now.

It makes sense to me, there was never really a lore countered reason for Gnomes to never be priests, but there is a good reason for there to be only elven demon hunters.

Draxal

I'm really glad they limited it to belves and nelves, as I really don't want to see the abominations that orc demon hunters would be.

Although I really do wish I could create a Tauren Demon Hunter with Special Demon Hunters horns and still could wear the T1 warlock hat.

TheYanger

Guys, using math and mspaint skills, I shrunk the actual map of crystalsong forest down to fit onto the northrend map, then I scaled the new amp so that that Dalaran picture fit EXACTLY onto the crystalsong dalaran, and I discovered something even more shocking
bgKAVa2.png

davepoobond

Guys, using math and mspaint skills, I shrunk the actual map of crystalsong forest down to fit onto the northrend map, then I scaled the new amp so that that Dalaran picture fit EXACTLY onto the crystalsong dalaran, and I discovered something even more shocking
bgKAVa2.png

its not exactly surprising that the islands are small. i fully expected that to be the case. you can't have a huge continent in the space of that ocean there.

emerald nightmare is in a different dimension and the planet where demon hunters start on isnt even on the map, plus theyre adding all of those extra class order areas.

if they're doing the yearly expansion thing they're gonna have to be smaller in general anyway.

TheYanger

its not exactly surprising that the islands are small. i fully expected that to be the case. you can't have a huge continent in the space of that ocean there.

emerald nightmare is in a different dimension and the planet where demon hunters start on isnt even on the map, plus theyre adding all of those extra class order areas.

if they're doing the yearly expansion thing they're gonna have to be smaller in general anyway.

I'm....not being serious. I'm pointing out how silly it is to try and base scale off of that shit. There's absolutely 0 chance the entire expansion is the size of Storm Peaks.

davepoobond

I'm....not being serious. I'm pointing out how silly it is to try and base scale off of that shit. There's absolutely 0 chance the entire expansion is the size of Storm Peaks.

that's what you think...!

(i did get the joke, i was actually just saying that i really do think it'll be smaller in general and not as large as a normal landmass this time around. they've got all of the extra areas and stuff so it isn't really "smaller" expansion-wise, just the continent wont be as big IMO)

Savitar

You got to remember, the world is as big or as little as Blizzard needs it to be.

What takes us three minutes may take "months" in game cannon wise to travel too.

Nothing is exactly on scale.

mileS

Not sure why people are complaining about the lack of dungeons shown or announced. The take away here is they are putting a bigger focus back on them (which is awesome imo) They were heading that way with the timewalking/mythic dungeon and further focus on it makes me very happy.

I like small raiding, sure, that will always have its place. But to forever be the end all be all for gearing and content you run on the regular is time to end.

TheYanger

Holy shit, new technology let me scale the map based off of the picture of Dalaran on the wrath map screen, I've now overlayed it to scale based on THOSE images.
U390BYH.png

Blizzard redeemed

davepoobond

Holy shit, new technology let me scale the map based off of the picture of Dalaran on the wrath map screen, I've now overlayed it to scale based on THOSE images.
U390BYH.png

Blizzard redeemed

i dont like how they're not really islands and they smashed them all together on top of northrend

Purdy

Well, hopefully with Legion's improved mog system we'll get invisible shoulders to transmog, or a display option ala cloaks and helms.

There is a new mog system :eek:?

I bitch because I care and still love this game. Not much of this is sitting well with me, but I'm sure it's just a reverse honeymoon effect. I'll warm up to it... Probably.

I wish shoulders sat a bit closer to the model

That was obvious but just chill, I'm pretty negative now about the whole thing but you're really trying to pick apart things which aren't issues to be honest. The real ones are still not being addressed. (Well maybe PvP will get drastically better if this is done right but I doubt it)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

That was obvious but just chill, I'm pretty negative now about the whole thing but you're really trying to pick apart things which aren't issues to be honest. The real ones are still not being addressed. (Well maybe PvP will get drastically better if this is done right but I doubt it)

After WoD anyone not approaching this with extreme caution needs to check theyselves.

WoD looked amazing, everyone was hyped as hell for it, and then...

Hopefully there's nothing silly in this expac, hopefully it isn't as big of a letdown.

Zelias

Banned
Yes, the official site mentions it and the devs have mentioned wanting to sort out transmog for a while. No real details on it yet, but I think most of us are expecting a D3-style system where you unlock 'skins' you can then use at will.

Purdy

its just a customization for the artifact weapons. they didnt detail any new or existing systems getting updated or added for transmog

Ah okay, got slightly excited :(

Yes, the official site mentions it and the devs have mentioned wanting to sort out transmog for a while. No real details on it yet, but I think most of us are expecting a D3-style system where you unlock 'skins' you can then use at will.

Slightly re-excited, look forward to it.

After WoD anyone not approaching this with extreme caution needs to check theyselves.

WoD looked amazing, everyone was hyped as hell for it, and then...

Hopefully there's nothing silly in this expac, hopefully it isn't as big of a letdown.

Without a doubt, I don't know one person I know who was a WoW player who wasn't excited when they took an interest in it.

That said shitting on every single little detail for no reason is pointless, here is hoping they can turn it around but still makes no sense with their 'largest developmental team ever'. Some of the models looked very nice and I guess the art/raid teams are doing very well still.

Purdy

What are people expecting from these artifact weapons as they put me off a fair bit.

1) Your entire weapon for the expansion, continually upgraded with grind outside of raid/progress in it and used throughout

2) Same as 1 but rather no stats but just the traits you unlock matter and you'll still get weapons as normal in raids and can choose to use the artifacts skin?

2 seems okay to me, 1 seems shit. Guess it could easily be neither but feel like 1 is what it is

EDIT: Also seems like its going to be a massive pain in the fucking arse with alts just like the legendary ring (which I can't even be arsed to do on my main at this stage)

Tenebrous

What are people expecting from these artifact weapons as they put me off a fair bit.

1) Your entire weapon for the expansion, continually upgraded with grind outside of raid/progress in it and used throughout

2) Same as 1 but rather no stats but just the traits you unlock matter and you'll still get weapons as normal in raids and can choose to use the artifacts skin?

2 seems okay to me, 1 seems shit. Guess it could easily be neither but feel like 1 is what it is

EDIT: Also seems like its going to be a massive pain in the fucking arse with alts just like the legendary ring (which I can't even be arsed to do on my main at this stage)

1, with progression locked behind patches, dailies, and weekly raid lockouts. Woo...

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's the cloak/ring but for each spec.

And I'll believe that when I see it. That seems like something they're definitely going to cut down to one per class or one per role per class.

On the legion website it says:

. We’re improving the transmogrification system, allowing you to collect item appearances and save your favorite outfits without sacrificing precious bag space.

davepoobond

umm

its definitely 1. its definitely a grind, and i'm assuming its going to kind of be like Shadowmourne -- kill a bunch of mobs every now and then, quests here and there, and then talent trees to choose your progression with some sort of cap in the talent points.

if it wasn't 1, there would be no point to having the system.

It's the cloak/ring but for each spec.

And I'll believe that when I see it. That seems like something they're definitely going to cut down to one per class or one per role per class.

On the legion website it says:

great, that should clear out my void storage bank.

i agree that 36 sounds ambitious. need 3 of those weapons for each class basically? definitely going to change. at least, i think so...

Ashodin

I mean yeah if you want to keep mogging that more power to you

but if they had Orc DH they would be EVERYWHERE ALL. THE. TIME. YANGER!

ahhhhhhhhhh

as for the upgraded mog system in general, give me fucking cloth gear looks on plate. I want a badass hood to go with my plate armor that doesn't also contain a facemask

Beatrix

Can we have account wide tabards? If I can rock my Furious Gladiator's Tabard on all my characters I'll play WoW forever.

Purdy

1, with progression locked behind patches, dailies, and weekly raid lockouts. Woo...

umm

its definitely 1. its definitely a grind, and i'm assuming its going to kind of be like Shadowmourne -- kill a bunch of mobs every now and then, quests here and there, and then talent trees to choose your progression with some sort of cap in the talent points.

if it wasn't 1, there would be no point to having the system.

:(

That fucking sucks, I hope some of it is tied to top tier raiding and not everyone is the exact same special snowflake, although its already pretty close

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bets on Shaman not getting Doomhammer as their Artifact? Taking all bets.

Or we can just bet on them not getting an artifact at all.

TheYanger

I mean yeah if you want to keep mogging that more power to you

but if they had Orc DH they would be EVERYWHERE ALL. THE. TIME. YANGER!

ahhhhhhhhhh

as for the upgraded mog system in general, give me fucking cloth gear looks on plate. I want a badass hood to go with my plate armor that doesn't also contain a facemask

I would be a female panda DH to be super Kawaii ^_^

Re: Doomhammer, the coolest part to me was confirming it was still dual wield but you would have like an energy ball offhand with your elemental powers going through it, sounds like a sick visual

davepoobond

the funniest part about the artifact stuff is that everyones gonna be running around with doombringers and doomhammers and iconic legendaries that there should only be 1 of

CHC

the funniest part about the artifact stuff is that everyones gonna be running around with doombringers and doomhammers and iconic legendaries that there should only be 1 of

Not if they instance the entire game world so you never have to see another unsightly human being again!

TheYanger

I mean, that's true of all sorts of regular ass shit we wield all the time. I'm assuming you can still Tmog it (they'd never force you into 1 basic weapon model all expansion...) and there are like 20 versions of each in what they've shown.

Pull yer head outta your butt and think about how these systems work in other games. Works fine in FF, loads of people love their relics despite everyone having them, and look at how EverQuest used to do it.

its no different than everyone mogging to the same exact swords or using the same drops from current tier raids.

Yeeeesh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Blizz is ok stretching the lore enough to retcon draeneis into protoss space sex idols, but the idea of a non-elven demon hunter? why that's crazy talk! we need more elf classes to help with their low pop issues!
Class Hall
LlNAxQT.gif

Top Bottom