• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

TheYanger

So Blizz is ok stretching the lore enough to retcon draeneis into protoss space sex idols, but the idea of a non-elven demon hunter? why that's crazy talk! we need more elf classes to help with their low pop issues!

LlNAxQT.gif

The demon hunters also have a shitload of modelling work, it's not just lore reasons that they're elves only.

and "why"? Cause there were aspects of garrisons that were fun and aspects that weren't, and people have been asking for more class specific quests/content since the game came out. Speaking as someone that has always had one of these spaces as a DK ,they're fucking awesome. I chat with random death knights in Acherus all the time.

Tacitus_

I'm gonna be chilling out with the rest of heroclass players on our own goddamn legion planet. With nice fel comets streaking across the Nether.

The demon hunters also have a shitload of modelling work, it's not just lore reasons that they're elves only.

and "why"? Cause there were aspects of garrisons that were fun and aspects that weren't, and people have been asking for more class specific quests/content since the game came out. Speaking as someone that has always had one of these spaces as a DK ,they're fucking awesome. I chat with random death knights in Acherus all the time.

Also, did I see Archerus on the map as well for the Broken Isles during the powerpoint? Like its moved there or something?

Jag

Oh those hunter artifact bows look sweet. Screw Survival. If I wanted to actually move, I would have played a melee class. AFK autoshot FTW.

Tenebrous

So Blizz is ok stretching the lore enough to retcon draeneis into protoss space sex idols, but the idea of a non-elven demon hunter? why that's crazy talk! we need more elf classes to help with their low pop issues!

LlNAxQT.gif

I thought Class Hall was the best announcement, haha. Leave it alone!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

What aspects of garrisons were fun?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Pull yer head outta your butt and think about how these systems work in other games. Works fine in FF, loads of people love their relics despite everyone having them, and look at how EverQuest used to do it.

its no different than everyone mogging to the same exact swords or using the same drops from current tier raids.

Yeeeesh.

i dont play any of those other games, so its hard to go from that frame of reference. Besides FF resets its lore every game so its not exactly the same comparison considering Warcraft's continuous storyline. I have no idea what kind of lore EverQuest carries on its back.

All i said was that it was going to be funny-looking since many of these Artifacts are widely popularized within the lore itself. It'd be like everyone getting Frostmourne. Ashbringer and Doomhammer is pretty much along that same reasoning, its not exactly the same as getting a legendary since its pretty much going to be everyone in a class/spec having one instead of a limited amount of people

Also, did I see Archerus on the map as well for the Broken Isles during the powerpoint? Like its moved there or something?

There's also a zone on those slides that's not on the site's map. RIP Thal'dranath. We barely knew thee.

Or shocking twist, it's an added zone, not a removed one!

Or something else.

TheYanger

What aspects of garrisons were fun?

Having followers/recruiting them, even sending them out on missions is fun in small doses, which is what that sounds like. being a communal version makes it better. Less is more with that stuff, so having fewer guys and much fewer missions but with meaningful gameplay for you as a result is a big step up imo.

Fjordson

Having followers/recruiting them, even sending them out on missions is fun in small doses, which is what that sounds like. being a communal version makes it better. Less is more with that stuff, so having fewer guys and much fewer missions but with meaningful gameplay for you as a result is a big step up imo.
I really dislike Garrisons in Warlords, but think you could be right. "Less is more" for sure.

edit: little surprised by some of the negative reactions to specific aspects of the reveal. Like the artifact weapons. I like the lore a lot and find the Warcraft universe really interesting, but I dunno....even if it is goofy for people to be running around with these legendary weapons, I think the whole system sounds pretty neat gameplay-wise. Which is more important at this point than the lore imo.

Tacitus_

All i said was that it was going to be funny-looking since many of these Artifacts are widely popularized within the lore itself. It'd be like everyone getting Frostmourne. Ashbringer and Doomhammer is pretty much along that same reasoning, its not exactly the same as getting a legendary since its pretty much going to be everyone in a class/spec having one instead of a limited amount of people

Well each and everyone of us is the Commander of the Expedition to Draenor this expansion and that hasn't bothered people. We've always been the hero of the story.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
All the other scrub classes are going to be so jealous of the awesome succubus orgies that the warlock hall will have 24/7

ampere

Agree. The shitty thing was that it was way better than going out in the world to get stuff, you were better off leveling a new alt and having a garrison army.

Also getting mythic raid loot from bosses we hadn't killed yet... was weird.

And legendary quests requiring garrisons (shipyard), bad.

As an optional, side thing, it's totally fine.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also It doesn't sound like class halls will be tied to crafting at all, which is a big reason why garrisons ended up so disliked.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Well each and everyone of us is the Commander of the Expedition to Draenor this expansion and that hasn't bothered people. We've always been the hero of the story.

sure, but you dont see anyone else most of the time, so it isn't that big of a deal, amirite?

I really dislike Garrisons in Warlords, but think you could be right. "Less is more" for sure.

edit: little surprised by some of the negative reactions to specific aspects of the reveal. Like the artifact weapons. I like the lore a lot and find the Warcraft universe really interesting, but I dunno....even if it is goofy for people to be running around with these legendary weapons, I think the whole system sounds pretty neat gameplay-wise. Which is more important at this point than the lore imo.

i think the system is neat, as well, just from a lore consumption standpoint it'll be off-putting. I can still appreciate/criticize the game from different angles, however.

I think I've pinpointed one of the reasons this rubbed me the wrong way...

It's answering so many questions and tying up so many strings of old "what-ifs" in Warcraft for me. It's bittersweet.

Fjordson

i think the system is neat, as well, just from a lore consumption standpoint it'll be off-putting. I can still appreciate/criticize the game from different angles, however.
I can definitely see why it will be weird / goofy for some people. I just hope the system is as interesting as it seems.

Draxal

I wouldn't say more meaningful gameplay ... as one could argue that the meaningful gameplay was a detriment on the goldfarming/legendary/raiding dynamic in the game.

However, I think the best part of garrisons where you intereacted with random npcs in the world and they suddenly showed up in your garrison.

ampere

How much is 'optional' though. Keep in mind all the things we do in WoW that one could call 'optional'

The devs called Augment Runes optional at the beginning of the expac. I hated that.

They were the same power boost from Flask -> Greater Flask. It was such a dumb addition

nikos

So I'm on a 10 day WoD trial and want to get back into the game. I pretty much stopped playing right after hitting 90 in MoP, and felt lost when booting the game yesterday.

Any tips on leveling a 90 Warlock? Rotation, spec, etc. I've always played affliction. I'll do some research when I get home but any tips would be appreciated.

Draxal

I know it's not going to happen but I wish there were faction specific class halls. I want to get those filthy hamburgers and whateverderoi out of these hallow grounds of Light House Chapel.

I wonder what the priest class hall will be? Karabor?

Tenebrous

So I'm on a 10 day WoD trial and want to get back into the game. I pretty much stopped playing right after hitting 90 in MoP, and felt lost when booting the game yesterday.

Any tips on leveling a 90 Warlock? Rotation, spec, etc. I've always played affliction. I'll do some research when I get home but any tips would be appreciated.

Get BoAs, pick any spec, one shot everything.

RPGCrazied

They can also wear cloth? Maybe thats for the dps spec. I mean you are suppose to be really agile, so I doubt things are going to be hitting you much.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Hyped, but I'm gonna have to see how much gets cut and ends up being shit. Much more skeptical after wod. I want to hear specifics, how often patches will come out, expected size, etc.

There's still a lot of stuff to be cautious about that they didn't touch on today. Hopefully they'll address at least some of it on Sunday. Professions, Reputations, Dailies, etc. All of those were bungled in WoD. No mention of a new profession either, like, last one we had was archaeology in Cata as a secondary, and Inscription in Wrath. It's been too long.

Top Bottom