• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Aeana

Hi Aeana! :D

Which class/race, if I may ask?
Over the course of my time with this game, I've created and maxed out at different points 7 different priests... So this time, as tempting as it was to do priest again (seriously, I love priest), I went with pandaren monk. It's been pretty fun, although I feel like my healing toolbox is kinda small comparatively so far (level 64). I'll probably end up using the character boost from WoD to raise a priest anyway just so I have it.

Interfectum

I wonder what would happen if Gul'dan got his hands on The Skull of Gul'dan.

SZOfu7G.jpg

Nudull

Banned
Over the course of my time with this game, I've created and maxed out at different points 7 different priests... So this time, as tempting as it was to do priest again (seriously, I love priest), I went with pandaren monk. It's been pretty fun, although I feel like my healing toolbox is kinda small comparatively so far (level 64). I'll probably end up using the character boost from WoD to raise a priest anyway just so I have it.

I've been tempted to try out a priest before, but I kept thinking that it wouldn't be as fun leveling on my own. Now that I've been trying out different things, it'd be nice to revisit it. How was it like, from your experience?

Props for creating a monk, by the way. They need more love. :)

Wrathion is gonna be smug as fuck in this expansion.

Despite the fact that this is pretty much his fault - Gul'dan reaches Azeroth due to Wrathion conspiring to release Garrosh, who created the timeline where Gul'dan isn't a skull that's sitting in my bank.

Ha, I forgot about that. I have Gul'dan's skull sitting in the bottom right of my void storage.

Ultratech

Reading all the new expansion stuff....that's a lot of stuff to take in.

Not sure how I feel about possible melee Survival Hunters. Then again, Blizz might do 'em right this time!
(Or we could just toss spears...that'd be neat too.)

Wonder how much of this stuff will actually make it into the game though. They promised a lot of stuff that was supposed to come with WoD that never saw the light of day.

Wrathion is gonna be smug as fuck in this expansion.

Despite the fact that this is pretty much his fault - Gul'dan reaches Azeroth due to Wrathion conspiring to release Garrosh, who created the timeline where Gul'dan isn't a skull that's sitting in my bank.

"It was all according to plan!"

Shahadan

Anduin redesign and the lack of Varian on the website smells fishy as well!

Kill Varian! Kill Varian!
Actually I just want Sylvanas VS Greymane for the whole expansion. Dial back the other horde/alliance stuff. They're the most interesting anyway, and I'd rather be loyal to my class ;(

Anyone have an alliance guild that raids on stormrage? I want to play again but with a guild that can consistently do normal/heroic. Part of the reason I quit last time was because of pug inconsistency and wait times. I'm a 675 Arms Warrior, I've played on and off since launch, and have done all the current raids on at least normal except hellfire.

Feel like the current lich king would have something to say if you go around collecting frostmourne shards.

RPGCrazied

So no weapons this expansion and just level your artifact? Or get this artifact at max level? I hope its at the start of it and grows with you.

Tacitus_

Anyone have an alliance guild that raids on stormrage? I want to play again but with a guild that can consistently do normal/heroic. Part of the reason I quit last time was because of pug inconsistency and wait times. I'm a 675 Arms Warrior, I've played on and off since launch, and have done all the current raids on at least normal except hellfire.

Feel like the current lich king would have something to say if you go around collecting frostmourne shards.

Bolvar is on ice until they need a new villain. I doubt he minds.

Lesath

Pure speculation here, but I have a feeling they're going to start killing off lore characters to grab our attention. Suddenly we're trusted with Doomhammer and the Ashbringer? Fury warrior weapon is still unknown, too. My guess, Varian, Thrall, Tirion, and possibly Jaina are going to die.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Pure speculation here, but I have a feeling they're going to start killing off lore characters to grab our attention. Suddenly we're trusted with Doomhammer and the Ashbringer? Fury warrior weapon is still unknown, too. My guess, Varian, Thrall, Tirion, and possibly Jaina are going to die.

This would leave a weird vacuum where they would either replace them with no-names out of no where

or make the player characters the new paragons of each "class"

both of which seem really lame and immersion breaking to me.

Shahadan

They need to kill a lot fo people to make space. They don't know what to do with Thrall, Jaina, or Varian and haven't for a long time.

Make Greymane and Sylvanas the major players for this xpac. Throw Vol'jin and Anduin in as well. All the others can sit somewhere or die in a fire, wouldn't be really different nowadays.

And even if they don't kill anyone, it's way, way past time to use other characters.

Khezu

Demo Lock should get a new pet as their artifact, similar to Feral, and have the demon level up and get sweet near gear and skins.

Not sure what kind of demon would be a good choice though.

Lomax

Demo Lock should get a new pet as their artifact, similar to Feral, and have the demon level up and get sweet near gear and skins.

That is a phenomenal ideal. Seems unlikely, but brilliant.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In my fantasy world, Blizzard killed off Thrall and Sylvannas and left Cataclysm written Garrosh and Godfrey in charge. At least give my edgy Horde a real edge.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Eredar Lord.

I'm only half-joking

And it's amazing that it seems like the middle part of BRD just isn't done by people anymore because the dungeon finder skips it.

BRD's in a strange place. If you queue for the first wing, it grants rewards at pyromancer, but no matter which wing you've queued for, the entire dungeon is spawned so you can do absolutely a full clear. The problem is the same as it was in vanilla though; people will get lost, or people will outlevel the instance because of the tremendous amount of trash roaming the hallways. But if you truly wanted to, you could full clear to emperor in the same queue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sooooo

will Warlocks be able to enslave demon metamorphisized demon hunters?

And are we getting another character slot?

Aeana

BRD's in a strange place. If you queue for the first wing, it grants rewards at flamekeeper, but no matter which wing you've queued for, the entire dungeon is spawned so you can do absolutely a full clear. The problem is the same as it was in vanilla though; people will get lost, or people will outlevel the instance because of the tremendous amount of trash roaming the hallways. But if you truly wanted to, you could full clear to emperor in the same queue.

Oh, I know. My friend and I duoed the whole thing all the way through after a clear of one of the parts in the dungeon finder.

vilmer_

Also someone please give Furor a sandwich
X8YdTiF.png

You have 14 Days. If after that time the Sandwich is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play WoW.

The bow on the Legion site says something about "master marksman", and based on the wording of other weapon descriptions, that's probably a direct reference to the spec. Also on one of the first slides in the presentations when they showed artifact weapons, there was a gun on there. So yeah, safe bets.

I hope not. I hate using guns on my night elf hunter. BOWS BEFORE GUNHOLES.

Lomax

I hope not. I hate using guns on my night elf hunter. BOWS BEFORE GUNHOLES.

I really feel like they'll need to make some compromises on this system at some point. Maybe let any of the three specs use any of the three weapon models visually, or something. Or at least make it so you can transmog them. Because otherwise, a significant portion of people are going to be unhappy with the weapon they will be forced to used.

Ashodin

I must say I am LOVING the artifact system. Character progression that feels meaningful and with gameplay changing specs on it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wonder how many times they will recolor that moose mount. Spending a mount grinding out some rep just to get a light brown moose and then getting all the achievements in a raid to get a slightly lighter brown moose will be so cool.

Then it'll be even cooler when they release a store mount for 25 dollars that has a completely new model, that's always fun.

Top Bottom