• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is the Hunter's artifact only a bow? That's kind of disappointing.

The whole artifact thing seems like a perfect oppurtunity to go more indepth with the customization and have different weapon models based on your race/class rather than just race. Like a gun for a dwarven hunter, an axe for an Orc DK, etc

The whole artifact thing seems like a perfect oppurtunity to go more indepth with the customization and have different weapon models based on your race/class rather than just race. Like a gun for a dwarven hunter, an axe for an Orc DK, etc

They showed a Staff for Survival. Hence why everyone is thinking Surv is gonna be made into a melee spec.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I imagine for BM/Marks it'll be a bow, but Survival may be a melee class, it's Artifact was a spear.

Peachpies

Each Spec will have there own artifact, on the Legion website there is a hunter bow but it doesn't say if it is for marksman or beastmaster. Personally I think the bow will be for marksman and BM will get a gun like the dwarf hunter in the original wow cinematic trailer. I don't think any of the artifacts will be Legendaries that you can get already.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Each Spec will have there own artifact, on the Legion website there is a hunter bow but it doesn't say if it is for marksman or beastmaster. Personally I think the bow will be for marksman and BM will get a gun like the dwarf hunter in the original wow cinematic trailer. I don't think any of the artifacts will be Legendaries that you can get already.

Kind of what I am thinking as well!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like to get me excited about this stuff, I'd definitely want to see more of the racial choice shown in the weapon. I want to see a goblin with an artifact gun with a rocket launcher attached to it or something or a pandaren with a giant firecracker gun(think dragonbreath hand cannon but more detailed)

The bow on the Legion site says something about "master marksman", and based on the wording of other weapon descriptions, that's probably a direct reference to the spec. Also on one of the first slides in the presentations when they showed artifact weapons, there was a gun on there. So yeah, safe bets.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How did that new Gorehowl turn out anyhow? Like how do you get it? I stopped playing again right before Hellfire and stopped 'seriously playing' before BRF

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Probably related to the surprise/shock at the launch event.

i'm guessing they liked the idea of having a huge starting event a la Tanaan Jungle but did not like recreating the whole zone again later on for max level play.

they'll probably just blow up the majority of that Thal'Dranath island and we go back to the remnants of it later on.

Unless the spear is thrown. Like the Trolls from the RTS IIRC.

it might be both... there was that rumor about Raptor Strike coming back, and trap dancing may be something they want to bring back for survival.

my guess would be BM - Gun, Marks - Bow. Crossbow gets fucked

Tenebrous

Well, since there is a big event and battle at the beginning, perhaps it gets blown up?

There better to be an option to skip the intro sequence of quests if it's anything like Warlords of Draenor. Doing that boring chain 12 times killed my soul.

Skab

I like that they didn't fully show Illidan in the teaser cinematic, but instead just played the intro notes to his BC cinematic music.

And that one image they showed of the actual intro was of Varian, right?

Tenebrous

There are a couple of ways to skip the WoD Tanaan Jungle intro.

There is? I wish I knew that a few months ago, haha. Fingers crosse the new one has such a skip, then... I'll definitely do it once, of course.

I want a reforged ashkandi, trollbane or gorehowl.

No idea what our dual wield options would be. Maybe Brann Bronzbeard's stuff, or Varian's gladiator swords.

Ass candy would be awesome for Arms. Fury needs axes.

There is? I wish I knew that a few months ago, haha. Fingers crosse the new one has such a skip, then... I'll definitely do it once, of course.

Ass candy would be awesome for Arms. Fury needs axes.

Ashkandi would be my choice as well, but I feel like it's a bit too Alliance-like for Horde like Gorehowl is too horde-ish for Alliance. Fortunately this can be fixed with the different models. Lothar was a bad ass too, can't wait to see him in the film. A part of me wishes he carried over from some alternative timeline but I'm pleased Turalyon was mentioned.
In before he dies

JSoup

Banned
So, Demon Hunter is limited to elves?
If this has been addressed, sorry, still picking my way through all the data.

lazygecko

So, what do you think will inevitably be the one not-that-important feature their team ends up focusing way too much on to the detriment of other content? In Cataclysm it was the Azeroth revamp. In WoD it was garrisons.

I have a hunch it'll be all the stuff associated with class orders this time.

Tenebrous

So, what do you think will inevitably be the one not-that-important feature their team ends up focusing way too much on to the detriment of other content? In Cataclysm it was the Azeroth revamp. In WoD it was garrisons.

From what they said, it doesn't seem like the kinda thing that would take away as much time as Garrisons or the revamp.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's asking about the new model that was supposed to drop from Grommash as it's in his loot table (or was, rather)

I know, I'm just saying the old one isn't all that different when you're looking at it from real far away. I guess its not as hi-rez as the one Grommash has, but still.

Robin64

Yeah, though the class orders thing sounds awesome, it also doesn't sound very development heavy. Can use backend systems made for garrisons for the smaller followers bit we're getting, many locations are reused for the actual place, very minimal effort really.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Definitely the PVP stuff

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Are you tripping out on some drug? You're a former Illidari, i.e. You were a part of the previous black temple crew in bc. Maiev threw you and Illidan's body away with the key

Wait, is this confirmed? If so then its much easier to accept the race restriction for DH.

Although i don't remember NE Illidari during TBC.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Unless the spear is thrown. Like the Trolls from the RTS IIRC.

One of my buddies mentioned this, and although there is 100% no chance this is the case, I would absolutely main my troll hunter and never look back.

Nista

I know it's not going to happen but I wish there were faction specific class halls. I want to get those filthy hamburgers and whateverderoi out of these hallow grounds of Light House Chapel.

That was my issue with the class hall, especially on our vastly imbalanced servers. Like I want to sit around in a cave with 4 guildies and 50000 female draenos and dwarves wandering around like spazzes.

The less alliance the better, couldn't we just sacrifice them to the Legion (on PVE servers) and be done with it?

JSoup

Banned
Pfft, just got to the part where Khadgar moves Dalaran.
"Khadgar, what are-"
"Move bitch, I got demons to kill."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How funny that the last class we got was 'an agi part time tank part time dps leather class with unrivaled mobility' to the 'agi part time tank part time dps leather class with unrivaled mobility'

Aeana

Friend and I returned to the game last week. We both quit for the most recent time right as Cataclysm launched, although I personally haven't actually experienced any of the content since 3.0. I had to stop playing just before 3.1 for personal reasons.

We both started brand new characters and have been leveling up, having a good time, really looking forward to seeing the stuff we haven't seen. But, honestly, I'm having a great time re-experiencing old stuff again just as much. I was once again in awe of the sheer size of BRD, and Dire Maul and Maraudon. And it's amazing that it seems like the middle part of BRD just isn't done by people anymore because the dungeon finder skips it. Also loved the redesigned Scholomance and SM.

Truly, it's nice to fall in love with the game again. I know there's doom and gloom at the end of the tunnel, but I'm really enjoying the ride to get there again. Can't wait to see all of the zones and dungeons I've never seen before.

strafer

Friend and I returned to the game last week. We both quit for the most recent time right as Cataclysm launched, although I personally haven't actually experienced any of the content since 3.0. I had to stop playing just before 3.1 for personal reasons.

We both started brand new characters and have been leveling up, having a good time, really looking forward to seeing the stuff we haven't seen. But, honestly, I'm having a great time re-experiencing old stuff again just as much. I was once again in awe of the sheer size of BRD, and Dire Maul and Maraudon. And it's amazing that it seems like the middle part of BRD just isn't done by people anymore because the dungeon finder skips it. Also loved the redesigned Scholomance and SM.

Truly, it's nice to fall in love with the game again. I know there's doom and gloom at the end of the tunnel, but I'm really enjoying the ride to get there again. Can't wait to see all of the zones and dungeons I've never seen before.

Welcome back.

Ashodin

Wait, is this confirmed? If so then its much easier to accept the race restriction for DH.

Although i don't remember NE Illidari during TBC.

Old school Demon Hunters from way back in the day. Maiev shoved the Blood Elves in the same spot as them

Just give me tons of class quests from the Class Order Hubs blizzzzzzzzzzzz

Nudull

Banned

Hi Aeana! :D

Which class/race, if I may ask?

Khezu

Aesthetically I really like Tanaan jungle, thought it doesn't have the charm as timeless isles, and I think I might get sick of it really fast.

Just nice to wonder around a giant maze of jungle.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

This is a nice post.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shamans in a cave near the Maelstrom.
Druids get a massive city at the center of the continent.
WWxgKAD.jpg

Shaman life

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wrathion is gonna be smug as fuck in this expansion.

Despite the fact that this is pretty much his fault - Gul'dan reaches Azeroth due to Wrathion conspiring to release Garrosh, who created the timeline where Gul'dan isn't a skull that's sitting in my bank.

Top Bottom