• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

Well yeah. I'm mostly concerned cause that's like 3-5 mounts worth of kills we're gonna have to do with fucked up specs. Maybe they'll nerf HFC like they did SoO. Just an example, but Xhul/Manno without Gorefiend's would be very difficult if everything else remained the same.

Don't they usually just overtune everything to compensate? Not like they care about balance at that point.

ZenaxPure

and assassination continues to feel like the completely neglected third sheep spec

Quite the opposite really, it's the one rogue spec that has had a clear and defined playstyle for years now (since Wrath specifically) and they've been refining that each and every expansion, Legion is no exception to that refinement.

Hixx

The lower half of Taladar is soul crushingly tedious. Gorgrond used to be my lowpoint of the WoD levelling but after 5 goes through, everything after the Shattrath scenario in Taladar is horrible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Quite the opposite really, it's the one rogue spec that has had a clear and defined playstyle for years now (since Wrath specifically) and they've been refining that each and every expansion, Legion is no exception to that refinement.

I'll just say that I disagree then. Because Assassination feels like a bygone relic of BC, and I say that as someone who mained Muti rogue in BC. Where as I would say a Fury Warrior from MOP onwards is something that has a clear and defined playstyle with only a few bumps that were put in just to try to change it up while still making their playstyle very obvious. It's evolved and fits with the modern style of the game.

Assassination is very basic. Like vanilla basic.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Here's something minor from the 7.0.3 PTR:

wow_tooltiplegion0ykhc.png

I wrote last year about the then maximum item level (1000). In Legion the maximum level has been increased. What the maximum is I don't know at the moment. In Legion there currently exists no item higher than 950, but it's nice to see Blizzard has increased the cap.

As for new cvars, there's currently not too much of interest. Some related to "warp" seem interesting though, but they work erroneously. But I'll keep trying until I can get a good result.

strafer

Rösti;207237399 said:
Here's something minor from the 7.0.3 PTR:

wow_tooltiplegion0ykhc.png

I wrote last year about the then maximum item level (1000). In Legion the maximum level has been increased. What the maximum is I don't know at the moment. In Legion there currently exists no item higher than 950, but it's nice to see Blizzard has increased the cap.

As for new cvars, there's currently not too much of interest. Some related to "warp" seem interesting though, but they work erroneously. But I'll keep trying until I can get a good result.

Damn.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It's not a real item.
Correct. It's just a test script I used to check if the maximum item level had been increased. This script to be exact:

Code:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:137076:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:529:0:10:41:567:1:448:545:576:576:576:576:545\124h[Obsidian Stone Spaulders]\124h\124r");

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Retribution is pretty fun but they really feel like they were designed around how the talent change system was working before. Arms to a lesser but similar degree

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

2017 will save us!

It will have TWO THINGS instead of one.

Edit: And to be totally fair, if the voice chat patch gets its own mention, than 6.1, despite being shit, should be in the 2015 column. Both added shit features no one uses.

Lomax

I'm not saying WoD was great or full of content, but images like this are just slanted to look as bad as possible. They gave Cataclysm launch three slots even though it was the only thing that year (by that same standard, 7.0 will deserve two slots, one for when it hits and one for when the event starts). They gave each pre-launch content patch it's own slot except for WoD and Legion. And christ, the game is damn near 12 years old. Should we really think anyone would have expected it to be getting the same level of support it was at launch?

Edit: Quite honestly, the launch last summer of the Token was more significant than the majority of the "content patches" in vanilla. Weather effects? Yeah, that was game changing for sure...

Lomax

For $15 a month yeah I'm expecting more than one content patch per expansion.

It honestly surprises me they haven't sold a lifetime subscription at this point. And don't get me wrong, if not for the token, I certainly wouldn't be playing, and I have no intention of dropping $50+ on an expansion ever again, not when that buys me dozens of great games from other sources. I've felt like they should have the base expansions be free at this point (sell extras/collector's editions or whatnot) but clearly that hasn't happened. I'm not saying the value is there currently, but it isn't about a comparison to launch, it's about what there is now. Now is lacking, regardless of any comparison. But it is still impressive that the game gets regular significant updates being this old. And the comparisons like this image are misleading at best. Besides, even if there had been another significant content patch this expansion, we'd still be at the same point now.

Peachpies

I'm not saying WoD was great or full of content, but images like this are just slanted to look as bad as possible. They gave Cataclysm launch three slots even though it was the only thing that year (by that same standard, 7.0 will deserve two slots, one for when it hits and one for when the event starts). They gave each pre-launch content patch it's own slot except for WoD and Legion. And christ, the game is damn near 12 years old. Should we really think anyone would have expected it to be getting the same level of support it was at launch?

Edit: Quite honestly, the launch last summer of the Token was more significant than the majority of the "content patches" in vanilla. Weather effects? Yeah, that was game changing for sure...
The majority of the game is not 12 years old. If you are putting out $60 expansion and then on top of that charging people $15 a month to play the game than people should absolutely expect it to be getting at least the same level of support if not more support since standards have generally gone up since WoW was launched.

Jag

Holy shit are hunters pruned. I've mained a Hunter since launch and I really don't like what I'm seeing at all. So many abilities just removed. Cheetah has a short duration and a 3min cd, so basically worthless. MM has 2 pages of abilities and that's it. I'm not sure why they pruned so much from the class. This really is not a good direction to go.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Holy shit are hunters pruned. I've mained a Hunter since launch and I really don't like what I'm seeing at all. So many abilities just removed. Cheetah has a short duration and a 3min cd, so basically worthless. MM has 2 pages of abilities and that's it. I'm not sure why they pruned so much from the class. This really is not a good direction to go.

Because you're seeing a non-max level character.

Artifact weapon fully upgraded and all the active ability talents would probably get you around the same as now afaik.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't really mind the pruning. It seems clear they wanted to get every spec down to a core rotation of like 4-6 main abilities so you don't need to utilize 2 full bars for a standard dungeon/raid etc. Artifacts tend to only add one or 2 abilities, but talents add more. Almost every talent row has a choice between a passive that buffs an existing ability, or a new ability that requires a spot on your action bar.

I know everyone's going to have their own idea of where the sweet spot is, but I don't really miss the days of like BC-WOTLK of playing my shaman or warlock and having 4+ full bars of real estate taking space on my screen because every single button needed to be pressed at least semi-regularly.

Ashodin

Ret Paladins look like their rotation is going to be fun as hell. I love how the talents now morph a lot of abilities into other abilities.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Am I crazy? I swear I made a post in here about Elemental having totems as a talent. I don't see it. Did I post it somewhere else?

Anyhow, I think that's awesome. Keeps some class identity while making it a talent with some other strong choices if you want to get away from the totem necessity of recent years. Though it feels a lot more substantial than searing totem.

Is Hunter still a viable class to solo with, specifically as one of the better classes for solo'ing raid content. RIght now everyone can solo Cata raids but MoP ones are only viable with a few classes, hunter being one of them.

Anoregon

I will say MM and BM hunter are the only specs I've tried so far that have felt very negative to me

BM seems to be one of the most artifact-tied specs, due to it giving you a second permanent pet passively. I imagine it will feel clunky without it.

For some reason the game just said I lost 5 titles at the start of an arena match, seemingly at random (of Stormwind, Prelate, Conqueror of Orgrimmar, Peacekeeper and Sword of Wrynn) but I didn't actually lose them.

Rokam

Ran into the worst possible bug in beta.... Fishing bobber doesn't play a sound when you hook a fish if you're alt tabbed, even with sound in background on. Literally unplayable, everyone report this shit!

Whoever decided it was a cool idea to put an archaeological dig spot in the area in Western Frostfire Ridge with the wolves with 2300k hp needs to be kicked in the dick

Rokam

Whoever decided it was a cool idea to put an archaeological dig spot in the area in Western Frostfire Ridge with the wolves with 2300k hp needs to be kicked in the dick

Just wait till Legion, there's one smack dab in the middle of an elite mob area, and another in an area with a bunch of murlocs that have a shitload of health and travel in packs of 3-4.

Just wait till Legion, there's one smack dab in the middle of an elite mob area, and another in an area with a bunch of murlocs that have a shitload of health and travel in packs of 3-4.

Its like they are actively trying to sabotage archaeology

Every expansion post Cata is "Oh yeah THAT side profession exists right? Uhhhh make like 10 things and 1 rare for each and an achievement for wasting your fucking time. Done."

JSoup

Banned

If you're actively doing archaeology, then you're swimming in tokens. Turn a few in for a reset map.

Top Bottom