• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

So the new mastery, combo strikes, is pretty fun then? I've watched a few different videos, like Bellular's (which I know some here don't like), and the changes look interesting, some weird (Chi Orbit), but it's hard to evaluate them without experiencing them first hand. Looking forward to 7.0 to try it out.

Yeah I find it fun, especially combined with the combo hits talent that gives you a stacking damage increase for proper use of the mastery (1% that stacks 10 times). It's not hard to maintain or anything but it feels satisfying and there is risk with the talent since it takes 10 GCDs to build back up if you drop it.

Chi orbit sucks imo, but it gives you a passive damage option if you want it. Whirling dragon punch (in the same talent row) is more fun since it is another button to press which you want because of your resource costs. Blackout kick only costs 1 chi now but tiger palm (which is just jab now) generates 2 so the more you rely on blackout kick the more you find yourself in situations where you are at risk of capping chi. WDP also has the restriction of not being usable unless RSK and FoF are on cooldown so there is a timing element to it as well.

The mastery seems super straight forward at first since it looks like you can boil it down to just tiger palm -> x ability -> tiger palm repeat, but, if you try to do that you run into situations where you are waiting for energy to regen for a TP but also have Chi ready to spend and nothing to spend it on except blackout kick (which obviously is a DPS loss to use multiple in a row). So part of the fun is trying to make sure you use blackout kick as much as possible without energy capping but also not hitting it so much you don't have the chi to use your cooldown based abilities the moment they come back up. All that is also encouraged by one of the artifact traits that makes blackout kick and RSK give a stacking 5% damage buff to your next FoF each time you use them (that stacks up to 10 times).

One last thing I will say since you mentioned 7.0 is that almost every spec will be missing a core ability in that window of 7.0 changes before the expansion is live. Almost every artifact weapon gives an on use ability with a fairly short cooldown meant to be part of the core rotation. Like the Windwalker one is another 2 chi cost dump (on a 40 second cooldown so it's up often) which helps with maintaining your mastery. I still found the spec fun without the ability but once you have it there is a noticeable difference, and a lot of specs felt that way.

Lomax

That fishing stuff looks extremely well done, especially compared to the WoD fishing. Wonder if the other professions will be handled just as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
7.0 PTR may be incoming. Not as good as beta, but at least a chance for the rest of us to check out some class/spec changes.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
7.0 PTR may be incoming. Not as good as beta, but at least a chance for the rest of us to check out some class/spec changes.
That's nice, as it appears I did not get a beta key via the Wishpond giveaway. It's been a week since that giveaway closed, and the rules said the winner would be notified within a week.

Jag

My sub is up in 30 hours and I was going to go on break until the pre-patch, but I may need to stick around for the PTR.

It's not the cost, since I earn more than a token easily, it's the urge to play when I have so many other games that need love.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
My sub is up in 30 hours and I was going to go on break until the pre-patch, but I may need to stick around for the PTR.

It's not the cost, since I earn more than a token easily, it's the urge to play when I have so many other games that need love.

How?

I'm so poor :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I could be wrong, but i don't think you need an active sub for ptr access

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
13410714_485830261613397_2138895239_o.png

lol my mage looks like Shao Kahn

Jag

How?

I'm so poor :(

Once you have several 100s and a few garrisons up and running, which takes time and money, they start generating income, i get a few thousand gold a day, taking in all the income including crafting and JC huts.

Also an easily geared 100 can run cata raids. Firelands alone nets about 2000g/week per 100 and can be done in about 20-30 mins.

Today I ran 9 100s on Kazzak, one after the other. The felblight drop rate is between 5-15. So even selling 80-90 felblight at 90g each, that's another 8k/week.

tl;dr get lots of 100s to make bank

djm

Quick question for anyone in the beta: how are PvP talents handled in terms of when you can/can't use them? Are they usable anywhere/anytime?

I only ask because a few of them seem like they'd be pretty good in PvE too (i.e. holy paladin being able to remove the mana cost of flash of light every 45 seconds.)

ZenaxPure

Quick question for anyone in the beta: how are PvP talents handled in terms of when you can/can't use them? Are they usable anywhere/anytime?

I only ask because a few of them seem like they'd be pretty good in PvE too (i.e. holy paladin being able to remove the mana cost of flash of light every 45 seconds.)

Only usable in PVP combat. They will remain on your bar at all times but they are grayed out when not in PVP (similar to like switching talents and the old talent still being on your bar but not usable).

JSoup

Banned
Wasn't the Warcraft movie times supposed to come with an FoE? Opened my letter and didn't get one.
Edit: There we go, I had to login on my Alliance toon as well.

Shahadan

I'm looking forward to read everything in the codex :3
Always my favorite part of prepatch stuff.

Also, no new loading screens? ;(
We always get new ones. Or is it later?

Shahadan

Mists of Pandaria didn't have new loading screens for the old zones either, right?

Sylvanas, eh, what are you saying Shahadan?

Weirdly they didn't do new ones for MoP but did for WoD. Anyway look at the eastern kingdoms loading screen on live and tell me Sylvanas doesn't look out of place. She looks like Mariah Carey doing cosplay.

I was hoping for a change, but apparently we'll have to wait for another expansion!

Shahadan

I just want to be able to log in.

I could earlier and the character has since then either vanished from the list or can't get past 90% loading.

Top Bottom